Options

Video: New song on Conan called "Got Some"

Comments

• Options
    aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    iluvcats wrote:
    jlew24asu wrote:
    I loved the song...Ed sounded a little off, but thats ok, he'll come around :)

i was thinking he has a cold? mmmm, nice biceps :)

They have got huge.....
  • Options
    thecory wrote:
    Phool wrote:
    I like it...did anyone else notice Ed run to the drum riser so to not look tiny next to Conan...that man is tall
    funny

Yeah I saw a pic of Russell in the paper the other day wearing a blue tee and I thought it was Eddie....it was a side on shot...
    yeah they do look like they are related these days...
  • Options
    I cant seem to get the video to work on the pit it just keeps loading anyone else having this problem?
    Anywhere else I can view it....cheers :)
  • Options
    The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,401
    aus_suz wrote:
    I cant seem to get the video to work on the pit it just keeps loading anyone else having this problem?
    Anywhere else I can view it....cheers :)

Have you tried youtube? There's a few clips on there.
    2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009: Manchester
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II
  • Options
    t0mMyet0mMye Posts: 821
    I have a decent high def video of it, just pm me.
    Ten Club # 433608, when I am 80 I will be in the front row!
  • Options
    swardsward Posts: 586
    CrookedTom wrote:
    OMG - This song clicked with me straight away, fucking top notch. Energy, aggression, melody. Perfect. Compare this to Save You, and its streets ahead. Got a feeling this album is going to be their best ever.
    And Stone, welcome back my friend. I thought he used to look a little disinterested, hiding in the corner stumming away, not anymore on this evidence.

Yes the instruments were too loud and drowned out Vedder a little too much, but I think that shows what a great song this is, that we're all still loving it despite the technical flaws.

Were people this excited when I Am Mine got heard prior Riot Act, or WWS prior to Pearl Jam. Don't think so

Agreed on all counts!
  • Options
    To question someone is not to "turn on him." Personally, I'm tired of the sheep mentality that says if you don't 100% support everything someone does, then you are against that person. I voted for Obama in November, but I never once thought "here is the Messiah who will lead us all without missteps to the promised land." What I thought was here is the best of the pack who seems genuinely intersted in doing a good job, bust who's a human being that is going to need we the people to correct him every now and again. Smart people always ask questions; smart people self-correct. Idiots and crazies go on doing what they've always done, no questions asked....and they expect to get different or better results for doing so. This was our last president and, unfortunately, the mindset of many of his supporters. If Ed is questioning Obama, then he is being a good American and an intelligent person. In fact, he is being the kind of person I suspect Obama would most admire. Ass-kisssers, I don't believe, are at the top of this president's list.[/quote]

Bravo! brilliant post!
    "An investment in knowledge pays the best interest."

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

- Ben Franklin
  • Options
    SweetAndLowSweetAndLow Posts: 178
    Before this album comes out, my ranking of their previous studio albums are as follows:

Yield
    Vitalogy
    No Code
    Ten
    Pearl Jam (Avocado album)
    Riot Act
    Vs.
    Binaural
    2004: Toledo; Grand Rapids
    2006: Grand Rapids; Auburn Hills
    2009: Chicago
    2010: Columbus
    2011: East Troy (PJ20), both
    2013: Wrigley Field
    2014: Detroit
  • Options
    As it's been pointed out by plenty of people, this song, at the latest, was recorded and written in early April. Do you really think ed is questioning Obama afte 50 days in office? I doubt it. I know you moderate pj fans are getting itchy with the nomination of the racist middle aged mex-amer judge, but kinda silly to think he is calling out Obama. He's calling out all americans, you and me.
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,762
    JR8805 wrote:
    To question someone is not to "turn on him." Personally, I'm tired of the sheep mentality that says if you don't 100% support everything someone does, then you are against that person. I voted for Obama in November, but I never once thought "here is the Messiah who will lead us all without missteps to the promised land." What I thought was here is the best of the pack who seems genuinely intersted in doing a good job, bust who's a human being that is going to need we the people to correct him every now and again. Smart people always ask questions; smart people self-correct. Idiots and crazies go on doing what they've always done, no questions asked....and they expect to get different or better results for doing so. This was our last president and, unfortunately, the mindset of many of his supporters. If Ed is questioning Obama, then he is being a good American and an intelligent person. In fact, he is being the kind of person I suspect Obama would most admire. Ass-kisssers, I don't believe, are at the top of this president's list.

