NEW ALBUM ALL SONGS LISTED in GERMANY´s VISIONS MAGAZIN

Comments

• edvedder913edvedder913 Posts: 1,810
    hahahahaha. I find this hilarious.

Lesson learned: when you get some (no pun intended) information, do not even bother to share it on this board!!!!! All you do is get bashed.

Remember Accoustic Guy sharing his info on Irving Plaza???!?!?! Poor bastard got ripped to pieces.

I can sit here and laugh, because I know what the track listing is, but no way in hell would I bother coming on here to confirm or deny it. I mean you have pictures and still people are saying "I call BS" duh!!!!!

Just remember to refresh this post on 9/22.

I am thinking Get Some was BS too. Pearl Jam just probably made up the song for Conan and it's not going to be on the CD. :mrgreen:
  • mach271mach271 Posts: 562
    hoope its BS.....

11 tracks?! isnt that standard for debut albums? not like PJ .........

WTF knows.....all we do know is that we PAY to be members of the "official" fan club and we are ALWAYS the last to know anything!

WHY IS THAT?!

Why cant we be informed? even better, why cant things be "clarified"?!

ITS A BUNCH OF BS IF YOU ASK ME
  • psycosmicpsycosmic Posts: 504
    mach271 wrote:

You sound shocked that i dont believe it.....

So what your saying is that a BS rag in Germany (no less) is 100% accurate?! get real my friend.......

Just the simple fact that this thread is even still here, is a testament to its fraud........

Why does the fact that this comes from one of the most popular and well-respected German music magazines make it less legit? Just because it's not an American mag?
    Unlike British NME, for example, they have a history of not relying on rumours but on facts. It's a good, reliable magazine, I used to read it a lot but not so much recently...
    They got these facts from flying out to Pearl Jam's studio and interviewing the band. Of course, some things like the track order might be changed before release and maybe one or two songs added, I give you that... But this is a review by a journalist who got his information directly from the band or their management, what's so difficult to believe here?
    This magazine is legit and two of their long-time editors are HUGE Pearl Jam fans, I even once talked to one of them about the band...
    ~~~
    Some days you wake up and sit on a park bench next to an eighty year old Russian architect, and some days you don't. I think this is my new life philosophy.

http://epplehausradio.blogspot.com/

pearl jam @ the astoria, london, 20/04/06
  • skyvalleyskyvalley Posts: 184
    Why does the fact that this comes from one of the most popular and well-respected German music magazines make it less legit? Just because it's not an American mag?
    Unlike British NME, for example, they have a history of not relying on rumours but on facts. It's a good, reliable magazine, I used to read it a lot but not so much recently...
    They got these facts from flying out to Pearl Jam's studio and interviewing the band. Of course, some things like the track order might be changed before release and maybe one or two songs added, I give you that... But this is a review by a journalist who got his information directly from the band or their management, what's so difficult to believe here?
    This magazine is legit and two of their long-time editors are HUGE Pearl Jam fans, I even once talked to one of them about the band...[/quote]

hey have you also read the story?
    Berlin 95 with Neil Young, Berlin 1996, Berlin 2000, Berlin 2006, Munich 2007, Rotterdam 2009, Berlin 2009, Dublin 2010, Belfast 2010, Berlin 2010, Amsterdam 1 2012, Amsterdam 2 2012, Berlin 1 2012, Berlin 2 2012
    looks like a lengthy article, and lengthy song descriptions....

Any way someone can translate?
    skyvalley wrote:

No, I have only read what I could see on your pictures but I think I'm going to buy it tomorrow... How long is the interview?

I stopped reading Visions regularly because I think they do way too many stories on bands like Billy Talent that aren't really my cup of tea... but I still go on their website once in a while...
    ~~~
    Some days you wake up and sit on a park bench next to an eighty year old Russian architect, and some days you don't. I think this is my new life philosophy.

• comatose_253comatose_253 Posts: 270
    mach271 wrote:
    hoope its BS.....

11 tracks?! isnt that standard for debut albums? not like PJ .........

WTF knows.....all we do know is that we PAY to be members of the "official" fan club and we are ALWAYS the last to know anything!

