Boston Bruins

Comments

• jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    what a game tonight vs the Caps ... high on intensity, almost like a playoff game. B's really get tested every time they play them.

B's were pretty sloppy ... called for a penalty in the first thirty seconds of all 3 periods, ugh. But, Thomas with some huge saves and a OT winner from Krejci ... B's, keep on rollin'.

Let's go B's!!!

BostonBruinsBear2.GIF
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,120
    The BRUINS are tough and continue to win with great goaltending....http://nhl.fanhouse.com/2009/01/28/news ... inst-capi/

I caN'T WAIT TILL THEY GET DOWN HERE AND PLAY THE FLORIDA PANTHERS.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

Keep this train rolling baby!

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

....And they are STILL ROLLING, took down the Canadians again and the Devils. SHWEET!

Peace

g under p wrote:
    ....And they are STILL ROLLING, took down the Canadians again and the Devils. SHWEET!

Peace

aww man, this is old news ... beat Philly last night. Tonight against the Sens, had a 2 goal lead slip away in the third (you could tell the legs were tired from back to back nights) but tied it late ... and won it in the shoot out ... Thomas made some great saves, but, that's a nightly thing.

Philly again on Saturday.

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • jimed14 wrote:
    g under p wrote:

Peace

aww man, this is old news ... beat Philly last night. Tonight against the Sens, had a 2 goal lead slip away in the third (you could tell the legs were tired from back to back nights) but tied it late ... and won it in the shoot out ... Thomas made some great saves, but, that's a nightly thing.

Philly again on Saturday.

NHL_philadelphia_flyers_1.jpg
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    fair enough phantom pain ... but don't forget ...

Eastern Conference
    Team - GP - Pts
    1. * Boston 54 85
    2. * Washington 54 72
    3. * New Jersey 53 69
    4. Philadelphia 52 65

jimed14 wrote:

Eastern Conference
    Team - GP - Pts
    1. * Boston 54 85
    2. * Washington 54 72
    3. * New Jersey 53 69
    4. Philadelphia 52 65

I just ordered tickets to see the BRUINS on Feb 21st against the Panthers here South Florida. I think I'll play some hockey next week just experience some cold and get a great workout.

Peace

• jimed14 wrote:

Eastern Conference
    Team - GP - Pts
    1. * Boston 54 85
    2. * Washington 54 72
    3. * New Jersey 53 69
    4. Philadelphia 52 65

Let's be honest..it's all about the playoffs

You can be the 1st seed and get bounced in the 1st round
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    jimed14 wrote:

Eastern Conference
    Team - GP - Pts
    1. * Boston 54 85
    2. * Washington 54 72
    3. * New Jersey 53 69
    4. Philadelphia 52 65

Let's be honest..it's all about the playoffs

You can be the 1st seed and get bounced in the 1st round

True but this is really cool that the BRUINS are playing so well so far this year. Improving vastly over their play last year and bring yet another championship to BEANTOWN. Go BRUINS

Peace

I go away for a few days and come back to 4 stright losses ... ooof ...

and people winder why B's fans are cautiously optimistic.

Let's hope things turn for the better tomorrow night.

• RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    jimed14 wrote:
    I go away for a few days and come back to 4 stright losses ... ooof ...

and people winder why B's fans are cautiously optimistic.

Let's hope things turn for the better tomorrow night.
    That isn't what I winder. I winder why B's fans didn't exist last year ;)

On a lighter note - first time in a while that the charity positions actually match the points!
    B's fans have felt a little betrayed by an ownership that has been aiming at the bottom line over a championship team ... so, I'll give them a bit of a break when it comes to the past decade or so.

As for the current squad ... looked a little sloppy early on but a much needed win tonight over the canes ... special teams played well which is a really good sign ...

Anyone that saw tonight's B's v Habs game HAS to be hoping the Rangers take the 7 seed so the Bruins can take on the Canadiens in round one of the playoffs.

ok B's fans, where the heck are you? You can jump on the playoff bandwagon now.

• I WAS GOING CRAZY WATCHING THIS GAME TONIGHT!!!! as of now we have the habs in the first round... oh what a series
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • yellowporchyellowporch Posts: 510
    I WAS GOING CRAZY WATCHING THIS GAME TONIGHT!!!! as of now we have the habs in the first round... oh what a series

The game was nuts for sure. Luc and Thornton were everywhere- Wish we coulda beaten the habs in regulation but what a finish with patrice makin that hit and that sick pass!!!
    I hope to hell the BRUINS don't have to play the Canadians in the first round of the playoffs. Loved the game the other night though the B's gritted it out.

