Options

NEW ALBUM ALL SONGS LISTED in GERMANY´s VISIONS MAGAZIN

Comments

• Options
    skyvalleyskyvalley Posts: 184
    mfc2006 wrote:
    i'm guessing that this info is fairly accurate b/c it hasn't been deleted.

the pictures are not enough for those scepticals... they schould go to an any american airport and buy this german magazin - maybe this works....
    Berlin 95 with Neil Young, Berlin 1996, Berlin 2000, Berlin 2006, Munich 2007, Rotterdam 2009, Berlin 2009, Dublin 2010, Belfast 2010, Berlin 2010, Amsterdam 1 2012, Amsterdam 2 2012, Berlin 1 2012, Berlin 2 2012
  • Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,089
    skyvalley wrote:
    mfc2006 wrote:

the pictures are not enough for those scepticals... they schould go to an any american airport and buy this german magazin - maybe this works....
    I don't see how anyone can dispute the info after seeing the pictures that you linked in to this thread...
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Leave it to the Germans to incite people via false propaganda!

Buhhhh.... :cry: We have learned from our history.

I can say once more that the VISIONS magazine is a reliable source. I remember 2007 as they made a story about PJ fans like us travelling through Europe spending there whole money and there whole holidays for this band. One of the author's is a huge fan (I remember he has a stickman tattoo on his leg :lol: ). So I wouldn't believe that they provide us with wrong information.

September 22nd (we will have the release already September 19th :D ) will show us the truth and surely some ashamed tenclubers.
  • Options
    skyvalley wrote:
    mfc2006 wrote:

Do you think they can get such a gorgeous magazin in America? :D
  • Options
    Do you think they can get such a gorgeous magazin in America? :D[/quote]

jetz geh mal üns bett - mußt morgen früh räus!!
    Berlin 95 with Neil Young, Berlin 1996, Berlin 2000, Berlin 2006, Munich 2007, Rotterdam 2009, Berlin 2009, Dublin 2010, Belfast 2010, Berlin 2010, Amsterdam 1 2012, Amsterdam 2 2012, Berlin 1 2012, Berlin 2 2012
  • Options
    PlanktonPlankton Posts: 692
    If you are hoping for a song within a ripping guitar solo at the end like Alive, it's just all the more unlikely that a song with that kind of jam will appear on this 36 minute album. Unless of course, one or more of the songs on there was "pry, to" or "lukin" short.

"Supersonic: The obligatory wild song that you can find on every Pearl Jam album since "Vitalogy". Almost cheerful, driven by Matt Cameron's fast pace, in the beginning reminiscent of Soundgarden. But Soundgarden were better at creating those angular bundles of energy."

Maybe? Perhaps I'm being stupid and reading it in the wrong way.

It's a shame most of this thread is focused on the '36 minutes' and not the positive, and interesting snippets on each song. Can't wait till we get more of these things coming through in other magazines. Wasn't there a thread recently for a UK magazine asking for questions from fans? That should be out soon I would have though, perhaps with a review like this too.
  • Options
    skyvalley wrote:
    Do you think they can get such a gorgeous magazin in America? :D

jetz geh mal üns bett - mußt morgen früh räus!![/quote]

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    Irish Al wrote:
    RiotAct10 wrote:
    If Pearl Jam had not done what they did as far as No Code goes, they would almost certainly not be around today for all you whiners to complain about an album YOU HAVEN'T EVEN HEARD!

Since I am a fan since 1998, i would not call myself a "noob" and since I was 11 when No Code came out, it is not surprising I was not into PJ yet. Yield is what made me fan, and it remains #1 for me to this day. I grew as a Pearl Jam fan fairly quickly, and by August of 1999 I had all of their albums except for 1. No Code. For some reason, which I cannot explain, I decided maybe there would be just one album I didn't buy. And then on August 24, 1999 (as confirmed by the sticker on the album) I bought a used copy of No Code. I don't know why I waited that long to buy it or what I was thinking, but I am sure glad I finely did. I think Off He Goes has to be one of their best songs, Red Mosquito rocks in a whole new way for them, Sometimes and Around the Bend begin and close it out so beautifully and perfectly, Who You Are and In My Tree allowed Jack Irons to shine with something new for the band. I can understand how at the time, some people, who wanted more Even Flow and Alive, might have been let down, but looking at the album on it's own, I think it is a great piece of music, and hopefully whether the new album is 60 minutes long, or 20 minutes long, I'll be saying the same thing in a few months.

