~:~:~:The Doggie Thread!!:~:~:~

Comments

• SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    I just wanted to say how much i love my SURFER!!!!! he's so beautiFLOW!!!! He climbed up on my bedd & sighed & tucked his paws under his chin & closed his eyes!!!! I move just a tiny bit here on my desk & he opens one eye to see if i'm leaving!!!! i LOVE HIM!!!!!
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
    THIS IS LASSIE. HE'S A DOGGIE THAT MY GRAMPA BOUGHT FOR MY GRAMA WHEN THEY BOUGHT THEIR REITIREMENT HOUSE. SINCE MY GRAMPA JUST DIED.......I DONT KNOW WHO WILL TAKE CARE OF LASSIE!!! IT SADDENS ME SO MUCH!!!! HE'S A VERY LOVEABLE DOGGIE. HE JUST NEEDS MORE ATTENTION!!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v493/SENROCK04/lassie2.jpg

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

• armanHammerarmanHammer Posts: 471
    Riverside.. LA.. California. EV?

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW LOOK AT THOSE EYES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• signaltonoisesignaltonoise Posts: 241
    remember Fiona? I posted some pics before, but they were from when she was still small...

look at the difference now -

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v84/muody/Fiona/055_20050120.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v84/muody/Fiona/058_20050120.jpg
    Per sognare altri mondi non è mai troppo tardi
    Another world is possible
    remember Fiona? I posted some pics before, but they were from when she was still small...

look at the difference now -

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v84/muody/Fiona/055_20050120.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v84/muody/Fiona/058_20050120.jpg

awwwwwwww she's BEAUTIFLOW!!!!!!

• SweetReliefSweetRelief Posts: 71
    I thought this would be the most appropriate thread to post this story in...(and I didn't want it being turned into an argument for/against abortion on A Moving Train :rolleyes: )

http://news.sympatico.msn.ca/OddNews/ContentPosting.aspx?contentid=fb5ba5b2d6524a59ba25e7be1801d84b&show=False&number=0&showbyline=True&subtitle=&detect=&abc=abc

Stray dog in Kenya retrieves abandoned baby, takes her to litter of puppies
    09/05/2005 11:32:00 AM

NAIROBI, Kenya (AP) - A stray dog saved the life of a newborn baby after finding the abandoned infant in a forest and apparently carrying it across a busy road and through some barbed wire to her litter of puppies, witnesses said.

The stray dog found the infant, clad in tattered clothing, in a poor neighbourhood near the Ngong Forests in the capital of Nairobi, Stephen Thoya told the Daily Nation newspaper.

The dog apparently found the baby Friday in a plastic bag in which the infant had been abandoned, said Aggrey Mwalimu, owner of the shed where the animal was guarding its puppies. The seven-pound, four-ounce infant was taken to hospital for treatment on Saturday.

"She is doing well, responding to treatment," Hanna Gakuo, a spokeswoman for Kenyatta National Hospital, told The Associated Press in a telephone interview from the hospital where health workers named the infant Angel.

"She is stable. She is on antibiotics," said Gakuo.

Kenya's news media often report the abandonment of newborns by mothers. Poverty and the inability to care for the child are seen as the root cause of the problem. Most people who abandon babies are never caught.

"Abandoned babies are normally taken to the Kenyatta National Hospital because it is a public hospital," Gakuo said. "People are now donating diapers and baby clothes for this one."
  • DinghyDog wrote:
    hi everyone

if you read the frst couple of pages you might come across a post i made about my dog, blitz the border collie.

this morning i had him put down. he was 16 and 5 monhts. his body failed him but he was smart and alert until the very last which makes it so much worse for me. he knew something wasn't right. it was peaceful. we have an excellent vet who handled it well. he said his muscles had atrophied until there was nothing left. the last week he couldn't walk. he fouled himself. he howled and cried during the night and day when he tried to get up but couldn't.

so he's gone now.

in 6 hours i'm leaving for australia to be with the one i love, pacifier/whateverMYhappy.

so i guess two goodbyes and two hellos are in order.

goodbye blits. and goodbye south africa. i'll come visit again. i love you both.

and hello australia, and hello my loved one. i love you.

here is a link. he's the black and white one, the last of 4 pics. (DSC00075.jpg )

http://photobucket.com/albums/y113/DinghyDog/Tuppence/

Dinghy,
    so very sorry for you
    blitz was beautiful
    hope you have a safe trip and hope Australia cheers you up a little:)
    take care
    he who forgets will be destined to remember
    I thought this would be the most appropriate thread to post this story in...(and I didn't want it being turned into an argument for/against abortion on A Moving Train :rolleyes: )

http://news.sympatico.msn.ca/OddNews/ContentPosting.aspx?contentid=fb5ba5b2d6524a59ba25e7be1801d84b&show=False&number=0&showbyline=True&subtitle=&detect=&abc=abc

Stray dog in Kenya retrieves abandoned baby, takes her to litter of puppies
    09/05/2005 11:32:00 AM

that is a FLOWTASTICK story!!!!! :)

I LOVE my Doggie!!!!! :D
    doesnt anyone have
    anymore pictures?

