Options

NEW ALBUM ALL SONGS LISTED in GERMANY´s VISIONS MAGAZIN

Comments

• Options
    PlanktonPlankton Posts: 692
    Translations make it sound awesome. Still got two or three months to wait!
  • Options
    fortyshadesfortyshades Posts: 1,834
    [/quote] You're welcome!
    I hope everything comes across. The English is not perfect in some places but it took me an hour to do that so this is all you get...

I also think "Johnny Guitar" is about Johnny Ramone but I was really curious about "Cigarette Song Part 1 and 2"...[/quote]

I just thought of it now, but do you think that working title "cigarette song" might be "Got Some"? Would def. change the meaning of the song ;)
  • Options
    skyvalleyskyvalley Posts: 184
    Not gonna quote the translations but...

THANK YOU FOR TRANSLATING!

Does anyone else think that this might just be MOST of the tracks off of the album and not all of them?

Think about this... if you only let people sample a portion of the album... they can't leak the whole thing... I know I'm probably wrong but there might be a few more songs on here that haven't been sampled yet.

this are definitly all songs - 11 tracks 36 minutes - no more will come - this goes out of the interview with jeff and stone - both are really happy with this short new record!!

PS

PSYCOSMIC THANKS FOR THE TRANSLATION!!
    Berlin 95 with Neil Young, Berlin 1996, Berlin 2000, Berlin 2006, Munich 2007, Rotterdam 2009, Berlin 2009, Dublin 2010, Belfast 2010, Berlin 2010, Amsterdam 1 2012, Amsterdam 2 2012, Berlin 1 2012, Berlin 2 2012
  • Options
    mach271mach271 Posts: 562
    11 tracks 36 mins........

what a joke!

inflated EP IMO
  • Options
    psycosmicpsycosmic Posts: 504
    skyvalley wrote:
    this are definitly all songs - 11 tracks 36 minutes - no more will come - this goes out of the interview with jeff and stone - both are really happy with this short new record!!

PS

PSYCOSMIC THANKS FOR THE TRANSLATION!!

You're welcome, skyvalley!
    Maybe you should edit the first post of this thread and quote my translation so no more people call bullshit on the Visions article... it would also make it easier for people to just read the first post and not go through 15 pages... I don't want to start a new thread...
    ~~~
    Some days you wake up and sit on a park bench next to an eighty year old Russian architect, and some days you don't. I think this is my new life philosophy.

http://epplehausradio.blogspot.com/

pearl jam @ the astoria, london, 20/04/06
  • Options
    skyvalleyskyvalley Posts: 184
    for a better overview - i just put the pictures and the translation in the first post...
    Berlin 95 with Neil Young, Berlin 1996, Berlin 2000, Berlin 2006, Munich 2007, Rotterdam 2009, Berlin 2009, Dublin 2010, Belfast 2010, Berlin 2010, Amsterdam 1 2012, Amsterdam 2 2012, Berlin 1 2012, Berlin 2 2012
  • Options
    huck_5huck_5 Posts: 80
    "The End" is awesome.
    Knoxville, TN '98 | Nashville, TN '03 | Columbia, SC '08 | EV - Nashville, TN '09 | EV - Phoenix, AZ '12 | Charlotte, NC '13
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,353
    skyvalley wrote:
    for a better overview - i just put the pictures and the translation in the first post...

I thinks that much more than most of the whiners deserved
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    slide on next to me....
    Im just a human being
    "Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with the important matters" - Albert Einstein
  • Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,089
    Thanks for this post. The pics were cool to look at. Hopefully we get a similar preview in an English publication soon - maybe RS or Billboard...
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,205
    STOKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    HebejebeHebejebe Posts: 108
    C'mon guys quit complaining about the length of the album. Sure I'd like 75mins of awesomeness but I'd rather have 36 mins of brilliance than 75 mins of mediocrity. So long as the album is good that's all I care about. There are plenty of great albums under 40mins. Hopefully they can crack another album out in under 2yrs next time though.
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    The Rock wrote:
    Agh, who gives a monkey's nutsack if the album is 36 minutes long. I don't believe the article to be true anyway because those song titles are from other bands.

