Options

Boston Bruins

Comments

• Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    jimed14 wrote:
    it's ok ... we're cool with that.

oh, and skunked again last night. Tim Thomas was standing on his head all night and the B's couldn't get him one effin' goal ... not even in the shootout. oy.
    Ol Timmy the Tuna looks like he's getting shot every time he moves.
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Rygar wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:

oh, and skunked again last night. Tim Thomas was standing on his head all night and the B's couldn't get him one effin' goal ... not even in the shootout. oy.

and yet, still in the top 3 or 4 in Goals Against and Save Percentage.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    jimed14 wrote:
    Rygar wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:

You mean top 9 or 10?
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:

You mean top 9 or 10?

3rd in Goals against.
    5th in Save %
    1st in shutouts

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/stats;_ylt= ... zkJGt7vLYF

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    jimed14 wrote:
    Rygar wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:

You mean top 9 or 10?

3rd in Goals against.
    5th in Save %
    1st in shutouts

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/stats;_ylt= ... zkJGt7vLYF
    Oh, "non-qualifiers" pollute the list ;)
    Vokoun's got as many SO's (courtesy of your team, too!)

If only his stats put him in a respectable position on the win column!
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:

well, the afore mentioned scoring issues are killing them ... Traded Kessel to start the season and then lost Savard and Lucic. That's about 200 points from last year that aren't on the ice. Just need to stay close until the new year.

• Options
    jimed14 wrote:
    Rygar wrote:

well, the afore mentioned scoring issues are killing them ... Traded Kessel to start the season and then lost Savard and Lucic. That's about 200 points from last year that aren't on the ice. Just need to stay close until the new year.
    I hear ya on the injury front, although I don't think my woes will improve any when I get my players back.

I was really hoping Kessel would bomb in Toronto, alas, I'll have to settle for Komisarek bombing instead.
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Watching the Bs against the Devils this early afternoon on black friday.

nice .

by the way. those are very cool uniforms you Bruins are sporting today,
    very nice !
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Watching the Bs against the Devils this early afternoon on black friday.

nice .

by the way. those are very cool uniforms you Bruins are sporting today,
    very nice !

I love the Friday after Thanksgiving afternoon game tradition for the B's ... myself, I was on a beach in Cabo, another tradition that I started this year that I like.

• Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,127
    Marc Savard scoring 3 goals tonight that messed up Kessel's return to Beantown with a 7-2 crushing of the Leafs. Nice to see the Bruins rule the night. The Bruins are playing much better now that they appear to be healthy.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    The B's have won 7 of their last 10 ...

shhhh.jpg

• Options
    g under p wrote:
    Marc Savard scoring 3 goals tonight that messed up Kessel's return to Beantown with a 7-2 crushing of the Leafs. Nice to see the Bruins rule the night. The Bruins are playing much better now that they appear to be healthy.

Peace
    They weren't healthy on Friday?
  • Options
    weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,279
    Rygar wrote:
    g under p wrote:

Peace

friday was ugly, but hopefully that's the last we see of that team
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    g under p wrote:

Peace

friday was ugly, but hopefully that's the last we see of that team
    Mine or yours? :P
  • Options
    Looks like I'll be skating at fenway next weekend :D
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    Looks like I'll be skating at fenway next weekend :D

sweet, what a perspective that will be
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    In a 5-2 win the Bruins almost squandered a 3 goal lead as Mark Recchi is on fire with 2 goals. He said, "3 goal leads are the worst, we were OK for 2 periods. In the 3rd thy came out and we weren't ready for it. It's nice that we responded after they did come back.'

Great goaltending, the B's improve to 8-1-1 in the last 10 games and took over first place in the Northeast Div.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    The Bruins hot streak with scoring goals has picked up with the play of David Krejci. The center seems to be getting stronger every game including tonight against the Islanders. He's scored once tonight in a 2-2 game in the 3rd.

BostonBruinsBear2.GIF

Let's Go BRUINS!

Peace

• Options
    BTW The Bruins with 6 games with the Maple Leafs need to win them all keeping their record a dismal as possible. The Bruins own the Leafs first round pick, Leafs currently in last place of the Northeast with 27 points who are losing to the Caps tonight.

Peace

• Options
    Big road game tonight against the Leafs, need to come up huge.

Peace

• Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    down 1-0 on a fluke goal

come on Beaners
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    Nice win in OT!!!

capt.eab0c429e7884b64b7c59a000ff2f3cf.winter_classic_hockey_bxf142.jpg

• Options

• Options
    Thorns2010Thorns2010 Posts: 2,199
    I'm looking forward to having a Winter Classic here in Minnesota soon.

We have 2 new outdoor stadiums to choose from.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,202
    jimed14 wrote:

Wow awesome pics! great game, wish the Flyers would have won, but at least they got a point out of it.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,474
    Thorns2010 wrote:

yea but do u have a bigtime rival? That seems to be the key ingredient in landing one of those
  • Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    Thorns2010 wrote:

yea but do u have a bigtime rival? That seems to be the key ingredient in landing one of those
    You figure the people in Minnesota would be pissed at the people in Dallas...
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    Thorns2010Thorns2010 Posts: 2,199
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    Thorns2010 wrote:

I don't follow hockey that closely, but I would say that the Vancouver Canucks are the closest the Wild have to a rival. I know the 2 teams don't like each other 1 bit!
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,663
    That game kicked ass @ Fenway! :) With under 3 minutes to go in the 3rd, a sweet goal by my Bruins. Then in OT, another won Bruins experience.
  • Options
    another top notch job by the officials during a bruins game last night :evil: