Options

The National Football League

Comments

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,298
    tybird wrote:
    Ah crap....my man DeMeco Ryans just got traded to the #@!*ing Eagles. :evil:
    :thumbup:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Monster RainMonster Rain Posts: 1,415
    I managed to miss the news that Flynn signed a 3-year deal with the Seahawks. If Miami can't get a deal done with Smith I have a feeling they'll wind up overpaying for Tebow.

tebow would come via a trade.

or did you mean they'd give up too much for him?

I mean that they'll overpay in a trade. They'll probably give up a pick in the first or second round of the draft (or both, given the way they've handled this offseason). But at least they signed Garrard! :roll: A guy who didn't play anywhere last season is just what they need to solve their QB problem. Jeff Ireland's an awful GM. When free agents openly cite you as the reason they chose not to sign with your team, it's probably in the team's best interest to replace you.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    This just in ...

Panicked Redskins Send Another Couple First-Round Picks To St. Louis Just To Make Sure

WASHINGTON—Mere days after sending the St. Louis Rams three first-round picks and a second-round selection in exchange for the second pick of the 2012 NFL Draft, the Washington Redskins took steps to ensure they would be able to sign Heisman Trophy–winning quarterback Robert Griffin III and sent the Rams another pair of first-round picks "just to be absolutely sure." "We have to take steps to protect the future of this organization," Redskins owner Daniel Snyder said Monday, adding that he would also consider throwing in tight end Chris Cooley, Washington’s best offensive player, and $1.4 million in cash if it helped to "make super sure" his team gets the pick. "And the way I see it, giving all our future draft picks away is the best long-term plan for the Redskins, especially since we don't have any money." As of press time, Rams officials said they had filed the paperwork to transfer the draft pick, but that having Redskins linebacker Brian Orakpo "couldn't hurt the process."

http://www.theonion.com/articles/panicked-redskins-send-another-couple-firstround-p,27649/
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    :lol:

it's not like you are even getting a known player...aka herhsal walker :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    I managed to miss the news that Flynn signed a 3-year deal with the Seahawks. If Miami can't get a deal done with Smith I have a feeling they'll wind up overpaying for Tebow.

tebow would come via a trade.

or did you mean they'd give up too much for him?

I mean that they'll overpay in a trade. They'll probably give up a pick in the first or second round of the draft (or both, given the way they've handled this offseason). But at least they signed Garrard! :roll: A guy who didn't play anywhere last season is just what they need to solve their QB problem. Jeff Ireland's an awful GM. When free agents openly cite you as the reason they chose not to sign with your team, it's probably in the team's best interest to replace you.

haha....if they give up much more than a low round pick, that will be too much. it won't take a lot to get tebow as denver isn't in a position of power. i think jacksonville is the team though. watch them get into a bidding war with them. :lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    tebow is cheap vs. the cap. they could easily sit on him...as a back up or runs some package plays for him.

gotta figure they could get a 3rd rounder for him...
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    Tebow to the Jets? :roll:
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    tebow is cheap vs. the cap. they could easily sit on him...as a back up or runs some package plays for him.

gotta figure they could get a 3rd rounder for him...

they're not going to keep him.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    dougfloyddougfloyd Fishers, IN Posts: 2,544
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

I don't understand this move either, are they just trying to screw with Sanchez's head some more? I think Jacksonville is the only place he makes sense, at least it would sell some tickets. I don't think any other teams would be in the market for a QB who can't throw.
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
  • Options
    dougfloyd wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

I don't understand this move either, are they just trying to screw with Sanchez's head some more? I think Jacksonville is the only place he makes sense, at least it would sell some tickets. I don't think any other teams would be in the market for a QB who can't throw.

watch the pats get him. mcdaniels is there. he's the dope that used a first round pick on him in the first place :lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    haha....if they give up much more than a low round pick, that will be too much. it won't take a lot to get tebow as denver isn't in a position of power. i think jacksonville is the team though. watch them get into a bidding war with them. :lol:

Seen yesterday that Denver is going to put sort of a performance clause on the Tebow trade. The pick they get will depend on the plans the new team has for Tebow.

Has there been similar stuff done for other trades?
  • Options
    Monster RainMonster Rain Posts: 1,415
    DewieCox wrote:

Seen yesterday that Denver is going to put sort of a performance clause on the Tebow trade. The pick they get will depend on the plans the new team has for Tebow.

Has there been similar stuff done for other trades?

I've seen it before. They'll make the trade for a conditional draft pick and if Tebow makes the Pro Bowl, is the starting QB for X # of games and the team makes the playoffs, etc. then the pick will be better.
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    edited March 2012
    BREAKING NEWS....

Tim Tebow traded to the JETS, Sean Peyton supended for the rest of the year. greg williams suspended indefinately. WOW!

Peace
    Post edited by g under p on
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    g under p wrote:
    BREAKING NEWS....

Tim Tebow traded to the JETS, Sean Peyton supended for the rest of the year. WOW!

Peace
    :shock:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    g under p wrote:
    BREAKING NEWS....

Tim Tebow traded to the JETS

Peace

:shock: :shock: :lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    payton gets a full year and williams suspened indefinitely....WOW :o
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747

Goodell has lost his fucking mind. An entire year????
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122

To make sure this will never happen ever again in the NFL.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options

Agreed... Drug users only get 4 games... C'mon...
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    g under p wrote:

To make sure this will never happen ever again in the NFL.

Peace

yep...had to make an example of him
  • Options
    blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889

Only thing I can see in Goodell's behalf, is that the League previously warned the Saints to knock it off, and they completely disregarded him.

But man... huge balls Goodell has...
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747

Agreed... Drug users only get 4 games... C'mon...

Guys with multiple arrests...DUIs, spousal abuse, etc... get 2,3,4 games. Payton getting a whole year just seems extreme.
  • Options
    this off-season has more drama than the regular season.
  • Options

Only thing I can see in Goodell's behalf, is that the League previously warned the Saints to knock it off, and they completely disregarded him.

But man... huge balls Goodell has...

i think it has more to do with all of the lawsuits they have been recieving and will continue to get from ex players complaining about player saftey and stuff.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    dougfloyddougfloyd Fishers, IN Posts: 2,544
    WOW, I run out to grab lunch and all hell breaks loose... I'm shocked :shock:
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
  • Options
    i think it has more to do with all of the lawsuits they have been receiving and will continue to get from ex players complaining about player safety and stuff.

exactly...if players in the future sue, the nfl can show that they were proactive in trying to quell the number of head injuries
  • Options
    two second round draft picks
    coach full year
    former def coordinator (now with rams) indefinitely with review after year
    GM 8 games
    Assistant coach 6 games...

Unreal
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    so I am wondering if that is it for Payton with the Saints. They will have to have someone there in the interim, so what are the chances he won't be back ever.
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Sanchez has to be pissed. Just what every pocket passer wants, to be lined up outside for a stupid wildcat play.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    doesn't this happen on every team tho?