Options

~:~:~:The Doggie Thread!!:~:~:~

Comments

• Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    SEN my sister just brought over her new beagle for me to dogsit! this freaking puppy is like attached to the hip to me i swear i cant even pee without him being in the same room.... but between you and me shhh... i renamed him Jeff hehehee

jazz why didnt u call me!!!!
    i wanna see "jeff"!!!!!
    How long are u dog sitting for?
    Take some pics & post them!!!!
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!
    i LOVE THEM!!!!!!
    We need to have a doggie get together
    with all these beauties!!!! Who's
    doggie birthday is coming up?
    We need a party!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

• Options
    idratherbe wrote:
    Sorry to say I don't have pics of my newest 2 greyhounds. However, here are some of my babies:

Casey
    http://photobucket.com/albums/a150/soccerliz/?action=view&current=98ac35d3.jpg

Evie
    http://photobucket.com/albums/a150/soccerliz/?action=view&current=14eca747.jpg

You can also see my 2 greys I had to put down last year (SOB!) and my oldass cat if you scroll thru the pics there.

Now I'm motivated to go get pics of Otto and Walker. :)

~peace~

THANK YOU LIZ!!!!!!
    oh man i'm sitting here
    staring at my screen just
    wanting tobe around
    all these doggies!!!
    WE NEED to buy out
    a day care & just EXXXPAND
    WORLDWIDE!!!!!

• Options
    SO many cute little beagles!!!

I just have to repost a pic of Lukin!

He is SUCH a cuddler! He always has to be close to me! I wish I could afford to have two of them. Just one of them is enough work for me!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v649/imlostimnoguide/Lukinandhisstuffy.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v649/imlostimnoguide/FattyLukin.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v649/imlostimnoguide/Gettingbig.bmp

Lukin RULES!!!!!!
    oh my god!!!!! Beagles
    are SO beautiFLOW!!!
    especially the ones
    in this thread!!!!
    Thanks for posting!!!!

• Options

WAHHHHHHHnderFLOW!!!!!
    I wish every person
    on here would post a pic
    of their doggies!!! i love
    looking at their cuteness!!!

• Options
    This is definitely the most entertaining Thread I have ever participated in! I should probally stop by this All Encompassing trip area more often!

Bart's Birthday is in Oct. Party in Denver
    Can I get a spacious little hole in the ground? Somewhere nice?
  • Options
    Duffy would have been 17 today if the winter/spring had been a bit kinder to him. :(
    I'll just hope he's on a deck in doggie heaven, eyes half closed in the sunshine enjoying the wind ruffle his fluffiness. (always his favourite summertime pose)
  • Options
    SweetRelief......
    i have a direct connection
    to Doggie Heaven and i
    got word that my doggies
    baskin & king champ are
    with Duffy chillin' out
    in the sun enjoying the summertime.
    They've been warned to
    put MORE sunscreen on but
    they are being rebellious!!!
    They send their love and said
    for us not to bother them because
    they are busy enjoying the
    wind FLOWin' thru their hair
    and the cool breeze is relaxxxing them.
    :)

• Options
    i cant even imagine coming
    home and not seeing Surf.
    Not seeing his tail wagging,
    not hearing him breathe. Not watching
    him curl up on my shirt.
    Not being able to hear him
    sigh deeply once i'm home &
    he sleeps nexxxt to me. Not
    seeing his eyes when i ask
    if he wants a scooby snack.
    Not touching his nose. Not brushing
    his hair. Not hear him wimper when
    i get in the E~class.
    Not see him grab a toy & follow
    me around. Not see him wait outside
    the door when i take a shower
    or when i'm cooking. Not see
    him tilt his head when i ask
    if he wants to go somewhere
    with me. Not see his face while
    the wind is blowing when we're
    driving. He's my whole life.

• Options
    SENROCK! wrote:
    SweetRelief......
    i have a direct connection
    to Doggie Heaven and i
    got word that my doggies
    baskin & king champ are
    with Duffy chillin' out
    in the sun enjoying the summertime.
    They've been warned to
    put MORE sunscreen on but
    they are being rebellious!!!
    They send their love and said
    for us not to bother them because
    they are busy enjoying the
    wind FLOWin' thru their hair
    and the cool breeze is relaxxxing them.
    :)
    :(
    Thank you SENROCK! :) (I like to hope, but direct connections are always best)

Heard some sad news last night - Duffy's girlfriend Lady is being put down today...she's 18! Rescued from a shelter by my aunt & uncle when she was ~3. Loved like a child for all these years. Recently something is happening inside that the vet can't pinpoint and she's crying all the time. They are heartbroken.

We always laughed at Duffy & Lady when they got together, he's a small fluffball and she's so big (comparatively) with long legs. He would follow her everywhere! He LOVED her man. She acted coy but we know how she really felt. Looks like they'll be together again. :)
  • Options
    ANXXXIOUSLY awaiting
    purple rhino pics......

