Options

A GAME OF THRONES - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Options
    I think A Clash of Kings is the series highlight but A Feast for Crows was quite dissapointing. I hope A Dance with Dragons pulls it back. The problem with Crows is that all the best storylines and characters were missing (like Tyrion)

Wasnt Arya in that one? She's my favorite character. I remember liking AFFC, the way it ends with Jaimie and Cersei! I really need to get ADWD though.
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I think A Clash of Kings is the series highlight but A Feast for Crows was quite dissapointing. I hope A Dance with Dragons pulls it back. The problem with Crows is that all the best storylines and characters were missing (like Tyrion)

Wasnt Arya in that one? She's my favorite character. I remember liking AFFC, the way it ends with Jaimie and Cersei! I really need to get ADWD though.
    She is actually in both. More in Feast. She only has a couple of chapters in Dance.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,648
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    shep wrote:

Finished boardwalk empire the weekend, and polished off a guniess book I've had on my night stand forever (quick read - half the book was guniess history, the other half recipes... gotta try a few down the road)...

Anyway A Storm of Swords was started last night... I'm only 70 pages in and I was contemplating calling in sick to work today... :oops: .... such a geek.... :ugeek:

:lol: I definitely did call in sick one day while I was reading that book. Hold on to your seat, because your life is about to change!

We'll see... haven't managed to skip work yet... but I think all plans for the weekend are being put on hold so that I can lie on the couch or sit on the porch with a cup of coffee and this book...

damn if only 13 hours of my waking time wasn't consumed by work, gym and food.... :lol:
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003Y5HWMW/ref=oh_o00_s00_i00_details

If you were thinking about getting the first season on dvd/blu ray amazon has a great deal

$35 for Blu Ray
    30 for DVD
    Probaly not going to be cheaper than that for a long time.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257
    intodeep wrote:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003Y5HWMW/ref=oh_o00_s00_i00_details

If you were thinking about getting the first season on dvd/blu ray amazon has a great deal

$35 for Blu Ray
    30 for DVD
    Probaly not going to be cheaper than that for a long time.

Damn!! That's a sweet deal!
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    ARGH!!! So - Wrestlemania is on April 1st....and unfortunately my hubby's got a hard-on to watch it. There is a major war going on for TV control in my house right now. Game of Thrones vs. Wrestlemania....how is this my life?!!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    ARGH!!! So - Wrestlemania is on April 1st....and unfortunately my hubby's got a hard-on to watch it. There is a major war going on for TV control in my house right now. Game of Thrones vs. Wrestlemania....how is this my life?!!
    That's INSANE!
    First of all...are married to an 8 year old? :lol:
    Secondly...people still watch professional wrestling? :shock:
    :lol:

Wow!
  • Options
    Mamasan23 wrote:

Have you not learned anything from Cersei? Get your way with sex, and if that doesnt work....Does he like to go hunting?
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:
    That's INSANE!

Wow!

:lol: He's a 12 year old trapped in a 34 year old body I tell you. Even his dad gives him shit for it...sometimes I think he watches it just to go against the grain...totally annoying!
    Have you not learned anything from Cersei? Get your way with sex, and if that doesnt work....Does he like to go hunting?

:lol::lol: Cersei is an evil bitch, but damn she knows how to get what she wants!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    One. More. Month.
  • Options
    PearlJamaholicPearlJamaholic Posts: 2,014
    I was suppose to get ADWD in the mail today, but checking the tracking info it hasnt moved for 3 days now.....
  • Options
    I was suppose to get ADWD in the mail today, but checking the tracking info it hasnt moved for 3 days now.....

Oh no, I hate that!! Hope you get it soon!

You know, I'm currently about 200 pages into A Feast for Crows...so many people say how much they don't like that book. I gotta be honest, I've loved it so far. Actually kind of a nice break getting into what's going on in Dorne and seeing some new characters. I've been dying to know what the frak happened to Theon too...I'm really enjoying it!
  • Options
    runchaserrunchaser Posts: 112
    Dvd is in the post so i'll finally get to see the show :D
  • Options
    LizardjamLizardjam Posts: 1,121
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    mca47 wrote:
    That's INSANE!

Wow!

:lol: He's a 12 year old trapped in a 34 year old body I tell you. Even his dad gives him shit for it...sometimes I think he watches it just to go against the grain...totally annoying!

:lol::lol: Cersei is an evil bitch, but damn she knows how to get what she wants!

You don't have a dvr??? There is no question in my house what we'll be watching when GoT is on but, if there were it'd definitely be DVRd. In fact, it'll be DVR'd either way....so watch it right after, no?
    bugs in the way...I feel about you

"New music, new friends. Pearl Jam."