• kevinbeetlekevinbeetle Posts: 358
    SENROCK! wrote:
    I LOVE my Doggie!!!!! :D
    doesnt anyone have
    anymore pictures?

I'm trying to get Gumby to a groomer and then I will post some pics. Problem is, he's matted pretty bad and he's got arthritis. No one wants to groom him because of his age and condition. I was told I could get him anesthicized (sp) and then surgically shaved, but no one wants to do that either. I've been looking for the past three weeks.
    heres some random doggie inFLOW.....

Keeping Your Older Dog in Good Shape

Everything In Moderation

Taking it easy is the key to exercising your older dog. Walking is ideal for your senior dog because it keeps his muscles toned and his joints moving. If he hasn't been active recently, start gradually with short walks. The length of a walk is dependant on the dog's condition, age and breed. Two brief walks a day are better than one long walk. Establish a routine but don't take him out in extreme temperatures or weather.

Get Interactive

Playing with your dog - indoors or outdoors - is a great way to get him moving. But keep things light: when playing fetch, don't throw the ball as far as you did when he was younger. Keep the tosses short so he doesn't overexert himself. Hide-and-seek is another fun way to hone his scenting abilities - since he's always "it", you can't lose!

Before and After Exercise

A few extra tips to keep in mind when considering your older dog and exercise:

Feed him the best quality food.

Exercise him before he eats and then wait 30 minutes before feeding him.

Give him a comfortable place to rest, such as an orthopedic bed.

Offer small amounts of water frequently after exercise, instead of allowing him to gulp a large bowl full.

• Anna_falkAnna_falk Posts: 114
    I love dogs as well, i am borrowing my cousins dog *Tompa* today and we
    are just about to go out on a walk in the nice spring weather jiihooo :)
    (He is a welsh springer spaniel)
    To worry about tomorrow doesn't make it easier,
    it only makes today worse.
    Anna_falk wrote:
    I love dogs as well, i am borrowing my cousins dog *Tompa* today and we
    are just about to go out on a walk in the nice spring weather jiihooo :)
    (He is a welsh springer spaniel)

"borrowing" a dog!!!! Thats cool!!! :)
    Take some pictures so
    we can admire the pup!!!!!

20 Training Do’s and Don'ts

Do focus on your dog. Training must be about bringing him into your world by understanding his instincts and natural behaviors.
    Do be honest with him. Never fool him into doing what you want or tease him with commands you teach him.
    Do begin each command with the end in sight. Reward your dog lavishly but only when he has completed the task you've set.
    Do be consistent. Always use the same words for desired behaviors and the same tone of voice.
    Do think ahead. Anticipate your dog's actions before he moves.
    Do reward or admonish your dog immediately. He needs to associate praise or admonishment with the specific act.
    Do teach him one command at a time.
    Do allow some time to take in your command then act. He may not react immediately but this is not necessarily a sign of disobedience. Be patient.
    Do enjoy yourself and he will too. He will associate his training with companionship. So it will become easier for both of you.
    Do be kind, always, and patient. A poorly trained dog is the fault of the trainer, not the dog.

Don'ts of Dog Training

Don't ever allow others, during his training, to pamper him any more than you would. You're his master and he must look to you for leadership.
    Don't ever finish a training session on a bad note. Remain positive and praise him for any progress made.
    Don't punish him while you're angry.
    Don't lose your temper while training. He needs to understand that you are in control.
    Don't chase him if you want him to come; he must come to you.
    Don't deceive your dog with praise to bring him to you, then punish him, when he's been naughty. Be honest with him.
    Don't continually repeat the same command to your dog until he executes it. He should understand you very early. Be patient but don't overuse the command.
    Don't discipline your dog for disobedience unless you're certain that he understood the command you gave.
    Don't reward your dog for a given behavior, then later admonish him for the same behavior. Consistency is crucial.
    Don't allow anybody else to command your dog while you're training him.

• StinkfootStinkfoot Posts: 546
    Oh Sen...You know I said last week about our dog having white spots on her eyes....Still no improvement, but The Vet said it wasn't blindness, possibly an infection caused by some scratching (I guess from running through bushes or something).

We've been putting drops and gel on for around a week so fingers crossed she'll be back on top form soon...
    "I get into a state of consciousness that I can't explain. It is about feeling and not thinking. I get positive chills and insight into things that I can't get to any other way. It is Healing of the Soul." - Mike McCready
    Stinkfoot wrote:
    Oh Sen...You know I said last week about our dog having white spots on her eyes....Still no improvement, but The Vet said it wasn't blindness, possibly an infection caused by some scratching (I guess from running through bushes or something).

We've been putting drops and gel on for around a week so fingers crossed she'll be back on top form soon...

Great news!!!! HopeFLOWly she'll
    be back to FLOWin soon!!!! And uhm....
    pictures bro!!!

• SweetReliefSweetRelief Posts: 71
    Stinkfoot wrote:

:( I'm sure she will be. If it continues the vet will likely increase the concentration of the drops until she does get better.

