Options

NEW ALBUM ALL SONGS LISTED in GERMANY´s VISIONS MAGAZIN

Comments

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    was perfect slow song!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Vedder_Girl77Vedder_Girl77 Posts: 4,335
    I like the "speed of sound". Sounds like it will be a good tune.
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • Options
    fortyshadesfortyshades Posts: 1,834
    skyvalley wrote:
    hey - ed played "speed of sound" in maui - and it was NO coldplay-cover

care to share what it sounded like!?

I haven't heard it, but what I gathered from responses on the net it's a midtempo song with very mixed reviews. The acoustic version that is out there starts midway and is of very poor quality. (Like I said, I haven't heard it. I'm stating this on hearsay.) I'm curious about the studieversion for in the Germam magazine it said there is some piano in there.
  • Options
    36 minutes is very disappointing for 11 songs.

i hope not all songs are 3.5 minutes....
    it's just such a standard amount of time for a song...

intro/verse/chorus/verse/chorus/bridge/chorus
    sometimes gets a little old fairly fast if it's really quick and doesn't contain much more than some catchy power chord riffs....I wanna hear some real unique RIFFS

anyways i really don't wanna check back through all the pages
    if there are any more samples of songs from this album...please let me know :oops:
  • Options
    Absolutely. I very much hope it is and I am proven wrong. But it gets tiring that people act like nothing this band ever has done or will do can possibly be less than glorious, or that I'm insane for not hopping up and down like a kid on Christmas after being disappointed 2 albums in a row and finding the early interviews and reviews to be less than encouraging.

I couldn't give 2 shits how long the album is. It could be 5 songs and 25 minutes and I'd be cool with that as long as those songs are good. Pink Floyd did a lot of great albums like that. What I care about is an album full of 2-3 minute throwaway rockers that will be played live the exact same way as they are on the album for one tour and then discarded to never be heard again because they were never more than filler. There has been too much of that on the last 2-3 albums, and their statements on the new album, as well as the reviews that have surfaced, seem to indicate that rather than learning and abandoning those songs, they've made a conscious effort to do an entire album like that.

agree 100%
    i always get nervous making such comments because it seems we're not allowed to criticise ANYTHING this band does. I'm sure the guys themselves would rather read some real critisicm from their fans willing to stand up then everybody just warship anything PJ does.

you guys remember listening to Ten for the first time?
    i'll never forget it...nor will i forget showing my friends who've never heard PJ the entire ten album and they were just blown away.

once
    evenflow
    alive
    why go (during this song...the mates had enough and just had to ask...."are all their albums like this?!"...i really didn't know how to answer that...)
    Black
    Jeremy
    Oceans
    Porch
    Deep
    Release

it's the only album (from any band) that i listened the WHOLE way through without skipping and was just in shock of the masterpiece that it is/was.

...I've tried to fight my love for Ten over many years but i always find myself crawling back.
    Do i dare go as far as to say it's the only full PJ album that i truely love (is this possible from somebody who considers a band as their favourite?!) instead of just a select few songs.

:(
  • Options
    Absolutely. I very much hope it is and I am proven wrong. But it gets tiring that people act like nothing this band ever has done or will do can possibly be less than glorious, or that I'm insane for not hopping up and down like a kid on Christmas after being disappointed 2 albums in a row and finding the early interviews and reviews to be less than encouraging.

I couldn't give 2 shits how long the album is. It could be 5 songs and 25 minutes and I'd be cool with that as long as those songs are good. Pink Floyd did a lot of great albums like that. What I care about is an album full of 2-3 minute throwaway rockers that will be played live the exact same way as they are on the album for one tour and then discarded to never be heard again because they were never more than filler. There has been too much of that on the last 2-3 albums, and their statements on the new album, as well as the reviews that have surfaced, seem to indicate that rather than learning and abandoning those songs, they've made a conscious effort to do an entire album like that.

agree 100%
    i always get nervous making such comments because it seems we're not allowed to criticise ANYTHING this band does. I'm sure the guys themselves would rather read some real critisicm from their fans willing to stand up then everybody just warship anything PJ does.

you guys remember listening to Ten for the first time?
    i'll never forget it...nor will i forget showing my friends who've never heard PJ the entire ten album and they were just blown away.

once
    evenflow
    alive
    why go (during this song...the mates had enough and just had to ask...."are all their albums like this?!"...i really didn't know how to answer that...)
    Black
    Jeremy
    Oceans
    Porch
    Deep
    Release

it's the only album (from any band) that i listened the WHOLE way through without skipping and was just in shock of the masterpiece that it is/was.

...I've tried to fight my love for Ten over many years but i always find myself crawling back.
    Do i dare go as far as to say it's the only full PJ album that i truely love (is this possible from somebody who considers a band as their favourite?!) instead of just a select few songs.

:(

what did you skip on vs ?!
    looking to hear of the earth
  • Options
    haha thanks for the reminder man :mrgreen:

hey i'd be happy if they released another VS!
    VS for me was a little bit of a hit and miss...

songs i love...

