Options

Video: New song on Conan called "Got Some"

Comments

• Options
    JM18725JM18725 Posts: 46
    Great song, sounded better and better the more i listened to it. I can't wait for the album and tour.
    already in love
  • Options
    blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,508
    lol. the lyrics made page 1 of this thread.
    good ol mubbling Ed.
    :)
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• Options
    chuckles wrote:
    Austicman wrote:
    Any lyrics for it anywhere?

Great HARD ROCKING new tune!!
    don't know how to insert a link here, but I found these posted earlier:
    Edit (lyrics without repetitions):
    Every night with the lights out
    where you gone
    What's wrong?

Every time you can try
    but can't turn on
    a rock song

I got some if you need it

Get it now, get it on, before its gone
    Let's everybody carry on
    Carrying on
    Turn it up, set it off, before its gone
    Let's everybody carry on
    Carrying on

This situation, which side are you on?
    Are you on the rise, are you falling down?
    Let me know.....c'mon let's go yeah

I got some if you need it

This situation, what side are you on?
    Are you dropping bombs, are you getting out?
    Have you heard of diplomatic resolve? Yeah

Precipitation, which side are you on?
    Are you drying up, are you a big drop?
    Are you a part of fool detrimental?

Got some
    Carry on
    [/quote]

Keeping with the precipitation theme, I think he closes with "Are you a puddle full of detrimental?" He definitely says the word "puddle."
    I have to think he may have messed the lyric at the end, I can see the album version: "Are you drying up, are you a big drop in a puddle fucking detrimental?"

Thoughts?
  • Options
    Either way, I love the lyrics to this song. Ed sounds skeptical of Obama throughout. Are we continuing this war in Iraq or are we sending our boys home? (Are we dropping bombs, are we getting out?) Is the storm almost over (drying up) or are you just another part of it (big drop)?

I think the "some" that Ed has is COURAGE. If Obama doesn't have the balls to reverse Bush's policies, then Eddie's "got some" he can have.

Even though everyone might not love Riot Act and S/T, you have to admit that the lyrical progression of these three albums is going to blow us away. A trilogy based on historical perspective. RA, S/T and Backspacer will be very fucking interesting in 50 years time.
  • Options
    JM18725JM18725 Posts: 46
    My favorite band is blatantly ripping off Devo:

Listen to Devo's "Gut Feeling" AT LEAST until the 2 minute mark of this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YievWIX9AKk

yeah, the songs sound somewhat similar but, "Got Some" is a much better song, and Peal Jam looks much less ridiculous than Devo performing it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQj6vI_LX9g
    already in love
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,757
    Either way, I love the lyrics to this song. Ed sounds skeptical of Obama throughout. Are we continuing this war in Iraq or are we sending our boys home? (Are we dropping bombs, are we getting out?) Is the storm almost over (drying up) or are you just another part of it (big drop)?

I think the "some" that Ed has is COURAGE. If Obama doesn't have the balls to reverse Bush's policies, then Eddie's "got some" he can have.

Even though everyone might not love Riot Act and S/T, you have to admit that the lyrical progression of these three albums is going to blow us away. A trilogy based on historical perspective. RA, S/T and Backspacer will be very fucking interesting in 50 years time.

This might be a post for the Moving Train, but if Ed is already jumping ship on Obama five months after publicly pimping him for President ... then Ed is being a jackass.

And I didn't even vote for Obama.

I have to think this song is about something more general than that ...
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412

This might be a post for the Moving Train, but if Ed is already jumping ship on Obama five months after publicly pimping him for President ... then Ed is being a jackass.

Doesn't sound like he's jumping ship, just holding this president to the same standards as the last. I definitely didn't expect any sorta anti-Obama tune this album, though.
  • Options
    azwyldcatsazwyldcats Posts: 698
    I like the vibe. Stikes a chord in me similar to Sugarcult's 'Los Angeles.'
    And I'm not living this life without you, I'm selfish and clear
    And you're not leaving here without me, I don't wanna be without
    My best... friend. Wake up, to see you could have it all
  • Options
    DewieCox wrote:

Doesn't sound like he's jumping ship, just holding this president to the same standards as the last. I definitely didn't expect any sorta anti-Obama tune this album, though.

Again. Give the dude longer than a couple of months.

