Options

Boston Bruins

Comments

• Options
    jmurrayjmurray Stratham, NH Posts: 3,538
    Rygar wrote:
    jmurray wrote:
    Good enough to keep him on the top line in place of Tanquay most of the series. What the hell was that about? Hickey the reporter from the Gazette said Laraque can hang on to the puck just doesn't know what to do with it.
    That was to keep Chara away from Kovalev, and it worked, but it was bizarrely over-used.

He had amazing success in drawing penalties from the Penguins, because they couldn't knock him down off the puck and would end up getting a hook, crosscheck, etc.

PS - it is good to have a hockey talk with an opposing team fan (Bruins no less!) that isn't entirely consisted of macho gloating.
    The buddy I've mentioned numerous times has had a good gloat streak this year. I didn't say a word to him over the last 2 playoff eliminations of Boston, or the 12 in a row streak ending game 2 this year. Karma will get him ;)

Still a little early to gloat to a Habs fan when the B's play-off record against them is like 8-25 lifetime.

I have a co-worker in Mississauga, originally from Montreal, I'd get the occasional e-mail last year and I gave it back a little this year, but mysteriously haven't heard from him since after game one.
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    jmurray wrote:

Still a little early to gloat to a Habs fan when the B's play-off record against them is like 8-25 lifetime.

I have a co-worker in Mississauga, originally from Montreal, I'd get the occasional e-mail last year and I gave it back a little this year, but mysteriously haven't heard from him since after game one.
    It's all about the present. I can take the razzing, everyone gets their day, hehehe
    8-24
  • Options
    pearljimpearljim Posts: 1,306
    Komisarek is starring in The Wrestler 2 as "The Gouger". Playing hard and face rubs ok, but he literally grabs at the face - WTF![/quote]
    Lucic is starring in Apollo 13 II as 'The Rocketman". Leaves his feet at every opportunity!

You say Komisarek stick a finger out while face washing and that makes him a gouger? Good one. Since the fash wash he was receiving left him with a such a good view.[/quote]

Yeah, I'm saying when a guy grabs at your face he's trying to grab something especially when it's in the face. He's not checking dental work and I don't think he's planning on blowing someones nose. So WTF is he grabbing for? Open palm is a face wash.....

Anyways the classless fans that threw garbage on the ice will get theirs I hope in that they chase Price out of Montreal and get someone worse in net.
    If you have a chance to make life better for others, and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.

Roberto Clemente.
  • Options
    pearljim wrote:

Yeah, I'm saying when a guy grabs at your face he's trying to grab something especially when it's in the face. He's not checking dental work and I don't think he's planning on blowing someones nose. So WTF is he grabbing for? Open palm is a face wash.....

Anyways the classless fans that threw garbage on the ice will get theirs I hope in that they chase Price out of Montreal and get someone worse in net.
    He wasn't grabbing for anything in particular. It's a face wash and a reach. Boo hoo. Keep the cryin' comin'.
  • Options
    Why would I cry, The Bruins Won, Komasarik got his ass kicked and the fans (that threw the garbage) are classless :)
    If you have a chance to make life better for others, and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.

Roberto Clemente.
  • Options
    pearljim wrote:
    Why would I cry, The Bruins Won, Komasarik got his ass kicked and the fans (that threw the garbage) are classless :)
    haha, he can't fight, that's a given, although I'd hardly call one punch an ass kicking
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    pearljim wrote:
    haha, he can't fight, that's a given, although I'd hardly call one punch an ass kicking

:) I'll give you that one.....

Roberto Clemente.
  • Options
    Looks like Ference will be ready by the start of round 2.
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    pearljim wrote:

I like your signature and the BRUINS roll on. Time to rest up for the next series and I hope it's another Original 6 the Rangers.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    g under p wrote:
    pearljim wrote:

I like your signature and the BRUINS roll on. Time to rest up for the next series and I hope it's another Original 6 the Rangers.

Peace
    I hope the rangers blow it against Washington.
  • Options
    Nice to see Thomas recognized as a Vezina Finalist, being 1st in GAA and save % makes a good case for him winning.
  • Options
    Let's Go BRUINS and win the Stanley Cup to close out the decade with ALL four BEANTOWN teams winning a Title.

Say has ANY city won a Title from ALL four of their sports teams

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    Thanks to San Jose and old friend Jumbo Joe, the road to the cup now comes thorugh Boston.
  • Options
    jmurray wrote:
    Thanks to San Jose and old friend Jumbo Joe, the road to the cup now comes thorugh Boston.
    I don't care how many points SJ amassed during the season, the best chance in the west was never them ;)
  • Options
    I never cheer for the Rangers but I would like to see the Bruins beat the heck out of em!

Now the Wings vs Anaheim has me worried. Anaheim is playing great hockey and if the refs let the D of Anaheim have their way in front of their net Detroit will be in trouble. Should be a good series......

Roberto Clemente.
  • Options
    pearljim wrote:
    I never cheer for the Rangers but I would like to see the Bruins beat the heck out of em!

Now the Wings vs Anaheim has me worried. Anaheim is playing great hockey and if the refs let the D of Anaheim have their way in front of their net Detroit will be in trouble. Should be a good series......
    Ah yes, the ol' "legal elbow" of Anaheim.
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Rygar wrote:
    jmurray wrote:
    I don't care how many points SJ amassed during the season, the best chance in the west was never them ;)

I actually called this over on BRY ... called it a coin flip before the searies and then stated the Ducks would win it after game 1 ... The Sharks just played like CRAP the last week or so of the playoffs.