RVM
    WMA

songs i really enjoy

Animal
    Dissident
    Elderly women behind...
    rats

Songs i like (but will probably skip)

Go
    Daughter (radio kind of ruined this one for me though)
    Indifference
    Leash

but really RVM was the only song that reeeeeeeeally hit me.
    I would have much preferred if the guys just added brother and state of love and trust to this one.
    but thats just me!

cheers
  • Options
    mrs_veddermrs_vedder Posts: 131
    I can't wait for the new album, really looking forward to it :P
  • Options
    Gonzo1977Gonzo1977 Posts: 1,696
    I find it a little bit strange how some people can be disapointed by an album that they've actually never even heard.

Sounds to me like Pearl Jam isn't the issue here.
  • Options
    ZidaneZidane Ottawa Posts: 362
    Gonzo1977 wrote:
    I find it a little bit strange how some people can be disapointed by an album that they've actually never even heard.

Sounds to me like Pearl Jam isn't the issue here.

Touché!
    You're not what you own - Ian MacKaye, Fugazi

98 - Montreal
    00 - Montreal
    03 - Toronto, Montreal
    04 - Boston (Show #1)
    05 - Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    06 - Toronto (Show #1)
    09 - Toronto, Philly (Show #3-4)
    10 - Cleveland
    11 - Montreal, Toronto (x2), Ottawa
    13 - London (ON), Philly (x2)
    16 - QC - Ottawa

• Options
    some people are pessimists (like myself)
    get used to it.

I'm sorry but when i hear 36 minutes for 11 songs i'm naturally a little worried.
    Ten was 54 minutes or something like that with the same number of songs...

because i'm a pessimist that makes me assume the new album (especially after hearing "got some") will be full of such songs that... don't get me wrong...I WILL enjoy! the songs will be upbeat, fast and catchy...some decent powerchord riffs (again i want to see some more unique riffs these days...)

but i'm thinking these songs will be a lot like breakerfall, gods dice, grievance...good, catchy songs...pick up the pace during a live show but don't give me much more than that.

I'm still going to buy the album and enjoy it somewhat...but i'm sorry i'm thinking pessimistic here because i know i won't get what i crave...I want new songs like Garden and Black and Porch that just take me into a different world and can be transformed into something unreal when played live.

peace and love
  • Options

some people are pessimists (like myself)...

I'm sorry but when i hear 36 minutes for 11 songs i'm naturally a little worried....

because i'm a pessimist that makes me assume....

I'm still going to buy the album and enjoy it somewhat...but i'm sorry i'm thinking pessimistic here because i know i won't get what i crave...

Yeah...this pretty much sums up my point.
  • Options
    Gonzo1977 wrote:

some people are pessimists (like myself)...

I'm sorry but when i hear 36 minutes for 11 songs i'm naturally a little worried....

because i'm a pessimist that makes me assume....

I'm still going to buy the album and enjoy it somewhat...but i'm sorry i'm thinking pessimistic here because i know i won't get what i crave...

Yeah...this pretty much sums up my point.
    cant see pro with the time..
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    whats your problem mate?

am i...as a fan, not allowed to express my views over Pearl Jams music here?
  • Options
    mach271mach271 Posts: 562
    The problem is the boys are writing music that is "easier" to play live.....

Eddie said "we have been writing stuff that we can really sink our teeth into live"
  • Options
    whats your problem mate?

No problems Mate.

Opinions are cool.

I just find it odd that you're disapointed by an album you haven't even heard yet.

36 minutes or 1 hour 36 minutes....It really means dick to me.

Riot Act was their longest album and yet it's my least favorite.

Perhaps the fat is not where it's at.

Personally I'm reserving judgement until I actually hear the album.

Only then will opinions and critique become valid.

Then again...If you are looking for TEN pt.2 or ELEVEN -for that matter-

I guess you are going to be disapointed.
  • Options
    skyvalleyskyvalley Posts: 184
    Berlin 95 with Neil Young, Berlin 1996, Berlin 2000, Berlin 2006, Munich 2007, Rotterdam 2009, Berlin 2009, Dublin 2010, Belfast 2010, Berlin 2010, Amsterdam 1 2012, Amsterdam 2 2012, Berlin 1 2012, Berlin 2 2012
  • Options
    bigbadbillbigbadbill Posts: 1,758
    this deserves a bump!!
    11/6/95, 11/18/97, 7/13/98, 7/14/98, 10/24/00, 10/25/00, 10/28/00, 6/2/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 7/6/06, 7/7/06, 7/9/06, 7/10/06, 7/13/06, 7/15/06, 7/16/06, 7/18/06, 10/21/06, 4/10/08, 4/13/08, 9/30/09, 10/1/09, 10/6/09, 10/7/09, 10/9/09
  • Options
    Gonzo1977 wrote:
    whats your problem mate?

No problems Mate.

