HBO Vampire Series TRUE BLOOD Season 2

g under pg under p Posts: 18,184
edited June 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
phdmlegk2mb4gmm1.gif
True Blood fans only have to wait a little longer to get their vampire fix. HBO recently announced that True Blood season will will premiere on June 14, just in time for the summer TV rut.

After resolving the serial killer storyline, True Blood offered a bit of a prequel to season 2. We already know who some of the major players will be, as the show announced several actors in minor roles who will be promoted to the main cast, and based on the final scene and the True Blood book series, we might also have an idea about who's out.

Trailers:
HBO Vampire Series TRUE BLOOD Season 2 in two weeks let the countdown begin.

True Blood Season 2 First Look

More on HBO's TB2 http://www.buddytv.com/articles/true-bl ... 24784.aspx

Peace
*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
.....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• g under pg under p Posts: 18,184
    ONe more week till the blood bath begins and which characters will be back.

Sookie, Sookie now is on HBO repeats.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    I am going to have to watch the first episode on demand, Ed in Baltimore is a little more important. Wonder if they are going to start right where last season left off, I have not read any spoilers on it.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,968
    yessssss finally someone restarted the TRUE BLOOD thread on here. this show is great.
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • I'm in the middle of Season 1 right now. At first I didn't like the cheesiness but it's sort of grown on me.

I'll try to stay out of this thread now in case of spoilers though, lol.
    I'll wait for an angel, but won't hold my breath
  • surfanddestroysurfanddestroy Posts: 2,786
    Cool, loved the first season and hope this one will be just as good.
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
  • sk8nshoot1sk8nshoot1 Posts: 722
    I am going to have to watch the first episode on demand, Ed in Baltimore is a little more important. Wonder if they are going to start right where last season left off, I have not read any spoilers on it.

I saw a little HBO preview show and the writer said that season 2 starts right at the moment season 1 ended...
    1996: Randall's Island I, Hartford
    1998: MSG I, Hartford
    2000: Jones Beach I
    2003: Albany, MSG II, Mansfield II & III, Homdel
    2004: Boston (VFC) I & II
    2006: Albany, Hartford, Boston I and E. Rutherford I
    2008: MSG I & II, Hartford, Mansfield II (saw BostonLou in the FRONT ROW!!) EV-NYC II
    2010: Hartford
    2013 Worcester II, Hartford
    2016 Fenway I
    2018 Wrigley II, Fenway II
    It begins a new TONIGHT!

Peace

• Elderly ManElderly Man Posts: 235
    this is the best show
    MSG 2 - 03
    Ed Sullivan Theater - 06
    Irving Plaza - 06
    Albany - 06
    Hartford - 06
    East Rutherford 1 & 2 - 06
    San Francisco 1 & 2 - 06
    Bonnaroo - 08
    MSG 1 & 2 - 08
    Hartford - 08
    Mansfield 1 - 08
  • adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    I thought the episode last night set up the new season very well. I hope it is as good as last season.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    I liked the episode last night- it answered some questions left over from the previous season.
    I did think it was a bit choppy- abruptly changing scenes- trying to get a lot of info in the 1 hour- it should have been 2 hours.

lets see how next week pans out.
    vduboise wrote:
    I liked the episode last night- it answered some questions left over from the previous season.
    I did think it was a bit choppy- abruptly changing scenes- trying to get a lot of info in the 1 hour- it should have been 2 hours.

lets see how next week pans out.

I agree they tried to get so many things in and man was I caught off gaurd with the voodoo woman in the car instead of Laffette. Why do you think they took Laffette prisoner, is it because he was getting blood from a vampire for sex and they think he killed him?

I loved it when Bill in the beginning told his young live-in we recycle in this town, there's a blue bin and a whithe bin. She seems like she's going to be a handful with her youthful urges.

Nice love scene between Bill and Sookie. HOT!

Peace

• vduboisevduboise Posts: 1,937
    g under p wrote:
    . Why do you think they took Laffette prisoner, is it because he was getting blood from a vampire for sex and they think he killed him?

Peace

I think you may be right about that. I think Eric knew about that deal Laffette had with the Vamp, and no one knows what happened to him, so ....

So far, some of the storyline is similar, but different from the books. Got to look over Book 2/3.
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    Eric coming into the basement with foils and a cape in the middle of doing his hair was f'n hysterical. I love this show.

Preview shows Lafayette asking to be made Vampire. Fingers crossed...does not follow book, but I love his character.

IMO the best thing on TV. Is it Sunday 9 pm yet?
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
    Sprunkn7 wrote:
    Eric coming into the basement with foils and a cape in the middle of doing his hair was f'n hysterical. I love this show.

Preview shows Lafayette asking to be made Vampire. Fingers crossed...does not follow book, but I love his character.

IMO the best thing on TV. Is it Sunday 9 pm yet?

