Options

Boston Bruins

Comments

• Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    yellowporchyellowporch Posts: 510
    jimed14 wrote:

all 3 of them are hilarious-
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    jimed14 wrote:
    Rygar wrote:
    g under p wrote:
    NOT any more goonish than the Canadians. I do like their classic jerseys along with the other ORIGINAL 4.

Peace
    Having Chara and Lucic on your team automatically makes you much more goonish than the CanadiEns.

The Bruins' classic jerseys do look pretty spiffy.
    I got one of the Kovy 1913 Habs' jerseys -...knockoff, so the color is a bit lighter, but it looks pretty tight.

http://shop.nhl.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3325404&cp=3169596&clickid=body_bestsell_txt

as long as you don't get one of those god awful barber shop poll jerseys they were sporting this year, WTF was that about???

tsnmontrealjerseys.jpg
    History is history, despite what it looks like...
    Oh, I'd like to point out to all you Bruins fans that you now know where the Maple Leaf's "got" their logo....

And that youtube vid was pretty funny :P
  • Options
    hey, that Michael Ryder guy is pretty good, I'll bet the Habs wish they had a guy like that .... oh, uh ....

And Byron Bitz getting an assist in his first ever playoff game filling in for Lucic ... well done

Hopefully they can finish it off on Wednesday.

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    jimed14 wrote:
    hey, that Michael Ryder guy is pretty good, I'll bet the Habs wish they had a guy like that .... oh, uh ....

And Byron Bitz getting an assist in his first ever playoff game filling in for Lucic ... well done

Montreal had to let him go.
    He blew last year, and Carbo damaged the relationship between him and the team. He needed a new environment anyway, he would have stunk the place up again if he resigned with the Habs.
    You still overpaid for him.
  • Options
    jmurrayjmurray Stratham, NH Posts: 3,538
    Rygar wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:

He blew last year, and Carbo damaged the relationship between him and the team. He needed a new environment anyway, he would have stunk the place up again if he resigned with the Habs.

Overpaid? Look at Ryder's stats and salary versus Kovalev. Didn't Carbo think Ryder was a defensive liability? This year he was a +28. We're glad to have him.
  • Options
    jmurray wrote:
    Rygar wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:

Overpaid? Look at Ryder's stats and salary versus Kovalev. Didn't Carbo think Ryder was a defensive liability? This year he was a +28. We're glad to have him.
    Kovalev being overpaid every second year doesn't make Ryder less overpaid.....look at his stats and salary last year. And did you just say Ryder has more talent than Kovalev? Look at Kovalev's linemates for 90% of the year, and then again the last 10%.
    And you missed the point anyway. If he was in Montreal again this year he'd have stunk again. He was liked by the fans and the team (most, at least) so we're glad to see him succeeding, even if it with you clowns.
  • Options
    pearljimpearljim Posts: 1,306
    Rygar wrote:
    g under p wrote:
    NOT any more goonish than the Canadians. I do like their classic jerseys along with the other ORIGINAL 4.

Peace
    Having Chara and Lucic on your team automatically makes you much more goonish than the CanadiEns.

I got one of the Kovy 1913 Habs' jerseys -...knockoff, so the color is a bit lighter, but it looks pretty tight.

http://shop.nhl.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3325404&cp=3169596&clickid=body_bestsell_txt

Komisarek is starring in The Wrestler 2 as "The Gouger". Playing hard and face rubs ok, but he literally grabs at the face - WTF!

GO WINGS! GO BRUINS!
    If you have a chance to make life better for others, and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.

Roberto Clemente.
  • Options
    pearljim wrote:
    Rygar wrote:
    g under p wrote:

Peace

Komisarek is starring in The Wrestler 2 as "The Gouger". Playing hard and face rubs ok, but he literally grabs at the face - WTF!
    Lucic is starring in Apollo 13 II as 'The Rocketman". Leaves his feet at every opportunity!

You say Komisarek stick a finger out while face washing and that makes him a gouger? Good one. Since the fash wash he was receiving left him with a such a good view.
  • Options
    Ryder and Krejci coming up big so far in game 4.

• Options
    jimed14 wrote:

Excellent play on the second goal. Looks like they weathered the storm at the end of the period to keep it 2-1.
  • Options
    jimed14 wrote:
    Even if the Habs were able to maintain that consistency they wouldn't stand much of a chance with our defense clocking out.
    I hope Grabovski (leafs) gets absolutely pummeled first game next season for taking out Markov.
  • Options
    PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    They don't look very happy do they? :mrgreen:

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • Options
    They don't look very happy do they? :mrgreen:
    You have no idea what hockey is, do you?
  • Options
    watching a replay of the game, wow ... Kessel was so offsides on the third goal (the one where he came out of the penalty box) ... I mean, it was a fast moving play ... but, he was offsides by a few feet.

