The Golf Thread

Comments

• FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    norm wrote:
    norm wrote:
    stuart appleby was tweeting pics from his practice today...man i wish i could be there :(

https://twitter.com/#!/StuartAppleby
    This one's my favorite norm. http://yfrog.com/h4xi7gj
    I just LOVE stuff like this. Imagine just flipping through one of these from a tour player? They all probably have one of these for each and every course they play.

oh yeah they do...but even then, the caddies go out and look at each hole anyway...back in 09 on sunday, i was walking by the 14th green and Fanny Sunesson was walking the course and making notes for henrik stensen...a caddies job is never done :)
    I would give anything to caddy for those guys. I have 7 years caddying experience and I'm a great motivator for whoever I caddy for.

Wait, you were at Augusta in 09 norm? I've only been at Augusta in my dreams.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    Wait, you were at Augusta in 09 norm? I've only been at Augusta in my dreams.

i was...my brother and i...the greatest 4 days ever...it was a dream come true...i hope you get there one day
    That's so cool. I hope I get there one day. I could die a happy man after walking the grounds of that place.

#13 Azelea - That's my shit right there

Ever read the book "The Making of The Masters"? Read it a few years back. It's basically the untold story of the history of Augusta.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    you mention 13, when phil hit that second shot from the tress last year, i remember standing there and how hella far and difficult that shot is :shock:

i haven't read it but i think i will :)
  • Super VedderSuper Vedder Posts: 1,531
    Im just playing Tiger Woods now and on TPC San Antonio, is this a real course? On hole 16 there is a bunker right in the middle of the green, WTF??????? Never seen that before anywhere
    Black, the greatest without a doubt........
    Im just playing Tiger Woods now and on TPC San Antonio, is this a real course? On hole 16 there is a bunker right in the middle of the green, WTF??????? Never seen that before anywhere

the 6th at riviera

riviera6-731081.jpg
    norm wrote:

the 6th at riviera

riviera6-731081.jpg

lol......wow, as if its not hard enough to hit that green anyway???? a sadists dream design i reckon!
    norm wrote:

the 6th at riviera

riviera6-731081.jpg

lol......wow, as if its not hard enough to hit that green anyway???? a sadists dream design i reckon!

yeah especially if you land to the right of the pin like in that pic...i think it took me 3 putts just to get to the hole...and amateurs are allowed to chip on the green but i was too afraid to try :lol:
    norm wrote:

yeah especially if you land to the right of the pin like in that pic...i think it took me 3 putts just to get to the hole...and amateurs are allowed to chip on the green but i was too afraid to try :lol:[/quote]

i think if i was to chip on the green there would be a second bunker for the next group up to contend with!
    I wanna sleep in that little bunker. Just bring my sleeping bag, a few beers and the MSG2 boot.
  • Bronx BombersBronx Bombers Posts: 2,208
    Anyone doing a little gambling on the masters, heres who I took

Dustin Johnson was 25-1 when I placed the bet now going off 20-1
    Hunter Mahan 25-1
    YE Yang 80-1

I'd pass on # 1, 3 masters appearances 3 missed cuts
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,438
    Anyone doing a little gambling on the masters, heres who I took

Dustin Johnson was 25-1 when I placed the bet now going off 20-1
    Hunter Mahan 25-1
    YE Yang 80-1

I'd pass on # 1, 3 masters appearances 3 missed cuts

I'm taking Phil for the Masters, he is hot right now and loves the Masters I think more than Tiger.
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    Tomorrow at 6 (3PM for you norm) on ESPN they're reliving Jack at the '86 Masters. It's been 25 years since the Golden Bear captured his 6th and final jacket. Set those DVRs!
    thanks ff i'll set the tivo tonight...that's what got me hooked on the masters

ian poulter doesn't have a lot of confidence in tiger

"I don't think he'll finish in the top 5," Poulter said, citing Woods' play at the World Golf Championships at Doral four weeks ago.

"The shots he was hitting at Doral, they were very inconsistent," Poulter said. "You can't afford to hit shots like that on this golf course and get away with it. I don't think you want to rely on your short game that much around this place."

http://sports.yahoo.com/golf/blog/devil ... golf-wp477

of course, this is the type of comment that would really piss tiger off and could propel him to win :lol:
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832
    Tomorrow at 6 (3PM for you norm) on ESPN they're reliving Jack at the '86 Masters. It's been 25 years since the Golden Bear captured his 6th and final jacket. Set those DVRs!

Greatest Masters ever! 30 on the back nine. Unreal.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Can't believe I haven't chimed in yet. Going to be a great fucking week.

Heads up guys, for the first time in 47 years tickets for next years masters will be available. Sign up for the lottery at the masters website.
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Heads up guys, for the first time in 47 years tickets for next years masters will be available. Sign up for the lottery at the masters website.

Thanks for the heads up.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    No problem, I am sure the chances are about the same as the mega millions but worth a shot
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    headed to Myrtle Beach tomorrow for 3 days(36 holes a day!)
    conman wrote:
    headed to Myrtle Beach tomorrow for 3 days(36 holes a day!)
    So jealous. Hope you have a blast. May all your drives be long and straight kid!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gh1ZVLuZdvE
    The greatest shot of his life. Must be.
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Watched that '86 replay the other day. Forgot how Kite and Norman had 10-15 footers to send it to a playoff.
    #FHP
    Horos wrote:
    Watched that '86 replay the other day. Forgot how Kite and Norman had 10-15 footers to send it to a playoff.
    One guy who knew how to win beat two guys who knew how to lose.

http://sports.espn.go.com/golf/masters11/columns/story?columnist=sobel_jason&id=6263652
    Sobel says Casey's the guy. Not Phil. Not Lee.

And I guess we can scratch off #6 on this list (Mr. Luke Donald) since he won the par-3 contest today.
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    norm wrote:

"I don't think he'll finish in the top 5," Poulter said, citing Woods' play at the World Golf Championships at Doral four weeks ago.

"The shots he was hitting at Doral, they were very inconsistent," Poulter said. "You can't afford to hit shots like that on this golf course and get away with it. I don't think you want to rely on your short game that much around this place."

of course, this is the type of comment that would really piss tiger off and could propel him to win :lol:
    i wish someone would punch out that uk trash
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,438
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Thx for the info, I'll be signing up today :D
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • jmurrayjmurray Stratham, NH Posts: 3,538
    A few courses open here, not sure what kind of shape they're in but going to try and play today!
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    metsfan wrote:
    norm wrote:

i wish someone would punch out that uk trash
    This UK trash says I wouldn't put a penny on Woods, it won't happen. You heard it here first. :lol:

This guy has a better chance.

mickelson.jpg