Options

The Golf Thread

Comments

• Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    the US open pool stuff has arrived ... pm me with your email and i'll kick it to ya ... if you are in the US ... you can pay the dude by paypal ... he had 364 entries in his masters pool ... he takes a portion of the money raised and donates it to a charity ... it'll all be in the email ... entry fee is $30 cdn or if you are in the US $32 to cover the processing fee ...
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    http://www.golf.com/golf/generic/0,3131 ... 65,00.html

my 4-some is bill murray, bill clinton, lee trevino and charles barkley :lol:
  • Options
    FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    Will Ferrell, Billy Payne, Jimmy Kimmel and The Donald.

How does Larry David not make this contest? He'd be a riot to play 18 with.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 14,002
    Sandler, Obama, Lefty, Romo
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    http://twitpic.com/5bkzkb

as the kids would say, "it's on like donkey kong"

welcome to congressional!
  • Options
    Is this Phil's year? 5 second-place finishes in the open. Amazing looking back at places like Shinnecock and Winged Foot for Phil heartbreak. Let's go Lephty!
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Options
    norm wrote:
    http://www.golf.com/golf/generic/0,31317,2074965,00.html

ahem

jessica alba, lindsey vonn, ivanka trump and natalie gulbis ...

i can imagine our discussion on russian literature ... :lol:
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:
    norm wrote:

ahem

:lol: i'm sure it would be a lively conversation :P

and i don't even really like clinton but i figured it would be fun to watch him hit on the beer cart girls :lol:
  • Options
    Is this Phil's year? 5 second-place finishes in the open. Amazing looking back at places like Shinnecock and Winged Foot for Phil heartbreak. Let's go Lephty!

yeah i'm down with phil this year...i hope he doesn't put too much pressure on himself though
  • Options
    norm wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:
    norm wrote:

ahem

:lol: i'm sure it would be a lively conversation :P

and i don't even really like clinton but i figured it would be fun to watch him hit on the beer cart girls :lol:

in retrospect ... i made a mistake by putting gulbis in there ... i'd want to be the best golfer in the group ... haha ... so she's out ... tagging in halle berry ... :lol:
  • Options
    Bronx BombersBronx Bombers Posts: 2,208

Speaking of Shinnecock the USGA just awarded them the 2018 US Open. It looks like Bethpage has fallen out of the rotation which is a very disappointing but expected move by Mike Davis and the USGA. As in the case with pretty much every Tour event it looks like the Open will only be played at private clubs & high end resorts for the foreseeable future.

2012 Olympic Club
    2013 Merion
    2014 Pinehurst
    2015 Chambers Bay
    2016 Oakmont
    2017 Erin Hills
    2018 Shinnecock
    2019 Pebble
  • Options
    markin ballmarkin ball Posts: 1,069

Speaking of Shinnecock the USGA just awarded them the 2018 US Open. It looks like Bethpage has fallen out of the rotation which is a very disappointing but expected move by Mike Davis and the USGA. As in the case with pretty much every Tour event it looks like the Open will only be played at private clubs & high end resorts for the foreseeable future.

2012 Olympic Club
    2013 Merion
    2014 Pinehurst
    2015 Chambers Bay
    2016 Oakmont
    2017 Erin Hills
    2018 Shinnecock
    2019 Pebble

Chambers Bay is pretty darn public. But I get your point.
    "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ."

"With our thoughts we make the world"
  • Options
    markin ballmarkin ball Posts: 1,069
    norm wrote:
    http://twitpic.com/5bkzkb

as the kids would say, "it's on like donkey kong"

welcome to congressional!

It's downhill a bit though, isn't it? Those guys will be hitting 6 and 7 irons in there.
    "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ."

"With our thoughts we make the world"
  • Options
    Top 3 in the world rankings didn't fare to well today Donald & Kaymer 74 and Westwood came in with a 75. The euros didnt take advantage of the morning conditions and have some work to do if they wanna play this weekend.
  • Options
    norm wrote:

yeah i'm down with phil this year...i hope he doesn't put too much pressure on himself though

well it looks like he has...into the water on his first shot and spraying it all over the course
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,495
    too early to tell
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,847
    What a round by Rory. This is where the Masters demons come itching on your neck, lets see if he can hold them off.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    eddiec wrote:
    What a round by Rory. This is where the Masters demons come itching on your neck, lets see if he can hold them off.

Tin Cup is on the course.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Nice to see Zach Johnson make a charge early today
  • Options
    Not a fan at all but Rory looks like the 2000 version of Tiger at the open right now 10 under 7 shots ahead.
  • Options
    Not a fan at all but Rory looks like the 2000 version of Tiger at the open right now 10 under 7 shots ahead.

kid can play ... i hope he wins ...
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,653
    This is unreal. Could you imagine if he made that eagle? He's good.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
  • Options
    The 81 wrote:

I hear you. This is impressive though. He has a good shot at birdie here too.
  • Options
  • Options
    Welp, not going to end at 13.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

why the double? i'm not in front of a tv
  • Options
    norm wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

why the double? i'm not in front of a tv

Hit into the water on his second shot and couldn't get up and down for bogey.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Hit into the water .

you lay up and you win the championship
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,448
    Very impressive ends day at minus 11 can he keep this up or will the pressure get to him :?:
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....