Options

Edmonton Oilers

Comments

• Options
    rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,917
    Earthgirl wrote:
    I was at the pub last night watching the flaming toilet seats and I felt embarrased for them...did anyone even come to play besides Kipper? Maybe Sutter should have done some trades at the deadline. It really does pay to have a better offence... as one could tell last night. Another thing I noticed last night... about half way through the 2nd period half the pub left.. if you were in Edmonton in a pub, the fans would have stayed till the end whether they were winning or not.
    GO OILERS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was there to the bitter end, thank you very much.

Typical Oiler fans, getting their kicks in when the other side is down. Like I said, I'll be back to gloat.
  • Options
    RockinInCanadaRockinInCanada Posts: 2,016
    Bandwagon Mile is now closed....thankfully very early this year...totally agree with Eddie never cheer for the arch-rival...now its the year of the Oil....about fucking time....
  • Options
    EarthgirlEarthgirl Posts: 695

Typical Oiler fans, getting their kicks in when the other side is down. Like I said, I'll be back to gloat.

awww.. come on .. as if anyone else wouldn't do the same.. it's all in fun. ;) I was just very surprised that a lot of people left.. half the pub.. I didnt say all.. the other half of the fans were there still. And you know what.. they were all coming over and talking with me even with my Oilers jersey on and it was all good fun.
    We've been down enough in the last few years , so it's a nice feeling to be up again.. even if it's for a short time.. if it's a long time, even better.
    We need the cup back in Canada !
    maybe I shouldn't post about hockey anymore.. I feel like I'm being attacked by both sides of the fence. ahhhhh!!!!
  • Options
    Earthgirl wrote:
    awww.. come on .. as if anyone else wouldn't do the same.. it's all in fun. ;) I was just very surprised that a lot of people left.. half the pub.. I didnt say all.. the other half of the fans were there still. And you know what.. they were all coming over and talking with me even with my Oilers jersey on and it was all good fun.
    We've been down enough in the last few years , so it's a nice feeling to be up again.. even if it's for a short time.. if it's a long time, even better.
    We need the cup back in Canada !
    maybe I shouldn't post about hockey anymore.. I feel like I'm being attacked by both sides of the fence. ahhhhh!!!!

Sorry, I wasn't attacking you personally. I still think you're a nice person. :)
    People like Rockin'InCanada hate Calgary and take particular pleasure when the Flames lose. It's those people who are going to turtle and disappear when the Oilers are canned. And I am going to enjoy saying "I told you so", should such a state of affairs come to pass.
    And if the Oilers win? I'll send you a PM saying congrats. Deal?
  • Options
    Sorry, I wasn't attacking you personally. I still think you're a nice person. :)
    People like Rockin'InCanada hate Calgary and take particular pleasure when the Flames lose. It's those people who are going to turtle and disappear when the Oilers are canned. And I am going to enjoy saying "I told you so", should such a state of affairs come to pass.

sounds good ;) hey.. I deserve it if they lose.. and if they win.. I'll feel the love. :)
    have an awesome day.
  • Options
    antperlsjamantperlsjam Posts: 56
    Go Oilers!!!
    8/25/00 8/27/00 8/29/00 8/30/00 10/4/00 4/29/03 7/8/03 7/9/03 9/28/04 9/29/04 5/12/06 5/13/06 5/24/06 5/25/06 6/1/06 6/3/06 8/5/07

Keepin us close, so close... on down the line... sometimes I burn like a dot on the sun
  • Options
    reborn-You're talking to me and about me...then switch to Earthgirl when you say that there are some nice Oiler fans out there? what is that all about? I haven't shown the Flames enough respect, is that it?

Here ya go.

I hear Iggy and Phaneuf are both great off the tee.
    Amonte's got a great short game.
    Kipper's nerves of steel really come through for him on the greens.
    :)

I wouldn't trade Rolli for Kipper right now....maybe in the fall ;) It's all about who's hot and who's not in the playoffs....Kiprusoff is the better goalie, but it doesn't mean much now.

And I wouldn't take your d over ours....no f'in way. I would LOVE to have Phaneuf (why is it that you guys get the best two players to come out of the Edm area in the last ten years?). But other than that, I don't think your d is that great. We have a SOLID d line....six top quality guys. ...the Flames team defence is great (better than the Oil's) thanks to Sutter, but that makes for boring hockey.....if the Oil played a more defensive style, I think you'd find our d line superior to Calgary's.

Anyway...there's a little respect for ya. The Flames were a good team, and I obviously have some respect for them if I was nervous about playing them.

Bring on the Sharks! Shut down one line (and keep playing the way we did against Detroit) and we're on our way to the semi's!