R.E.M's Accelerate was their best album in years and that clocked in at under 40 minutes. Stop moaning.

Yes, but REM's album was a return to their strengths and the style that made them one of the best bands in the world. By all accounts I have seen, the new material is a further abandonment of all their strengths in order to pursue paths they've already taken that generally result in a lot of utterly forgettable songs.

By all you have seen? Have you heard the album? Heard anymore songs than the ones that have leaked? Or are you speculating? Seems like you build your opinion on premisses.

I'm basing it on the songs I have heard and every interview they've given, and what I have heard concerns and depresses me. If people around here can cream their shorts in excitement over what they've heard about the new album, why can I not say it doesn't sound promising?
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    No doubt. But are the rest of us supposed to resign or fake it or otherwise swallow our opinion just becos we don't like the new stuff as much?

But this is what bothers me: one song (Got Some) was aired, The End was played live (and so was Unthought Unknown) and there was a very crappy leak of The Fixer. Beyond that, all the songs are unknown. Not one studio song was leaked. To each their own. And you don't have to swallow at all. But, to use an expression, "don't judge a book by its cover." Just wait and then decide...

I for one like to anticipate and not drive myself crazy with (maybe) unfounded opinions.

So it's ok to anticipate? How can you get excited when you haven't heard it and don't know if it's any good?

I've not heard either of the leaks. I'm going on the fact that Got Some sucked something awful, and that in several interviews they've described the new tunes almost universally as short, punchy, punkish, no guitar leads, etc etc. None of it's iron clad. But if you can get all excited, I can get concerned. I'd rather have low expectations exceeded than have high hopes dashed with subpar albums... like the last 2 times around.
  • Options
    halszka123halszka123 Posts: 1,109
    It seems not only the title Backspacer PJ took from the turtle. The album would be quick like the animal, I mean quickly will finish...(36 minutes?) :roll:

Anyway - i can't wait for the half of hour and 6 minutes...
    Not 10c member? Have sth to say? write to me - I'll put it on the forum
    halszka123@op.pl
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    mach271 wrote:
    11 tracks 36 mins........

what a joke!

inflated EP IMO
    so I'm guessing yield was a joke and all the other short albums that pj has made. Seriously people will find anything to bitch about on here. Its pathetic really.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    nukebootnukeboot Posts: 1,465
    I'm going on the fact that Got Some sucked something awful,...But if you can get all excited, I can get concerned. I'd rather have low expectations exceeded than have high hopes dashed with subpar albums... like the last 2 times around.

I fully expect you to not like the new album.

Sad for you.
    EdSurfingSig_zpsgmyltito.jpg
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...
  • Options
    SpinningBombsSpinningBombs Posts: 270
    edited June 2009
    I refuse to let these negative posters (who find ANYTHING to bitch about) ruin my excitement.

The track list looks great, and the song descriptions sound amazing. I love shorter albums (Riot Act was a bit too long IMO). Afterall, Radiohead's 'In Rainbows' clocks in at about 42 mins. (I think?), and I find it to be the perfect length.

To those negative people out there who need to crap on everyone's excitement: Go away!

And, 'Got Some' rocks...so there.
    Post edited by SpinningBombs on
    "P-E-A-R-L J-A-M is priceless to me."
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    PJMosquito wrote:
    I refuse to let these negative posters (who find ANYTHING to bitch about) ruin my excitement.

The track list looks great, and the song descriptions sound amazing. I love shorter albums (Riot Act was a bit too long IMO). Afterall, Radiohead's 'In Rainbows' clocks in at about 37 mins. (I think?), and I find it to be the perfect length.