Something similar happened to my pooch when we left him at doggie daycare one time - the vet said he must've got into something that got stuck in his eye, and from rubbing it around too much it caused an ulcer on his eye which proceeded to get infected. So we got the drops and gel like you. But the unfortunate part was when he spread the infection to the other eye just by rubbing one eye with his paw then the other. So within a couple of days both eyes were swollen shut...he was a little blind puppy, and our hearts were broken for about a day until the first eye got a bit better and opened up. It was so sad to see him that way, and it was hard to see my dad obviously upset by it. :(

He got better though, and so will your poochy :)
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,250
    I miss Ricky the wonderpup. He was an English Springer Spaniel. Whenever I need to be happy all of a sudden I am and I know he's around.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
    This is a picture
    of my little Prince.
    I was transporting him
    to our new home
    and i hadd been NOT
    exxxcited about it.
    Then when i seen SURFER
    and the way he looked,
    it melted everything into
    peace.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v493/SENROCK04/surf.jpg

• Anna_falkAnna_falk Posts: 114
    You seem to be very good with dogs, i'm happy for your dogs sake :)
    To worry about tomorrow doesn't make it easier,
    it only makes today worse.
  • PJLeaver44PJLeaver44 Posts: 44
    I have a soft coated wheaten terrier named Denver. My mom has really bad allergies and this was the only type of dog we could have because they are hypo-allergenic. They're so expensive that we had to get a rescue one, and he has an ulcer that we have to give him pills for everyday inside a piece of cheese or else he'll throw up a lot. But he's the best dog I've ever seen in my life, he can be full of energy, and he walks really well. We've had him for two years now almost, and I think our whole family has been a lot happier because of him. :)
    Grand Rapids 10/3/04, Kitchener 9/11/05, Grand Rapids 5/19/06, Detroit 5/22/06

"Who set the standard, born to be rich--Paris Hilton--Such fine example, skinny little bitch" -Ed, 5/19/06

www.myspace.com/radiomessiah
  • Hands boundHands bound Posts: 534
    I have an American Eskimo that lives in missouri with my mom, dad and sister. She's 10 years old and it would have been too much stress for her to move her from there.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/handsbound/kiana.bmp
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/handsbound/Kiana.jpg (and no, her eyes really aren't that green....I think it was the flash on my sis's digital camera)

She's my baby and I can't wait to get home and see her at Christmastime :)
    Underneath this smile lies everything
    all my hopes, anger, pride and shame...
  • EddiesGurlEddiesGurl Posts: 166
    I have a doggie, she is the baby of the house, she is our first dog ever...we got her when i was a freshman in hs & that was 8yrs ago....

but anyway, she is a miniature collie, her name is Zoey. she is the most *happy* dog ever! she always makes me feel like someone is happy to see me walk in the door...i love it! i'll be so sad when she leaves us...:(....ok NOT going there! Anyway, she is SO smart! I taught her paw, sit, lay, roll-over, up, speak! She is the best dog! K, w/ out further adu ~~

http://photobucket.com/albums/v625/PJzGirlMeg/?action=view&current=18790006.jpg
    its kind of a funny pic..her ears are straight up like she sees a kitty-kat! lol....still tho, shes a cutie! :)
    *~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~*
    Welcome to the world Lucy Michelle!!! 8/11/06 - 4:05pm
    *~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~*

~> Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.
  • my dog was being a little shit this morning. I took him out, and he got tangled in some bushes and slipped out of his collar and proceeded to take off.

I chased him around 5 backyards (none of them mine) in flannel pajama pants, a tshirt and no bra, barefoot, my hair a mess and mascara smeared on my face. but, I went after him none-the-less. he finally crawled behind some evergreen trees lining this fence where there are usually 3 very large dogs penned up.... but thankfully i guess they were in the house... I was crying because I was so afraid he was going to try and run across the highway behind my house and I didn't want him getting hit by a car...

I picked Stoney up, who weighs about 80 pounds and is solid as a rock... and carried him across 3 backyards... it felt like I was walking from here to California... my pants were falling and my arms were aching, and Stoney looks up at me and kisses my cheek.

anyway, here's the little shit head...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v213/pheebalicious/puppy1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v213/pheebalicious/preciouspuppy.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v213/pheebalicious/funnystoney.jpg
    We had wonderful times... but terrible timing...
  • Cree NationsCree Nations Posts: 2,247
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009
    PJLeaver44 wrote:
    I have a soft coated wheaten terrier named Denver. My mom has really bad allergies and this was the only type of dog we could have because they are hypo-allergenic. They're so expensive that we had to get a rescue one, and he has an ulcer that we have to give him pills for everyday inside a piece of cheese or else he'll throw up a lot. But he's the best dog I've ever seen in my life, he can be full of energy, and he walks really well. We've had him for two years now almost, and I think our whole family has been a lot happier because of him. :)

awwww that is the
    SWEETEST!!!! you rescued
    a doggie!!!! You should feel good about it!!

• "And so the gizzard of the ruffed grouse now hangs aloft." - Clothed In Fur

THANKS FOR POSTING
    FLAT SIDE. YOURE THE COOLEST!!!

PBM........
    just HADD to give props to
    "pissbottledogs"!!!!!! :D
    oh man youre the best!!!
    Please post pictures!!!!