Options

Video: New song on Conan called "Got Some"

Comments

• Options
    Love it. Thought it was a great song and the band is rocking out.
  • Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,700
    Great song. Can't wait to hear it live when they come to Australia at the end of this year. ;)
  • Options
    ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,878
    I love this song so much!!! Listened to it 10 times and its getting better and better!!! I can't understand the people complaining about Eds vocals, the song, or anything else! :shock:
    We all have been waiting so long...the holiday single with two fantastic songs and now finally the first song of the new album!! I am 100% sure that it will be great album!!! So, all this people thinking the performance and the song was poor...get out of my way!!!! :evil:
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Options
    i like matt.ci like matt.c Posts: 1,121
    I love it. So excited for the album!!!!
  • Options
    JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    I love the song ; I love Jeff's bass sound ; I just love this band that keeps satisfying me each time they do something new !
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,757
    I didnt vote for Obama. I didnt believe in his big change shit. I'm just happy that an open supporter such as Eddie is saying fuck this, dont make these empty promises. and is actually saying shit against obama.

If this were a couple years down the road, fine. But you can't go from sucking Obama's dick to castrating him musically in five short months.

If that is indeed what Ed is doing here -- and I'm not so sure that he is -- then he just looks fucking fickle. Change don't come at once, it's a wave ... somebody sung that once, right?

Again, I didn't vote for Obama. I'm not defending him. I'm just saying, if a person did vote for him in November -- and not only that, very publicly supported him in November -- and now a person is already turning on him, then that person is a jackass. Plain and simple.

To reiterate, I'm not saying that's definitely what's going on here. Just a hypothetical.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    soulshinesoulshine Posts: 120
    IamMine wrote:
    JV130312 wrote:
    I didn't like it...I've only listened to it live last night...but I wasn't crazy about it. I'll give it a couple more listens though...

Same here...but I think it was the sound quality on my TV. It wasn't clear and "fuzzy" (not the word I'm looking for but the best I can at this time).

It also happened too fast and I needed it again....too bad my DVR wasn't working. The first thought came to me was a "quickie". :P :mrgreen:

It was great seeing them again live - it's been a good while!!!

Thanks for the song clarification, yieldtrack11! :mrgreen:

I loved the "music" (mike, stone, jeff, etc)...but couldn't hear eddie at all. Or couldn't understand him. I guess it seemed like the music was overpowering him...and he was straining to be heard?? Will look forward to hearing studio cuts.
    Make sure the fortune that you seek
    Is the fortune that you need ~ BenHarper

http://www.myspace.com/soulshine70
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    in concerts eddie will kill our ears....
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    t0mMyet0mMye Posts: 821
    Not sure if it is ok so feel free to delete this post need be but I have a decent HD copy of their appearance if anyone is interested pm me..
    Ten Club # 433608, when I am 80 I will be in the front row!
  • Options
    soulshine wrote:
    IamMine wrote:
    JV130312 wrote:
    I didn't like it...I've only listened to it live last night...but I wasn't crazy about it. I'll give it a couple more listens though...

Same here...but I think it was the sound quality on my TV. It wasn't clear and "fuzzy" (not the word I'm looking for but the best I can at this time).

It also happened too fast and I needed it again....too bad my DVR wasn't working. The first thought came to me was a "quickie". :P :mrgreen:

It was great seeing them again live - it's been a good while!!!

Thanks for the song clarification, yieldtrack11! :mrgreen:

I loved the "music" (mike, stone, jeff, etc)...but couldn't hear eddie at all. Or couldn't understand him. I guess it seemed like the music was overpowering him...and he was straining to be heard?? Will look forward to hearing studio cuts.

however imperfect Obama is, McCain would have been a total disaster. consider the mess the man inherited.

regarding the show, loved the song, Eddie's vocals were a bit rough, but long time fans can overlook that, we know how good he is. Jeff looked good. I don't know if they caight the A-holes that roughed him up, but i hope they do/did.
    "An investment in knowledge pays the best interest."

