NEW ALBUM ALL SONGS LISTED in GERMANY´s VISIONS MAGAZIN

Comments

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    Lets put this into perspective people..

If they released a new album that was 36 minutes long and it looked like this..

Brain of J
    Faithful
    Save You
    Comatose
    Go
    Last Exit
    In My Tree
    Do the Evolution
    Grievance
    Porch
    Oceans

11 songs, 36 minutes.. would it be so bad?

haha WORD. I'm sorry, but the whiners need to seriously shut the fuck up.
    +159648947845156456
    +99999999999999999999999999999999999999999,1
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    I'm really trying hard not to read into "The End" as the final song for PJ. If you look at it like a story told over 20 years starting with "Once" (upon a time) and traditionally closing with "The End" it makes sense. I'd like to think this is the the last song on their new album and leave it at that. It makes me sad to think if I was right. Say it ain't so guys. Jammers...tell me I'm wrong and I will be with you.
    +1,,,great idea...
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,355
    Agh, who gives a monkey's nutsack if the album is 36 minutes long. I don't believe the article to be true anyway because those song titles are from other bands.

R.E.M's Accelerate was their best album in years and that clocked in at under 40 minutes. Stop moaning.
    2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009: Manchester
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II
    and finnaly....WHAT? how can u messure songs and music by the time of a song or an album,,,?
    i feel so f****n lucky that im goona lishen new stuff begging from rotterdam and all 4 european tour so all u are act like childs,,wait my post after,,i sure u ill write all songs how many seconds are..for not have any time questions.. :lol::lol::lol:
  • skyvalleyskyvalley Posts: 184
    Berlin 95 with Neil Young, Berlin 1996, Berlin 2000, Berlin 2006, Munich 2007, Rotterdam 2009, Berlin 2009, Dublin 2010, Belfast 2010, Berlin 2010, Amsterdam 1 2012, Amsterdam 2 2012, Berlin 1 2012, Berlin 2 2012
  • Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,539
    Well, there we go... Black on white!
    I will swallow poison
  • satansbedsatansbed Posts: 2,138
    i dont know if the magazine is a 100% right, isnt "speed of sound" and "supersonic" the same thing?
  • SS170824SS170824 Posts: 40
    i can think of many great albums that come in under 36 minutes... one of which is ITW. i don't care if it's short, just as long as it's sweet! :D:D:D
    No.. f that. I want a cd I can listen to... not a cd that is the length of an episode of Family Matters.

It's a rare condition, this day and age,
    to read any good news on the newspaper page.
    Love and tradition of the grand design,
    some people say it's even harder to find.

Well then there must be some magic clue inside these gentle walls
    Cause all I see is a tower of dreams
    real love burstin' out of every seam.

As days go by,
    we're gonna fill our house with happiness.
    The moon may cry,
    we're gonna smother the blues with tenderness.

When days go by,
    there's room for you,
    room for me,
    for gentle hearts an opportunity.

As days go by,
    it's the bigger love of the family.

I got it.

They should replace Backspacer and make a whole new album called "Remote Control" where they sing covers to television theme songs.

I mean who wouldn't want the band singing a kick ass cover to the theme of Laverne and Shirley?
  • Murderers.Murderers. Posts: 1,382
    Even with the pics, I'm not 100% confident this is true.
    What the fuck is this world?
  • fortyshadesfortyshades Posts: 1,834
    edited June 2009
    Wow... The album track list may have leaked and the whole album is already evaluated and judged. Real music critics around here...

Me for one, I am excited about these titles. They are not any worse than let say "Love Boat Captain", (yyikkkess) "Marker in the Sand", "Breakerfall" etc. One thing I learned over the years with Pearl Jam is that the context of the song is way more important than the title.

And as far album length's goes: I remember when RA came out everyone was excited about the length of the album. Still, in my opinion at least, it's not their best album. So therefore. length doesn't matter ;) (Girls agree?)

For the Germans among us: what does the article say, for I saw that there is also an interview in there.

Ps: one song that sounds like it would have come off Vitalogy???? (If I read it correctly.) Nice!
    Post edited by fortyshades on
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    VOLITION wrote:
    BC196886 wrote:
    I remember a while back someone posted on here saying they wanted Pearl Jam to do a punk album...maybe this will be the closest thing we'll get to that!

i've been saying this since Yeild. Fuck i hope this album rocks hard as fuck!

Funny, I've been wishing PJ would stop putting a bunch crappy generic punk filler on every album since Yield ;) Their best songs are classic rock, not punk.
    VOLITION wrote:
    BC196886 wrote:
    I remember a while back someone posted on here saying they wanted Pearl Jam to do a punk album...maybe this will be the closest thing we'll get to that!

i've been saying this since Yeild. Fuck i hope this album rocks hard as fuck!

Funny, I've been wishing PJ would stop putting a bunch crappy generic punk filler on every album since Yield ;) Their best songs are classic rock, not punk.

Just proving the point they can't please every fan...
    The Rock wrote:
    Agh, who gives a monkey's nutsack if the album is 36 minutes long. I don't believe the article to be true anyway because those song titles are from other bands.

R.E.M's Accelerate was their best album in years and that clocked in at under 40 minutes. Stop moaning.