I certainly wasnt looking for another EF or Alive but IMHO Off He Goes is one of the most boring PJ songs around....when its played live, it breaks the flow of the gig and you always hear people talking during it :roll: ;)

I love Off He Goes and think it's an excellent song, but it really is kind of a momentum killer in concert. Columbus 2000 was one of the most smokin shows they ever played... then they did Off He Goes, Nothingman, Betterman and the whole venue fell asleep. They never quite got it back...
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,540
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

oh Joe, i've come to expect more from you,...

;)
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    nukebootnukeboot Posts: 1,465
    skyvalley wrote:
    hi,
    i just recived the july issue of germany´s visions-magazin. what i found? all the new songs listed with a small review from the reporter. there are 11 songs and it´s really short - just 36 minutes for the full album.
    here the tracklist...

Thanks for posting this.

I've forwarded it to my hardcore PJ friends and they're all psyched.

Funny, not a single one mentioned the album length... :roll:
    EdSurfingSig_zpsgmyltito.jpg
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,444
    100 Pacer wrote:
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

oh Joe, i've come to expect more from you,...

;)

I know, I know!
  • Options
    But this is what bothers me: one song (Got Some) was aired, The End was played live (and so was Unthought Unknown) and there was a very crappy leak of The Fixer. Beyond that, all the songs are unknown. Not one studio song was leaked. To each their own. And you don't have to swallow at all. But, to use an expression, "don't judge a book by its cover." Just wait and then decide...

I for one like to anticipate and not drive myself crazy with (maybe) unfounded opinions.

So it's ok to anticipate? How can you get excited when you haven't heard it and don't know if it's any good?

Wow... I think you kind of missed my point. To be clear: feel free to do what you want. All I'm trying to say is, that *I* rather spend energy in anticipation and enthousiasme, and have fun along the way, than in negativity that may be unfounded. To each their own. It's all a choice. Or how did Pearl Jam say it? "How I choose to feel is how I am?" With the emphasis on "am".

Oh well...

And my point is your enthusiasm could just as easily be unfounded.
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,540

Wow... I think you kind of missed my point. To be clear: feel free to do what you want. All I'm trying to say is, that *I* rather spend energy in anticipation and enthousiasme, and have fun along the way, than in negativity that may be unfounded. To each their own. It's all a choice. Or how did Pearl Jam say it? "How I choose to feel is how I am?" With the emphasis on "am".

Oh well...

And my point is your enthusiasm could just as easily be unfounded

likewise your pessimism,...
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    100 Pacer wrote:

Oh well...

And my point is your enthusiasm could just as easily be unfounded

likewise your pessimism,...

Absolutely. I very much hope it is and I am proven wrong. But it gets tiring that people act like nothing this band ever has done or will do can possibly be less than glorious, or that I'm insane for not hopping up and down like a kid on Christmas after being disappointed 2 albums in a row and finding the early interviews and reviews to be less than encouraging.

I couldn't give 2 shits how long the album is. It could be 5 songs and 25 minutes and I'd be cool with that as long as those songs are good. Pink Floyd did a lot of great albums like that. What I care about is an album full of 2-3 minute throwaway rockers that will be played live the exact same way as they are on the album for one tour and then discarded to never be heard again because they were never more than filler. There has been too much of that on the last 2-3 albums, and their statements on the new album, as well as the reviews that have surfaced, seem to indicate that rather than learning and abandoning those songs, they've made a conscious effort to do an entire album like that.
    Post edited by soulsinging on
  • Options
    Murderers.Murderers. Posts: 1,382
    When's the translation of the interview coming along?
    What the fuck is this world?
  • Options
    RiotAct10RiotAct10 Ohio Posts: 1,613
    Irish Al wrote:
    RiotAct10 wrote:
    If Pearl Jam had not done what they did as far as No Code goes, they would almost certainly not be around today for all you whiners to complain about an album YOU HAVEN'T EVEN HEARD!

