Options

Edmonton Oilers

Comments

• Options
    prljamgirlprljamgirl Edmonton, AB Posts: 602
    WOW! I was at the game tonight and it was incredible!! 6 seems to be the magic number for these boys...finished the Red Wings at home in game 6 and now the Sharks at home in game 6, I love it!!! Bring on the Ducks!!!!!
    I do however feel that it's not entirely fair that they have to start the next series on Friday, they deserve to get to wait until Sunday or at the very least Saturday. I know that they can't just change the Eastern Conference to suit the Oilers, but they should have set up the Western as if it went to game 7 and started the series on Sunday. Just my 2 cents!!! Although, the Oilers are hot right now and Anaheim hasn't played a game in at least a week I think, so I feel like we do have a slight advantage there.
    Whyte Ave wasn't too bad tonight. Was down there for a bit. Huge crowd again, someone was crowd surfing in a shopping cart again, people climbing light poles and trees.....mostly young drunk guys. There were cops on the roofs of buildings keeping an eye on what was going on, but I didn't see any in riot gear while I was there....maybe after I left. The only thing that I was really disappointed in was a group of guys pointing at the cops on the roof of one shop and chanting 'fuck the cops'.....that's how shit gets started and people get hurt. No need for that.
    Anyway, I'm off to bed now.......gotta work tomorrow! Can't wait for Friday!!!! Go Oilers!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
  • Options
    small town becksmall town beck Posts: 6,691
    :)

Did anyone catch MacT's comments after the game? He said they have the attitude that we're 90% of the way there, not half way....26 of 29 teams are gone. I love the confidence! what a roll..

hope our East coast friends have a better week! chin up!
    (did you two become fans b/c of the Eastern farm club history, or are you ex-Westerners, dynasty fans, what's the deal?)

PS - sigh eternally - welcome! The new thread whipping boy (or girl).:D

Thanks, eddiem. It has been a down week for certain.

I have been an Oilers' fan since I was a kid. I was probably the only girl in my school whose mother would let her stay up late during the play offs. I think my fave players were Messier and Tikkannen. Although, I did have a Gretzky Barbie doll :o boy, all the Barbies wanted to date him :p
    If there is only one Canadian team left I cheer for them. This year it just happens to work out quite well for me that it is my guys left :)
  • Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    congrats are in order,, good luck in the conference finals

the way that team throws their bodies around ,,they deserve to be where they are
  • Options
    rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,901
    Shawn Horcoff is an amazing player. And the Oilers in general are playing good hockey.

Good luck against the Ducks. I'll be in your corner, because you are going to need all the support you can get against that team.
  • Options
    Cree NationsCree Nations Posts: 2,247
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009
  • Options
    rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,901
    good stuff mb10. I was going to repost saying, "or do you just enjoy cheering for the most exciting team in hockey?" You almost lost me with the Canuck part, but you redeemed yourself with your hatred of the flames. I couldn't hold it against anyone to cheer for a Canadian team. It's just cheering for your arch rivals that gets me. I would cheer for the Sens if the Oil were out (well, would've...ya know what I mean :D) But I would rather....uh.... cheer for the Flames than cheer for the flames (see that doesn't work - the worst thing I could think of was the same as the alternative :confused::D) Speaking of the flames....where's reborn? :D:D:D:D

sigh eternally - well, so much for the cheap shots I would have used should you prove a point I can't counter....youre right - the logo, name, etc. is an insult to the game. I'll still bug you about them if I'm bored tho :D

Now to your points about your team and players......WHO? Never heard of most of those guys. S.Niedermayer is a helluva good player. Selanne is hungry for a cup, I'm sure. But really....I don't think they have much. They're hot, but so are the Oil. If I could've picked any (playoff) team in the West to meet in the Conference Final, it'd have been the Ducks.... Your team had a chance to bury us at the end of the season, and we came up clutch. methinks they'll regret that game most when looking back.

Our strategy for the W. Final? Every time the ducks get the puck, make sure it ends with a Todd Marchant breakaway. :D

I am here, and I can actually appreciate how the Oilers are playing these days. I am also a huge Horcoff fan, I'd like to see that man in a red jersey. :)

Anyhow, good luck. I am going to be the bigger person here and instead of insulting the Oilers I am going to cheer them on against the biggest challenge they will have faced yet. Should be a dynamite series, but the Oilers are going to need lots of goals and their best physical game possible. I don't know that they are up for what the Ducks can do physically.
  • Options
    OIL Oil OIL Oil OIL
    >>>>
    >

• Options
    moeaholicmoeaholic Posts: 535
    as a red wings fan, i'm extremely happy to see edmonton advance. i really didn't like the thought of the team that beat detroit going out with a whimper in the following round.

way to go, edmonton. let's see if you can keep it up. i'd much rather see the oilers advance any further than the ducks.
    "PC Load Letter?! What the fuck does that mean?"
    ~Michael Bolton
  • Options
    1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,854
    go red sox.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
  • Options
    moeaholic wrote:
    as a red wings fan, i'm extremely happy to see edmonton advance. i really didn't like the thought of the team that beat detroit going out with a whimper in the following round.

way to go, edmonton. let's see if you can keep it up. i'd much rather see the oilers advance any further than the ducks.

