Options

A GAME OF THRONES - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884
    I'll just take it as a good sign that he has started writing it already.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    YardenYarden Posts: 820
    I really miss this show.. at least The Walking Dead is back..
  • Options
    uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    Only a couple more months. Hang in there!
  • Options
    Amazon have the paperback edition of A Dance with Dragons listed for 15th March release. It means I can finally get round to reading it.

The DVD of Game of Thrones is released 5th March in the UK. I still haven't seen the show so I think i'll buy the series when it comes out.
  • Options

Couple more weeks- April 1st season 2 starts
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,648
    Amazon have the paperback edition of A Dance with Dragons listed for 15th March release. It means I can finally get round to reading it.

The DVD of Game of Thrones is released 5th March in the UK. I still haven't seen the show so I think i'll buy the series when it comes out.

Damn you people!

I just finished A Clash of Kings last night.... And I decided I'm going to finish watching season 2 of Boardwalk Empire and re-watch season 1 of Game of Thrones before I start A Storm of Swords...

I'm going to need to take a week of sick leave to catch up... damn it!
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    shep wrote:
    Damn you people!

I just finished A Clash of Kings last night.... And I decided I'm going to finish watching season 2 of Boardwalk Empire and re-watch season 1 of Game of Thrones before I start A Storm of Swords...

You might want to start Storm of Swords STAT. Best book I've ever read!!!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    shep wrote:
    Damn you people!

That's not the advice I need right now! :x
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    YardenYarden Posts: 820

thanks. I need a support group or something.. ;)
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    http://ewinsidetv.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/tease-art.jpg

the image was too big to post here but i love the "war is coming" for this season
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    shep wrote:
    Damn you people!

Yeah Storm of Swords is a game changer. Easily my fav in the series.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    intodeep wrote:
    http://ewinsidetv.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/tease-art.jpg

the image was too big to post here but i love the "war is coming" for this season

I SERIOUSLY CANNOT WAIT ANY LONGER!!!

I'm having major Jon Snow withdrawals!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
  • Options
    I'm ready for Tyrion to start running shit in kings landing. I'm ready for Jon to go our north of the wall. I'm ready for Arya's travels, I'm ready for Stannis to come claim what's his.

I'm ready for Shadow Babies and for my boy Davos to make his first appearance.

Oh and i'm ready for soem Ygritte who we all know is touched by fire ;)

Winter Is Coming, War is Coming, but neither soon enough :(

EDIT- I almost forgot i can't wait for some Hotpie and Podrick Payne!
    EDIT AGAIN- Oh I almost forgot we get to meat Asha this season too :) but i think the show is calling her yaris whatever she is bad ass and i'm excited.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    I am very curious to see what happens with the wolves in this season. if they will play more of a role as they did in the books.

I am curious to see Daenerys cross the desert. The Halfhand. Jaqen H'ghar. Bran. The Mountain. Going to be awesome.
  • Options
    Oh yes Halfhand!
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    :clap:

I'm excited about all of these things as well! And Brienne and Jamie...so much goodness!

You know nothing, Jon Snow.

Lucky beast!
  • Options
    yea brienne and jamie should be good stuff.
    I forgot how awesome clash of kings was now that i'm thinking about all the stuff that happens. I have no clue how they can fit it all in only 10 episodes
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    Anyone reading the comics?
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    War is Coming!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    i am not. Are you enjoying them.

do they add anything new/differnet that the book doesn't?
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    i have started reading these books ... have been avoiding this thread and will continue to do so until i'm caught up ... 1/5 of the way through book 4 now ...

i just want to say that ... these books make me feel dirty sometimes ... :lol:
  • Options
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    shep wrote:
    Damn you people!

Finished boardwalk empire the weekend, and polished off a guniess book I've had on my night stand forever (quick read - half the book was guniess history, the other half recipes... gotta try a few down the road)...

Anyway A Storm of Swords was started last night... I'm only 70 pages in and I was contemplating calling in sick to work today... :oops: .... such a geek.... :ugeek:
  • Options
    shep wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    shep wrote:
    Damn you people!

Finished boardwalk empire the weekend, and polished off a guniess book I've had on my night stand forever (quick read - half the book was guniess history, the other half recipes... gotta try a few down the road)...

Anyway A Storm of Swords was started last night... I'm only 70 pages in and I was contemplating calling in sick to work today... :oops: .... such a geek.... :ugeek:

SOS is probably my favorite so far of the series. Things get crazy in this book.
  • Options
    shep wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    shep wrote:
    Damn you people!

:D that is awesome
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    intodeep wrote:
    i am not. Are you enjoying them.

do they add anything new/differnet that the book doesn't?

I like them, it seems to be a abridged version. I havent watch the show so I dont know how much they cut out from the books either. But the comics are good for what they are. The art isn't your normal fantasy look either but it does have the normal look and feel of Dynamite comics, so if you know their style.
  • Options
    shep wrote:

:lol: I definitely did call in sick one day while I was reading that book. Hold on to your seat, because your life is about to change!
  • Options
    I think A Clash of Kings is the series highlight but A Feast for Crows was quite dissapointing. I hope A Dance with Dragons pulls it back. The problem with Crows is that all the best storylines and characters were missing (like Tyrion)
  • Options
    I think A Clash of Kings is the series highlight but A Feast for Crows was quite dissapointing. I hope A Dance with Dragons pulls it back. The problem with Crows is that all the best storylines and characters were missing (like Tyrion)

Dragons brings the people that were missing in Feast and tells what happens with them and kind of ties both books together towards the end. Apparently Martin thought it would not work with all the characters and story lines over one book as it was too big. So he split them up.