Again, if you believe the song is "questioning," I'm not talking to you.

I'm talking to the people who seem convinced that it is an outright anti-Obama song. Which it almost can't be.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    As it's been pointed out by plenty of people, this song, at the latest, was recorded and written in early April. Do you really think ed is questioning Obama afte 50 days in office? I doubt it. I know you moderate pj fans are getting itchy with the nomination of the racist middle aged mex-amer judge, but kinda silly to think he is calling out Obama. He's calling out all americans, you and me.

Yup.
  • Options
    PJ_LukinPJ_Lukin Posts: 2,049
    That's a pretty good fucking song.
    ~!~ Peace ~!~ Love ~!~ Pearl Jam ~!~
  • Options
    I take the lyrics to mean he's questioning our country's political state in general.
  • Options
    Fatal SmileFatal Smile Posts: 111
    That song is awesome!!! I just saw it for the first time 2 minutes ago and I can't wait to here it on the album, oh yeah, and live of course.

With Brendan back, I think we may see another great album comeback next to Yield's comeback. Clarification: Not that the last three albums have sucked, they were just missing something.
    CARPE DIEM!!

"Oh, if I knew where it was I would take you there but there's much more than this. Woh see the world."

"I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine"

"No need to be void, or save up on life. You got to spend it all"

Minneapolis 1998, St. Paul 2003, Alpine Valley 2003, Thunder Bay 2005, St. Paul 2006 I, St. Paul 2006 II, The Gorge I 2006, Hartford 2008, Mansfield I 2008, Mansfield II 2008, Chicago I 2009, EV Solo Minneapolis 2011, PJ 20 Alpine Valley I 2011, PJ 20 Alpine Valley II 2011, Wrigley 2013, Moline 2014, St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    Riot Act and the s/t ones did not suck. they were great. Binaural was missing something.

Regardless of my thoughts about PJ cribbing from Devo, I think the studio version of Got Some is gonna blow away what we heard live, and it'll only be better and better live later this summer as the band fine-tunes it for concert.
  • Options
    Riot Act and the s/t ones did not suck. they were great. Binaural was missing something.

Regardless of my thoughts about PJ cribbing from Devo, I think the studio version of Got Some is gonna blow away what we heard live, and it'll only be better and better live later this summer as the band fine-tunes it for concert.

I just can't wait for the second single:

"Zip it! Zip it good!"
  • Options
    so jeff,

is all the internet chatter about the similarities between the songs bunk? to hardcores here, yes.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,698
    t0mMye wrote:

is it high definitionized?
  • Options
    so jeff,

is all the internet chatter about the similarities between the songs bunk? to hardcores here, yes.

I vote for bunk. Lots of songs sounds like other songs. It's all just inadvertant imitation. A pattern in all mankind.
  • Options
    I think you're wrong, and, again, it hurts to say that about my favorite band. Like I said before, I truly hope the boys give credit to Devo in upcoming interviews about the new album:

http://nigelblues.blogspot.com/2009/06/ ... -onem.html

http://www.eastvillageradio.com/modules ... e&sid=1445

http://community.comcast.net/comcastpor ... id=3960177
  • Options
    And what, exactly, was gonna be your argument for Given To Fly/Going to California similarities? You never said.
  • Options
    And what, exactly, was gonna be your argument for Given To Fly/Going to California similarities? You never said.

Oh, Mike is a complete unoriginal bastard. Pearl Jam was in desperate need of a lead single for Yield. So Mike said, "I know, I'll just copy a popular Zeppeling riff NOTE FOR NOTE."

