A GAME OF THRONES - Discussion Thread

Comments

• rriversrrivers Posts: 3,686
    merkinball wrote:
    rrivers wrote:
    Still working through the third book. I seem to have hit a wall with it.

That happened for me getting through the middle. Then you hit a point where it kicks into high gear and you can't put it down.

And it's not even that I am bored with the story, I think I just might need a break from Westeros. I just finished "Clash" in a month and with the TV show, it's just a lot of time in that world. My plan was to plow through the 3rd and 4th book in time for the 5th but I think I might take a break after Swords.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,225
    2 weeks till dance with dragons!
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    Fans awaiting the 5th book beware it has shippped by the German Amazon. Many folks got their books today two weeks early.

what this means is people are going to be jerks and start posting spoilers all over the internet so be careful where you read!

And if you find a pdf file of it floating around....... pm me! :D :? :oops:
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    ONE WEEK!!!!
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    deep breath

my brother in law's wife's brother :? :? :? has just got a job as prop maker for the second season :D

Very cool! That would be such a sweet job because of the unique props that are made for this series. Next season has some great location that I can't wait to see in HD!!
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    deep breath

my brother in law's wife's brother :? :? :? has just got a job as prop maker for the second season :D

Thats awesome. I just fnished the first book. Taking a little break and will start book 2 next month.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,129
    i bought the first book yesterday. 832 pages for $5.75....i think that is enough to keep me busy for the next 2 years or so :lol:
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,995
    I'm halfway thru book two and loving it although - good lord there are 2,000 characters.
  • LizardjamLizardjam Posts: 1,121
    Next week, book 5!!
    bugs in the way...I feel about you

"New music, new friends. Pearl Jam."

I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks. - Stone

"This record is us speaking out in class." -EV on PJ
  • merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    I'm 1/2 way through book 4. My wife is 1/2 way through book 1. Absolutely impossible to have a discussion with her about it.
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
    merkinball wrote:
    I'm 1/2 way through book 4. My wife is 1/2 way through book 1. Absolutely impossible to have a discussion with her about it.

:lol::lol::lol:
    PJ:
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

• FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,905
    deep breath

Very cool 8-):D Colour me a little bit jealous :ugeek:
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • EZ1221CEZ1221C Posts: 2,645
    I just finished book one and episode one of the series. Good lord the ending of the book was good. I can't wait to watch the rest of the series
    PLAY THE SOUTH
    Confirmation of the comic-con panel. Have a feeling this is going to be a tough one to get into.

http://www.comic-con.org/cci/cci11_prog_thu.php

3:00-4:00 Game of Thrones Panel and Q&A session— Based on the bestselling fantasy book series A Song of Ice and Fire by George R. R. Martin, HBO's Game of Thrones concluded its 10-episode debut season on June 19. The series, executive produced and written by David Benioff and D.B. Weiss, follows kings and queens, knights and renegades, liars and noblemen as they vie for power in a land where summers span decades and winters can last a lifetime. Some of the cast featured in the first season and appearing on this panel are (in alphabetical order) Emilia Clarke as Daenerys Targaryen, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau as Ser Jaime Lannister, Peter Dinklage as Tyrion Lannister, Kit Harington as Jon Snow, and Jason Momoa as Khal Drogo. Moderated by George R. R. Martin, who also serves as a co-executive producer and writer on the series. Ballroom 20
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

I won't be able to go but if anyone finds it on you tube afterwards, link please!!

