~:~:~:The Doggie Thread!!:~:~:~

Comments

• SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    http://community.webshots.com/album/305126542HYjkXv

a few pics of my stupid, but lovable (and evil!) dog back home.

please never say your doggie is stupid!!!! i LOVE those pictures!!!! Does this beautiFLOW puppy have a name?
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
    sicnevol wrote:
    I saw some guy smack his dog once so I slap him. I was How the fuck do you like it?

RIGHT ON!!!!!!! good for you!!!! :)

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

• swedeswede Posts: 558
    before i get to know dogs.. they honestly scare me
  • SENROCK! wrote:
    please never say your doggie is stupid!!!! i LOVE those pictures!!!! Does this beautiFLOW puppy have a name?

if you met my dog, you'd know that she's a complete ditz. :p

and her name is Babie (ugh!). My sister named her. I think we could've named her a lot better than that. -_-;
    What's this? What's this? What's this?
    Hot! Hot! Hot! Hot! Hot!

The ocean, use of electricity, baby earth chicken soup! Bamboo grass?
    For the pair of us is an evening and a broken reputation!
  • SchlitzSchlitz Posts: 141
    My best friend and her fiancee just got a dog on Friday. Here is 6 week old Homer. I went over and played with him yesterday he was awake maybe 20 minutes then just like that he was passed out in puppyland. He is so damn cute.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v73/Schlitz/Kelly/homer_6weeks.jpg
    i have to remain at top sassiness, even though my inner sass is struggling
  • totaledheadtotaledhead Posts: 197
    Schlitz wrote:
    My best friend and her fiancee just got a dog on Friday. Here is 6 week old Homer. I went over and played with him yesterday he was awake maybe 20 minutes then just like that he was passed out in puppyland. He is so damn cute.

That is the cutest fricken puppy I've ever seen, awww!!

~P@M~
  • SchlitzSchlitz Posts: 141
    That is the cutest fricken puppy I've ever seen, awww!!

~P@M~
    I know. I wanted to take him with me. There is five left in his litter that still need a home and they were trying to convince me to get one. I'd love to and would if I didn't work all day. He would need someone home with him as a puppy and I can't give him that. :(
    i have to remain at top sassiness, even though my inner sass is struggling
  • CollinCollin Posts: 4,932
    My parents won't let me get one (even though they both had dogs when they were young...)
    I want a big dog.
    I saw this guy, he was traveling through europe, he didn't have any money, didn't have a home etc. all he had was his dog which he found on the street. I have never seen a better trained dog (my uncle has a police dog by the way) it was his companion, his friend...

I'd love a dog like that, I want a dog that can protect me and is my best friend...

and it has to be a big one...
    THANK YOU, LOSTDAWG!

naděje umírá poslední
  • totaledheadtotaledhead Posts: 197
    Schlitz wrote:
    I know. I wanted to take him with me. There is five left in his litter that still need a home and they were trying to convince me to get one. I'd love to and would if I didn't work all day. He would need someone home with him as a puppy and I can't give him that. :(

At least your being fair about it. I hate when people get pets and work long hours its not fair to the animal. My parents got a puppy (u can see a pic of him somewhere around the thread) they work 9-5 but my bro is home most of the time to feed him let him out etc which is good. But look at it this way u dont need to house train him and thats a very painfull job ;)

~P@M~

• OMG! What a cutie, I had posted a picture of my dog earlier and you had mentioned that she looked like your dog and you are right.

Sorry about your loss, I know it is so sad :(
  • OMG! What a cutie, I had posted a picture of my dog earlier and you had mentioned that she looked like your dog and you are right.

Sorry about your loss, I know it is so sad :(

They're definite cousins eh? Different colouring but same features. They're just too cute is what they are! :) Give your girl a big hug for me.
    Schlitz wrote:

oh MAN i lOVE seeing doggies cuddled and sleeping like that!!!!! Tell them congrats for me please!!!!! :)

if you met my dog, you'd know that she's a complete ditz. :p

and her name is Babie (ugh!). My sister named her. I think we could've named her a lot better than that. -_-;

okay ditz sounds ALOT better!!!!! :)

Schlitz wrote:

i applaud you on this decision!!! MAN!! thats so great of you because most people dont take any of this into consideration. Doggies are children & need assistance at ALL times!!! I wish there were more people like you Schlitz!!! :)

swede wrote:
    before i get to know dogs.. they honestly scare me

oh stop it swede!!!!! you know u LOVVVVE them!!!! ;)

Here's my boy, Duffy. I got him for my 10th birthday. We had to put him down 4 weeks ago - he was 16.

:(

Im so sorry for your loss. Its NEVER easy. I've alreddie added him to the very first post of this thread!!! Thanks for the pictures~he's definitely cuddly in them!!!

• SENROCK! wrote:
    Im so sorry for your loss. Its NEVER easy. I've alreddie added him to the very first post of this thread!!! Thanks for the pictures~he's definitely cuddly in them!!!

Thanks SENROCK! :)
  • pjsalpjsal Posts: 80

You obviously took great care of him & gave him a happy life--16 is a very ripe old age! It's never easy to let go of a pet, but the fact that you put him to sleep shows kindness. Just remember that you did nothing but care for him, all the way to the end...
    I've experienced this with two special dogs, so I know what you're going through. For me, the best remedy is to adopt another dog from the shelter as soon as you're ready.
    Recycle...what goes around comes around.

www.sallysbeadworks.com
  • pjsal wrote:
    You obviously took great care of him & gave him a happy life--16 is a very ripe old age! It's never easy to let go of a pet, but the fact that you put him to sleep shows kindness. Just remember that you did nothing but care for him, all the way to the end...
    I've experienced this with two special dogs, so I know what you're going through. For me, the best remedy is to adopt another dog from the shelter as soon as you're ready.

:( Screen's all blurry now. Thanks pjsal. :) I know there are dogs in my future and I do look forward to that. It's still early yet, but sometime...
  • pjsalpjsal Posts: 80
    :( Screen's all blurry now. Thanks pjsal. :) I know there are dogs in my future and I do look forward to that. It's still early yet, but sometime...

Awwwwww...sorry to make you cry.
    Those dogs in your future will be lucky, and you'll probably teach them how to be good environmentalists by carrying their own dog food cans to the recycle bin. ;):D
    Recycle...what goes around comes around.

www.sallysbeadworks.com
  • pjsal wrote:

oh my god, duffy was the cutest dog ever!
  • pjsal wrote:
    Awwwwww...sorry to make you cry.
    Those dogs in your future will be lucky, and you'll probably teach them how to be good environmentalists by carrying their own dog food cans to the recycle bin. ;):D

:D HAHAHA! You're so right! S/he'll have to be a big fella to get the lid off the bin and all! ;)
    oh my god, duffy was the cutest dog ever!
    Thanks BackwardsBlues1, I have to agree but I'm completely biased. :)
  • They're definite cousins eh? Different colouring but same features. They're just too cute is what they are! :) Give your girl a big hug for me.

I believe they are cousins...I had to give her to my parents a few years ago because I didn't have a yard, so now I only see her on occasion. After reading your post, I had a dream about her and in the dream she ran away! But she came back and then I gave her a big hug.
  • I believe they are cousins...I had to give her to my parents a few years ago because I didn't have a yard, so now I only see her on occasion. After reading your post, I had a dream about her and in the dream she ran away! But she came back and then I gave her a big hug.

:) Glad it had a good ending! It's sad to be away from pets (I had to do that as well when I was at university and travelling) but good that you have that to look forward to each visit. :)
    Thanks SENROCK! :)

youre very welcome!!! And what pjsal said is comPLETELY right on. :)

• DinghyDogDinghyDog Posts: 587
    edited November 2012
    -
    Post edited by DinghyDog on
    DinghyDog wrote:
    hi everyone

if you read the frst couple of pages you might come across a post i made about my dog, blitz the border collie.

this morning i had him put down. he was 16 and 5 monhts. his body failed him but he was smart and alert until the very last which makes it so much worse for me. he knew something wasn't right. it was peaceful. we have an excellent vet who handled it well. he said his muscles had atrophied until there was nothing left. the last week he couldn't walk. he fouled himself. he howled and cried during the night and day when he tried to get up but couldn't.

so he's gone now.

in 6 hours i'm leaving for australia to be with the one i love, pacifier/whateverMYhappy.

so i guess two goodbyes and two hellos are in order.

goodbye blits. and goodbye south africa. i'll come visit again. i love you both.

and hello australia, and hello my loved one. i love you.

here is a link. he's the black and white one, the last of 4 pics. (DSC00075.jpg )

http://photobucket.com/albums/y113/DinghyDog/Tuppence/

i'm really sorry about Blitz!!! He lived a really long life though so thats good. Its never easy cuz u KNOW they dont live FLOWever but u somehow think they will. More importantly he knew you loved him with everything you hadd. He's no longer in pain which is GREAT!!! Enjoy your new love(s) & a little bit more for Blitz...oh & i alreddie aded him to the first post~

Heres a funny picture of a beautiFLOW doggie named ZEN who belongs to Gotz Id.......

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v493/SENROCK04/zen2.jpg

• DinghyDog wrote:
    hi everyone

if you read the frst couple of pages you might come across a post i made about my dog, blitz the border collie.

this morning i had him put down. he was 16 and 5 monhts. his body failed him but he was smart and alert until the very last which makes it so much worse for me. he knew something wasn't right. it was peaceful. we have an excellent vet who handled it well. he said his muscles had atrophied until there was nothing left. the last week he couldn't walk. he fouled himself. he howled and cried during the night and day when he tried to get up but couldn't.

so he's gone now.

in 6 hours i'm leaving for australia to be with the one i love, pacifier/whateverMYhappy.

so i guess two goodbyes and two hellos are in order.

goodbye blits. and goodbye south africa. i'll come visit again. i love you both.

and hello australia, and hello my loved one. i love you.

here is a link. he's the black and white one, the last of 4 pics. (DSC00075.jpg )

http://photobucket.com/albums/y113/DinghyDog/Tuppence/

:( So sorry about your pooch. I know your hurting - take care.