That's a classy decision Moe. Good style
    >>>>
    >

• Options
    EarthgirlEarthgirl Posts: 695
    anyone know why the game was changed from sunday night to friday night? not that Im complaining any.. the sooner they get back in play the better as far as im concerned.. just curious... and I can't wait.. I just love watching the Oilers play.
    In my heart they've already won the Stanley Cup.. even if they go no further than Aneheim.. Im quite satisfied with what they've done so far.
    way to go boys !!
  • Options
    Mac T has really come into his own this year, I have always loved that guy and had the utmost faith inwhat he has done and IS doing for the team. He has always had the best interest of the Oil in his oil-drop shaped heart. What he does is ultimately for the love and glory of the team

PLAYER GP G A PTS
    HORCOFF 12 5 9 14
    PRONGER 12 2 10 12
    SMYTH 12 4 7 11
    SAMSONOV 12 3 7 10
    HEMSKY 12 3 6 9

GOALIE W L AVG
    ROLOSON 8 4 2.16

I tried finding playoff stats for the Ducks but they dont have them posted on their website, can you belive that.
    >>>>
    >

• Options
    sigh eternallysigh eternally Chicago Posts: 421
    POS Name TM GP G A PTS

LW Chris Kunitz ANA 11 2 5 7
    LW Dustin Penner ANA 8 1 5 6
    LW Jeff Friesen ANA 11 2 1 3

C Todd Marchant ANA 11 2 6 8
    C/W Andy McDonald ANA 11 1 5 6
    C Ryan Getzlaf ANA 11 2 2 4
    C Samuel Pahlsson ANA 11 2 1 3
    C/W Rob Niedermayer ANA 11 1 2 3

RW Teemu Selanne ANA 11 5 5 10
    RW Joffrey Lupul ANA 11 7 1 8
    RW Corey Perry ANA 7 0 3 3

Name TM GP MP GAA W L OT PCT EN SO GA SHA G A PIM

Ilya Bryzgalov ANA 8 482 0.87 6 1 0 .967 0 3 7 214 0 0 2

Jean-Sebastien Giguere ANA 4 201 3.88 2 2 0 .845 0 0 13 84 0 0 0
  • Options
    Gp G A Pts
    Shawn Horcoff 12 5 9 14
    Chris Pronger 12 2 10 12
    Ryan Smyth 12 4 7 11
    Sergei Samsonov 12 3 7 10
    Ales Hemsky 12 3 6 9
    Fernando Pisani 12 7 1 8
    Jarret Stoll 12 4 4 8
    Jaroslav Spacek 12 3 5 8
    Raffi Torres 12 2 4 6
    Jason Smith 12 1 4 5
    Michael Peca 12 2 2 4
    Brad Winchester 10 1 2 3
    Steve Staios 12 0 2 2
    Marc-andre Bergeron 12 1 0 1
    Todd Harvey 4 0 1 1
    Georges Laraque 6 0 1 1
    Ethan Moreau 9 0 1 1
    Rem Murray 12 0 1 1
    Ty Conklin 0 0 0 0
    Jussi Markkanen 0 0 0 0
    Dick Tarnstrom 6 0 0 0
    Matt Greene 6 0 0 0
    Radek Dvorak 7 0 0 0
    >>>>
    >

• Options
    i will be there friday night in anaheim.

your cinderella season ends against the ducks.
    sorry.

p.s. - i hope there is an edmonton left for the duckies to come in and sweep the series.
    dont riot too hard, ladies and gentlemen.