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

- Ben Franklin
  • Options
    however imperfect Obama is, McCain would have been a total disaster. consider the mess the man inherited.

regarding the show, loved the song, Eddie's vocals were a bit rough, but long time fans can overlook that, we know how good he is. Jeff looked good. I don't know if they caight the A-holes that roughed him up, but i hope they do/did.

I think those A-holes work at Target [/crossthreading]
  • Options
    JR8805JR8805 Posts: 169
    I didnt vote for Obama. I didnt believe in his big change shit. I'm just happy that an open supporter such as Eddie is saying fuck this, dont make these empty promises. and is actually saying shit against obama.

If this were a couple years down the road, fine. But you can't go from sucking Obama's dick to castrating him musically in five short months.

If that is indeed what Ed is doing here -- and I'm not so sure that he is -- then he just looks fucking fickle. Change don't come at once, it's a wave ... somebody sung that once, right?

Again, I didn't vote for Obama. I'm not defending him. I'm just saying, if a person did vote for him in November -- and not only that, very publicly supported him in November -- and now a person is already turning on him, then that person is a jackass. Plain and simple.

To reiterate, I'm not saying that's definitely what's going on here. Just a hypothetical.

To question someone is not to "turn on him." Personally, I'm tired of the sheep mentality that says if you don't 100% support everything someone does, then you are against that person. I voted for Obama in November, but I never once thought "here is the Messiah who will lead us all without missteps to the promised land." What I thought was here is the best of the pack who seems genuinely intersted in doing a good job, bust who's a human being that is going to need we the people to correct him every now and again. Smart people always ask questions; smart people self-correct. Idiots and crazies go on doing what they've always done, no questions asked....and they expect to get different or better results for doing so. This was our last president and, unfortunately, the mindset of many of his supporters. If Ed is questioning Obama, then he is being a good American and an intelligent person. In fact, he is being the kind of person I suspect Obama would most admire. Ass-kisssers, I don't believe, are at the top of this president's list.
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,065
    Watched GET SOME some times now and it grows on me and grows fast.

The problem is that Eddies singing sounds too much like how he sang on Avocado and that he tries to push out more words than he can because of the speed of the song. I hate how he struggles with the Acocado songs and hopes that this doesn't happen on the new album.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    evenkatevenkat Posts: 380
    I need it and I'm going to get some...

Hey, love the new song...not on first listen...but the chorus is stuck in my head now.

With all the talk about the meaning...this was on the opinion page in the newspaper today.

http://www.timesunion.com/AspStories/st ... COMMENTARY

An Obama voter asks what went wrong

By CATHERINE CALLEN
    First published in print: Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Dear President Obama,

Mobile AlertsGet weather alerts, sports scores and more.

You are breaking my heart.

I worked hard to help get you elected, and I have friends who made it their complete priority -- so much so that they went where you told them to go, knocked on strange doors and rallied people in states they had never been to.

We fell in love with your vision of what we might be, and the desire of all of us to see justice prevail with an investigation into atrocities committed by the Bush/Cheney administration and finally, put the shame and damage of the past eight years behind us.

Your eloquence carried us to new heights of hope: for the world, for our ecology, for our country, but most of all for peace.

I voted for you because I believed you would work hard to bring our soldiers home from unjust wars and allow our American Muslim brothers and sisters to live without fear in their own country. I was beginning to feel a pride in my government and country that I really never felt before.

And then you turned your back on your constituents -- the American people.

What happened?

You are not only backpedaling and reversing previous executive decisions about tribunals and the accountability of former President George W. Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney. Now you are telling us we don't need to see more torture photos.

This is not the transparency of government that you promised us time and time again. And it doesn't make sense.

Now we hear that Guatanamo and other detainee camps where prisoners were tortured may not be closed after all. This feels strangely like we have moved back in time to the last eight years. It is making me sick with anger that I, along with everyone in this country who voted for you, have been lied to yet again.