Opinions are cool.

I just find it odd that you're disapointed by an album you haven't even heard yet.

36 minutes or 1 hour 36 minutes....It really means dick to me.

Riot Act was their longest album and yet it's my least favorite.

Perhaps the fat is not where it's at.

Personally I'm reserving judgement until I actually hear the album.

Only then will opinions and critique become valid.

Then again...If you are looking for TEN pt.2 or ELEVEN -for that matter-

I guess you are going to be disapointed.
    well said..of course u Gonzo1977 can say your opinion about pearl jam music,,,,,but to what music?u didnt hear the album yet..is like u send me a gift via post office and me say i dont like it before the postman arrives..lishen first,and after say if u like the music or the time....
  • Options
    36 minutes is very disappointing for 11 songs.

i hope not all songs are 3.5 minutes....
    it's just such a standard amount of time for a song...

intro/verse/chorus/verse/chorus/bridge/chorus
    sometimes gets a little old fairly fast if it's really quick and doesn't contain much more than some catchy power chord riffs....I wanna hear some real unique RIFFS

anyways i really don't wanna check back through all the pages
    if there are any more samples of songs from this album...please let me know :oops:
    sorry not let u know,as long u are still complaing about the time ;)
  • Options
    bigbadbill wrote:
    this deserves a bump!!
    bump for this 2
  • Options
    GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,908
    mach271 wrote:
    The problem is the boys are writing music that is "easier" to play live.....

Eddie said "we have been writing stuff that we can really sink our teeth into live"

i may be wrong but i think you might have added the word "live" to that quote?
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
  • Options
    pkh43pkh43 Posts: 253
    Only 36 min?!?!?!
    36 minutes.........we get it already.........stop bitching
  • Options
    speed of sound= coldplay cover
    how many times r u gonna say this? I never even knew this was a fagplay song until you kept informing everyone over and over again.........thanks GUY! get some new material.
  • Options
    HeavyHandsHeavyHands Posts: 2,130
    pkh43 wrote:
    I never even knew this was a fagplay song...

Are you sure this is the best choice of word you could have used to express your displeasure with the band Coldplay. I'm not defending them one way or another, I'm just wondering if it necessary to use put-downs that draw their strength from the denigration of an entire segment of the world's population?

Intentional or not, this was bad form. :(
    "A lot more people are capable of being big out there that just don't give themselves a chance." -Stone Gossard
  • Options
    HeavyHands wrote:
    pkh43 wrote:

Are you sure this is the best choice of word you could have used to express your displeasure with the band Coldplay. I'm not defending them one way or another, I'm just wondering if it necessary to use put-downs that draw their strength from the denigration of an entire segment of the world's population?

I agree here. A little history on the word "fag," and its origins:

During the Salem witch trials homosexual people were used as the fuel to start the fires that burnt the witches at the stake. Hence, they started calling gay people "fags," as in- "bundles of wood" used for kindling a fire. Needless to say, this is an EXTREMELY offensive term that has frighteningly become standard slang.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand- As has already been said, there are SO many tracks produced by various bands that share titles. History tells us that song title has NO bearing on a song's quality. This "bad track title" mindset needs to go!
    "P-E-A-R-L J-A-M is priceless to me."
  • Options
    HeavyHands wrote:
    pkh43 wrote:

How about Fuckyouplay?
  • Options
    pkh43 wrote:
    HeavyHands wrote:
    pkh43 wrote:

How about Fuckyouplay?
    I am a male nurse married with a kid. I get called a fag all the time.......it's just a word and is only bad if you believe it or have a guilty conscious. I can sleep well at night.
  • Options
    pkh43 wrote:
    I am a male nurse married with a kid. I get called a fag all the time.......it's just a word and is only bad if you believe it or have a guilty conscious. I can sleep well at night.

While for you being called "fag" would be insulting because it would insinuate that you were homosexual (which you made a point to indicate that you were not), if you did happen to be gay, and you were being called a "fag," it would be synonymous with being called something like n***er or some other racially charged (highly prejudiced) epithet. And, as I posted above, the origin of the word "fag" in relation to homosexuality is horrific and entirely offensive.

Bottom-line: You should be less concerned with being called "gay," and more concerned with the implications of using the word "fag."
    "P-E-A-R-L J-A-M is priceless to me."
  • Options
    mach271mach271 Posts: 562
    PJMosquito wrote:
    HeavyHands wrote:
    pkh43 wrote:

I agree here. A little history on the word "fag," and its origins:

During the Salem witch trials homosexual people were used as the fuel to start the fires that burnt the witches at the stake. Hence, they started calling gay people "fags," as in- "bundles of wood" used for kindling a fire. Needless to say, this is an EXTREMELY offensive term that has frighteningly become standard slang.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand- As has already been said, there are SO many tracks produced by various bands that share titles. History tells us that song title has NO bearing on a song's quality. This "bad track title" mindset needs to go!

Only a FAG would know something like that