Roenick had some interesting comments about Thornton heading into game 6 ... I'm beginning to think Joe Thornton is the NHL's version of Patrick Ewing ... (or perhaps Tracy McGrady) ...

As for the B's ... they find out tonight who their round two opponent is, still could be one of three teams.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    If the refs call penalties on Pronger cross checking Holmstrom/Franzen/Cleary 1/2 as many times than they should Detroit will be OK.

That being said I do miss the old hockey at playoff time where you had to be missing a limb for a penalty to be called in overtime and that you never saw a 5-3 in the playoffs :)

Anyone wanna give me odds on Detroit having a goal waived because they say Holmstrom:
    a) Had his ass in Hiller's face
    b) His big toe touched the blue
    c) Farted in the general direction of Hiller

Roberto Clemente.
  • Options
    Canes not the same team as the last regular season meeting. I still say Bruins in 6.
  • Options
    jmurray wrote:
    Canes not the same team as the last regular season meeting. I still say Bruins in 6.

they were one of the hotter teams coming into the playoffs ... hopefully they'll have a NJ hangover (although, they way they won, they will be riding upbeat emotions).

Still, I didn't see anything in that series that the Bruins couldn't handle. Hope the layoff doesn't have them coming out cold.

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    oh, and by the way ... a big F.U. to VS. ...

Of the first 4 games, only one is being shown in its entirety (game 2 this Sunday), and that's only because NBC is showing the Anaheim v Detroit game during the day ... all the other games will be joined in progress.

http://www.versus.com/nhlschedule

Watching the NHL network, it seems the B's v Canes series is #4 on the importance list judging by their "NHL on the Fly" playoff preview ... the B's were not mentioned until 30 minutes into the hour long program (mentioned last of the 8 teams left, and after showing the Canes series highlights TWICE), they spoke about them for 2 minutes (literally), then it was back to the great Ovechkin Crosby suck off.

Hopefully Julien can pull a page out of Belichick's "we get no respect" playbook all the way to the cup.

• Options
    I gotta tell ya - I HATE, HATE Bettman.....The VS deal is a joke and his Crosby infatuation is only going to get Crosby hated more and more. I hope Ovechkin cleans his clock.

As for the Bruins, I'm thinking they'll win in 6, Wings in 7, Washington in 7 (Bettman factor will be good for at least 1 game for Pittsburgh), and I want Vancouver but I think Chicago in 6.

Roberto Clemente.
  • Options
    yellowporchyellowporch Posts: 510
    pearljim wrote:
    I gotta tell ya - I HATE, HATE Bettman.....The VS deal is a joke and his Crosby infatuation is only going to get Crosby hated more and more. I hope Ovechkin cleans his clock.

As for the Bruins, I'm thinking they'll win in 6, Wings in 7, Washington in 7 (Bettman factor will be good for at least 1 game for Pittsburgh), and I want Vancouver but I think Chicago in 6.

I'd have to agree with your picks...maybe the Bruins in 7 though- The Canes, as you said earlier, are hot. They have a great goaltender between the pipes right now (as does Boston) and Chara may have a harder time picking on Staal with their new pickups. I can't wait for it to start.
  • Options
    pearljim wrote:

Agree with 3 out of 4 ... I've got Vancouver making it to the finals.

• Options
    pearljim wrote:

I don't think the NHL had any other option except friggin versus. ESPN didn't want them back.
  • Options
    when both series are in the same time zone, why not have the local start times be 6:45 for one game and 8:15 for the other? Gives you an hour and a half or so of additional hockey.

btw ... I know the answer ... this would cut into the amount of Center Ice playoff packages sold ... let's all pray to the all mighty dollar yet again.

• Options
    jimed14 wrote:
    oh, and by the way ... a big F.U. to VS. ...

Of the first 4 games, only one is being shown in its entirety (game 2 this Sunday), and that's only because NBC is showing the Anaheim v Detroit game during the day ... all the other games will be joined in progress.

http://www.versus.com/nhlschedule

Watching the NHL network, it seems the B's v Canes series is #4 on the importance list judging by their "NHL on the Fly" playoff preview ... the B's were not mentioned until 30 minutes into the hour long program (mentioned last of the 8 teams left, and after showing the Canes series highlights TWICE), they spoke about them for 2 minutes (literally), then it was back to the great Ovechkin Crosby suck off.

Hopefully Julien can pull a page out of Belichick's "we get no respect" playbook all the way to the cup.

I must figure out where the hell versus is ALL these cable channels now that I'm back home in the DC Metro area. The BRUINS need to keep the string of Beantown championships alive and complete the cycle of ALL four major sports team with a title in this decade.

Peace

• Options
    I don't think the NHL had any other option except friggin versus. ESPN didn't want them back.[/quote]

Not true. ESPN offered less money than VS but jeez I gotta believe ESPN goes out to 10 times as many households!!!

Roberto Clemente.
  • Options
    pearljim wrote:
    I don't think the NHL had any other option except friggin versus. ESPN didn't want them back.

Not true. ESPN offered less money than VS but jeez I gotta believe ESPN goes out to 10 times as many households!!![/quote]

Just didn't seem like the ESPN was ever serious about reaching a deal back then, poor Barry Melrose. I understand the ratings were up for the 1st round, maybe the NHL and ESPN can come to some kind of agreement whenever the VS deal is up. Although, bull riding as a lead-in to the game is pretty sweet.
  • Options
    I just don't understand something why can't VS broadcast the BRUINS game tonight?

Peace