HBO Vampire Series TRUE BLOOD Season 2

Comments

• libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    Sprunkn7 wrote:
    Yeah, Hunters Souffle.
    Yummy

That scene was too much to watch..lol
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • I liked the heart part...but, watching them eat it was kind of gross...just because I don't like to see people eating drippy stuff. (don't care what is drippy)

So, I was watching this with the H - and he was reading and sort of half watching...when they had Eric tied with the silver chains I actually screamed...I am getting way too involved in this storyline. hahahaa...this is why I don't watch soap operas! I actually asked him if he thought Eric was going to be ok...hahahaa

:oops:
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,184
    Entertainment Top 20 Vampires Of ALL Time

In general, vampires scare me, and, I didn’t want to read the Twilight series when it was described to me as a story with vampires. Penny of Silver Dolphin had to reassure me that it wasn’t frightening before I gave the books a chance.

She kindly sent me the e-books of Twilight, New Moon and Eclipse. I started reading Twilight on the afternoon of 15 November 2008, and then bought the fourth book, Breaking Dawn, and downloaded Midnight Sun from Stephenie Meyer’s website, so that I concluded all available material by 17 November 2008. And, I made the decision to buy the whole Twilight series in book form.

So, although the Entertainment Weekly list may have 20 vampires, there can only be one vampire for me — Edward Cullen

1. Lestat, Interview With the Vampire
    2. Christopher Lee’s Dracula
    3. Bela Lugosi’s Dracula
    4. Edward Cullen, Twilight
    5. Bill and Eric, True Blood
    6. Asa Vajda, 1960’s Black Sunday
    7. Angel
    8. Mr. Barlow, Salem’s Lot
    9. Schuyler Van Alen, Melissa de la Cruz’s Blue Bloods series
    10. Gary Oldman’s Dracula
    11. Klaus Kinski’s Dracula
    12. Zoey Redbird, P.C. and Kristin Cast’s House of Night series
    13. Jean-Claude, Laurel K. Hamilton’s Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter series
    14. David, 1987’s The Lost Boys
    15. Miriam Blaylock and Sarah Roberts, 1983’s The Hunger
    16. Blade, the Blade trilogy
    17. Eli, 2008’s Let the Right One In
    18. Countess Bathory, 1971’s Daughters of Darkness
    19. Selene, the Underworld trilogy
    20. Caleb and Mae, 1987’s Near Dark
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• mbangel10mbangel10 Posts: 548
    g under p wrote:
    Entertainment Top 20 Vampires Of ALL Time

In general, vampires scare me, and, I didn’t want to read the Twilight series when it was described to me as a story with vampires. Penny of Silver Dolphin had to reassure me that it wasn’t frightening before I gave the books a chance.

She kindly sent me the e-books of Twilight, New Moon and Eclipse. I started reading Twilight on the afternoon of 15 November 2008, and then bought the fourth book, Breaking Dawn, and downloaded Midnight Sun from Stephenie Meyer’s website, so that I concluded all available material by 17 November 2008. And, I made the decision to buy the whole Twilight series in book form.

So, although the Entertainment Weekly list may have 20 vampires, there can only be one vampire for me — Edward Cullen

1. Lestat, Interview With the Vampire
    2. Christopher Lee’s Dracula
    3. Bela Lugosi’s Dracula
    4. Edward Cullen, Twilight
    5. Bill and Eric, True Blood
    6. Asa Vajda, 1960’s Black Sunday
    7. Angel
    8. Mr. Barlow, Salem’s Lot
    9. Schuyler Van Alen, Melissa de la Cruz’s Blue Bloods series
    10. Gary Oldman’s Dracula
    11. Klaus Kinski’s Dracula
    12. Zoey Redbird, P.C. and Kristin Cast’s House of Night series
    13. Jean-Claude, Laurel K. Hamilton’s Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter series
    14. David, 1987’s The Lost Boys
    15. Miriam Blaylock and Sarah Roberts, 1983’s The Hunger
    16. Blade, the Blade trilogy
    17. Eli, 2008’s Let the Right One In
    18. Countess Bathory, 1971’s Daughters of Darkness
    19. Selene, the Underworld trilogy
    20. Caleb and Mae, 1987’s Near Dark