Earthgirl - you know I love ya! I don't take hockey that seriously....I know you're blue (and copper) blooded! I wasn't talking about you specifically, just an observation that you reminded me to make ;) Keep fightin the good fight down there! :)

A little respect wouldn't kill ya ... And with the exception of Pronger, Edmonton's d was a non-factor all season, at least until the Detroit series. What you call boring hockey is exactly what your team needed to do to beat the Wings, and its also how the Flames won the division. Even Roloson mentioned how he's more comfortable with a "press" or "trap" style; he's familar with that approach from playing on the Wild and was a total sieve until the Oilers played the Wings and started to actually defend their zone. I must admit, its enjoyable watching Edmonton use Flames-style tactics to win a series and then listening to Oilers fans knock the Flames for being boring.

I seriously think the Oilers have a chance to win the cup, IF (big IF) they don't revert to the defensive sloppiness that they showed during the regular season. The Sharks offense is going to be tougher to stop than Detroits' was ... Younger guys who want it more.
  • Options
    RockinInCanadaRockinInCanada Posts: 2,016

First....as a die-hard Oil fan I would never cheer for Calgary and after going through not one but two years of being hassled by die-hard Flames fans and bandwagon milers alike I relish in the fact the Flames lost....this because Im a die-hard Oilers fan....not a bandwagon Oilers fan....so no I will not disappear....I've been a hockey fan all my life...the only people that are turtling and disappearing are hundreds of fools who jam the Bandwagon mile to ruin the great atmosphere created my die hard good natured Flames fans...I just needed to say I am no bandwagon fan...
  • Options
    Cree NationsCree Nations Posts: 2,247

Well I can understand what you are saying but at the same time the title of this thread is the Edmonton Oilers so any and ALL Oiler cheering, gloating and glory pumping is welcome here.
    :)
    ps. You won't be back to gloat, there will be no need to ;)
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009
  • Options
    hey Eddiemonton did you read my thread Hockey Joke? I thought you would appreciate it. :)
    and I know you love me, it's all good.
  • Options

...and I said I'd be here for my licks if we lose ....but now that the Flames are out, I don't think they should come from you :)

And they wouldn't be coming from me if you guys weren't talking so much smack... :)

In all seriousness, I am looking forward to the Oilers-Sharks series ... I think it'll be a good one. You hate the Flames, I hate the Oilers ... But I can still enjoy watching the games.

Rockin': I won't deny that there are tons of bandwagon Flames fans ... Just like there are tons of bandwagon Oilers fans. Thanks for at least admitting that some people have followed the Flames for a long time. We have our diehards too. Of course we are quiet now, we are brooding because our team blew it, badly. I gotta say though, the Red Mile in 2004 kicked ass even after we got screwe ... I mean, lost. It was definitely smaller, but people still came out and had a good time.
  • Options
    And they wouldn't be coming from me if you guys weren't talking so much smack... :)

In all seriousness, I am looking forward to the Oilers-Sharks series ... I think it'll be a good one. You hate the Flames, I hate the Oilers ... But I can still enjoy watching the games.

Rockin': I won't deny that there are tons of bandwagon Flames fans ... Just like there are tons of bandwagon Oilers fans. Thanks for at least admitting that some people have followed the Flames for a long time. We have our diehards too. Of course we are quiet now, we are brooding because our team blew it, badly. I gotta say though, the Red Mile in 2004 kicked ass even after we got screwe ... I mean, lost. It was definitely smaller, but people still came out and had a good time.

I haven't met one bandwagon Oiler fan yet. ;)
  • Options
    good luck oilers and oiler fans today! should be a great series! :)

go oilers! :D
  • Options
    prljamgirlprljamgirl Edmonton, AB Posts: 602
    Yes, I agree Mookie...I think it's going to be an excellent series! Hopefully one that sees the Oilers moving on to the 3rd round!! Woohoo!!! Go Oilers!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    small town becksmall town beck Posts: 6,691
    GO OILERS GO!!!

I hope you guys kick some ass tonight!
  • Options
    MCGMCG Posts: 780
    I think this about sums it up

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=165222&hubname=

"The game wasn't as close as the score indicated. San Jose outshot Edmonton 30-16 and knocked the Oilers around the arena like a pinata at a child's birthday party."

YOU CAN'T PLAY THE TRAP AGAINST A TEAM LIKE SAN JOSE! They break out of the zone very quickly and you won't even have time to get in position. AND MOVE THE PUCK GOD DAMMIT! San Jose doesn't give you time like Detroit did, move the puck fast and stop with the neutral zone turnovers, sheesh. Props to Rolie, that game could have gotten bad if he would have been bad. McTavish needs to figure something out fast, the Oil are far from out of it but need to change there gameplay, and maybe get big George Laraque back into the lineup because they were out-hit too.
    Which came first,
    the bad idea or me befallen by it?
  • Options
    MCG wrote:
    I think this about sums it up

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=165222&hubname=

"The game wasn't as close as the score indicated. San Jose outshot Edmonton 30-16 and knocked the Oilers around the arena like a pinata at a child's birthday party."

