Options

The National Football League

Comments

• Options
    dougfloyddougfloyd Fishers, IN Posts: 2,544
    Surprised, thought he would go to the Titans. But, the AFC west is terrible and might be his bect chance to win. Curious to see how he will play outdoors most of the season.

I would have thought that the 49ers would give him the best chance to win right away, but not surprised he went to Denver. It will be interesting to see where Tebow ends up and how that story line plays out.
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
  • Options
    RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    Tebow to Washington...RG3 and him in the backfield running the spread option. In reality Tebow's just lucky Elway owns car dealerships because he'll at least have a job next year selling cars.
  • Options
    Now we wait and see if he can take a hit.

I love how the Broncos are reportedly protecting themselves in the contract if something happens to him.

Also, I talked to a guy who had a similar procedure done on his neck. He thought that Manning would never play again so it will be interesting to see how this plays out.
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    RW81233 wrote:
    Tebow to Washington...RG3 and him in the backfield running the spread option. In reality Tebow's just lucky Elway owns car dealerships because he'll at least have a job next year selling cars.

He actually doesn't own them anymore.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    I'm surprised he didn't choose the 49ers if his intent was to win super bowls.
  • Options
    RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    It is kind of a stretch to think that him jumping on the 9ers automatically make them Super Bowl bound, but it was definitely a better situation. The 9ers had a pretty good run of luck last year (as well as being great on D), and Manning would have helped. However, anything can happen in a football season (injuries, missed FGs instead of made, a punt gets run back on you that you ran back the year before, etc.).
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,735
    317100_10150815623455062_594680061_20389751_837563590_n.jpg
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    RW81233 wrote:
    It is kind of a stretch to think that him jumping on the 9ers automatically make them Super Bowl bound, but it was definitely a better situation. The 9ers had a pretty good run of luck last year (as well as being great on D), and Manning would have helped. However, anything can happen in a football season (injuries, missed FGs instead of made, a punt gets run back on you that you ran back the year before, etc.).

I dont think him and Harbough would have mixed well.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,748
    MayDay10 wrote:
    RW81233 wrote:

Yeah, thats what I was thinking. Harbaugh seems like a control freak and Manning has always had free rein to do whatever he wants on offense so those two definitely would have clashed.
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,885
    MayDay10 wrote:
    RW81233 wrote:

Yeah, thats what I was thinking. Harbaugh seems like a control freak and Manning has always had free rein to do whatever he wants on offense so those two definitely would have clashed.

I think Fox made it clear when he geared the offence to Tebow, he will do what it takes to win, including handing the reins to Manning to run it how he wants.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    plus Harbaugh would probably get jealous that Manning is 10x the QB he ever was.
  • Options
    Monster RainMonster Rain Posts: 1,415
    Now we wait and see if he can take a hit.

I love how the Broncos are reportedly protecting themselves in the contract if something happens to him.

Also, I talked to a guy who had a similar procedure done on his neck. He thought that Manning would never play again so it will be interesting to see how this plays out.

ESPN is reporting that he was given a physical the day he met with the Broncos and he passed it. He also passed physicals with the Titans and 49ers and his own doctor had given him the go-ahead to resume playing so I think the only issue now is how quickly he gets his arm strength back to 100% (or close enough to it).
  • Options
    Monster RainMonster Rain Posts: 1,415
    I managed to miss the news that Flynn signed a 3-year deal with the Seahawks. If Miami can't get a deal done with Smith I have a feeling they'll wind up overpaying for Tebow.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    I managed to miss the news that Flynn signed a 3-year deal with the Seahawks. If Miami can't get a deal done with Smith I have a feeling they'll wind up overpaying for Tebow.
    I think Curtis Painter is still on the market ...
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957
    davidtrios wrote:

peyton-manning-broncos-qb.jpg

I think I'm gonna be sick. :sick:
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,326

tebow would come via a trade.

or did you mean they'd give up too much for him?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,735
    Let's all take a moment to laugh at this guy:

1587-17sncz4mcr271vq.jpg
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    davidtrios wrote:
    weird

peyton-manning-broncos-qb.jpg

5 yrs, 96mil

:o
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    He should switch numbers or retire.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    JK_Livin wrote:

#15?
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    DewieCox wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:

#15?

Too soon. :lol:
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    DewieCox wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:

#15?

Peyton could pay him for it :mrgreen:

Never too soon!
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,517
    I'm tired of football talk. It's March, for chrissakes :x
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,326
    imalive wrote:

it's the nfl dude. there is no offseason...

draft's only 5 weeks away :thumbup:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    imalive wrote:

:yawn:
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    imalive wrote:

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :clap::clap::clap: :thumbup:
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    alex smith is still a niner
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,748
    imalive wrote:

The NFL is king. I'm even excited for schedule release day....time to start planning our annual Bears trip. Looking like Nashville this year.
  • Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Ah crap....my man DeMeco Ryans just got traded to the #@!*ing Eagles. :evil:
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    norm wrote:
    alex smith is still a niner

Thank god