Until now, I have been defending you and trying to understand your strategy, believing that you were still walking the same path toward peace and transparency that you set for yourself and America in your campaign. You lost my trust, though, with this latest reversal of heart to not show the world evidence of further torture and the atrocities of the Bush/Cheney administration.

I am tired, Mr. Obama. I have been marching for peace for a long time. I was hoping I could retire soon, knowing we were heading in the right direction.

I feel tricked. So, tired or not, I will be at your front door soon, with, I suspect, quite a lot of friends.

Catherine Callen is co-chair of the Muslim Solidarity Committee. She was co-winner of the New York Civil Liberties Union's Carol S. Knox Award in 2007. She lives in Feura Bush.
    "...believe in lies...to get by...it's divine...whoa...oh, you know what its like..."
  • Options
    THE LYRICS: 10

MIKE: 10

STONE: 10

JEFF: 10

MATT: 10

EDDIE: 6

Hope Eddie recover his voice back again very soon......

BOOM: ?
    From Montevideo, Uruguay.
  • Options
    otterotter Posts: 753
    That is a fucking great song. I've watched it about 5 times and it keeps getting better. I am super pumped about the new album. We are all so lucky to have Pearl Jam. They change by not changing at all!!!
    I found my place......and it's alright
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    THE LYRICS: 10

MIKE: 10

STONE: 10

JEFF: 10

MATT: 10

EDDIE: 6

Hope Eddie recover his voice back again very soon......

BOOM: ?
    I HOPE U TO BE ONE THE 2009 CONCERTS..WHEN EDDIE MAKE U JUMPING ON GET SOME...U WILL NEVER REMEMBER THAT...
    AND MIKE IS ALWAYS 10'''''''''''
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    I thought it was titled "Sell Out" and was going to be part of the new marketing campaigns for Coke and Monsanto...
    When're they supposed to do american idol, by the way?
  • Options
    Seu_Marx wrote:
    I thought it was titled "Sell Out" and was going to be part of the new marketing campaigns for Coke and Monsanto...

http://instantrimshot.com/
  • Options
    DPrival78DPrival78 CT Posts: 2,259
    i really can't stop watching/listening to this. i seriously have a problem.
    i'm more a fan of popular bands.. like the bee-gees, pearl jam
  • Options

are you serious, dude? the band ditches labels, records with their producer of choice, and takes charge of their own marketing, and you call them sellouts? if they edited their own music so that wal-mart would carry it, _then_ maybe you could start calling them sellouts, but with your logic, anybody who plays music outside of their own garage is a sellout. hey, if i didn't have to pay for advertisement in order to market my music because someone else wanted to pay me and they didn't require me to edit my art, i'd take that chance in a heartbeat.

receiving a paycheck from people who want to buy what you're selling does not constitute selling out. editing your views for them does.

get a life.
  • Options
    yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
    evenkat wrote:
    I need it and I'm going to get some...

Hey, love the new song...not on first listen...but the chorus is stuck in my head now.

With all the talk about the meaning...this was on the opinion page in the newspaper today.

http://www.timesunion.com/AspStories/st ... COMMENTARY

An Obama voter asks what went wrong

By CATHERINE CALLEN
    First published in print: Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Dear President Obama,

Mobile AlertsGet weather alerts, sports scores and more.

You are breaking my heart.

I worked hard to help get you elected, and I have friends who made it their complete priority -- so much so that they went where you told them to go, knocked on strange doors and rallied people in states they had never been to.

We fell in love with your vision of what we might be, and the desire of all of us to see justice prevail with an investigation into atrocities committed by the Bush/Cheney administration and finally, put the shame and damage of the past eight years behind us.

Your eloquence carried us to new heights of hope: for the world, for our ecology, for our country, but most of all for peace.

I voted for you because I believed you would work hard to bring our soldiers home from unjust wars and allow our American Muslim brothers and sisters to live without fear in their own country. I was beginning to feel a pride in my government and country that I really never felt before.

And then you turned your back on your constituents -- the American people.

What happened?