Isn't it obvious?

And if you think Pearl Jam is going to credit Devo in upcoming interviews ... man, I want what you're smoking. Because it is gooooooood.
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    could someone point me to where the songwriting credits are for 'got some'?

thanks
  • Options
    norm wrote:
    could someone point me to where the songwriting credits are for 'got some'?

thanks

I'm betting it's:

Words: Vedder
    Music: Ament

But that's just a total guess.
  • Options
    JM18725JM18725 Posts: 46
    I think you're wrong, and, again, it hurts to say that about my favorite band. Like I said before, I truly hope the boys give credit to Devo in upcoming interviews about the new album:

http://nigelblues.blogspot.com/2009/06/ ... -onem.html

http://www.eastvillageradio.com/modules ... e&sid=1445

http://community.comcast.net/comcastpor ... id=3960177

Why does it hurt to say it? Pearl Jam is still a great band and sure, its undeniable that the song is similar to "gut feeling" but I don't think I would call it a rip off. It's about as much of a rip off as "smells like teen spirit" was of "louie louie" and "more than a feeling." Its the reality of much in general. Music influences music. I'm sure Vedder will probably cite possible devo influence it in the future interviews to come for the new album anyway. I don't think the similarities discredit the band as much as you're inciting.
    already in love
  • Options
    DPrival78DPrival78 CT Posts: 2,259
    i can see eddie at a show a few months from now singing "i got a gut feeling" during a line in got some, with that little raised eye brow smirk of his.
    i'm more a fan of popular bands.. like the bee-gees, pearl jam
  • Options
    t0mMyet0mMye Posts: 821
    demetrios wrote:
    t0mMye wrote:

is it high definitionized?

Video
    Format : AVC
    Codec ID : H264
    Duration : 3mn 45s
    Bit rate : 1 036 Kbps
    Nominal bit rate : 1 024 Kbps
    Width : 624 pixels
    Height : 352 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 16/9
    Frame rate : 29.970 fps
    Resolution : 24 bits
    Scan type : Progressive

Audio
    Codec ID/Hint : MP3
    Duration : 3mn 45s
    Bit rate mode : Constant
    Bit rate : 128 Kbps
    Channel(s) : 2 channels
    Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
    Resolution : 16 bits
    Ten Club # 433608, when I am 80 I will be in the front row!
  • Options
    I don't understand why you can't accept that PJ quite likely lifted Devo, and quite likely will reference them at some point the next year or so, like it has in the past for other songs.
  • Options
    I don't understand why you can't accept that PJ quite likely lifted Devo, and quite likely will reference them at some point the next year or so, like it has in the past for other songs.

Ah. Maybe it will happen. How the hell should I know?
  • Options
    CitizenRickCitizenRick Posts: 1,079
    Am I to believe that Pearl Jam thought they could pull a fast one on the music community and blatantly stole an old and obscure devo song and then dared to pass it on as an original world premier on the most watched tv show in the United States that evening? Then went backstage and evily lauged said cha-ching...think we fooled them?

GIVE ME A FUCKING BREAK! REALLY? IS THAT WHAT I'M SUPPOSED TO BELIEVE? I DON'T THINK SO! WHAT A JOKE!

Yes the hook is similar (I got some if you need it-I've got a gut feeling) but the rest of the melody is completely different . Yes the chord progression is similar...but the measures are way off and there are way more dynamics in Got Some. I could make the "similar" case about thousands of songs...but thats what music is. Songs influence other songs. Or sometimes it's subliminal...the writer writes a riff or a melody or a guitar lead without knowing where it was influenced from...only to later read a bunch of A-Holes with their "expert" opinions about ripping off the other song.

It seems like everything they do is under a most ridiculous microscope...especially by their own fans. This is no different than Given to Fly and Going to California....similar in parts and admittidly so...and yet nobody cares anymore.

Big Deal...the song sounds a little like a Devo song... and is good. Get over it.
    "Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse...of my innocense, got back my inner sence, baby got it...still got it"