Looking at what I think the lyrics are, I don't think this song is *only* about Obama, or the war ... I think it's about something bigger, broader and more general.
  • Options
    sooo does anyone know when this comes out on itunes? or even when the album comes out?
    I'm pretty behind on Pearl Jam news sorry!
  • Options
    most of the ed-penned tunes are multi-dimensional lyrically... and surely this one is of the same breed. but i have to think that a song featuring lyrics about "dropping bombs" and "diplomatic resolve" might have a little something to do with the current state of american political affairs.

the first dozen verses are of a distinct melody that is not returned to in the rest of the song. those lyrics can be viewed separately - maybe ed speaking to the obamaniacs that are secretly starting to grow a little skeptical of our president; telling them that he will speak for them through this rock song. then the rest addresses this growing skepticism with a harder punk/rock edge.

i went to obama rallies, i voted for the man, my car still wears his bumper sticker. but the truth is that some people on the "far left" like myself are starting to wonder if he is liberal enough... although his recent supreme court nomination eases those minds somewhat. it is not anti-obama; ed is just questioning things.
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    sooo does anyone know when this comes out on itunes? or even when the album comes out?
    I'm pretty behind on Pearl Jam news sorry!

It was a one time only performance and they're not releasing and album now.
  • Options
    yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514

Who isn't skeptical of Obama!?!?! Thanks Ed for calling him out on it! Now us as Americans needs to stand up to this asshole and make the changes we as Americans wanted when he was voted in.
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    info@wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    yahamita wrote:

Who isn't skeptical of Obama!?!?! Thanks Ed for calling him out on it! Now us as Americans needs to stand up to this asshole and make the changes we as Americans wanted when he was voted in.

I couldnt agree anymore.
    Thank you Eddie.
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    First off lets not forget the band supported Kerry in 2004 in the ABB days secondly its obvious disappointment in Obama so far... for the following reasons: (Here what I read into the song meaninng)

States Secrets Priviledge
    “When I am president we won’t work in secret to avoid honoring our laws and Constitution.”---Presidential Candidate, Barack Obama, 2007
    Obama admin invoked 3 times in first 100 days, defending warrantless illegal wiretapping.

NSA Warrantless Wiretapping
    The new Administration has pledged to defend the Telecommunications Industry by giving them immunity against any lawsuit that may involve their participation in the illegal NSA wiretapping program. In 2007, Obama’s office released the following position of then Senator Obama: “Senator Obama unequivocally opposes giving retroactive immunity to telecommunications companies ... Senator Obama will not be among those voting to end the filibuster.” But then Senator Obama made his 180 degree flip, and voted to end the filibuster. After that, along with other colleagues in Congress, he tried to placate the critics of his move by falsely assuring them that the immunity did not extend to the Bush Administration - the Executive Branch who did break the law. Another flip was yet to come, awaiting his presidency, when Obama’s Justice Department defended its predecessor not only by using the State Secrets Privilege, but taking it even further, by astoundingly granting the Executive Branch an unlimited immunity for any kind of ‘illegal’ government surveillance.

Let me emphasize, the Obama Administration’s action in this regard was not about ‘being trapped’ in situations created and put in place by the previous administration. These were willful acts fully reviewed, decided upon, and then implemented by the new president and his Justice Department.

Accountability on Torture
    President Obama’s action and inaction on Torture can be summarized very clearly as follows: First give an absolute pass, under the guise of ‘looking forward not backward,’ to the ultimate culprits who had ordered it. Next, absolve all the implementers, practitioners and related agencies, under the excuse of ‘complying with orders without questioning,’ and then start giving the ‘drafters’ of the memos an out by transferring the decision for action to the states.

After granting the ‘untouchable’ status to all involved in this shameful chapter in our nation’s dangerous downward slide, he now refuses to release the photos, the incriminating evidence, and is doing so by using the exact same justification used repeatedly by his predecessors: ‘Their release would endanger the troops,’ as in ‘the revelation on NSA would endanger our national security’ and ‘stronger whistleblower laws would endanger our intelligence agencies’ and so on and so forth. The "photos arent sensational" maybe he thinks raping women and boys isnt sensational but how about the photos of womens menstrating on assumed "terrorists" or broomstick sodomizing.