You are not only backpedaling and reversing previous executive decisions about tribunals and the accountability of former President George W. Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney. Now you are telling us we don't need to see more torture photos.

This is not the transparency of government that you promised us time and time again. And it doesn't make sense.

Now we hear that Guatanamo and other detainee camps where prisoners were tortured may not be closed after all. This feels strangely like we have moved back in time to the last eight years. It is making me sick with anger that I, along with everyone in this country who voted for you, have been lied to yet again.

Until now, I have been defending you and trying to understand your strategy, believing that you were still walking the same path toward peace and transparency that you set for yourself and America in your campaign. You lost my trust, though, with this latest reversal of heart to not show the world evidence of further torture and the atrocities of the Bush/Cheney administration.

I am tired, Mr. Obama. I have been marching for peace for a long time. I was hoping I could retire soon, knowing we were heading in the right direction.

I feel tricked. So, tired or not, I will be at your front door soon, with, I suspect, quite a lot of friends.

Catherine Callen is co-chair of the Muslim Solidarity Committee. She was co-winner of the New York Civil Liberties Union's Carol S. Knox Award in 2007. She lives in Feura Bush.
    BINGO!
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    info@wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    okay, maybe i missed some of the middle 300 posts, but WTF does a song written before obama was even president have to do with ciritcizing obama as a president?
  • Options
    t0mMyet0mMye Posts: 821
    I read all 300 and I still don't know how they are drawing this conclusion..I guess the song speaks to them in that way or something.

Its all good.
    Ten Club # 433608, when I am 80 I will be in the front row!
  • Options

are you serious, dude? the band ditches labels, records with their producer of choice, and takes charge of their own marketing, and you call them sellouts? if they edited their own music so that wal-mart would carry it, _then_ maybe you could start calling them sellouts, but with your logic, anybody who plays music outside of their own garage is a sellout. hey, if i didn't have to pay for advertisement in order to market my music because someone else wanted to pay me and they didn't require me to edit my art, i'd take that chance in a heartbeat.

receiving a paycheck from people who want to buy what you're selling does not constitute selling out. editing your views for them does.

get a life.

Offering their entire catalogue to CBS makes them sellouts. Participating with MTV in promoting a worthless video games makes them sellouts...they might as well go to wal-mart, maybe with their own line of merchandise right next to hannah montana...they shoulda stayed with sony maybe woulda kept some fire in their fight...WEAK!!!!!
  • Options
    lukinsdadlukinsdad Posts: 57
    The songs on the last two albums have very similair sounds... at first. As you hear them more and hear them live, they seem to become their own. They have not let me down yet and I know they won't with this one. See you in baltinore on the 14th...
  • Options
    thebuilderthebuilder Rifle, CO Posts: 119
    just got a question for you guys....

ya got some? cuz i need it...

love it..

it's rock n roll baby...
    it's unique...
    i think it's a fuckin hit...
    Feel free 2 feel free
  • Options
    nw206329nw206329 Posts: 3
    Heard it and liked it a lot, can’t wait to hear more
  • Options
    einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    DPrival78 wrote:
    i really can't stop watching/listening to this. i seriously have a problem.

I know what you mean, that was me for two days straight, I hope I get back to my life...

Agree on the pointing system that's been posted, though, I'm hearing a lot of people taking to the lyrics and I must say, where are all the board members who love Vitalogy?? No Code?... :?
  • Options
    CrookedTomCrookedTom Posts: 252
    OMG - This song clicked with me straight away, fucking top notch. Energy, aggression, melody. Perfect. Compare this to Save You, and its streets ahead. Got a feeling this album is going to be their best ever.
    And Stone, welcome back my friend. I thought he used to look a little disinterested, hiding in the corner stumming away, not anymore on this evidence.

Yes the instruments were too loud and drowned out Vedder a little too much, but I think that shows what a great song this is, that we're all still loving it despite the technical flaws.

Were people this excited when I Am Mine got heard prior Riot Act, or WWS prior to Pearl Jam. Don't think so