Options

Edmonton Oilers

Comments

• Options
    MCGMCG Posts: 780
    WOW! 6 goals on only 18 shots? Talk about making the most of your opportunities! I almost pissed myself laughing when Rolie tripped S. Thornton :D
    Which came first,
    the bad idea or me befallen by it?
  • Options
    prljamgirlprljamgirl Edmonton, AB Posts: 602
    Earthgirl wrote:
    I think it's great how excited the city is getting.. but some of them have to remember to be civil.. it's horrible that two people were stabbed and the ambulance couldn't even make it to them.. they had to be pulled out by the police in riot gear and sped away in a cruiser. That's getting a little carried away. It just takes a few to ruin it doesn't it.

I totally agree with you Earthgirl....it is very unfortunate that happened. However, the two people who were stabbed were not out on the street when they were stabbed, they were in a bar. The bar just happened to be on the corner of the intersection where the police were keeping everyone. Terrible, I know. And I hate to say this, but it would have happened anyway. Unfortunately, stabbings like that are not unusual on Whyte Ave and there hasn't been one in awhile....it was bound to happen anyway. I am not defending that two people were stabbed, I'm just making it clear that I am 98% sure that it had nothing to do with the crowds. Maybe I am just too used to hearing about these incidents on Whyte Ave over the years. :(
  • Options
    sigh eternallysigh eternally Chicago Posts: 421
    hey earthgirl... time to start the ducks-oilers smack again.
    ducks had no chance in hell?
    well....
  • Options
    EarthgirlEarthgirl Posts: 695
    prljamgirl wrote:
    I totally agree with you Earthgirl....it is very unfortunate that happened. However, the two people who were stabbed were not out on the street when they were stabbed, they were in a bar. The bar just happened to be on the corner of the intersection where the police were keeping everyone. Terrible, I know. And I hate to say this, but it would have happened anyway. Unfortunately, stabbings like that are not unusual on Whyte Ave and there hasn't been one in awhile....it was bound to happen anyway. I am not defending that two people were stabbed, I'm just making it clear that I am 98% sure that it had nothing to do with the crowds. Maybe I am just too used to hearing about these incidents on Whyte Ave over the years. :(

I used to hang out in the Whyte Ave area for the past 10 years.. up until last summer.. Trap and Gill, Blues on Whyte, The P.O., Black Dog.. was just there last month.. favourite place by far.
  • Options
    hey earthgirl... time to start the ducks-oilers smack again.
    ducks had no chance in hell?
    well....

we'll just have to see won't we... I'm not about to say because the Ducks can hold thier own... but the OIL is hot right now... it'd be nice if they can make it.
  • Options
    prljamgirlprljamgirl Edmonton, AB Posts: 602
    Earthgirl wrote:
    I used to hang out in the Whyte Ave area for the past 10 years.. up until last summer.. Trap and Gill, Blues on Whyte, The P.O., Black Dog.. was just there last month.. favourite place by far.

Black Dog is great one of my favorite places, the PO can be lots of fun and you're always in for a great time at the Trap & Gill!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Cree NationsCree Nations Posts: 2,247
    Less than twenty-one hours and 10 minutes to the big game.
    I'm gittin excited. Of course I'm hoping for the Oil, it's a big game and the Sharks are going to come out swimmimg...and biting.
    Oilers, Oilers, Oilers, Oilers

I went to a bar with bunch of friends after the game on Sunday. I asked the waitress for four shots of oil, I said it had a 1/4 courage, 1/4 heart, 1/4 talent and a 1/4 guts.
    She came back with four shots of tequilla

ps. Oil
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009
  • Options
    it's wednesday!!! :D go oilers! :D
  • Options
    here we go oilers! :D gametime!
  • Options
    kudos to the edmonton fans for cheering the american national anthem, after san jose was booing during ours.
  • Options
    PECCA!!!! 1-0 oilers! :D hell yeah!
  • Options
    torrid pace! incredible penalty kill by the oilers on the 5-3 for 2 mins. roloson is the man! :)
  • Options
    GOOILERSGO
    GOOILERSGO
    GOOILERSGO
    GOOILERSGO
    GOOILERSGO
    GOOILERSGO
    GOOILERSGO
    GOOILERSGO
    >>>>
    >

