HBO Vampire Series TRUE BLOOD Season 2

Comments

• SprockeTeeSprockeTee Posts: 108
    this maryann storyline stinks. i cant wait til its over but it looks like they wont finish it til season 3. grr :evil:
  • yeah, i am done with Maryann too. it' weird that i really just want them to be done with it...

normally i would be really all over a Maenad but...it's just sort of "...ok."

but, i have to say that Eric and his "teacup humans" scene made me laugh like a doof...it is embarrassing how much i love that character!
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
  • evenkatevenkat Posts: 380
    I can't wait for Sookie to kick Maryann's ass!
    "...believe in lies...to get by...it's divine...whoa...oh, you know what its like..."
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    I wish they'd tie up that story too. The story with Jason and the crazy anti-vamp church was much better.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    At least everyone now knows Eric can fly. I liked how they included the kids with that scene.

Lets get rid of Maryanne and bring on the wolves and witches baby!

Oh, and can I have a Day Room of my own. That was pretty cool.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • yeah, i am done with Maryann too. it' weird that i really just want them to be done with it...

normally i would be really all over a Maenad but...it's just sort of "...ok."

but, i have to say that Eric and his "teacup humans" scene made me laugh like a doof...it is embarrassing how much i love that character!

hahahaha the teacup humans made me crack up. eric is so great.
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
    hinx wrote:
    KB61743 wrote:
    Sprunkn7 wrote:
    Semi Spoiler

Eric showing any kind of emotion gave me goose bumps. The peeps who read the books kinda know whats coming and I can't wait to see enchanted Eric! ...... They should put it out on DVD ASAP.

ME TOO! That was in Dead to the World (the 4th book) - I'm hoping & dreaming we'll get to see a half naked confused Eric come tearing ass out of the woods! Club Dead (#3 & the next season) and Dead to the World are my 2 favorites. I'm really curious who'll they'll cast to play Alcide!

And I'm hoping for the season 2 DVD for Christmas - I would think that would be fair enough on their part! But who knows - if they do like they did this time - we wont get it til right before Season 3 starts.

Ahh I loved Alcide in the books! You know who I thought of when I was reading? That guy who played Martin Keamy on Lost, he was in Mystery, Alaska too...he's gigantic and kinda ruggedly handsome. He'd be really good, haha.

Was he "Tree" In Mystery Alaska? I love that guy!
  • gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    So what do you all think, is Maryann finally going to get her wish and kill Sam? Also, I was kind of disappointed in the Queen Vamp. She wasn't intimidating enough.
  • gabers wrote:
    So what do you all think, is Maryann finally going to get her wish and kill Sam? Also, I was kind of disappointed in the Queen Vamp. She wasn't intimidating enough.

I agree, I was dissapointed in the Queen. I don't think Sam will get killed though.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • gabers wrote:

I agree, I was dissapointed in the Queen. I don't think Sam will get killed though.

i loved evan rachel wood. i thought her performance was brilliant!
    If nothing is everything, I'll have it all
  • gabers wrote:

I disagree. She was doing what all Queens do. Living the life and oblivious to the common folk. Plus she made the boys look like little children.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • vduboisevduboise Posts: 1,937
    gabers wrote:

I disagree. She was doing what all Queens do. Living the life and oblivious to the common folk. Plus she made the boys look like little children.
    I don't know. In the books, the Queen seemed stronger- less frivolous. Yes, she did not really care about the common folk, but, eh... The episode left me wanting and I thought it could have been played out better. Lets see what next week holds
  • hinxhinx Posts: 416
    Sprunkn7 wrote:
    hinx wrote:

Ahh I loved Alcide in the books! You know who I thought of when I was reading? That guy who played Martin Keamy on Lost, he was in Mystery, Alaska too...he's gigantic and kinda ruggedly handsome. He'd be really good, haha.

Was he "Tree" In Mystery Alaska? I love that guy!

Yeah, Tree! I love that guy too, haha.

Also, I agree that the queen was disappointing. In the books she's strong and pretty serious but the show made her seem...I dunno. Spoiled and childish. Maybe it'll be different next season.
  • gabers wrote:

I kinda felt the queen was just there to bridge gaps - she had no real purpose other than to spill the beans on maenads. for everything the writers gave her - i thought she did ok. and the parts that were more important to the future of the story really got overshadowed. Hadley coming in (and still being human at this point) and also how Bill was not surprised in the least by her presence there AND how they all knew each other before we were introduced to them. the only one who didnt know bill was hadley and she was the only one who was surprised when sookie's name was mentioned.

that's just my .02
    The Queen wasn't really on long enough for me to form an opinion. I hope they bring her body guards and all that from the books in next season. Maybe when she is not at home she becomes more.....I don't know, intimidating?