BEANTOWN ROCKS!

Peace

Well they're playing the Canadians and they faired well in a 4-2 win against those pesky Canadians.

Peace

g under p wrote:
    Well they're playing the Canadians and they faired well in a 4-2 win against those pesky Canadians.

Peace
    I was surprised that the Canadiens put up a fight. Few penalties, but it'd be nice to have the refs look in the other direction for a change.
    Rygar wrote:
    g under p wrote:

Peace
    I was surprised that the Canadiens put up a fight. Few penalties, but it'd be nice to have the refs look in the other direction for a change.

I thought the Habs' penalties were those of an undisciplined team. They were out in the wide open ... the cross check in front of the net, the elbowing wiht no one else around ... just stupid penalties, had nothing to do with the refs looking one way or the other, they were so obvious.

And the cheap little hit on Kessel after the empty netter ... kind of shows where this Canadiens team is ... they just aren't there.

Kovalev's goal was pretty sick though.

jimed14 wrote:
    Rygar wrote:
    g under p wrote:

Peace

I thought the Habs' penalties were those of an undisciplined team. They were out in the wide open ... the cross check in front of the net, the elbowing wiht no one else around ... just stupid penalties, had nothing to do with the refs looking one way or the other, they were so obvious.

And the cheap little hit on Kessel after the empty netter ... kind of shows where this Canadiens team is ... they just aren't there.

Kovalev's goal was pretty sick though.
    No argument there, although Hamrlik's tripping penalty on Lucic was total BS. The Bruins got away with a good number bit of elbows (mostly Lucic) and checks that would be called interference on another team.
    What cheap hit on Kessel?
    Rygar wrote:

Well after the empty net goal, LaPierre skated up to Kessel and started shit for no reason, a few jabs thrown ... just no reason for it other than sour grapes. Lucic came in and face washed him and they both got tossed.

jimed14 wrote:
    Rygar wrote:

Well after the empty net goal, LaPierre skated up to Kessel and started shit for no reason, a few jabs thrown ... just no reason for it other than sour grapes. Lucic came in and face washed him and they both got tossed.
    Ah, I missed it.
    I did see Tom the Bomb almost clip Hunwick with a clear elbow. Stupid move for a guy who's generally not a cheap shot artist.
    Some dirty shit from both teams, but that isn't too surprising.
    Rygar wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:
    Rygar wrote:

Ah, I missed it.
    I did see Tom the Bomb almost clip Hunwick with a clear elbow. Stupid move for a guy who's generally not a cheap shot artist.

Let's face it they DON'T like each other and as for the Canadians I can't stand them along with the Yankees and Redskins.

Peace

g under p wrote:
    Rygar wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:

Ah, I missed it.

Let's face it they DON'T like each other and as for the Canadians I can't stand them along with the Yankees and Redskins.

Peace
    Same goes for you goons, chump ;)
    NOT any more goonish than the Canadians. I do like their classic jerseys along with the other ORIGINAL 4.

Peace

g under p wrote:
    NOT any more goonish than the Canadians. I do like their classic jerseys along with the other ORIGINAL 4.

Peace
    Having Chara and Lucic on your team automatically makes you much more goonish than the CanadiEns.

The Bruins' classic jerseys do look pretty spiffy.
    I got one of the Kovy 1913 Habs' jerseys -...knockoff, so the color is a bit lighter, but it looks pretty tight.

http://shop.nhl.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3325404&cp=3169596&clickid=body_bestsell_txt
    Rygar wrote:
    g under p wrote:

Peace
    Having Chara and Lucic on your team automatically makes you much more goonish than the CanadiEns.

I got one of the Kovy 1913 Habs' jerseys -...knockoff, so the color is a bit lighter, but it looks pretty tight.

http://shop.nhl.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3325404&cp=3169596&clickid=body_bestsell_txt

Very nice, :) love jerseys with a string neckline.

Peace

g under p wrote:
    Rygar wrote:
    g under p wrote:

Peace

Very nice, :) love jerseys with a string neckline.

Peace
    Got the fight strap on it too. My buddy has the Bruins jersey but I can't remember if it's the classic or just the home jersey.
    Rygar wrote:
    g under p wrote:

Peace

as long as you don't get one of those god awful barber shop poll jerseys they were sporting this year, WTF was that about???

tsnmontrealjerseys.jpg