rockpantsrockpants BC Posts: 838
    WOOOOOOO!

Way to go, Oilers!
  • Options
    holy shit! congrats oiler fans!!! :)
  • Options
    Cree NationsCree Nations Posts: 2,247
    OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MMMMMMMMMYYYYYYYYYYYYY

shaweet huggidy booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!

Stevie Y was amazing and I do feel for him but oh my OOOOOOHHHHH MMMYYY.
    discuss
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009
  • Options
    small town becksmall town beck Posts: 6,691
    Oh Yeah!!!! Way to go Oilers!!!

:D:D:D
  • Options
    OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MMMMMMMMMYYYYYYYYYYYYY

shaweet huggidy booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!

Stevie Y was amazing and I do feel for him but oh my OOOOOOHHHHH MMMYYY.
    discuss

no question yzerman is the man...one of the greatest of all time. i do love the "upset" though...even though many people called it. especially when the upset is the oilers winning like that! :)

i wonder if the "y" will be back, or will he retire and wait for his automatic induction? i have to admit i did feel a little bad for him...especially at the end when he was on the bench and the cameraman decided to focus in on his eyes...
  • Options
    Thumbing My WayThumbing My Way Posts: 1,073
    WoW!!!!!!!!

What a hockey game!!!!!

4 goals in the 3rd!!!

That's what playoff hockey is all about right there....that's was just great!!!
    "I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • Options
    EarthgirlEarthgirl Posts: 695
    OH MY GOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just came back from the pub.. and man oh man.. Im living in Flames country now.. and there were so many Oilers fans it was unreal.. even the Flames fans were congratulating us.. I was wearing my vintage jersey with pride.. holy shit Pissani.. the Italian community must be just fucking drunk by now.. there's going to be a new pizza in town named after him.. I know it.. and Hemske.. he just have got in big time shit in the locker room after the stupid ass shit he was doing in the first period.. because he came back like Ive never seen before.. and wow.. that's the thing with the young guys.. they've got all the energy and fight in them.. and Steve.. yah, I kind of feel bad.. but he's had his day quite a bit.
    holy shite.. I love Rolly now.. he can stay.. you know what this means.. and extra million a game for the Oilers.. maybe we can get some kick ass players for next year.. not that we dont have any now.. but you know what I mean..
    im just on this great big high right now.. not since 98 have we been in this position.. it's great..
    way to go OILERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    yes.. that is what hockey is all about.. man what an exciting game.. the Oilers are so fun to watch ! what an exciting series.. wow.. im in heaven right now.. my phone is ringing off the hook.. all my Oiler friends in Edmonton are calling.. I love it.. it's so great.. ;)
  • Options
    Earthgirl wrote:
    OH MY GOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .. holy shit Pissani.. the Italian community must be just fucking drunk by now.. there's going to be a new pizza in town named after himquote]

awesome
    I think it would be a double pepperoni with a side of HEEEMMMSSKKYY!!!
    >>>>
    >

• Options
    prljamgirlprljamgirl Edmonton, AB Posts: 602
    Well...I just got back from the game and it was an amazing one! My ears are ringing and I have no voice...and it was probably the best game I've ever been to!!!
    Go Oilers!!!!!! Can't wait for series #2 to start!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
  • Options
    I wish eye was home but i will take solace knowing that the Entire fooking city has our backs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    gooilgo
    >>>>
    >

• Options
    polarispolaris Posts: 3,527
    awesome game!! ... 'bout time hemsky did something ... go oil!
  • Options
    polaris wrote:
    awesome game!! ... 'bout time hemsky did something ... go oil!

fricking rights, he must have got in shit in the locker room after period one.. he's always trying to do fancy shit, he needs to just play.
  • Options
    rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,917
    Earthgirl wrote:
    even the Flames fans were congratulating us..

Now you guys can return the favour ... We need all the support we can get for tonight.
  • Options
    Now you guys can return the favour ... We need all the support we can get for tonight.