• Options
    kudos to the edmonton fans for cheering the american national anthem, after san jose was booing during ours.
    Houstan (start of game): "Way to go Edmonton....Showing some of that Canadian class."
    awesome...fecking awesome.
    >>>>
    >

• Options
    2-0 oilers!!! ED-MON-TON!!!:D
  • Options
    Craig McTavish (on subbing Harvey for Winchester): "I wanted the experience, he's been there before"

I totally take back what I said about Mac FUCKING T when I started this thread. I shall elaborate later.

OOOOOOOOIIIIIIILLLLLEEEEEEEERRRRRSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
    ps. Rols
    ;)
    >>>>
    >

• Options
    Lost_ClayLost_Clay Posts: 1,085
    looking good lookin good =)
    "ah fuck it get in trouble"

06/29/03 09/22/05 09/24/05 09/25/05 05/09/06 05/10/06
  • Options
    YES!!!

spirit of #99 baby!

congrats oilers fans! :) four wins in a row!!!

bring on that other team from california!

GO OILERS!!!
  • Options
    Houstan (start of game): "Way to go Edmonton....Showing some of that Canadian class."

damn straight! :)
  • Options
    I love this thread and all who posted.
    I go now to indulge in spirits and debauchery.
    :D
    OOOOOIIIIILLLLLLEEEEEERRRRRRRRSSSSSSS!!!

PS When do we start with the Ducks?
    >>>>
    >

• Options
    small town becksmall town beck Posts: 6,691

That was great, I loved that they did that. Very classy indeed. It was quite a game. I have had a a lot on my mind this week but it was nice to watch the game tonight and take my mind off the sadness I had been feeling(sorry don't mean to be a downer at a happy time).

GO OILERS GO!! You took out one California team, take out another!!! Do we start with the Ducks on Saturday?
  • Options
    That was great, I loved that they did that. Very classy indeed. It was quite a game. I have had a a lot on my mind this week but it was nice to watch the game tonight and take my mind off the sadness I had been feeling(sorry don't mean to be a downer at a happy time).

GO OILERS GO!! You took out one California team, take out another!!! Do we start with the Ducks on Saturday?

hope you are feeling better STB, had a bad week myself...this game did the same for me, helped me get my mind off things! :) better times for this week, eh? :)
  • Options
    small town becksmall town beck Posts: 6,691
    hope you are feeling better STB, had a bad week myself...this game did the same for me, helped me get my mind off things! :) better times for this week, eh? :)

Thanks, mookie :). I hope you are feeling better soon too *sends a hug to Mookie* Better times indeed and make sure to enjoy every day of it!!!!

I checked and the series starts on Friday... not much of a break for our guys.
  • Options
    i will be there friday night in anaheim.

your cinderella season ends against the ducks.
    sorry.
    :)

p.s. - i hope there is an edmonton left for the duckies to come in and sweep the series.
    dont riot too hard, ladies and gentlemen.
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    FUCK YEAH OILERS!!!!

its duck season fuckers!!!!!
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • Options
    What a great game !! Just came from the pub and what a good time, everyone is so pumped and having fun!! I love my Oilers and my favourite guy Ryan is playing so hot, he's the best! Way to go guys. I have to brag and mention that Shawn Horcoff is from my home town of Trail BC. :)
    I felt bad for the mayor of San Jose and all the other fans who tried to out sing the booing by singing out national anthem during the last game in SJ..it was very classy for the mayor to go on TV an aplogize for the few guys that made asses out of them selves.

Now it's time for the Oilers to cream the Ducks.. better toughen up guys, our Oilers know how to bruise and cruise.
  • Options
    :)

This is so much fun.