The Revival of Bush Era Military Commission
    After all the talk and pretty speeches given during his presidential campaign on the ‘failure’ of Bush era military tribunals of Guantanamo inmates, Mr. Obama has decided to revive the same style military commission, albeit with a little cosmetic tweak here and there to re-brand it as his own. Many former supporters of Mr. Obama who’ve been vocal and active on Human Rights fronts have expressed their ‘total shock’ by this move and its pretense of being different and improved, "As a constitutional lawyer, Obama must know that he can put lipstick on this pig - but it will always be a pig," said Zachary Katznelson, legal director of Reprieve.

Thankfully the ‘on the record’ statements of Candidate Obama in 2008 on this issue, contradicting his action today, are accessible to all:

“It's time to better protect the American people and our values by bringing swift and sure justice to terrorists through our courts and our Uniform Code of Military Justice.”

And most importantly to Ed....War and Bodies Piling Up
    All the death and destruction is carried out while the administration’s Afghan policy is still murky and confused, and it’s strategy ambiguous. Sure, our so-called ‘New’ Afghan Strategy includes more troops and asks for a much larger budget allocation; nothing new there. It is another war with no time table. It is the continuation of the same abstract ‘War on Terror’ without any definition of what would constitute an ‘accomplished mission.’ One minute there is pondering on possible ‘reconciliation’ with the Taliban, and the next minute seeking to topple it. In fact, to confuse the matter even further, we now hear this distinction between ‘Good Taliban, Bad Taliban, and the Plain Ugly Taliban.’ As stated by Karzai on Meet the Press on May 10, 2009, not all Taliban are equal!!

And for good measure, I can go on listing cases of Mr. Obama’s change on change. Whether it is his reversal on protection for whistleblowers, despite his campaign promise to the contrary, or his expansion of the Un-American title of ‘Czardom,’ where we now have more czars than ever: Border Czar, Energy Czar, Cyber Security Czar…Car Czar…maybe even a Bicycle Czar!. Or…But for now I’ll stick with the major promises that were ‘Central’ to him getting elected, all of which he has flipped on in less than 150 days in office, a track record indeed.
  • Options
    PearlJamPatriotPearlJamPatriot Posts: 2,426
    JC29856 wrote:
    First off lets not forget the band supported Kerry in 2004 in the ABB days secondly its obvious disappointment in Obama so far... for the following reasons: (Here what I read into the song meaninng)

“When I am president we won’t work in secret to avoid honoring our laws and Constitution.”---Presidential Candidate, Barack Obama, 2007
    Obama admin invoked 3 times in first 100 days, defending warrantless illegal wiretapping.

The new Administration has pledged to defend the Telecommunications Industry by giving them immunity against any lawsuit that may involve their participation in the illegal NSA wiretapping program. In 2007, Obama’s office released the following position of then Senator Obama: “Senator Obama unequivocally opposes giving retroactive immunity to telecommunications companies ... Senator Obama will not be among those voting to end the filibuster.” But then Senator Obama made his 180 degree flip, and voted to end the filibuster. After that, along with other colleagues in Congress, he tried to placate the critics of his move by falsely assuring them that the immunity did not extend to the Bush Administration - the Executive Branch who did break the law. Another flip was yet to come, awaiting his presidency, when Obama’s Justice Department defended its predecessor not only by using the State Secrets Privilege, but taking it even further, by astoundingly granting the Executive Branch an unlimited immunity for any kind of ‘illegal’ government surveillance.

Let me emphasize, the Obama Administration’s action in this regard was not about ‘being trapped’ in situations created and put in place by the previous administration. These were willful acts fully reviewed, decided upon, and then implemented by the new president and his Justice Department.

President Obama’s action and inaction on Torture can be summarized very clearly as follows: First give an absolute pass, under the guise of ‘looking forward not backward,’ to the ultimate culprits who had ordered it. Next, absolve all the implementers, practitioners and related agencies, under the excuse of ‘complying with orders without questioning,’ and then start giving the ‘drafters’ of the memos an out by transferring the decision for action to the states.

After granting the ‘untouchable’ status to all involved in this shameful chapter in our nation’s dangerous downward slide, he now refuses to release the photos, the incriminating evidence, and is doing so by using the exact same justification used repeatedly by his predecessors: ‘Their release would endanger the troops,’ as in ‘the revelation on NSA would endanger our national security’ and ‘stronger whistleblower laws would endanger our intelligence agencies’ and so on and so forth. The "photos arent sensational" maybe he thinks raping women and boys isnt sensational but how about the photos of womens menstrating on assumed "terrorists" or broomstick sodomizing.