Im here for you buddy! I just dont know if my heart can take a battle of Alberta ! Ill have to dry out for weeks and save up a lot of money for beer and wings. :) you know.. of course I want the Oilers to win.. but if either team makes it Ill be happy.. I mean.. hey, it's Alberta. It's Canada.. its time to bring the cup home !
  • Options
    genevievegenevieve Posts: 1,203
    Between a tight budget and the baby looming ahead I think all I will be
    doing is watching hockey at home. No more playoff games. But man
    th one I did get to go to was insane. We were supposed to go to the
    game on monday but had another engagement to attend so swapped
    for the previous thursday. But the game was on at the party the whole time.
    It was an end of tax season party for an accountant firm.
    Ive never seen a room of accountants go nuts like that before!:D

A battle of alberta might send my blood pressure through the roof.
    Well see tonight.
    the person below me smells like cat pee and raisins...
  • Options
    Earthgirl wrote:
    Im here for you buddy! I just dont know if my heart can take a battle of Alberta ! Ill have to dry out for weeks and save up a lot of money for beer and wings. :) you know.. of course I want the Oilers to win.. but if either team makes it Ill be happy.. I mean.. hey, it's Alberta. It's Canada.. its time to bring the cup home !

Thanks!
    :)
    I don't know if my heart can take it either, but it sure beats losing to the Ducks.
  • Options
    Because you just moved to the Cow area, I can forgive this....
    But I have a problem with all the people that jumped off the wagon last year to cheer for the Flames. When we missed the playoffs for five (?)years straight, they rubbed our noses in it. When we almost lost our team, how many letters did you read from Flamers saying that Alberta would be better off with one team, and that the Flames were ALberta's team anyway?

I don't understand the mentality of cheering for your team's arch rival. If the Oil advance and the Flames go out, I don't expect any Flame fans to cheer for us....they shouldn't IMO.

The worst part is, there are people driving around Edmonton with both Flame and Oiler flags flying from their cars. WTF? I say again WTF?????

I don't really care who wins tonight's game. A BOA would be sweet, but I only care about the Oil making the Conference final....Kiprusoff makes me nervous, but so does Thorton/Cheechoo....so whatever. I'll cheer for Calgary if someone runs Kipper and takes him out ;)

oh dear.... Of course I am a die hard Oiler's fan.. but Im all about the love and sharing it.. so my personality runs over into other things.. even my love for the Oil. I would love nothing more then for the Flames to lose their game tonight.. and I am by no means in any way a band wagon jumper... or a Flames fan. can I win back your friendship ;)
    Half of our block here is split with the Oil and the Flames because i live in an Oil rig town.. all the boys here come from Nisku or Leduc.. Oil country.. but it's fun.. we all heckle each other and laugh about it..
    cheers to the Oilers !!
    Pissani for Mayor !! no wait.. Ryan Smyth for Mayor !!! I can't decide. :)
  • Options
    Because you just moved to the Cow area, I can forgive this....
    But I have a problem with all the people that jumped off the wagon last year to cheer for the Flames. When we missed the playoffs for five (?)years straight, they rubbed our noses in it. When we almost lost our team, how many letters did you read from Flamers saying that Alberta would be better off with one team, and that the Flames were ALberta's team anyway?

I don't understand the mentality of cheering for your team's arch rival. If the Oil advance and the Flames go out, I don't expect any Flame fans to cheer for us....they shouldn't IMO.

The worst part is, there are people driving around Edmonton with both Flame and Oiler flags flying from their cars. WTF? I say again WTF?????

I don't really care who wins tonight's game. A BOA would be sweet, but I only care about the Oil making the Conference final....Kiprusoff makes me nervous, but so does Thorton/Cheechoo....so whatever. I'll cheer for Calgary if someone runs Kipper and takes him out ;)

Hey, I am actually in agreement with you, mostly. I don't plan on cheering for the Oilers at all. However, I think Earthgirl is a really nice person, like a lot of other Oilers fans. There's nothing wrong with showing some respect for an archrival. I wish we had your goal scorers. You (if you know anything about hockey) wish you had our defense and goaltender.
  • Options
    YieldInHidingYieldInHiding Posts: 1,840
    What did my Minnesota Wild give up for Roli the Goalie?? Anyway, you can thank us later. :)
    No longer overwhelmed it seems so simple now.
  • Options
    Hey, I am actually in agreement with you, mostly. I don't plan on cheering for the Oilers at all. However, I think Earthgirl is a really nice person, like a lot of other Oilers fans. There's nothing wrong with showing some respect for an archrival. I wish we had your goal scorers. You (if you know anything about hockey) wish you had our defense and goaltender.