I didn't realize that's what Eric was doing with his hair, I was wondering what the hell was that piece of foil on his head for?

I loved the reaction from the vampires when Laffette told make me a vampire. It won't happen just like I thought he was killed off the show from the 1st season.

Do you lose some of the fun in the series having read the books? I like the surprise factor not having read the books but I intend to read them though.

Peace

• rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,968
    anyone know why the cook at merlotte's smelled arlene's hair when he came over to defend her after those people said something about renee? just thought that was kind of weird. maybe foreshadowing a relationship?

also on terms of foreshadowing...thought it was funny when tara and her mom were outside of the police department and her mom says something on the lines of "no...she saved me...saved me from my demons and other evils that may come..." and then immediately mrs. forrester arrives. she's an interesting one.
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
    anyone know why the cook at merlotte's smelled arlene's hair when he came over to defend her after those people said something about renee? just thought that was kind of weird. maybe foreshadowing a relationship?

also on terms of foreshadowing...thought it was funny when tara and her mom were outside of the police department and her mom says something on the lines of "no...she saved me...saved me from my demons and other evils that may come..." and then immediately mrs. forrester arrives. she's an interesting one.

This one awesome series that one MUST pay attention to every detail especially early in this season II.

Peace

Terry always liked Arleen. He's a good egg.

I was reading the first book last season, and when I got to the end and found out Lafayette got murdered and Renee was the killer I was PO'ed. It ruined it for sure. This time, I started the 2nd book right before the series started, and they are so different it doesn't bother me at all. It seems like they took all the books out already and wrapped them all together for the show. I'm on the 4th one now, starting the 5th today, so by the time they get to all this stuff I probably will have forgotten it. As proven w/ Lafayette, what happens in the book won't necessarily happen in the show. Whatever, Eric is just hot hot hot. I like Vikings!

Oh, is it Sunday 9pm yet?
    I finally got around to seeing it last night, I thought it was a solid episode to start the season. Can't wait to see what happens to Lafayette this week, and I hope they go into Sams back story some more, it seems pretty interesting.
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    Im so glad it's back on. It looks like it's going to be a good season
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • Sprunkn7 wrote:
    Renee was the killer I was PO'ed.
    My friends and I were so mad it was him! We liked him. I never saw it coming.
    I'll wait for an angel, but won't hold my breath
    OMG, last night was too much. The beginning with Eric dripping w/ blood was great! I must say, got a little squeamish when Lafayette was digging in the ripped up body looking for the pelvic implant. That was just nasty but I just couldn't look away!
    Sprunkn7 wrote:
    OMG, last night was too much. The beginning with Eric dripping w/ blood was great! I must say, got a little squeamish when Lafayette was digging in the ripped up body looking for the pelvic implant. That was just nasty but I just couldn't look away!

I agree, this season has started off pretty strong. They have some interesting story lines to follow.
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,875
    can someone remind me how Lafayette was "killed" last season?

I think i need to watch the season 1 finale and episode 1 of this year again

oh and what kind of 'monster' is mrs forester? with the vibration thing and making everyone happy with her
    presence and eating TONS of food?

anyone a monster expert?

and who did she turn into a pig in the middle of the road? or was that her shifting?

if i was sam i would just bang her ;)

this is reminding me of all the questions with Memento ;)
    Well, they never said Lafayette was dead, but last season someone or something spooked him outside of Merlottes and he was missing for 2 weeks. In the first book he IS the body in Andy's car, so in the books he dies.

Ms. Forester (haha) a woman of the forest I think. There is a name for her, but can't remember. She feeds off sex and violence and is one with the earth and woods, so to speak, so there you go with the pig I guess. I think she is an old soul too.

I am glad I can't give anything away because they use the books as a guide, but certainly don't follow them exact.

I agree with every other True Blood fan, last night Eric worrying about blood in his hair and him nervous about Pam getting mad about it was the funniest. Almost as good as her working on his hair and blood all over his chin. Just classic.

Had a hard time watching Lafayette dig out the metal from assholes pelvis. That shit was just nasty...but going to watch it again tonight, right after dinner, to see if I missed anything. Yum!
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    Great series and another reason why "It's not TV......It's HBO"
    Brian
    I skipped out of town to Palm Beach Florida for some snorkeling and no True Blood to be seen. I'll have to catch #2 On Demand.

Peace

yeah, don't miss it, its a good one
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    I think Lafayette is going to be a good vampire, it's going to be interesting.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • And then there she was
    Like double cherry pie
    Yeah there she was
    Like disco superfly
    I smell sex and candy here
    Who's that lounging in my chair
    Who's that casting devious stares
    In my direction

DAMN! :shock:

i would definitely let her sink her teeth into me.
    If nothing is everything, I'll have it all
    Who been making those scratches all your back baby?

Yes that is the question tonight and it's getting very interesting. Every time show comes together something happens to break it all apart.

Now it's time to try this next HBO series HUNG. :D

Peace