After all the talk and pretty speeches given during his presidential campaign on the ‘failure’ of Bush era military tribunals of Guantanamo inmates, Mr. Obama has decided to revive the same style military commission, albeit with a little cosmetic tweak here and there to re-brand it as his own. Many former supporters of Mr. Obama who’ve been vocal and active on Human Rights fronts have expressed their ‘total shock’ by this move and its pretense of being different and improved, "As a constitutional lawyer, Obama must know that he can put lipstick on this pig - but it will always be a pig," said Zachary Katznelson, legal director of Reprieve.

Thankfully the ‘on the record’ statements of Candidate Obama in 2008 on this issue, contradicting his action today, are accessible to all:

“It's time to better protect the American people and our values by bringing swift and sure justice to terrorists through our courts and our Uniform Code of Military Justice.”

All the death and destruction is carried out while the administration’s Afghan policy is still murky and confused, and it’s strategy ambiguous. Sure, our so-called ‘New’ Afghan Strategy includes more troops and asks for a much larger budget allocation; nothing new there. It is another war with no time table. It is the continuation of the same abstract ‘War on Terror’ without any definition of what would constitute an ‘accomplished mission.’ One minute there is pondering on possible ‘reconciliation’ with the Taliban, and the next minute seeking to topple it. In fact, to confuse the matter even further, we now hear this distinction between ‘Good Taliban, Bad Taliban, and the Plain Ugly Taliban.’ As stated by Karzai on Meet the Press on May 10, 2009, not all Taliban are equal!!

And for good measure, I can go on listing cases of Mr. Obama’s change on change. Whether it is his reversal on protection for whistleblowers, despite his campaign promise to the contrary, or his expansion of the Un-American title of ‘Czardom,’ where we now have more czars than ever: Border Czar, Energy Czar, Cyber Security Czar…Car Czar…maybe even a Bicycle Czar!. Or…But for now I’ll stick with the major promises that were ‘Central’ to him getting elected, all of which he has flipped on in less than 150 days in office, a track record indeed.
    I only made it to the 2nd paragraph of your post. Sorry, but my head is still spinning from today and I just couldnt do it.
    Pearl Jam Shows: 1998 - 9/11 New York, NY (MSG night 2); 9/13 Hartford, CT || 2000 - 8/24 Wantagh, NY (Jones Beach 2); 8/27 Saratoga Springs; 8/29 Mansfield, MA (night 1); 8/30 Mansfield, MA (night 2) || 2003 - 4/29 Albany, NY; 5/3 State College, PA; 7/2 Mansfield (night 1); 7/6 Camden, NJ (night 2); 7/8 New York, NY (MSG night 1) || 2004 - 9/28 Boston, MA (night 1); 9/29 Boston, MA (night 2) || 2005 - 10/3 Philadelphia, PA || 2006 - 5/12 Albany, NY; 5/13 Hartford, CT; 5/24 Boston, MA (night 1); 5/25 Boston, MA (night 2); 5/27 Camden, NJ (night 1); 5/28 Camden, NJ (night 2)|| 2008 - 6/19 Camden, NJ (night 1); 6/24 New York, NY (MSG night 1); 6/25 New York, NY (MSG night 2); 6/27 Hartford, CT; 6/28 Mansfield, MA (night 1); 6/30 Mansfield, MA (night 2); 7/1 New York, NY (Beacon Theater)|| 2009 - 9/21 Seattle, WA (night 1); 9/22 Seattle, WA (night 2); 10/27 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 1); 10/28 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 2); 10/30 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 3); 10/31 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 4)|| 2010 - 5/15 Hartford, CT; 5/17 Boston, MA; 5/20 New York, NY (MSG night 1); 5/21 New York, NY (MSG night 2)|| 2011 - 9/3 East Troy, WI (PJ20); 9/4 East Troy, WI (PJ20) || 2012 - 9/2 Philadelphia, PA, 9/30 Missoula, MT || 2013 - 7/19 Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), 10/12 Buffalo, NY, 10/15 Worcester, MA (night 1), 10/16 Worcester, MA (night 2), 10/18 Brooklyn, NY (night 1), 10/19 Brooklyn, NY (night 2), 10/25 Hartford, CT || 2014 - 10/22 Denver, CO || 2015 -  9/26 New York, NY (Global Citizen Festival) || 2016 - 5/1 New York, NY (night 1), 5/2 New York, NY (night 2), 8/5 Boston, MA (Fenway Park night 1), 8/7 Boston, MA (Fenway Park night 2) || 2018 - 9/2 Boston, MA (Fenway Park night 1) || 2020 - 3/30 New York, NY
    Eddie Vedder solo: 2008 - Boston night 1 & 2 || 2009 - Albany, NY night 1 & 2 || 2011 - Hartford, CT, Boston, MA