YOU CAN'T PLAY THE TRAP AGAINST A TEAM LIKE SAN JOSE! They break out of the zone very quickly and you won't even have time to get in position. AND MOVE THE PUCK GOD DAMMIT! San Jose doesn't give you time like Detroit did, move the puck fast and stop with the neutral zone turnovers, sheesh. Props to Rolie, that game could have gotten bad if he would have been bad. McTavish needs to figure something out fast, the Oil are far from out of it but need to change there gameplay, and maybe get big George Laraque back into the lineup because they were out-hit too.

yah, holy shit that was a fast moving hard hitting game.. Edmonton came on strong.. but San Jose gave it to them in the 2nd period..wow, what an exciting game to watch tho.. and Im looking forward to tonight's game !
    yes and bring out George.. let him do what he does best..
  • Options
    tonight, tonight, tonight! :D go oilers!
  • Options
    The Oilers will respond strong tonight! It should be a good one.
    Which came first,
  • Options
    You're right....we need Georges in, and we need to hit more. Look for a better effort tonight. I think the Oilers were sitting back too much last night.

and too long of a break from the last series.. then two back to back..
  • Options
    Go Oilers!!!!!!!!! I just heard on the radio that Laroque will be dressed tonight!!!
  • Options
    prljamgirl wrote:
    Go Oilers!!!!!!!!! I just heard on the radio that Laroque will be dressed tonight!!!

OH! Can I call 'em or what folks! What's the word on Dvorak?

Edit: Looks like Laroque is in because Dvorak is out. Not sure what to think about that, more grit, less speed... much less speed :D
    Which came first,
  • Options
    MilestoneMilestone Posts: 1,117
    Fuck you Oilers.

You knocked my team out in round 1.

Fuck you Oilers
    11-2-2000 Portland. 12-8-2002 Seattle. 4-18-2003 Nashville. 5-30-2003 Vancouver. 10-25-2003 Bridge School. 9-2-2005 Vancouver.
    7-6-2006 Las Vegas. 7-20-2006 Portland. 7-22-2006 Gorge. 9-21-2009 Seattle. 9-22-2009 Seattle. 9-26-2009 Ridgefield. 9-25-2011 Vancouver.
    11-29-2013 Portland. 10-16-2014 Detroit. 8-8-2018 Seattle. 8-10-2018 Seattle. 8-13-2018 Missoula.  5-10-2024 Portland.  5-30-2024 Seattle.
  • Options
    beachdwellerbeachdweller Posts: 1,532
    MCG wrote:
    Awful effort by the Flames last night, geez that was bad...

So no battle of Alberta to watch :( the oil did their part. SJ vs EDM should be a great series though, Rolie will have to remain in top form. The trap won't get it done against the Sharks though, they don't live for the kind of structure the Wings do, look for the Oilers to go back to the bang-crash forcheck they are known for. I'm looking for Torres to step up this series and Hemskey to continue his hot streak. Tarnstrom needs a kick in the ass though, I think he's still shaking off playing in PIT all year. If Rolie and Pronger can stop Thornton, Cheechoo and Marleau this could potentially be a quick series.

it's going to be a quick series, and the Oilers will be watching the conference finals from home.
    "Music, for me, was fucking heroin." eV (nothing Ed has said is more true for me personally than this quote)

Stop by:
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=14678777351&ref=mf
  • Options
    Milestone wrote:
    Fuck you Oilers.

You knocked my team out in round 1.

Fuck you Oilers

it's going to be a quick series, and the Oilers will be watching the conference finals from home.

How about keep your negativity to yourself or take it to your own thread. This is the Edmonton Oilers thread where we like to discuss and cheer on our Oilers!!! I just can't understand why you have to come in here and post your comments trying to bring us down......
  • Options
    beachdwellerbeachdweller Posts: 1,532
    prljamgirl wrote:
    How about keep your negativity to yourself or take it to your own thread. This is the Edmonton Oilers thread where we like to discuss and cheer on our Oilers!!! I just can't understand why you have to come in here and post your comments trying to bring us down......

oh whaaaaaa

someone says it'll be a quick series, I agreed but from the opposing side, get over it.
    "Music, for me, was fucking heroin." eV (nothing Ed has said is more true for me personally than this quote)

Stop by:
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=14678777351&ref=mf
  • Options
    prljamgirl wrote:

just ignore people like that.. they're just trying to suck all the good energy out of our space.
  • Options
    oh whaaaaaa

someone says it'll be a quick series, I agreed but from the opposing side, get over it.

There's just no need for those negative comments in this thread, I'm just so tired of it.....in case you hadn't noticed this thread is full of Edmonton Oiler FANS. I just don't know why people feel the need to come in here and rain on our parade.
  • Options
    Earthgirl wrote:
    just ignore people like that.. they're just trying to suck all the good energy out of our space.

I try to ignore it friend!! It just makes me angry that they feel the need to do it. Why can't we just be left alone in all our Edmonton Oiler glory!!!!! :D
  • Options
    a couple of 2-1 games...that's tough. been some good hockey though. take two in edmonton!!! :)