WHY IS THAT?!

Why cant we be informed? even better, why cant things be "clarified"?!

ITS A BUNCH OF BS IF YOU ASK ME

this is funny . . . comic relief!
  • comatose_253comatose_253 Posts: 270
    mach271 wrote:

why bother . . . it is just fiction, right :-)
    mach271 wrote:

give me a couple of minutes... I will translate the full song descriptions but I don't have the article...
    but thanks to the person who already translated the most important statements for the non-German-speaking fans!!!
    ~~~

• skyvalleyskyvalley Posts: 184
    psycosmic wrote:
    skyvalley wrote:

No, I have only read what I could see on your pictures but I think I'm going to buy it tomorrow... How long is the interview?

I stopped reading Visions regularly because I think they do way too many stories on bands like Billy Talent that aren't really my cup of tea... but I still go on their website once in a while...

2 side interviwe with jeff and stone
    this issue comes out this wendsday - i have it get earlier cause i have a abo - maybe you can clear up some things here on the board (for this my english is not the best....)
    Berlin 95 with Neil Young, Berlin 1996, Berlin 2000, Berlin 2006, Munich 2007, Rotterdam 2009, Berlin 2009, Dublin 2010, Belfast 2010, Berlin 2010, Amsterdam 1 2012, Amsterdam 2 2012, Berlin 1 2012, Berlin 2 2012
  • veddermanvedderman Posts: 799
    now...where are songs like Shift, Forward Thinking, In The Time Of Man, Agree To Disagree, High Crime and Yonder?
    2000 Ljubljana
    2006 Vienna, Zagreb
    2007 Munich
    2009 Berlin
    2010 Dublin, Belfast, Berlin, Venice
    2011 Montreal, Toronto 1&2
    2012 Manchester 1&2, Amsterdam 1&2, Prague, Berlin 1&2, EV Manchester
    2013 Worcester 1&2, Brooklyn 1&2
    2014 Amsterdam 1&2, Manchester 1&2, Milano, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin
    2017 EV Firenze, Taormina 1&2
    2018 Amsterdam 1&2, Padova, Prague, Krakow, Berlin
    2019 EV Firenze
    mach271 wrote:

why bother . . . it is just fiction, right :-)

You guys are convincing me......
  • Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    edited June 2009
    vedderman wrote:
    now...where are songs like Shift, Forward Thinking, In The Time Of Man, Agree To Disagree, High Crime and Yonder?

Those were fake names, sir.

Edit: Also I loosely translated the song descriptions... here's a few... some of them turned out really odd so I will let other's post them...

See My Friends: Pearl Jam, as one expects it today: straighter rock, strong text, handily and aggressively.

Got Some: Likewise rock, likewise straight and nearly rage-ends, but with salient guitar licks of mike mccready.

The Fixer: First point of high. A taut, nearly classical rock song, which is as it were smart. Easily diagonally(???), with cool singing melody and rhythmic... it creates stucco to the mini hymn.

Johnny Guitar: Fortunately not as thinly as its title. Lie close likewise a rocker, but with remarkably much text portion and. grows so over cut through, remains however very classical.
    Post edited by Stephen Flow on
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    edited June 2009
    god I hate free online translaters. they make no sense..

Here's what the quote from Stone at the beginning of the article said..

"We plastered ourselves partially almost with things. Yet even in such moments, we trusted to the process and did fur the other et what - also if we did not know, why. "
    vedderman wrote:

not necessarilly....thye could have been changed
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    danny72688 wrote:
    skyvalley wrote:
    hi,
    i just recived the july issue of germany´s visions-magazin. what i found? all the new songs listed with a small review from the reporter. there are 11 songs and it´s really short - just 36 minutes for the full album.
    here the tracklist
    1. see my friend
    2. got some
    3. the fixer
    4. johnny guitar
    5. just breathe
    6. amongst the waves
    7. unthought known
    8. supersonic
    9. speed of sound
    10. force of nature
    11. the end

review of all the songs will follow....
    Not feeling those song titles. Oh well. Never judge a book by it's cover.
    well said too...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    mach271 wrote:
    vedderman wrote:

those names were made up.... believe me...

remember alarms of nautical from the riot act reports? those names were all made up by someone.
    god I hate free online translaters. they make no sense..

Here's what the quote from Stone at the beginning of the article said..

"We plastered ourselves partially almost with things. Yet even in such moments, we trusted to the process and did fur the other et what - also if we did not know, why. "
    thats true..
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    Here are the full song descriptions from German music mag Visions as translated by me:

THE NEW PEARL JAM: HERE'S WHAT TO EXPECT

Four mountain ridges, a canyon, a copious green valley, a steep rock, a jungle, veld - and an almost punchline ending. Pearl Jam's ninth studio album "Backspacer" is the first one since "Yield" that has been produced by Brendan O'Brien.

See My Friend: Pearl Jam as you expect them today: straight rock, strong lyrics, hands-on and aggressive.

Got Some: Also rock, also straight and almost angry but with some distinctive guitar licks by Mike McCready.

The Fixer: The first highlight. A tight, almost classic rock tune but clever at the same time. Slightly odd, and with cool vocal melodies and rhythms this track is a mini anthem.

Johnny Guitar: Fortunately not as bland as the title suggests. Also a rocker, but with a remarkable amout of lyrics and sincerity. Grows above average but still a very classical tune.

Just Breathe: The first break and a moment to take some breath. Lovely acoustic ballad. The fingers fly over the fret board, an unobtrusive string arrangement and lyrics about love - mature, wonderful, terrific vocal delivery.

Amongst The Waves: Finally there's not only pushing forward but in all directions with a song that tries to reach the sky. The positive build-up reminds of "Given To Fly" as well as the fact that you just can't point at the root of "Amongst The Waves" (Is it the lyrics? guitars? drums?).

Unthought Known: First very climatic, then a passionate mid-tempo rock song. A slightly blurry ending but still more palpable than anything off the last album.

Supersonic: The obligatory wild song that you can find on every Pearl Jam album since "Vitalogy". Almost cheerful, driven by Matt Cameron's fast pace, in the beginning reminiscent of Soundgarden. But Soundgarden were better at creating those angular bundles of energy.

Speed Of Sound: Exotic. A strange pop song with a different sound than the rest of the album and its clear-cut production. Still: piano, tingling, suspense...

Force Of Nature: A rock song like a Pearl Jam concert: An innocent beginning, but it grows naturally and expands and has you totally in its grip before you know it.

The End: The second acoustic song and to be taken literally. One of the strongest ballads by the band since a long time, amongst other things because its urgency manifests in Vedder's vocals. Even the end of the end needs a worthy ending.
    ~~~

• BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,089
    mach271 wrote:

those names were made up.... believe me...

remember alarms of nautical from the riot act reports? those names were all made up by someone.
    I wouldn't be so quick to assume that. There was a person on the Pit some time ago who claimed to have an MP3 of "Alarms of Nautical" ... a discussion about the song started in The Porch and moments later the guy's account was deleted before it was distributed to anyone. Most people thought the guy was full of shit, but I don't think he was. I was talking to him via PMs and he turned out to be the same guy who first leaked Avocado on here (and had his account locked at that time too as a result).

Personally, I think that Alarms of Nautical is out there, along with at least a few other Avocado b-sides...
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • psycosmic wrote:
    Here are the full song descriptions from German music mag Visions as translated by me:

Four mountain ridges, a canyon, a copious green valley, a steep rock, a jungle, veld - and an almost punchline ending. Pearl Jam's ninth studio album "Backspacer" is the first one since "Yield" that has been produced by Brendan O'Brien.

See My Friend: Pearl Jam as you expect them today: straight rock, strong lyrics, hands-on and aggressive.

Got Some: Also rock, also straight and almost angry but with some distinctive guitar licks by Mike McCready.

The Fixer: The first highlight. A tight, almost classic rock tune but clever at the same time. Slightly odd, and with cool vocal melodies and rhythms this track is a mini anthem.

Johnny Guitar: Fortunately not as bland as the title suggests. Also a rocker, but with a remarkable amout of lyrics and sincerity. Grows above average but still a very classical tune.