Also, I can see her demanding more time from Bill, which should have happened already anyway.

Gotta love Eric fixing his hair after his "flight" Thought that was a hoot.
    I had the last three episodes on last night as back round while doing other stuff. I have to say the episode with Godric on the roof is my favorite. It was even better the second time around. Take out all the Maryanne bullshit and the season was pretty good.
    One more week until final episode. I hope we see Maryanne suffer the way we had to suffer her all season! Rip her apart please!!!
  • counting down... only 6 days before the finale!!!! i hope they rip her good too! 8-)
  • do you guys not like maryanne because of her character or because the season has become so revolved around her?

personally, i know it's supposed to be a show about vampires, but i think they're using so much of maryanne so that she can serve as a transition for other creatures to come into the show, i.e. werewolves, etc..

i think her character is great and the actress does such a great job of making the audience really hate her.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,184
    do you guys not like maryanne because of her character or because the season has become so revolved around her?

personally, i know it's supposed to be a show about vampires, but i think they're using so much of maryanne so that she can serve as a transition for other creatures to come into the show, i.e. werewolves, etc..

i think her character is great and the actress does such a great job of making the audience really hate her.

That much is certainly true that many have taken a distinct dislike to her including myself.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    i actually have enjoyed Mary Anne. Im curious to see how they are gonna get rid of her. I turned hbo on last night thinking that they were playing the finale. I forgot they weren't playing it this week :P
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
    I guess I dislike the character because to me she has "taken over" the show. Way too much of the story line. It's almost like they wanted to add the orgies and violence for the audience, not to enhance the story of Sookie. All I know is, I hope either she is gone or she goes away and she only pops up once in a while.
    Actress good, story ok, but overkill and not in a good way.
  • Sprunkn7 wrote:
    I guess I dislike the character because to me she has "taken over" the show. Way too much of the story line. It's almost like they wanted to add the orgies and violence for the audience, not to enhance the story of Sookie. All I know is, I hope either she is gone or she goes away and she only pops up once in a while.
    Actress good, story ok, but overkill and not in a good way.

i think the marianne story line has definitely run its course. i have a feeling that there will be a cliffhanger along the lines of was she destroyed or not. i hope the first few eps of season 3 will show that she was destroyed.
    If nothing is everything, I'll have it all
  • it's not that i dont like the character it just seems as though the storyline has become overloaded with her. and i really felt that the plot point stagnated in the middle of the season. i think somewhere around the 2nd or 3rd orgy we got the gist of it and after 8 or 9 it kinda got old. i cant see alan ball killing off this character - i think she'll be back again somewhere in the future - i just hope that its not so long & drawn out. the show is based off a series of currently 9 books and the author has said even after #10 comes out she's got at least 3 more in her - so i feel like there's tons of material they could be using & instead we're stuck in a rut.
    KB61743 wrote:
    it's not that i dont like the character it just seems as though the storyline has become overloaded with her. and i really felt that the plot point stagnated in the middle of the season. i think somewhere around the 2nd or 3rd orgy we got the gist of it and after 8 or 9 it kinda got old. i cant see alan ball killing off this character - i think she'll be back again somewhere in the future - i just hope that its not so long & drawn out. the show is based off a series of currently 9 books and the author has said even after #10 comes out she's got at least 3 more in her - so i feel like there's tons of material they could be using & instead we're stuck in a rut.

I agree 100%. So much more good stuff they could be using. Even if they do use Maryann and what she's doing in future episodes, get on with it already. She wants Sam, she thrives on sex, violence and total abandon. We get it, we don't need it shown over and over.
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,184
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

Really looking forward to 90 minutes of Vampire love, sex and GORE tonight!!!!
  • tonight's the night!!!
    oops, only an hour...but a great hour it was!!!
  • hinxhinx Posts: 416
    Oooooooohhhhh man I hate cliffhangers. :shock:
    After sleeping on it, I have to say I was very happy with the finale last night.
    Maryanne in gone (thank f'n god).
    Sam is safe and sound, again risking his shit for Sookie.
    The Queens plot gets more interesting.
    Jessica going vamp crazy is great!
    Somehow I knew Eggs wouldn't last because he was the only link to the Mianad that was still around.
    Tara also has a link to a plot in the future books, so maybe she needed to be released from him too.
    Who abducted Bill? Was it Eric? Was it Lorena?

My only question, if Bill can sense Sookies emotions, does he know she got herself together and was going to say 'Yes"?

Wow, a great wrap up and certainly a cliffhanger!! Can't wait for next season!!