Options

Edmonton Oilers

Comments

• Options
    EarthgirlEarthgirl Posts: 695
    holy crap.. what an exciting game if I ever saw one.. it reminded of that Montreal game back in 88 or 89.. remember that.. it went to 3am or something like that?
    and holy crap!!!!! Shawn Horcoff who is from my home town of Trail BC made the winner!!!!! wooooooooo hooooooooo.. the game is officially back on.. look out Sharks, you're going to get eaten.
  • Options
    EarthgirlEarthgirl Posts: 695
    wow

a few comments:

I don't think Laraques hit was worth a major. It was def. a penalty, but a double minor would have sufficed. Cheechoo saw him coming and didn't do anything to brace himself - kept his back to the play trying to draw the penalty. That doesn't mean you can ram his head into the boards, but it should have some bearing on the call. I'd have been happy with laraque if it was a double minor....get that fucker thinking.

Rolli's glove save on Cheechoo in 2OT saved our season. Best save I've seen in years.....can you say TSN turning point? :D That save could be the turning point of the series.

Ryan Smyth is one tough mutha. Canadian hockey personified.

Ethan Moreau is a machine....if he didn't have stone hands he'd have scored five last night.

Ales Hemsky is still a pansy.

What an amazing hockey game....end to end the whole OT...even when we were outshooting them horribly, it seemed close.

That was the game the Oilers needed to bring. If they do it again Thurs, it's a whole new errrr puck game. Actually...it already is.

GO OIL!!!!

Hemsky pisses me off how he casually skates back to the bench when he should be hurrying his lame ass up so the other guy can get in play. He doesn't play with heart and it shows.
    fuck that made me mad a few times last night.. anyone else notice this?
  • Options
    i forgeti forget Posts: 281
    Ya Edmonton!
  • Options
    MCGMCG Posts: 780
    wow
    I don't think Laraques hit was worth a major. It was def. a penalty, but a double minor would have sufficed. Cheechoo saw him coming and didn't do anything to brace himself - kept his back to the play trying to draw the penalty. That doesn't mean you can ram his head into the boards, but it should have some bearing on the call. I'd have been happy with laraque if it was a double minor....get that fucker thinking.

Actually the ref's had no choice in this one. There is no such thing as a double minor for boarding, it's either 2min or 5min and a game. Since Cheechoo was bleeding, the ref's had little choice in the matter.

I guess he saw him comming, it looked to me like he was trying to skate away to avoid him, it's hard to brace yourself when there's a giant hand ramming your head into the glass though. Laraque would have gotten away with that one if he wouldn't have had the hand on the back of the head, that's the only reason Cheechoo got cut.
    Which came first,
    the bad idea or me befallen by it?
  • Options
    series gets tied up tonight!!! :D go oilers!
  • Options
    MCGMCG Posts: 780
    I'm predicting a 4-2 Oiler victory tonight, the 4th will be an empty netter by Sean Horcoff.
    Which came first,
    the bad idea or me befallen by it?
  • Options
    Cree NationsCree Nations Posts: 2,247
    No double minor for boarding? I didn't know that....learn somethin new everyday. Then it should have been a double roughing. What I saw (through my copper tinted glasses) was a 6'7" giant hitting a 6' mortal....his arms were a bit high, but that's just cause he's so big....haha. nah, he did ram his head...but there wasn't blatant intent to injure....just intent to severely intimidate. Cherry said he should've only got two, so....:p (did you guys see his montage of Smytty last night? showed him getting the shit kicked out of him over the years... as Grapes said...what a warrior!)

And yeah, Earthgirl....I know which play made Hemsky's lack of hussle so glaring...in OT, right? Not sure which one...but he coasted to the bench with his head back...by the time he sat down, the winger that replaced him was in the Sharks zone. Could've even cost us a too many men penalty. MacT said in the Detroit series that he was short shifting himself....no confidence, and he's scared to get hit. He needs a wake up. The only reason he's still playing is cause he has wheels and we don't have much O depth outside the four lines we're already rolling.