I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks. - Stone

merkinball wrote:
    Confirmation of the comic-con panel. Have a feeling this is going to be a tough one to get into.

http://www.comic-con.org/cci/cci11_prog_thu.php

3:00-4:00 Game of Thrones Panel and Q&A session— Based on the bestselling fantasy book series A Song of Ice and Fire by George R. R. Martin, HBO's Game of Thrones concluded its 10-episode debut season on June 19. The series, executive produced and written by David Benioff and D.B. Weiss, follows kings and queens, knights and renegades, liars and noblemen as they vie for power in a land where summers span decades and winters can last a lifetime. Some of the cast featured in the first season and appearing on this panel are (in alphabetical order) Emilia Clarke as Daenerys Targaryen, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau as Ser Jaime Lannister, Peter Dinklage as Tyrion Lannister, Kit Harington as Jon Snow, and Jason Momoa as Khal Drogo. Moderated by George R. R. Martin, who also serves as a co-executive producer and writer on the series. Ballroom 20
    Usually they won't let you start "lining up" to get in at conventions until an hour before, but um about 1.5-2 hours before i'd kind of start hanging around the line up area.
    I'd LOVE to be at that.
    None of them wil be at Dragon Con which i'll go to this year :(
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    Looks like they have cast Brienne for Season 2
    Gwendoline Chrstie
    Picture+80.png
    She is tall enough so that is good. A little prettier then i pictured her to be but no complaints

Also the rumor is Gemma Whelan is cast as Asha but her name is changed to Yara (the website winter is coming assumes this is to avoid confusion with Osha)

http://www.comedycaster.com/wp-content/ ... 00x500.jpg
    (could not embed picture because pixels were too high sorry)
    Again not quite my picture of Asha, but i'll wait till i see her on screen to judge. She looks too sweet. Asha is a bad asss :D
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    intodeep wrote:
    Gwendoline Chrstie
    Picture+80.png
    She is tall enough so that is good. A little prettier then i pictured her to be but no complaints

Also the rumor is Gemma Whelan is cast as Asha but her name is changed to Yara (the website winter is coming assumes this is to avoid confusion with Osha)

Again not quite my picture of Asha, but i'll wait till i see her on screen to judge. She looks too sweet. Asha is a bad asss :D

Yeah, I always pictured her as a the manly woman from a league of their own.
    PJ:

jervin007 wrote:
    [

Yeah, I always pictured her as a the manly woman from a league of their own.

I pictured her sort of a not as pretty hilary swank, lean and masculine.

TOMORROW! BIATCHES TOMORROW! :D
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    intodeep wrote:

I can't wait!!!

intodeep wrote:
    Gwendoline Chrstie
    Picture+80.png

Okay, so I'm reading as fast as I can (halfway thru book three) and I love Brienne so much. G. Martin writes such great kickass women.
    I like Brienne a good bit too.

I think people get down on her because in book four they feel her story does not advance much (i know you are not that but that is not a spoiler), but when have you ever known GRRM to write something that does not have a purpose.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • rriversrrivers Posts: 3,686
    intodeep wrote:

I think people get down on her because in book four they feel her story does not advance much (i know you are not that but that is not a spoiler), but when have you ever known GRRM to write something that does not have a purpose.

I guess Brienne makes it out of book three alive.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
    rrivers wrote:
    intodeep wrote:

I guess Brienne makes it out of book three alive.

Maybe. Or maybe that's why her story doesn't advance much :)

Also, I occasionally pick up the trade paperbacks for the House of Mystery comic. There's a pirate character in it named Ann Preston who I always picture Asha as. Unfortunately, there isn't many pictures of her out on the internet. I could only find 2. One that looks nothing like the comic, and then the following image. Maybe you could consider it Asha in her cups, as they say.

431168-Ann_super.JPG

The new book came today. I really want to read it. Or read the end of it. But I'm still on book three. Shit.
  • FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,905
    intodeep wrote:

:shock: FINALLY!!!!!! Heading to the bookstore very early to get my copy :mrgreen:
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
    Mine came in the mail yesterday, but they left it at my leasing office which closes at 6pm. I get home run over there and they are walking out the door. I ask if i can get my package tehy say they are already locked up and the secruity system is on.....

so i have to wait until today. to get it.
    Oh well can't wait to start reading
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    http://www.towerofthehand.com/books/105 ... scuss.html

for those reading the new book Tower of the Hand has a great chapter by chapeter discussion. You can talk about each chapter wtih other fans who have read it and it should be spoiler free for future chapters.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22