Did you enjoy the game on Friday??? ;) I wouldn't be so confident about the Ducks ending our season. They have lost the last 14 games played in Edmonton.
    From edmontonoilers.com:
    "The Edmonton Oilers are inching closer and closer to the league's final two and a victory tonight would go a long way in making that dream a reality. The club is 5-1 on home ice this playoff season and have not lost to Anaheim at Rexall Place in 14 straight games.
    Win tonight and Anaheim has no choice but to take two of three in a hostile environment. However, it won't be an easy task as Anaheim has not lost two straight yet in these playoffs and have proven time and again this postseason that they're a terrific bounce-back team."
    http://www.edmontonoilers.com/gameday/ev030322/preview.php
    Definitely good for the Oil.....I know they can do this!!
    Go Oilers!!!!!!!!! :D
  • Options
    Pronger!!! :d

1-0 Oilers! Go Oilers! :)
  • Options
    3 to 2 now
    11/06/91 - The Haunt: Ithaca, NY
    Alive + Smells Like Teen Spirit + Saying No
  • Options
    Lost_ClayLost_Clay Posts: 1,085
    good penalty kill just now, 12 mins or so to go....
    "ah fuck it get in trouble"

06/29/03 09/22/05 09/24/05 09/25/05 05/09/06 05/10/06
  • Options
    Lost_ClayLost_Clay Posts: 1,085
    woohoo, that's what? 6 wins in a row? you know what six more wins gets em =)
    "ah fuck it get in trouble"

06/29/03 09/22/05 09/24/05 09/25/05 05/09/06 05/10/06
  • Options
    another 3-1 win !!! :D

up 2-0 going home sounds pretty good, eh?! :)
  • Options
    prljamgirl wrote:
    Did you enjoy the game on Friday??? ;) I wouldn't be so confident about the Ducks ending our season. They have lost the last 14 games played in Edmonton.
    From edmontonoilers.com:
    "The Edmonton Oilers are inching closer and closer to the league's final two and a victory tonight would go a long way in making that dream a reality. The club is 5-1 on home ice this playoff season and have not lost to Anaheim at Rexall Place in 14 straight games.
    Win tonight and Anaheim has no choice but to take two of three in a hostile environment. However, it won't be an easy task as Anaheim has not lost two straight yet in these playoffs and have proven time and again this postseason that they're a terrific bounce-back team."
    http://www.edmontonoilers.com/gameday/ev030322/preview.php
    Definitely good for the Oil.....I know they can do this!!
    Go Oilers!!!!!!!!! :D

its wasnt the best of games, no. i thought both teams played weak games, and i read in the paper this morning about both teams complaining about the ice at the pond for game 1. worse than usual.
    now they are down 2-0.

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.
  • Options
    its wasnt the best of games, no. i thought both teams played weak games, and i read in the paper this morning about both teams complaining about the ice at the pond for game 1. worse than usual.
    now they are down 2-0.

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

SE -- I didn't mean to be snotty with that post, I hope you didn't take it that way.
    And I heard that too....bad ice. And you're right, I've seen both teams play much better. A lot of key Oilers are real sick right now too with the flu.
    Anyway, I'm hoping that this 14 game losing streak continues and the Oilers wrap it up in four! :D Go Oilers Go!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    prljamgirl wrote:
    SE -- I didn't mean to be snotty with that post, I hope you didn't take it that way.
    And I heard that too....bad ice. And you're right, I've seen both teams play much better. A lot of key Oilers are real sick right now too with the flu.
    Anyway, I'm hoping that this 14 game losing streak continues and the Oilers wrap it up in four! :D Go Oilers Go!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the only thing that cheered me up at the Pond during game 1 was seeing a bunch of teenagers jump out of a van wearing oilers jerseys, except for one, because he was wearing a pearl jam canada 2005 tour shirt. i would have said something, but he is the enemy.
    at least oiler fans werent cocky like those flamers we had in the first round. man were they annoying.
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    it's exciting to watch the oilers doing so well. reminds me of "the good old days" a little.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options
    Cree Nations..............where are you?????? You haven't posted in here since the 18th!!!! Two games have been played and won since then. I can only hope that you are celebrating so hard that you forgot to celebrate with us!!!!!!!! Here's to Tuesday's game!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope to see you here buddy!!! :D Go Oilers Go!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    he is holding a candlelight vigil by the statue of gretz until the oilers return home...:)
  • Options
    he is holding a candlelight vigil by the statue of gretz until the oilers return home...:)

I wouldn't doubt it!! Maybe I should go drive by and see if he is there and needs anything!!!!!! ;)
  • Options
    ...an old nintendo system, and a copy of duck shoot would be a kind gift for him i think...;)

...oh yeah, and some stanley cup ticks!!! :D
  • Options
    ...an old nintendo system, and a copy of duck shoot would be a kind gift for him i think...;)

...oh yeah, and some stanley cup ticks!!! :D

If he was there...I'd take him to the game tomorrow night with me! My friend can't go now and he seems deserving! :)
  • Options
    EarthgirlEarthgirl Posts: 695
    oh my god I can't believe my Oilers!!!!!
    Go Oilers Go!!