Im still shaking my head over that OT save by Rolli...no puck-hits glove-then do a jumping jack- exaggeration there...pure reflex. amazing.

Tonight is just as important. I'm sporting my vintage Oiler ringer t today, and it's finally a Friday game....happy days, many beers :).

LET'S GO
    OILERS!!!!
    It's pretty shaweet to finally have a Friday game indeed. Tonight is going to mint.
    Here we go OILERES!!!
    HERE WE GO!!
    Here we go OILERES!!!
    HERE WE GO!!
    Here we go OILERES!!!
    HERE WE GO!!
    Here we go OILERES!!!
    HERE WE GO!!
    Here we go OILERES!!!
    HERE WE GO!!
    Here we go OILERES!!!
    HERE WE GO!!
    Here we go OILERES!!!
    HERE WE GO!!
    Here we go OILERES!!!
    HERE WE GO!!
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009
  • Options
    I just wanted you all to know that I really admire and love the Oil. I have been with them since they have been in the league.
    LETS GET IT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ps. Oilers rock
    >>>>
    >

• Options
    countdown to the game...three hours! can't wait!

...i didn't know you were an oilers fan cree nations? hmm...learn something new every day! :D:D:D

...and much respect for ryan smyth, as mentioned about don's montage. he is one tough SOB.

go oilers!
  • Options
    countdown to the game...three hours! can't wait!

...i didn't know you were an oilers fan cree nations? hmm...learn something new every day! :D:D:D

...and much respect for ryan smyth, as mentioned about don's montage. he is one tough SOB.

go oilers!

Yeah, I wasnt sure if everyone knew this so I just wanted to be clear ;)
    :D
    ps. What do you get when Smythy's teeth are on the ice?
    The Stanley Cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuppppppppppppp!
    Boo yeahhhhhh
    >>>>
    >

• Options
    two hours...:)

that's some funny stuff cree nations! :D hope his mouth is healed in time to sip the beer and champagne out of lord stanley's cup!!! who's kidding who?!?!...he'll tough it out either way!
  • Options
    one more hour before the good old hockey game on a friday night! :)
  • Options
    T Minus 20 minutes and counting. I imagine the heartland of hockey is going crazy. They just showed some guy from TSN getting mobbed by the fans.
    Oh lordy she's going to be a gooooooooooooooddddeeerrrrrr.
    :D
    >>>>
    >

• Options
    "Hello, Canada – and hockey fans in the United States and Newfoundland."

go oilers!!! :)
  • Options
    fans are going bonkers! that building is loud tonight!
  • Options
    friggin' joe!
  • Options
    shitty...but it's still early...
  • Options
    got one back!!!! :)
  • Options
    pecca!!! 3-2...ok, let's start taking some more shots on the power play boys...samsanov and hemsky...i'm looking at you ;)
  • Options
    tied!!! 3-3...thanks for listening samsanov! ...not on the power play...but we'll take it! :D
  • Options
    what a game! :)

am i the only one watching this game, or the only one stupid enough not to be partying with oiler fans and instead dividing my time between the game and checking in on the pit?!?! haha :D
  • Options
    small town becksmall town beck Posts: 6,691
    I just got home from work. When I left there it was 3-1. So glad to come home to find it tied. I think I shall open my vino and enjoy.

GO OILERS GO!!! :D
  • Options
    Well that was SWEET!!! :D Nice goal, boys
  • Options
    4-3!!!...and a san jose penalty to boot!! :D

fuckin' go oilers!!!
  • Options
    FOUR STRAIGHT GOALS!!! fuckin rights bitches! :D
  • Options
    5-3 Now!!!! :D
  • Options
    5-3 Now!!!! :D

oh yeah!!!
  • Options
    oh yeah!!!

Sweet game!!! That Ryan Smyth is a feckin' machine :p

Hey mookie, you going to come see the Hip on Canada Day weekend? Sam Roberts and Matt Mays are the openers. Should be a good show!
  • Options

:cool:
    Rarghstarfarian.
  • Options
    2 man advantage. lets get a little extra cushion ;)

edit because just as soon as I posted they SCORED. :D:D