Options

The Golf Thread

Comments

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,601
    This is painful
  • Options
    No matter the outcome today, I am finally confident to say that we have not seen the last of Tiger.
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    the bogey at 12 and the miss at 15 will be tigers undoing if he loses

needed that birdie at 16
  • Options
    norm wrote:
    the bogey at 12 and the miss at 15 will be tigers undoing if he loses

needed that birdie at 16

Yeah, that would have been big. He needs to get in the clubhouse at -11 to have a chance.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,279
    never a doubt tiger would come back strong eventually. win or lose, dude's back to his old self...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    never a doubt tiger would come back strong eventually. win or lose, dude's back to his old self...

We will definitely be seeing him with tournaments again, especially as he gets more comfortable with his new swing.
  • Options
    Gotta feel for Rory, this is brutal.
  • Options
    oh now i feel bad for rory...that was a nightmare 12
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    He's a regular tin cup.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    norm wrote:

Now that drive....
  • Options
    5 in a row jeff?? :shock: :shock:
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    norm wrote:

Now that drive....

this might be worse than norman in 96
  • Options
    norm wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    norm wrote:

Now that drive....

I think so. This is hard to watch.
  • Options
    What wins it? -12? or is there a playoff at -11? Would imagine at least couple of these guys will get to -11.

Edit: Scott is already there, Van Pelt is about to be at -10.
  • Options
    i haven't seen this many leaders or guys this close to the lead ever...amazing
  • Options
    norm wrote:
    i haven't seen this many leaders or guys this close to the lead ever...amazing

No doubt, this has been a fun afternoon.
  • Options
    Solid round from Tiger, starting the day 7 off the lead to being the clubhouse leader is a good day. Don't think it's going to be his day but it was a lot of fun to watch him and like I said earlier, we will be seeing him win tournaments again.
  • Options
    yeah i don't 10 will win it...but you never know...
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Amazing interview by woods
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    Amazing interview by woods

Horrible questions. Tiger is one of those athletes that is only going to answer exactly what you ask, so you better ask better questions.
  • Options
    Charl it is, good call Norm. Was pulling for one of the Aussies but oh well.
  • Options
    craziest masters i've seen...so many with a shot at the end with tiger being one of them...rory's collapse...guy with a fucked name winning...AWESOME!!!

i love masters sunday!!

:mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • Options
    HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Man that was a great finish. Was hoping for some kind of playoff just to keep it going.
    norm wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    norm wrote:

Now that drive....

Wasn't it '92? My kids birthdays are 4/10,12 and 14. Watched Norman lose it while one was being born, thought it was the 19 yo whos birthday was yesterday.
    #FHP
  • Options
    HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    So it was '96 and on my sons birthday. All these years I've been remembering it bassackward.
    #FHP
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    i still don't know how rory ended up by butler cabin ... ultimately, his undoing were those short par puts he missed on the front ...

not sure if tiger is back yet - augusta is a course that suits certain players ... that's why former winners/contenders tend to do well year in year out here ...
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:
    i still don't know how rory ended up by butler cabin ... ultimately, his undoing were those short par puts he missed on the front ...

i didn't know a ball could get over there :lol:
    polaris_x wrote:
    not sure if tiger is back yet - augusta is a course that suits certain players ... that's why former winners/contenders tend to do well year in year out here ...

but this could be a big confidence booster for him...i still think he should go back to his scottie cameron putter
  • Options
    norm wrote:
    but this could be a big confidence booster for him...i still think he should go back to his scottie cameron putter

it's always gonna be about driver for tiger ... if he can't keep it in play ... it'll be hard for him to compete with these young guys ... who are both long and accurate off the tee ...
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    That was one of the most exciting finishes. Gotta love Sunday at the masters.
  • Options
    just watched rory's post round interview on espn right after he came off the course ... kid's got class ... hope he wins a few ...
  • Options
    FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    That was so much fun yesterday. Sad to see Rory implode like that. Cheers to Charl. He earned it with birdies on the final four holes. Now on to Congressional in June for the US Open!
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925