• Options
    most of the ed-penned tunes are multi-dimensional lyrically... and surely this one is of the same breed. but i have to think that a song featuring lyrics about "dropping bombs" and "diplomatic resolve" might have a little something to do with the current state of american political affairs.

the first dozen verses are of a distinct melody that is not returned to in the rest of the song. those lyrics can be viewed separately - maybe ed speaking to the obamaniacs that are secretly starting to grow a little skeptical of our president; telling them that he will speak for them through this rock song. then the rest addresses this growing skepticism with a harder punk/rock edge.

i went to obama rallies, i voted for the man, my car still wears his bumper sticker. but the truth is that some people on the "far left" like myself are starting to wonder if he is liberal enough... although his recent supreme court nomination eases those minds somewhat. it is not anti-obama; ed is just questioning things.

God. Why does every song have to be about presidential politics with this guy? I'm worn out.

Give me an album full of "Big Waves" :)
  • Options
    PearlJamPatriotPearlJamPatriot Posts: 2,426

God. Why does every song have to be about presidential politics with this guy? I'm worn out.

I agree with your point about every song being about politics. It is getting so fucking old. But I disagree with a whole albums of Big Waves. LOL. That would be the end for me.
    Pearl Jam Shows: 1998 - 9/11 New York, NY (MSG night 2); 9/13 Hartford, CT || 2000 - 8/24 Wantagh, NY (Jones Beach 2); 8/27 Saratoga Springs; 8/29 Mansfield, MA (night 1); 8/30 Mansfield, MA (night 2) || 2003 - 4/29 Albany, NY; 5/3 State College, PA; 7/2 Mansfield (night 1); 7/6 Camden, NJ (night 2); 7/8 New York, NY (MSG night 1) || 2004 - 9/28 Boston, MA (night 1); 9/29 Boston, MA (night 2) || 2005 - 10/3 Philadelphia, PA || 2006 - 5/12 Albany, NY; 5/13 Hartford, CT; 5/24 Boston, MA (night 1); 5/25 Boston, MA (night 2); 5/27 Camden, NJ (night 1); 5/28 Camden, NJ (night 2)|| 2008 - 6/19 Camden, NJ (night 1); 6/24 New York, NY (MSG night 1); 6/25 New York, NY (MSG night 2); 6/27 Hartford, CT; 6/28 Mansfield, MA (night 1); 6/30 Mansfield, MA (night 2); 7/1 New York, NY (Beacon Theater)|| 2009 - 9/21 Seattle, WA (night 1); 9/22 Seattle, WA (night 2); 10/27 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 1); 10/28 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 2); 10/30 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 3); 10/31 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 4)|| 2010 - 5/15 Hartford, CT; 5/17 Boston, MA; 5/20 New York, NY (MSG night 1); 5/21 New York, NY (MSG night 2)|| 2011 - 9/3 East Troy, WI (PJ20); 9/4 East Troy, WI (PJ20) || 2012 - 9/2 Philadelphia, PA, 9/30 Missoula, MT || 2013 - 7/19 Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), 10/12 Buffalo, NY, 10/15 Worcester, MA (night 1), 10/16 Worcester, MA (night 2), 10/18 Brooklyn, NY (night 1), 10/19 Brooklyn, NY (night 2), 10/25 Hartford, CT || 2014 - 10/22 Denver, CO || 2015 -  9/26 New York, NY (Global Citizen Festival) || 2016 - 5/1 New York, NY (night 1), 5/2 New York, NY (night 2), 8/5 Boston, MA (Fenway Park night 1), 8/7 Boston, MA (Fenway Park night 2) || 2018 - 9/2 Boston, MA (Fenway Park night 1) || 2020 - 3/30 New York, NY
    Eddie Vedder solo: 2008 - Boston night 1 & 2 || 2009 - Albany, NY night 1 & 2 || 2011 - Hartford, CT, Boston, MA

• Options
    OkOk Posts: 2,144
    JC29856 wrote:

I just read this post...not sure why.
  • Options
    hoopinmanhoopinman Posts: 294
    [/quote]Give me an album full of "Big Waves" :)[/quote]

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

couldnt agree more!
  • Options
    yahamita wrote:

I couldnt agree anymore.
    Thank you Eddie.

You know what. Fuck that. If that's really what this song is about, then Ed gets no "thank you" from me. You get what you deserve. Should have seen that coming five months ago, when you were displaying that giant-ass "Obama" sign at your solo shows and fellating Obama during "Wishlist" tags on the last tour.

Anybody who voted for Obama thinking he would be anything different than what he's been is a fucking fool. He was who we thought he was. And if Ed is just now figuring that out, I'm sorry, he's a fucking fool, too.

There's nothing that's happened in the last five months that could possibly warrant Ed going from apparently the world's biggest Obama supporter this side of Michelle to writing songs railing against him.

That can't be what this song is about. Can it? Seriously. I really, really need this song to have a less specific meaning than that. Like asking "the world" which side it is on. Or something. Please God.
  • Options
    maynardsuxmaynardsux Posts: 1,085
    I was wondering why Eddie took the drum riser as well....he looked petrified of Conan's hair!! The song was rockin' though and Mike and Stone looked like they were into it
    '93 Toronto
    '94 Detroit
    '10 Columbus
    '11 Detroit (Eddie solo), Toronto 1 and 2, Ottawa, Hamilton
    '13 London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    '14 Detroit
    '16 Ottawa, Toronto 1 and 2, Chicago 1 and 2
    '18 Chicago 1 and 2
    '22 Hamilton, Toronto
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    Ok wrote:
    I just read this post...not sure why.

someone should tell that guy that less is more :shock:

also the moving train is over there ;)
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    maynardsux wrote:
    I was wondering why Eddie took the drum riser as well....he looked petrified of Conan's hair!! The song was rockin' though and Mike and Stone looked like they were into it

always downplays being the frontman... its a band called pearl jam not EVB "eddie, eddie, eddie, eddie"
  • Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    I wouldn't put it past them to take a shot at Obama in this song. When you think about it, those lyrics do fit.

"Are you dropping bombs, are you getting out?"

And I wouldn't call this railing against him, more like pushing him.

But as others have mentioned their songs sometimes have deeper meanings so maybe that is the case here. You can read it as a shot at Obama or something else entirely and we don't know what that is yet.

But again, everyone needs to remember that they have always, always been political regardless of who was in office. Binaural is loaded with polictical shots and Clinton was president then.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    SweetAndLowSweetAndLow Posts: 178
    Definitely political undertones and double entendres in the Got Some lyrics. ... I love the title of the album, Backspacer. ... Is the band saying they wish the previous 8 years could be done over (Bush)? That's how I interpret it. ... A couple sites reporting the new album comes out Sept. 22.
    2004: Toledo; Grand Rapids
    2006: Grand Rapids; Auburn Hills
    2009: Chicago
    2010: Columbus
    2011: East Troy (PJ20), both
    2013: Wrigley Field
    2014: Detroit
  • Options

I didnt vote for Obama. I didnt believe in his big change shit. I'm just happy that an open supporter such as Eddie is saying fuck this, dont make these empty promises. and is actually saying shit against obama.
  • Options
    gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    Looking forwarding to hearing Got Some again... on the studio album. Ed, lay off the smokes and gargle honey lemon salty tea or something.
  • Options
    Pretty sure TVOTR already recorded this.
  • Options
    jammerfalljammerfall Posts: 908
    Watched/listened to that damn video off and on all day. When all is said and done, I think the song is solid and PJ rocked; I can't get it out of my head now! Plus, Jeff is one of the coolest four string slingers to watch play live. 8-)
    "Hello Oregonians. Hello Washingtonians. Hello Portland..where the fuck are we? We're in Ridgefield!"