• Options
    jimed14 wrote:
    watching a replay of the game, wow ... Kessel was so offsides on the third goal (the one where he came out of the penalty box) ... I mean, it was a fast moving play ... but, he was offsides by a few feet.
    Thank frick a Boston fan caught this.
    I was laughing my ass off, and my buddy (boston fan) was naturally telling me he wasn't.
    I saw three replays that made him look way offside, but no one said anything on the bench, announcers, or the Montreal forums so I figured I just wasn't seeing it right.
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:
    I was laughing my ass off, and my buddy (boston fan) was naturally telling me he wasn't.
    I saw three replays that made him look way offside, but no one said anything on the bench, announcers, or the Montreal forums so I figured I just wasn't seeing it right.

NESN picked it up down here and showed a replay later in the game.
  • Options
    jmurray wrote:
    Rygar wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:

NESN picked it up down here and showed a replay later in the game.
    My buddy said he was agreeing me with afterall, I thought he was being sarcastic.

Who you hoping to face next?
  • Options
    Who you hoping to face next?[/quote]

Was hoping for the Rangers, but Lundqvist has been damn good. I honestly think they're the best team in the east. Good goaltending and real deep, not many teams can consistently roll all 4 lines. I'm just glad to watch a real good team for a change because it's been a very very long time in the making.

Koivu pretty much just said if he's not signed by July 1st he's gone.
  • Options
    jmurray wrote:

Was hoping for the Rangers, but Lundqvist has been damn good. I honestly think they're the best team in the east. Good goaltending and real deep, not many teams can consistently roll all 4 lines. I'm just glad to watch a real good team for a change because it's been a very very long time in the making.

Where'd you see/hear that?
    I will miss that guy. Heart & Soul.
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    jmurray wrote:

http://www.habsinsideout.com/
  • Options
    jmurray wrote:
    Rygar wrote:
    jmurray wrote:

http://www.habsinsideout.com/
    Thanks for the link. I can understand his sentiments. Also glad to hear Kovy wants to stay. Tanguay having surgery, I don't expect him to resign as he's making a lot more than he's playing over the last 2 seasons.
    Komisarek doesn't sound too reassuring, lol.

And as far as you guys go, you definitely have potential and a real shot. I think the B's need to play a little more disciplined depending on your opponent as you got away with a lot of calls against Montreal. If you run up against the ice chickens you're going to be shorthanded a lot.
    It'll be harder, too, going up against a team with a defensive core, but given the 'johnny on the spot' sort of luck and positioning you have had all year, you never know.
  • Options
    Komisarek probably looking out west to get away from Lucic. lol

B's gonna have to fit Krejci and Kessel in under the cap which will likely go down.
  • Options
    jmurray wrote:

B's gonna have to fit Krejci and Kessel in under the cap which will likely go down.
    I thought the cap decrease was 2010-2011?
    nah, Komisarek isn't scared of Lucic. I do wish he'd stop trying to fight him though, and let Georges take care of it. Injured all year because of that.
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    jmurray wrote:

nah, Komisarek isn't scared of Lucic. I do wish he'd stop trying to fight him though, and let Georges take care of it. Injured all year because of that.

Hope you're right about the cap decrease.

Georges not ready for lucic after being TKO'd by Bergeron thundering lefts, in his first and hopefully last NHL fight.
  • Options
    jmurray wrote:
    Rygar wrote:
    jmurray wrote:

Hope you're right about the cap decrease.

Georges not ready for lucic after being TKO'd by Bergeron thundering lefts, in his first and hopefully last NHL fight.
    Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa!!!
    GEORGES, not Gorges ;)

Gorges shouldn't be fighting anyone.
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    jmurray wrote:

GEORGES, not Gorges ;)

by Georges you mean Laraque? help me out here
  • Options
    jmurray wrote:
    Rygar wrote:
    jmurray wrote:

GEORGES, not Gorges ;)

by Georges you mean Laraque? help me out here
    Yeah ;)

Speaking of, he played really well against you guys...for him, anyway.
  • Options
    Speaking of, he played really well against you guys...for him, anyway.[/quote]

Good enough to keep him on the top line in place of Tanquay most of the series. What the hell was that about? Hickey the reporter from the Gazette said Laraque can hang on to the puck just doesn't know what to do with it.
  • Options
    jmurray wrote:
    Good enough to keep him on the top line in place of Tanquay most of the series. What the hell was that about? Hickey the reporter from the Gazette said Laraque can hang on to the puck just doesn't know what to do with it.
    That was to keep Chara away from Kovalev, and it worked, but it was bizarrely over-used.

He had amazing success in drawing penalties from the Penguins, because they couldn't knock him down off the puck and would end up getting a hook, crosscheck, etc.

PS - it is good to have a hockey talk with an opposing team fan (Bruins no less!) that isn't entirely consisted of macho gloating.
    The buddy I've mentioned numerous times has had a good gloat streak this year. I didn't say a word to him over the last 2 playoff eliminations of Boston, or the 12 in a row streak ending game 2 this year. Karma will get him ;)