Vampires don't sparkle. Plus, where the heck is Spike?
    Pitt 98, Pitt 00, Cleveland 03, Pitt 03, State College 03, Toledo 04, Toronto 05, Pitt 05, Cleveland 06, Pitt 06 & Chicago 07, Chicago 1&2 09, Philly 2,3,4 09, Cleveland 10, Columbus 10, Alpine Valley 1& 2 11
  • SprockeTeeSprockeTee Posts: 108
    vduboise wrote:
    g under p wrote:
    I was just watching the last episode again and could that mind reader be Sookie's brother? Mabe Jason is not her real brother.

Peace

Nah - Barry is in the books. He is not her brother- won't say more, don't want to spoil it for the rest of ya.

OR IS HE? Could Barry be a half brother somehow? I've read all 9 books & I dont want to give away any sorts of spoilers so I'm just going to say that I cant help but think that with some of the secrets Sookie has learned about her family by the end of Dead & Gone that perhaps he is something more than just a bellboy. I've been pondering this for about a month now..... Oh, Charlaine - we can't wait until MAY!!
    OH

yeah....

Go Vikings!
    That Van Helsing guy should be on that list.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• vduboisevduboise Posts: 1,937
    KB61743 wrote:
    vduboise wrote:
    g under p wrote:
    I was just watching the last episode again and could that mind reader be Sookie's brother? Mabe Jason is not her real brother.

Peace

Nah - Barry is in the books. He is not her brother- won't say more, don't want to spoil it for the rest of ya.

OR IS HE? Could Barry be a half brother somehow? I've read all 9 books & I dont want to give away any sorts of spoilers so I'm just going to say that I cant help but think that with some of the secrets Sookie has learned about her family by the end of Dead & Gone that perhaps he is something more than just a bellboy. I've been pondering this for about a month now..... Oh, Charlaine - we can't wait until MAY!!
    Still don't think he is her brother- maybe a cousin or some kinda family relation. In book 8 (From Dead To Worse)- her cousin's son has the same ability. Yes, I can't wait until May.
  • true blood the drink hits stores sept. 10th.

true story...i shit you not.
    If nothing is everything, I'll have it all
    vduboise wrote:
    KB61743 wrote:
    g under p wrote:

Peace

Still don't think he is her brother- maybe a cousin or some kinda family relation. In book 8 (From Dead To Worse)- her cousin's son has the same ability. Yes, I can't wait until May.

One things for sure Bill's maker didn't like the taste of Barry. Why do you say can't wait till May?

Peace

g under p wrote:

One things for sure Bill's maker didn't like the taste of Barry. Why do you say can't wait till May?

Peace

Book 10 is supposed to hits store in 5/10 - from what I heard on the Last Bite Podcast - they're toying around with calling it "Dead In The Family". Not sure what to make of the title - does someone die in Sookie's family? OR does a vamp join her family (more so than whats already been done)? (Sorry if that's too vague but I really dont want to spoil anything for anyone.) ;) OH and "A Touch of Dead" is being released in October - that's the anthology/collection of all the Sookie short stories. I cant remember the date fot that one but i think it says on Charlaine Harris's website.
    http://www.charlaineharris.com
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    Godriiiic! NOOO :o
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,968
    very emotional episode yesterday...
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    Finally a less than fully clothed Eric!

Godric slowing cooking and smoking in the sun was fantastic.
    Bill knows he's in deep shit w/ Sookie having Erics blood. (sneaky bastard! Loved that)
    Maybe by the end of the season we can get rid of Maryanne. Thanks, had enough of her.

Great episode....can't wait for next week!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895

I agree, he was a pretty interesting character, the way they took him out was very weak.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...

I agree, he was a pretty interesting character, the way they took him out was very weak.