• Options
    PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    I'm having a hard time with one of my dogs, he is no less then 16 and has lost control of his bladder and bowels, and his hind quarters have given out. We only adopted him 5 years ago and he really needs to be put to sleep, but after having just lost my Dad~I'm having a hard time going to the vet to take care of him, sometime in the next month we will have to go ~wish me luck.

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • Options
    PJaddicted wrote:
    I'm having a hard time with one of my dogs, he is no less then 16 and has lost control of his bladder and bowels, and his hind quarters have given out. We only adopted him 5 years ago and he really needs to be put to sleep, but after having just lost my Dad~I'm having a hard time going to the vet to take care of him, sometime in the next month we will have to go ~wish me luck.

oxc

oh man. Thats horrible. *hugs*
    I'm being faced with a decision myself......
    and my best friend just put his
    rottie to sleep last week cuz
    she hadd hip problems that i guess
    runs in the rottie fam. It led to cancer
    and she couldnt walk or do anything.
    i swear, dogs are people.

• Options
    SENROCK! wrote:
    oh man. Thats horrible. *hugs*
    I'm being faced with a decision myself......
    and my best friend just put his
    rottie to sleep last week cuz
    she hadd hip problems that i guess
    runs in the rottie fam. It led to cancer
    and she couldnt walk or do anything.
    i swear, dogs are people.

Gods biggest blunder, not giving dogs a longer life! My two others are 8 and 5. The 8 year old has a slipped disk, so I must keep his weight down, and have~he went to the vet this week and lost 5 pounds~he will loose his back end sooner then most dogs~so I'm keeping him slim! Sucks big time when you have them go earlier!!!

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • Options
    PJaddicted wrote:
    Gods biggest blunder, not giving dogs a longer life! My two others are 8 and 5. The 8 year old has a slipped disk, so I must keep his weight down, and have~he went to the vet this week and lost 5 pounds~he will loose his back end sooner then most dogs~so I'm keeping him slim! Sucks big time when you have them go earlier!!!

oxc

yes. i totally wish doggies
    were meant to be around FLOWever.
    I'm not an emotional person
    but when it comes to doggies....
    i get so caught up!!! People
    just dont get it. Thats why i'm gladd
    theres this thread where i feel
    at peace talking dogs!!!! :D

• Options
    SENROCK! wrote:
    yes. i totally wish doggies
    were meant to be around FLOWever.
    I'm not an emotional person
    but when it comes to doggies....
    i get so caught up!!! People
    just dont get it. Thats why i'm gladd
    theres this thread where i feel
    at peace talking dogs!!!! :D

My moms dog is almost 15, she lost my Dad, three months later her mom and now I'm worried about her dog~I think she will completely loose it if anything happens to Terri now! She treats that dog like a person~not that mine aren't treated any different!
    oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

— Unknown
  • Options
    PJaddicted...i am soooo sorry to hear about you dad and baby (doggie).

Sen., i am still trying to figure out the pix thing. we found a new dog park. it's like twenty miles away, but i might take her today.
    i am a purple rhino dressed in a green prom dress
  • Options
    FunkeR hates dogs.
  • Options

• Options
    SENROCK! funny that you ask when her birthday is. I JUST bought an astrolgy for the dogs book! and she matches her sigh sigh to a T! We think she was born around Jan. 14th, wich makes her a capricorn. Tree: Pine. metal: lead. day: saturday. element: earth. deepest dream: to belong to the Prime Minister. celeberity dog: Nipper-dog is His Master's Voice RCA advertisment. She looks a lot like the RCA dog. \
    We say "she adopted US, just as we adpoted HER."
    Yes, she has been and loves HB dog beach. We are part of thier non-profit organization! http://www.dogbeach.org she is truely a california girl. dog beach in the summer and hiking in the snow at Mt. Baldy in the winter. we are not sure who loves each other more. her loving us, or us loveing her. She doesn't understand why sometimes we have to leave her home. (concerts, happy hour, and work) yet, everyday, we try to explain and come home with so much guilt, that we either take her to jack in the box for a chicken sandwich (and we dont even eat meat!) or through the dairy quenn drive through for a small cone.
  • Options
    i bet that dog is fun as hell to play with!
    cool dog man!

thanks! she is sooo awesome! she saved us, just as much as we saved her!

sooooooo much fun! never, ever runs out of energy! as long as we can go, so will she!
  • Options
    :( I have no doggies right now.
    I have had dogs in the past, right now i have three cats, 7 goldfish (feeder rescues) and a freshwater snail, i feed the wild birds and squirrells that came to live in the tree in my yard when they clear cut the woods next to my house...