Yes, but REM's album was a return to their strengths and the style that made them one of the best bands in the world. By all accounts I have seen, the new material is a further abandonment of all their strengths in order to pursue paths they've already taken that generally result in a lot of utterly forgettable songs.

No doubt. But are the rest of us supposed to resign or fake it or otherwise swallow our opinion just becos we don't like the new stuff as much?
    The Rock wrote:

Yes, but REM's album was a return to their strengths and the style that made them one of the best bands in the world. By all accounts I have seen, the new material is a further abandonment of all their strengths in order to pursue paths they've already taken that generally result in a lot of utterly forgettable songs.

By all you have seen? Have you heard the album? Heard anymore songs than the ones that have leaked? Or are you speculating? Seems like you build your opinion on premisses.
  • The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,355
    The Rock wrote:

And what exactly have we seen? We've heard Got Some on Conan, but apart from that all we've heard is a terribly recording of The Fixer and an average recording of a solo performance of a song called The End which could turn out to be a full band version so we have no idea of it's potential. Hell, even Got Some didn't sound great because it wasn't mixed right and it was the first performance.

Also, 99% of feedback regarding The End has been nothing but positive so how can you say it's an abandonment of their strengths? I think some people need to just have a little more faith.
    2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009: Manchester
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II

No doubt. But are the rest of us supposed to resign or fake it or otherwise swallow our opinion just becos we don't like the new stuff as much?

But this is what bothers me: one song (Got Some) was aired, The End was played live (and so was Unthought Unknown) and there was a very crappy leak of The Fixer. Beyond that, all the songs are unknown. Not one studio song was leaked. To each their own. And you don't have to swallow at all. But, to use an expression, "don't judge a book by its cover." Just wait and then decide...

I for one like to anticipate and not drive myself crazy with (maybe) unfounded opinions.
  • satansbedsatansbed Posts: 2,138
    i just found this on the internet, the last paragraph cracked me up
    http://www.hiphopmusic.com/best_of_yout ... um_de.html

Indeed thanks! Also more info on the article/ interview?
  • mach271mach271 Posts: 562
    i call bullshit here!

why havent the mods deleted?

BOGUS!!!!!!!

And is there anyone who can FULLY translate the article and the song descriptions?
  • FirstExitFirstExit Los Angeles Posts: 972
    The OP already posted the translations.
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    mach271 wrote:
    i call bullshit here!

BOGUS!!!!!!!

And is there anyone who can FULLY translate the article and the song descriptions?
    Even after those pictures, are you serious??? You have to be kidding me..

Indeed thanks! Also more info on the article/ interview?

i´ll work on it - at least it´s a 2 sided interview with stone and jeff
    Berlin 95 with Neil Young, Berlin 1996, Berlin 2000, Berlin 2006, Munich 2007, Rotterdam 2009, Berlin 2009, Dublin 2010, Belfast 2010, Berlin 2010, Amsterdam 1 2012, Amsterdam 2 2012, Berlin 1 2012, Berlin 2 2012
  • comatose_253comatose_253 Posts: 270
    edited June 2009
    satansbed wrote:
    i just found this on the internet, the last paragraph cracked me up
    http://www.hiphopmusic.com/best_of_yout ... um_de.html
    flamenco?! and spanish. . . interesting. crazy times with all the speculation and folks being vocal about their expectations for the record.
    Post edited by comatose_253 on
  • prytocorduroyprytocorduroy Posts: 4,355
    skyvalley wrote:
    hi,
    i just recived the july issue of germany´s visions-magazin. what i found? all the new songs listed with a small review from the reporter. there are 11 songs and it´s really short - just 36 minutes for the full album.
    here the tracklist
    1. see my friend
    2. got some
    3. the fixer
    4. johnny guitar
    5. just breathe
    6. amongst the waves
    7. unthought known
    8. supersonic
    9. speed of sound
    10. force of nature
    11. the end

review of all the songs will follow....
    Not feeling those song titles. Oh well. Never judge a book by it's cover.
  • mach271mach271 Posts: 562
    mach271 wrote:
    i call bullshit here!

BOGUS!!!!!!!

You sound shocked that i dont believe it.....

So what your saying is that a BS rag in Germany (no less) is 100% accurate?! get real my friend.......

Just the simple fact that this thread is even still here, is a testament to its fraud........
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    mach271 wrote:
    mach271 wrote:
    i call bullshit here!

BOGUS!!!!!!!

You sound shocked that i dont believe it.....

So what your saying is that a BS rag in Germany (no less) is 100% accurate?! get real my friend.......

Just the simple fact that this thread is even still here, is a testament to its fraud........
    Whether its accurate or not is not my point. I'm pointing out that the article is being sincere and not a hoax.

No one would go through that much trouble to get a little kick on this message board.

Just the simple fact that this thread is even still here, is a testament to its fraud........[/quote]Whether its accurate or not is not my point. I'm pointing out that the article is being sincere and not a hoax.

No one would go through that much trouble to get a little kick on this message board.[/quote]

for sure - i can´t understand those sceptical here on the board. -- just look at these pictures - if more germans would be on the board they would told you the same (like myownblacksundown). just wait, i think whitin the next days there will be more international magazins shows reports out of the pearl jam studio like visons did. the visons magazin is the bigges alternativ rock zine in germany and that for more than 15 years - and this is NOT the april issue! :D