Since I am a fan since 1998, i would not call myself a "noob" and since I was 11 when No Code came out, it is not surprising I was not into PJ yet. Yield is what made me fan, and it remains #1 for me to this day. I grew as a Pearl Jam fan fairly quickly, and by August of 1999 I had all of their albums except for 1. No Code. For some reason, which I cannot explain, I decided maybe there would be just one album I didn't buy. And then on August 24, 1999 (as confirmed by the sticker on the album) I bought a used copy of No Code. I don't know why I waited that long to buy it or what I was thinking, but I am sure glad I finely did. I think Off He Goes has to be one of their best songs, Red Mosquito rocks in a whole new way for them, Sometimes and Around the Bend begin and close it out so beautifully and perfectly, Who You Are and In My Tree allowed Jack Irons to shine with something new for the band. I can understand how at the time, some people, who wanted more Even Flow and Alive, might have been let down, but looking at the album on it's own, I think it is a great piece of music, and hopefully whether the new album is 60 minutes long, or 20 minutes long, I'll be saying the same thing in a few months.

I certainly wasnt looking for another EF or Alive but IMHO Off He Goes is one of the most boring PJ songs around....when its played live, it breaks the flow of the gig and you always hear people talking during it :roll: ;)

I love Off He Goes and think it's an excellent song, but it really is kind of a momentum killer in concert. Columbus 2000 was one of the most smokin shows they ever played... then they did Off He Goes, Nothingman, Betterman and the whole venue fell asleep. They never quite got it back...

That was actually my first PJ show, and it was actually Live On Two Legs that made me fall in love even more with Off He Goes and Nothingman, and I thought if I was lucky I would get to hear one of them, so when they played both I was pretty freaking excited. I am pretty sure I did not fall asleep at that show or when those songs were played. But it is a matter of opinion. I might love one song and love to hear it live, and someone else may not. Neither of us are wrong in our opinions. For instance, I really dislike Save You, and wish I never had to see it played live, while other people think it is a great song and get stoked when it's played. It's all just personal preference, no big deal/
    words seem so out of place.

8.21.00 Columbus | 6.24.03 Columbus | 7.9.03 NYC | 10.2.04 Toledo | 9.11.05 Kitchener | 5.20.06 Cleveland | 8.5.07 Chicago | 5.6.10 Columbus | 5.7.10 Noblesville | 5.9.10 Cleveland | 9.3.11 East Troy | 9.4.11 East Troy | 7.19.13 Chicago | 10.11.13 Pittsburgh | 10.1.14 Cincinnati | 4.8.16 Ft. Lauderdale | 4.9.16 Miami | 8.8.18 Seattle | 8.10.18 Seattle | 9.26.21 Dana Point | 10.1.21 Dana Point | 10.2.21 Dana Point | 9.16.22 Nashville | 9.17.22 Louisville | 9.18.22 St. Louis | 9.2.23 St. Paul | 9.15.23 Ft. Worth
    6.26.11 Detroit (EdVed) | 9.23.17 Louisville (EdVed) | 9.25.21 Dana Point (EdVed) | 10.01.22 Dana Point (EdVed) | 2.6.22 Newark (EdVed)
  • Options
    RiotAct10 wrote:

That was actually my first PJ show, and it was actually Live On Two Legs that made me fall in love even more with Off He Goes and Nothingman, and I thought if I was lucky I would get to hear one of them, so when they played both I was pretty freaking excited. I am pretty sure I did not fall asleep at that show or when those songs were played. But it is a matter of opinion. I might love one song and love to hear it live, and someone else may not. Neither of us are wrong in our opinions. For instance, I really dislike Save You, and wish I never had to see it played live, while other people think it is a great song and get stoked when it's played. It's all just personal preference, no big deal/

No doubt. I don't care for Save You either, and Off He Goes, in the right situation, can sound great. Love the lo2l version. But in the middle of an ass-kicking set, 15 minutes of slow tunes is going to get noticed. The crowd went dead quiet after that, and right before they have been rowdy as hell and kicking ass on the Daughter singalong!
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    Dark Star wrote:
    Kraven wrote:
    To all of you complaining about length check out this fun fact, Sgt Pepper, Revolver, Let It Be and Rubber Soul are all under 39 minutes. All of them being under 36 except Sgt Pepper. Definitely quality not quantity.