um.. ppl keep giving me beanie babies even tho i am thirty fecking five......(i am no beanie lover, but they are gifts bought with loving thoughts by family members, i am a beanie mommy by force!)

one of those is a dog... a chihuahua.... does that count? :p
    Lost in the moonlight,
    Heather

"...Like an angel, I live alone
    I'm not livin' what was promised
    I am close but can't enjoy
    Oh, I'm not dyin'
    Oh, I'm so tortured, 'cause I see all
    Tortured, and all I cannot do
    Tortured, all I should have done....
    I am far from glorified...."
  • Options
    :( I have no doggies right now.
    I have had dogs in the past, right now i have three cats, 7 goldfish (feeder rescues) and a freshwater snail, i feed the wild birds and squirrells that came to live in the tree in my yard when they clear cut the woods next to my house...

um.. ppl keep giving me beanie babies even tho i am thirty fecking five......(i am no beanie lover, but they are gifts bought with loving thoughts by family members, i am a beanie mommy by force!)

one of those is a dog... a chihuahua.... does that count? :p

hahaha i'm gonna have
    to say.....YES that counts!! :D
    and welcome to THE PIT if
    youre new!!!!

p.s whats the chihuahua's name?

• Options
    SENROCK! funny that you ask when her birthday is. I JUST bought an astrolgy for the dogs book! and she matches her sigh sigh to a T! We think she was born around Jan. 14th, wich makes her a capricorn. Tree: Pine. metal: lead. day: saturday. element: earth. deepest dream: to belong to the Prime Minister. celeberity dog: Nipper-dog is His Master's Voice RCA advertisment. She looks a lot like the RCA dog. \
    Yes, she has been and loves HB dog beach. We are part of thier non-profit organization! http://www.dogbeach.org she is truely a california girl. dog beach in the summer and hiking in the snow at Mt. Baldy in the winter. we are not sure who loves each other more. her loving us, or us loveing her. She doesn't understand why sometimes we have to leave her home. (concerts, happy hour, and work) yet, everyday, we try to explain and come home with so much guilt, that we either take her to jack in the box for a chicken sandwich (and we dont even eat meat!) or through the dairy quenn drive through for a small cone.

oh man. we have GOT to hang out.....

• Options
    idratherbeidratherbe Posts: 366

All this from my dear friends who, before they got Madelyn, would wonder why the F I would go on and on about my dogs! Purple Rhino and Labmonk-e both told me later, "we just didn't get it, but NOW WE DO!!!"

*tear*

I'm so proud. :D

I'm going to TRY to remember to get pictures of our newest greys over the weekend and get them posted. Evie's photo needs to be updated too; the one I posted was right after we got her (off the street! took 4 months to capture her!) and she was still a pup!

Dogs rule.

~peace~
    Never allow someone to be your Priority,
    While allowing yourself to be their Option.

‹^›_‹(ô¿ô)›_‹^›

Please visit daily: www.theanimalrescuesite.com
  • Options
    Heres some helpful inFLOW.....

“Can dogs get sunburned?”

Any dog can get a sunburn. But light-colored dogs, hairless or shaved dogs or dogs who have no pigment on their nose are most at risk.

A dog's sunburn starts with redness and hair loss on the ear tips, bridge of the nose, or abdomen. The belly is particularly prone to sunburn because the coat is thinner in that area, and because of the extra sunlight that reflects up from the sidewalk or hot sand on the beach.

For dogs, sunburn and excessive exposure to UV radiation can lead to skin ulceration, infection, a worsening of existing skin problems, and even skin cancer. Breeds that are predisposed to cancer, such as Boxers and Dalmations, need to be extra careful in the sun.

Actually, any dog susceptible to sunburn should be kept out of direct summer sun, especially in the middle of the day when the sun is strongest.

Other than limiting sun exposure, you can protect your dog by applying sunblock (SPF 15 or greater) on the small susceptible areas of skin, such as the bridge of the nose, the ear tips and on the fur along the head or back. Be sure he doesn't lick it off!

Sunblock is usually not effective on the abdomen. It can rub off easily. So protect this area, or any area of exposed skin, using a t-shirt (children's or adult, depending on the size of your dog) fitted over your dog's body.

If you suspect your dog has a sunburn, take him to your vet clinic.

And remember: an ounce of prevention-in the form of sunscreen or shade-can ensure that the dog days of summer remain a fun and healthy time for both you and your dog.

• Options
    DinghyDogDinghyDog Posts: 587
    edited November 2012
    -
    Post edited by DinghyDog on
  • Options
    DinghyDog wrote:
    hey folks

the album is now updated with pics of a more grown tuppence having a bath and of our new puppy crinkles the black lab. finally got to perth --- good to have thins back to quasi normal. seeya
    oh my they're cute!