Just Breathe: The first break and a moment to take some breath. Lovely acoustic ballad. The fingers fly over the fret board, an unobtrusive string arrangement and lyrics about love - mature, wonderful, terrific vocal delivery.

Amongst The Waves: Finally there's not only pushing forward but in all directions with a song that tries to reach the sky. The positive build-up reminds of "Given To Fly" as well as the fact that you just can't point at the root of "Amongst The Waves" (Is it the lyrics? guitars? drums?).

Unthought Known: First very climatic, then a passionate mid-tempo rock song. A slightly blurry ending but still more palpable than anything off the last album.

Supersonic: The obligatory wild song that you can find on every Pearl Jam album since "Vitalogy". Almost cheerful, driven by Matt Cameron's fast pace, in the beginning reminiscent of Soundgarden. But Soundgarden were better at creating those angular bundles of energy.

Speed Of Sound: Exotic. A strange pop song with a different sound than the rest of the album and its clear-cut production. Still: piano, tingling, suspense...

Force Of Nature: A rock song like a Pearl Jam concert: An innocent beginning, but it grows naturally and expands and has you totally in its grip before you know it.

The End: The second acoustic song and to be taken literally. One of the strongest ballads by the band since a long time, amongst other things because its urgency manifests in Vedder's vocals. Even the end of the end needs a worthy ending.
    OH BABYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY. thanks for this!!!

i really hope this shuts everybody up!!!
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    hanks for translating that article. i'm ready for September!!! 8-)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • fortyshadesfortyshades Posts: 1,834
    psycosmic wrote:

Thank you, thank you, thank you... I know how tough it is to translate...

I'm really getting curious about "Among the Waves". I really like this title, very poetic. Beats "Sigarette song" IMO. And is there anyone else here who thinks there might be a link between song 4 and Johnny Ramone?
    psycosmic wrote:

THANK U THANK U!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :):):):)

I'm really getting curious about "Among the Waves". I really like this title, very poetic. Beats "Sigarette song" IMO. And is there anyone else here who thinks there might be a link between song 4 and Johnny Ramone?

You're welcome!
    I hope everything comes across. The English is not perfect in some places but it took me an hour to do that so this is all you get...

I also think "Johnny Guitar" is about Johnny Ramone but I was really curious about "Cigarette Song Part 1 and 2"...
    ~~~

• fortyshadesfortyshades Posts: 1,834
    psycosmic wrote:

You're welcome!
    I hope everything comes across. The English is not perfect in some places but it took me an hour to do that so this is all you get...

I also think "Johnny Guitar" is about Johnny Ramone but I was really curious about "Cigarette Song Part 1 and 2"...

Undoubtedly working titles... Maybe good b-sides ;) Is there any word on a surprise songin the interview? Or a hint about it?
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    psycosmic wrote:

I like what I'm reading...

sound like this is going to be a decently experimental album. Seems like we got a slow acoustic No Code-ish song, a Yield-ish song, a soundgarden-ish song (SWEET), and some wierd pop-ish song (which obviously will not be liked by all most likely) Unthought Known sounds like a good song for the middle of the album too

The only ting I'm not too psyched about is the whole 11 songs and 36 minutes, but oh well. (didnt i just say before that i dont believe this article?)
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
    Undoubtedly working titles... Maybe good b-sides ;) Is there any word on a surprise songin the interview? Or a hint about it?

I don't have the interview - I was working with the pictures posted here... What I could decipher of half the page that was in the photo there wasn't anything that we don't already know...
    But I might buy a copy when it comes out on Wednesday (The OP is a subscriber and received the mag earlier than anyone else).

I really hope for some B-sides this time!!!
    ~~~

• DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
    psycosmic wrote:

:o you my friend, are awesome! thank you so much!

this album sounds fantastic! i am sooo pumped!
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
    Not gonna quote the translations but...

THANK YOU FOR TRANSLATING!

Does anyone else think that this might just be MOST of the tracks off of the album and not all of them?

Think about this... if you only let people sample a portion of the album... they can't leak the whole thing... I know I'm probably wrong but there might be a few more songs on here that haven't been sampled yet.