Very sad he had to go & i definitely liked this character better than the one Charlaine had in the book. But I do have to say that I dont think that Godric had any other direction other than to die. He was simply tired of his life - and that being said, sometimes people get on my nerves after 30 seconds (dont be offended - its not directed to anyone here - I nearly chewed a womans head off in an elevator yesterday & the thought of what she said still burns me up), I cant imagine what it'd be like after 2000 years! I'd probably be exhausted with life too. That's all I'm sayin. 8-)
    Sprunkn7 wrote:
    Finally a less than fully clothed Eric!

Maybe by the end of the season we can get rid of Maryanne. Thanks, had enough of her.

Great episode....can't wait for next week!

DITTO - DEFINITELY HAD ENOUGH OF HER! Nothing changes with her storyline - I feel like its just filler & it drives me nuts. :twisted: Ironic though - She'd probably like that if I went nuts.
  • Brain of J.LoBrain of J.Lo Posts: 3,259
    I love Eric...and with each passing episode, Bill is more and more dull to me.

it's all about Eric. ;)

Same here! My god! :oops: Seeing him in Sookie's dream the other night had my heart racing, LOL.
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    Semi Spoiler

Eric showing any kind of emotion gave me goose bumps. The peeps who read the books kinda know whats coming and I can't wait to see enchanted Eric! I forget what book it's in so not sure if it will be next season or not. Can not believe how good the shows are. I do like the differences (except Maryanne of course. She's driving me batty). Love Jessica and I hope they keep her around. Interesting what is going on with Sam and Andy B.
    Only three shows left of season 2. NOOOOOOO! They should put it out on DVD ASAP.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • mensanemensane Posts: 912
    i hate how short cable shows' seasons are!!!
    Sprunkn7 wrote:
    Semi Spoiler

Eric showing any kind of emotion gave me goose bumps. The peeps who read the books kinda know whats coming and I can't wait to see enchanted Eric! ...... They should put it out on DVD ASAP.

ME TOO! That was in Dead to the World (the 4th book) - I'm hoping & dreaming we'll get to see a half naked confused Eric come tearing ass out of the woods! Club Dead (#3 & the next season) and Dead to the World are my 2 favorites. I'm really curious who'll they'll cast to play Alcide!

And I'm hoping for the season 2 DVD for Christmas - I would think that would be fair enough on their part! But who knows - if they do like they did this time - we wont get it til right before Season 3 starts.
  • petrocspetrocs Posts: 4,342
    This show gets better and better each week
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
  • rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,968
    about last night's episode...

:o
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • petrocspetrocs Posts: 4,342
    about last night's episode...

:o

yeah seriously...wtf!
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
  • hinxhinx Posts: 416
    KB61743 wrote:
    Sprunkn7 wrote:
    Semi Spoiler

Eric showing any kind of emotion gave me goose bumps. The peeps who read the books kinda know whats coming and I can't wait to see enchanted Eric! ...... They should put it out on DVD ASAP.

ME TOO! That was in Dead to the World (the 4th book) - I'm hoping & dreaming we'll get to see a half naked confused Eric come tearing ass out of the woods! Club Dead (#3 & the next season) and Dead to the World are my 2 favorites. I'm really curious who'll they'll cast to play Alcide!

And I'm hoping for the season 2 DVD for Christmas - I would think that would be fair enough on their part! But who knows - if they do like they did this time - we wont get it til right before Season 3 starts.

Ahh I loved Alcide in the books! You know who I thought of when I was reading? That guy who played Martin Keamy on Lost, he was in Mystery, Alaska too...he's gigantic and kinda ruggedly handsome. He'd be really good, haha.
  • hoyt's mom playing the wii is hysterical. his mom looks like my grandmother, which makes it even funnier. :lol:
    If nothing is everything, I'll have it all
    Loved last night's episode!

"I am the god who comes" That was quite possibly the funniest Jason part yet! :lol:
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    That was a fucked up episode! Gresat though. Can't wait to see the vampire queen.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    That was a fucked up episode! Gresat though. Can't wait to see the vampire queen.
    The Queen of the Damned :)
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
    I've been on holiday for 2 weeks and i missed last week so what's been happening?

Peace