You said it. Completly correct...

39 minutes is a great length. I agree. Those song titles do seem questionable though. Almost like an April fools trick, but I believe it, plus the reviews seemed pretty realistic. And wow, not a single song from the previous so-called song list. And that was supposed to be from a reliable source?

- Shift
    - Dust
    - Forward Thinking
    - In The Time Of Man
    - Cigarette Song Part I
    - Cigarette Song Part II
    - Agree To Disagre
    - High Crime
    - Yonder

I posted those titles here... I got them off the pearljamonline.it site a long long time ago...
    My take on them has always been that they were made up titles... I posted them anyway to see what people here thought about them...
    This harkens back to when the previous album was being released... there was a list of PJ songs on the new album and all of them were fake fake fake... Alarms of Nautical was the only name I can remember.
  • Options
    dustinparduedustinpardue Las Vegas, NV Posts: 1,829
    I am really excited that every song isn't going to have a 6 minute organ solo!
    "All I Ever Knew" available now in print and digital formats at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iBooks.
  • Options
    fortyshadesfortyshades Posts: 1,834

Oh well...

And my point is your enthusiasm could just as easily be unfounded.

Maybe... But at least I have fun along the way...
  • Options
    arthurdentarthurdent Posts: 969
    MV5BMTI5NDc5MzU2N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTE5ODEyMg@@._V1._SX294_SY400_.jpg
    Rock me Jesus, roll me Lord...
    Wash me in the blood of Rock & Roll
  • Options
    Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    In fairness backspacer isnt exactly gonna go down as a Classic album title :lol:
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    ZidaneZidane Ottawa Posts: 362
    No words in the article about Boom playing on any songs? Any sign of organ at all? If not... FUCK YEAH!!!!! With Brendan O'brien back, he can handle that part like he did with their first 5 albums!
    You're not what you own - Ian MacKaye, Fugazi

98 - Montreal
    00 - Montreal
    03 - Toronto, Montreal
    04 - Boston (Show #1)
    05 - Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    06 - Toronto (Show #1)
    09 - Toronto, Philly (Show #3-4)
    10 - Cleveland
    11 - Montreal, Toronto (x2), Ottawa
    13 - London (ON), Philly (x2)
    16 - QC - Ottawa

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    Zidane wrote:
    No words in the article about Boom playing on any songs? Any sign of organ at all? If not... FUCK YEAH!!!!! With Brendan O'brien back, he can handle that part like he did with their first 5 albums!
    boooooooooooooooommmm
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    Irish Al wrote:
    In fairness backspacer isnt exactly gonna go down as a Classic album title :lol:

If the music is classic, the title will be classic.
  • Options
    I hope that the 39 minutes is a typo. I was really banking on something under 30 minutes. I mean, If you're gonna release a demo, then do it right!
  • Options
    hey - ed played "speed of sound" in maui - and it was NO coldplay-cover
  • Options
    awilkinsawilkins Posts: 984
    Anyone beginning to believe this article now?

Five out of eleven songs is not a bad ratio...I just want some news; maybe after the EV tour.

PS: who saw the Virgin Fest announcement coming? totally out of left field.

PJ + BH/R7 down under, ACL, some Festivals, some shows in CHI/TO; such sporadic and random dates; lots of $$ to offset their carbon footprint me thinks.
  • Options
    DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
    skyvalley wrote:
    hey - ed played "speed of sound" in maui - and it was NO coldplay-cover

care to share what it sounded like!?
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford