Options

Edmonton Oilers

Comments

• Options
    MCGMCG Posts: 780
    Better wake up boys! Rolie can't win games by himself, we are gonna need more than 1 goal a game. Speaking of Rolie, he should keep his cool a little more, the late shot really wasn't that big of a deal.
    Which came first,
    the bad idea or me befallen by it?
  • Options
    EarthgirlEarthgirl Posts: 695
    MCG wrote:
    Better wake up boys! Rolie can't win games by himself, we are gonna need more than 1 goal a game. Speaking of Rolie, he should keep his cool a little more, the late shot really wasn't that big of a deal.

I dont blame him for getting pissed off when he was hit after the whistle blew. I think the team is playing great actually, it's really close and that one Sharks goal was a fluke.. everyone scrambling around the net..
  • Options
    Earthgirl wrote:
    I dont blame him for getting pissed off when he was hit after the whistle blew. I think the team is playing great actually, it's really close and that one Sharks goal was a fluke.. everyone scrambling around the net..

But he didn't get hit after the wistle blew, a puck was shot in the net that didn't even touch him and he lost it.

I want the Oil to win too but the goal was not really a fluke, the Oilers failed to clear the zone and they paid the price, simple hockey.

The Oilers are getting outplayed, the shots show it, the time of pocession shows it and the hits show it. They need more offense, 1 goal a game just won't cut it. They can still come back, and I'm confident they will win game 3, but honestly they need to raise their game.
    Which came first,
  • Options
    The winning goal was bullshit in a couple of ways. Cheechoo held Stoll's stick...how do you defend against Thorton with no stick? The commentators said they thought Stoll had a legit gripe...well no shit! Cheechoo dropped his stick on the far side of the ice.....didn't kick it or knock it from Stoll's hands....he CARRIED it to the far side of the ice before dropping it. How is that not holding the stick? Look where it ended up before it even touched the ice! Whatever....Stoll should have tackled Thorton instead of waving at the ref and crying.

Ya that was kind of bullshit but Stoll shouldn't have gotten his stick up in the first place. Cheechoo blatently held it but if Stoll had kept his stick on the ice and tried a stick check, like his coaches have probably been telling him since before Pee Wee, he wouldn't have been in that situation. And waving at the refs isn't going to help anything while play is still going on either, get in the passing lanes or something but don't take yourself out of the play all together. So should the penalty have been called, damn straight, that shit cost the Oilers the game! Stoll could've handled that better though.
    Which came first,
  • Options
    rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,917
    still don't think the Oil have brought their A game. Ethan Moreau played well last night, but other than that, I don't think we showed up. We didn't get the puck to the net the whole third period...that takes determination and heart in the playoffs, and i don't think we had either in the two games so far.

Ales Hemsky needs to take fucking seat...I'm sick of watching that pansy cough up the puck at the blueline to avoid being hit.....and then skating away from the puck so he doesn't have to hit anyone himself.

It's far from over, but the winner of game two is almost always the winner of the series. We may have dug a hole we can't climb out of....

The winning goal was bullshit in a couple of ways. Cheechoo held Stoll's stick...how do you defend against Thorton with no stick? The commentators said they thought Stoll had a legit gripe...well no shit! Cheechoo dropped his stick on the far side of the ice.....didn't kick it or knock it from Stoll's hands....he CARRIED it to the far side of the ice before dropping it. How is that not holding the stick? Look where it ended up before it even touched the ice! Whatever....Stoll should have tackled Thorton instead of waving at the ref and crying.

I'm fucking grumpy today.

Not showing up ... I can relate and feel your pain, my team didn't show up for game 7.
  • Options
    rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,917
    still don't think the Oil have brought their A game. Ethan Moreau played well last night, but other than that, I don't think we showed up. We didn't get the puck to the net the whole third period...that takes determination and heart in the playoffs, and i don't think we had either in the two games so far.

Ales Hemsky needs to take fucking seat...I'm sick of watching that pansy cough up the puck at the blueline to avoid being hit.....and then skating away from the puck so he doesn't have to hit anyone himself.

It's far from over, but the winner of game two is almost always the winner of the series. We may have dug a hole we can't climb out of....

I'm fucking grumpy today.

And I agree that Alice Hemsky is a pansy.
  • Options
    Cree NationsCree Nations Posts: 2,247
    Ouch, what to say.
    E-Town will be a different story. I must say that I thought San Jose had a loud crowd behind them, it's gonna be crazy in the heartland though.

Oil all the way.
    GO OIL GO!

what the hell is going on with Ottawa?

ps. Hemsky is a pansy. I can see him doing a dishwashing commercial pumping up his shaweet mitts.
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009
  • Options
    two W's in the hometown! go oilers! :)
  • Options
    Here We GO OILERS!!!!!!!!
    HERE WE GO
    HERE WE GO
    HERE WE GO
    HERE WE GO
    HERE WE GO
    HERE WE GO
    HERE WE GO
    HERE WE GO
    >>>>
    >

• Options
    Im praying to the Oiler god's right now.. I've smudged away all the impurities and the Oilers are now cleansed of any Duck droppings that were left over.
  • Options
    small town becksmall town beck Posts: 6,691
    GO EDMONTON!! You guys HAVE to win tonight.

GO OILERS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D:D:D

*sends positive vibes across the country to Edmonton*
  • Options
    shaweet hugiddy booooooooooooooooooooo
    >>>>
    >

• Options
    Alberta just HAS to represent man!
    Rarghstarfarian.
  • Options
    This game is SO stressful. C'mon guys, finish them off. ;)
  • Options
    Raider917Raider917 Posts: 73
    this ones burning the midnight oil
  • Options
    Raider917 wrote:
    this ones burning the midnight oil

For sure. It is three am now.. I want to go to bed soon. Well not San Jose winning soon . The guys must be exhausted.
  • Options
    it has to be the longest game of the year now
  • Options
    A third OT :eek: . I think I may have to throw in the towel and go to bed. I don't really want to but I have to work in the morning.

GO OILERS GO!!
  • Options
    prljamgirlprljamgirl Edmonton, AB Posts: 602
    This game is exhausting...I cannot handle overtime, it's way too stressful. The Oilers are playing better hockey than the last two games that's for sure! And both Roloson and Toskala are unreal tonight.....the game would have been over long ago if these guys weren't playing so fantastic!
  • Options
    prljamgirl wrote:
    This game is exhausting...I cannot handle overtime, it's way too stressful. The Oilers are playing better hockey than the last two games that's for sure! And both Roloson and Toskala are unreal tonight.....the game would have been over long ago if these guys weren't playing so fantastic!

Everytime San Jose has the puck in the Edmonton zone, I turn the channel for a minute. WAY too stressful.

Not at the game tonight? Too bad it would certainly be amazing to be there. This is clearly the Oiler's game, I only hope San Jose doesn't get a fluke.

Hope you weren't one of those girls flashing on the BlueMile! We Oiler girls have to keep up our good reputation ;)

I know I said I was going to bed. I better get going.
  • Options
    Everytime San Jose has the puck in the Edmonton zone, I turn the channel for a minute. WAY too stressful.

Not at the game tonight? Too bad it would certainly be amazing to be there. This is clearly the Oiler's game, I only hope San Jose doesn't get a fluke.

Hope you weren't one of those girls flashing on the BlueMile! We Oiler girls have to keep up our good reputation ;)

I know I said I was going to bed. I better get going.

I was absolutely not one of the girls flashing down on Whyte Ave! I'm a good girl....or so I'd like to think!!! Haha!! :D
    And no, not at the game tonight. It's my turn on Friday...gotta share the tix!!!
  • Options
    I am seriously breaking down in tears... I can not take it anymore. You can do it boys, you can do it.
  • Options
    Earthgirl wrote:
    I am seriously breaking down in tears... I can not take it anymore. You can do it boys, you can do it.

I feel for you.....I'm in bad shape here!!!!!! K, game's back on! Gotta go!
  • Options
    Earthgirl wrote:

yep. I am sending all the positive vibes I can. They just need this SO badly.
  • Options
    its a series now
  • Options
    I am SO glad I didn't go to bed. OMG!!!
  • Options
    Woooooooooohooooooooooooo!!!!! Way to go Oilers!!!!
  • Options
    I am SO glad I didn't go to bed. OMG!!!

I'm happy that you didn't go to bed too!! It would suck to have watched that whole game and then miss that!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Great game! The Oil really deserved that one, they outplayed and outclassed (with the exception of big George lol) the Sharks. The 6th man was playing hard in that one!
    Which came first,
  • Options
    damn, damn double damn!!! triple damn in fact! i fell asleep as the game was going into OT! oilers win in 3OT! awesome! go oilers! :)