I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks. - Stone

"This record is us speaking out in class." -EV on PJ
  • Options
    Gonna start ADWD right after I eat lunch!!! I have not been this excited to read a book since I picked up a copy of 22 stories by Salinger off ebay a few years ago.
  • Options
    I live in northern Ireland where a lot of thrones is filmed and was lucky enough to be an extra in season 2! Amazing experience- the set was breathtaking! Still can't believe I was in winterfell!! Spot the pearl jam fan in season 2 episode 6!!!
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,648
    Lizardjam wrote:

You don't have a dvr??? There is no question in my house what we'll be watching when GoT is on but, if there were it'd definitely be DVRd. In fact, it'll be DVR'd either way....so watch it right after, no?

Screw the DVR... that would involve actually paying for HBO... Not gonna happen! Torrenting is the way to go!

300 pages into A Storm of Swords... great so far... My weekend is going to consist of nothing but this book and Radiohead on Saturday night... pumped... so much better than the last 5 weekends of my life I've spent searching for a new entertainment center for the house... :lol:

Edit:

P.S. for anyone with AT&T right now they are having a promotion for 3 months of free HBO... I will be signing up for it on March 20th ;)
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    Lizardjam wrote:

Nope, already spend enough on our damn satellite and NFL ticket, so DVR is out :( No worries though, I'm sure I can watch it at a friend's house!
  • Options
    shep wrote:
    Lizardjam wrote:

Screw the DVR... that would involve actually paying for HBO... Not gonna happen! Torrenting is the way to go!

300 pages into A Storm of Swords... great so far... My weekend is going to consist of nothing but this book and Radiohead on Saturday night... pumped... so much better than the last 5 weekends of my life I've spent searching for a new entertainment center for the house... :lol:

Edit:

P.S. for anyone with AT&T right now they are having a promotion for 3 months of free HBO... I will be signing up for it on March 20th ;)

Thank you for that update on ATT. That is exactly how we saw GoT last time. Free HBO for three months! YAY ATT! I'm going to put it on my calendar to get it right now!

I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks. - Stone

• Options
    EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,996
    I live in northern Ireland where a lot of thrones is filmed and was lucky enough to be an extra in season 2! Amazing experience- the set was breathtaking! Still can't believe I was in winterfell!! Spot the pearl jam fan in season 2 episode 6!!!

So cool - let us know where you are. Too bad they wouldn't let you wear a PJ shirt.
  • Options
    Lizardjam wrote:
    shep wrote:

Edit:

Thank you for that update on ATT. That is exactly how we saw GoT last time. Free HBO for three months! YAY ATT! I'm going to put it on my calendar to get it right now!

Just for anyone that is going to also do this, i looked it up and the offer ends 7\14\12 so you can do it right before the series starts and probably see the whole thing for free!

• Options
    That is awesome.
    Winterfell Season 2 half way through...... hmmm i hope nothing bad happens to you. I seem to remember some shit going down aroudn that time
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    That is friggen sweet!!! :)
  • Options
    Well there is a lot of badness going down but I'm one of the instigators! Hahaha "silence little lord!" and also I wore a pj shirt underneath my costume which was ruined when my make-up ran in the rain!!!
  • Options
    rriversrrivers Posts: 3,688
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    shep wrote:
    Damn you people!

I just finished A Clash of Kings last night.... And I decided I'm going to finish watching season 2 of Boardwalk Empire and re-watch season 1 of Game of Thrones before I start A Storm of Swords...

I'm going to need to take a week of sick leave to catch up... damn it!

You might want to start Storm of Swords STAT. Best book I've ever read!!!

Yeah it is definitely one of the best books I've read. My wife just finished it and said the same.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Options

that is so cool!
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884
    http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/03/03/game-of-thrones-seven-devils/

Latest Trailer- battle of Blackwater scenes? Nice.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,996
    I am always the last person to see anything so if this has been posted, sorry. It's hilarious.

http://vimeo.com/37944553
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    i am totally regretting reading these books ... :evil:

i mean ... when the cuss is the next book gonna be out? ... 2015? ... last book - assuming the 7th is the last (which i am guessing it won't)? ... frig ... almost finished ADWD and I know i'm gonna be pissed waiting for the next installment ... :lol:
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:
    i am totally regretting reading these books ... :evil:

i mean ... when the cuss is the next book gonna be out? ... 2015? ... last book - assuming the 7th is the last (which i am guessing it won't)? ... frig ... almost finished ADWD and I know i'm gonna be pissed waiting for the next installment ... :lol:
    Love the new simpson opener on youtube with the game of thrones theme

Yeah waiting sucks :(
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22