To those negative people out there who need to crap on everyone's excitement: Go away!

AFUCKINGMEN, AFUCKINGMEN
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    quelquefoisquelquefois Posts: 208
    PJMosquito wrote:

The track list looks great, and the song descriptions sound amazing. I love shorter albums (Riot Act was a bit too long IMO). Afterall, Radiohead's 'In Rainbows' clocks in at about 37 mins. (I think?), and I find it to be the perfect length.

YES! i am super pumped for the new album, and have high hopes that it will be 36 minutes that will kick my ass... seriously, between the daily bitching about Riot Act *SEVEN years after* the fact (see thread: How 'Riot Act' ruined my life"), and now all this bitching about an album WE HAVEN'T EVEN HEARD YET, this board is beginning to get a little tedious.
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,238
    Thanks for translating!!! I remember Ed sayin somewhere that on this record....they wanted to make music that would stand the test of time and be staples at SHOWS.

GONNA BE A GREAT REMAINDER OF THE YEAR into 2010
  • Options
    UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    So why would they name four songs w/ titles already used on other popular songs?
  • Options
    UpSideDown wrote:
    So why would they name four songs w/ titles already used on other popular songs?

I believe that its just a matter of coincidence. Pearl Jam has never been a band to change what they do in order to accommodate what others have already done. The songs on Backspacer will be Pearl Jam songs. I don't think that its any reason to fret...so don't :D
    "P-E-A-R-L J-A-M is priceless to me."
  • Options
    Murderers.Murderers. Posts: 1,382
    Pinkerton is only 34 minutes and it's one of the best of all time.

Either/Or is only 36 minutes and it's one of the best of all time.

The Queen is Dead is only 37 minutes and it's one of the best of all time.

Harvest is only 37 minutes and it's one of the best of all time.

Pink Moon is only 28 minutes and it's one of the best of all time.

You guys read into shit too much.
    What the fuck is this world?
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    Murderers wrote:

The Queen is Dead is only 37 minutes and it's one of the best of all time.

Harvest is only 37 minutes and it's one of the best of all time.

Pink Moon is only 28 minutes and it's one of the best of all time.

You guys read into shit too much.
    damn... named 4 of my all-time favorites there... well said... i love being able to put on an album and listen to the entire thing comfortably in one sitting... time is money people! i bet ya this thing is dense as hell with legit ROCK
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    edited June 2009
    All this means is a ton a B-sides,bring them on :):)
    Post edited by jamminpearls on
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    arthurdentarthurdent Posts: 969
    All this means is a tone a B-sides,bring them on :):)

wouldn't it be funny if these were the b-sides from s/t that Danny Clinch referred to in that interview way back when ;)
    Rock me Jesus, roll me Lord...
    Wash me in the blood of Rock & Roll
  • Options
    mattosbornemattosborne Posts: 339
    Even with the screen shots from the magazine, I'm very skeptical of this.

Supersonic & Force of Nature (Both Oasis song titles) and Speed of Sound (Coldplay title).

I could be terribly mistaken, but I really don't believe that PJ would do that.
    The Official Matt Cameron appreciation signature!
  • Options
    Back_PedalBack_Pedal Posts: 1,171
    PJMosquito wrote:

Radiohead's album was only 10 songs long, not 14.
    Thanks EPOTTSIII!
    "Vinyl or not, you will need to pay someone to take RA of your hands" - Smile05
    424, xxx
  • Options
    over bendsover bends Posts: 1,568
    Murderers wrote:

It most certainly is. In fact, Roman Candle sits at 30 minutes and the S/T is 37 minutes, and I regard those better than XO, Figure 8, and From a Basement which are 44, 52, and 57 minutes respectively. (Although all are insanely good). It's all in the quality and flow. Time has nothing to do with it. I'd rather no time wasted than it drag on for the sake of making an arbitrary time length.
    Yield!

3 Decibels Doubles the Volume