and thanks for thinking im a nice person.. I try. :) hugs for you. And yes.. I do know a bit about hockey ;) .. and I think if Sutter was smart he would have made a trade at the trade dead line.. I bet he is kicking himself for that now.. yah... only having one top goal scorer.. or maybe two.. sucks. It's nice ,we have at least 5 guys who are 20 plus goal scorers. too bad we couldnt combine the teams eh...
    cheers to you reborn !
  • Options
    Well, well well.
    :D
    Goodbye Flames, I really can't say I am sad to see you go. When I think of the Flames I get excited but it's an excitement rooted in rivalry and partly hatred. Sure a battle of Alberta may have been exciting but Im with Eddie regarding Kipper, he kinda scared me but that being so I would still take Rollie over Kip any day of the week. He shone a helluva lot brighter than Kipper during the playoffs (and that also goes for our defensive play vs Calgarys ;))
    The red mile is now the mile of tears.

Go Oileres Go.....Sunday at 8 Eastern.

It's gonna be a gooder.
    >>>>
    >

• Options
    it's all on you guys now! go oilers! i was looking forward to a possible flames and oilers matchup at some point, so that's disappointing, but let's hope calgary fans can get behind edmonton fans like some of the oilers fans did two years ago. most of us out here couldn't care less about ottawa - so oilers...just win baby! :D
  • Options
    it's all on you guys now! go oilers! i was looking forward to a possible flames and oilers matchup at some point, so that's disappointing, but let's hope calgary fans can get behind edmonton fans like some of the oilers fans did two years ago. most of us out here couldn't care less about ottawa - so oilers...just win baby! :D

Yes the matchup would have been good for Alberta as a whole but I still feel a bit funny about diehard Calgary fans cheering for the Oil. I think the Ottawa-Buffalo series is going to be a good one.
    >>>>
    >

• Options
    yeah, ottawa buffalo should a really good one. i really hope ottawa doesn't make it to the cup...or if they do, they get trounced by the oilers! :D that would be awesome!
  • Options
    Banana-RamaBanana-Rama Posts: 108
    Let's hope the Oilers can kick some Shark ass :D (I like the Sharks but I like the Oil more)
    "If you should die before me, ask if you could bring a friend" - STP

"Frugality without creativity is deprivation." - Amy Dacyczyn

Proud Supporter of the CAROLINA HURRICANES. GO CANES GO!!!
  • Options
    I was at the pub last night watching the flaming toilet seats and I felt embarrased for them...did anyone even come to play besides Kipper? Maybe Sutter should have done some trades at the deadline. It really does pay to have a better offence... as one could tell last night. Another thing I noticed last night... about half way through the 2nd period half the pub left.. if you were in Edmonton in a pub, the fans would have stayed till the end whether they were winning or not.
    GO OILERS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    MCGMCG Posts: 780
    Awful effort by the Flames last night, geez that was bad...

So no battle of Alberta to watch :( the oil did their part. SJ vs EDM should be a great series though, Rolie will have to remain in top form. The trap won't get it done against the Sharks though, they don't live for the kind of structure the Wings do, look for the Oilers to go back to the bang-crash forcheck they are known for. I'm looking for Torres to step up this series and Hemskey to continue his hot streak. Tarnstrom needs a kick in the ass though, I think he's still shaking off playing in PIT all year. If Rolie and Pronger can stop Thornton, Cheechoo and Marleau this could potentially be a quick series.
    Which came first,
    the bad idea or me befallen by it?
  • Options
    Well, well well.
    :D
    Goodbye Flames, I really can't say I am sad to see you go. When I think of the Flames I get excited but it's an excitement rooted in rivalry and partly hatred. Sure a battle of Alberta may have been exciting but Im with Eddie regarding Kipper, he kinda scared me but that being so I would still take Rollie over Kip any day of the week. He shone a helluva lot brighter than Kipper during the playoffs (and that also goes for our defensive play vs Calgarys ;))
    The red mile is now the mile of tears.

Go Oileres Go.....Sunday at 8 Eastern.

It's gonna be a gooder.

I'll be back to this thread to gloat when the Oilers get eliminated ... And it will happen.
    Defensive play against Calgary? When? 5 and 3, I believe you guys were. :)
  • Options
    Yes the matchup would have been good for Alberta as a whole but I still feel a bit funny about diehard Calgary fans cheering for the Oil. I think the Ottawa-Buffalo series is going to be a good one.

Well I won't be cheering for them, if it makes you feel any better.