Cree - I'm curious to hear what you're gonna say about MacT. It's easy to say now, but I was never really one to get too down on him....(even tho I hated him as a player - puck hog with no hands). we had some underachievers this season. I guess a guy could blame that on him....but I never understood why anyone felt we needed a regime change. The Oil team of the 80's was the greatest in history...I don't mind riding that knowledge a few more years :)

I can't believe this is happening! So feckin awesome. Bring on the Ducks! Shut down Selanne and we're halfway there....he was a notorious Oiler killer. Now he's soup.

Did anyone catch MacT's comments after the game? He said they have the attitude that we're 90% of the way there, not half way....26 of 29 teams are gone. I love the confidence! what a roll..

hope our East coast friends have a better week! chin up!
    (did you two become fans b/c of the Eastern farm club history, or are you ex-Westerners, dynasty fans, what's the deal?)

PS - sigh eternally - welcome! The new thread whipping boy (or girl).:D

selanne is just the tip. ducks finish their checks, bryzgalov is playing out of his mind because he is a freak, and dont forget penner, lupul, kunitz, mcdonald, getzlaf, and the captain to top all captains, scott niedermayer. soft hands and wings on his skates. beauchemin has a rifle of a shot. this is the deepest team the oilers have faced all year. same for the ducks. been fearing this oiler team since the wings series.

if you just focus on shutting down teemu and think that's half of the problem solved, you're so wrong. the guy didnt show up until the end of the calgary series. pahlsson has shined in shutting down the top lines on opposing teams. as long and rob niedermayer doesnt get himself into commiting dumb penalties, this should go anaheim's way.

dumb name. dumb logo. dumb bandwagon fans. but this team transcends all that shit.

ducks in 6.
  • Options
    thanks eddiemonton! :) and congrats on the big win! :)

for most maritimers, i think it's fair to say, for the most part, you're either a candiens fan or toronto fan...mostly due to the fact that those are the games we get to see most often...then some people stay up for the late games with whoever is playing well in the west.

for me, my first favourite team when i was a kid was the canucks. i'm one of the few that used to like the "V"s...and richard brodeur was my favourite player, followed closely by dave "tiger" williams. i actually got a chance to meet him at an old timers charity game once!!! it was quite a thrill. the man has huge hands and a nose that goes in about ten different directions.

anyway, i kind of got out of my vancouver phase and didn't like the flames as a kid so i found myself cheering for the oilers most of the time - lowe, the gretz of course, kurri, fuhr, messier...that dynasty was awesome!!! so yeah, the dynasty had an effect on me following the team.

i guess some would call some of us names for cheering on the canadian teams when they get far in the playoffs, but we don't have a team here so most of us just hope it's a canadian team that gets to the finals.

personally, i can't stand the sens or the habs, the leafs i have sympathy for, the flames i like only because i have respect for darryl sutter, iginla and kipper, vancouver i don't care for as much anymore, but edmonton has always played the kind of game i like...hard grind it out fast paced hockey. so i've found myself cheering for them for a while. hope that explains it. i'm just very happy for everybody in edmonton and really happy to see them doing so well. the group of guys they have together now deserve everything they've worked for this season. tough guys who can play the game, and outwork any team!

watch out disney team!!!:D
  • Options
    oh, and just checked all the scores from all sports tonight...the oils helped me win 2200$ !!!! :) ME HAPPY! ME LOVE OILERS EVEN MORE!

picked oilers to win in hockey (of course)

in basketball, picked cavs and pistons to play within 5 pts, spurs and mavs to play within 5 pts.

in baseball, picked tigers, giants and blue jays to each win their games by two or more runs...

had to get all 6 games right to win...

ALL TRUE and ALL RIGHT! BOO YA! :D i love the pro line...oh yeah!
  • Options
    Cant talk...can only mumble
    OILERS!!!!
    >>>>
    >