HBO Vampire Series TRUE BLOOD Season 2

Comments

• rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,968
    g under p wrote:
    i definitely notice a similarity between vampires and homosexuals. especially with the fellowship of the sun and the radical church groups who are opposed to vampire rights. also, i don't know if anyone else noticed this, but when jason is telling everyone in his bunk that he was promoted as a soldier, one of the men was reading a time magazine with "fang-human marriage." thought that was symbolic too.

on another note, what the fuck is daphne?!

I noticed it and there is certainly a correlation between the two.

Like Metallica would say, she's *Some Kind Of Monster*

Peace

and they would continue...this mosnter lives!
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,184
    I was just watching the last episode again and could that mind reader be Sookie's brother? Mabe Jason is not her real brother.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• vduboisevduboise Posts: 1,937
    g under p wrote:
    I was just watching the last episode again and could that mind reader be Sookie's brother? Mabe Jason is not her real brother.

Peace

Nah - Barry is in the books. He is not her brother- won't say more, don't want to spoil it for the rest of ya.
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    Solid episode last night, Godric is not what I was expecting at all, Curious if they get more into his story.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Ahhh so now we have two shapeshifters and two mind readers. Everybody has a mate!

The best was Sam and Daphne's faces when talking about Werewolves. Looked like this :roll:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    Ahhh so now we have two shapeshifters and two mind readers. Everybody has a mate!

The best was Sam and Daphne's faces when talking about Werewolves. Looked like this :roll:

Ha, yes that was funny. I have no idea why but I find Sookie kind of annoying. :P
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • libragirl wrote:

Ha, yes that was funny. I have no idea why but I find Sookie kind of annoying. :P

for me, it's the over-the-top, scarlett o'hara, lovey-dovey scenes between her and bill. turns me off...i understand the intent, but they're taking it too far.
    If nothing is everything, I'll have it all
    libragirl wrote:

for me, it's the over-the-top, scarlett o'hara, lovey-dovey scenes between her and bill. turns me off...i understand the intent, but they're taking too far.

Yes, I agree..it's a bit overdone. The one scene when they were in bed went on too long. I couldn't wait until they went back to the other characters..lol
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • libragirl wrote:
    Yes, I agree..it's a bit overdone. The one scene when they were in bed went on too long. I couldn't wait until they went back to the other characters..lol

definitely! the eric-godrich connection is dark and compelling...and now bill's maker is coming back. more of that, please. :D
    libragirl wrote:

for me, it's the over-the-top, scarlett o'hara, lovey-dovey scenes between her and bill. turns me off...i understand the intent, but they're taking it too far.

I agree, they have almost made Bill and Sookie the worst, or maybe the least interesting, characters on the show right now
  • anothercloneanotherclone Posts: 1,688
    I think this show is terrible in so many ways, but I keep watching. God help me. I keep watching. I'm like a dependent girl with an abusive boyfriend. I just keep coming back. :lol:

Anyway, cheesiest thing last night that I laughed out loud about, Sam and his girlie were on the pool table and he said "nice rack". She said "nice balls".

(I hope that's not a spoiler or anything. Sorry if it is.)
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    I'm lovin the new series so far. Although I do agree Sookie and Bill are losing a bit of their charm. Eric is definitely getting more interesting. And he's a fucking Viking! How badass is that? It'll be interesting to see where the story goes with Tara and Marianne. I can't figure out her motives at all. Great show.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
    I think this show is terrible in so many ways, but I keep watching. God help me. I keep watching. I'm like a dependent girl with an abusive boyfriend. I just keep coming back. :lol:

Anyway, cheesiest thing last night that I laughed out loud about, Sam and his girlie were on the pool table and he said "nice rack". She said "nice balls".

Yes, it can be a bit cheesy at times. I think that's part of it's charm though. :)
  • anothercloneanotherclone Posts: 1,688
    libragirl wrote:

Yes, it can be a bit cheesy at times. I think that's part of it's charm though. :)

Totally! :mrgreen:
    Hey Pig!!! :lol:
    I just saw it last night, maybe the first episode this year where I was pissed that it ended and can't wait for next weeks. They have really kept things moving. I do think the interaction with Hoyt and Jessica is the funniest thing on the show right now. Everything with them cracks me up.
    Here's some video highlites from past and future episodes....TRUE BLOOD and Jessica's red hair is driving me crazy. Just saw Sunday's show and this thing is about to blow up. :D

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• g under p wrote:
    Here's some video highlites from past and future episodes....TRUE BLOOD and Jessica's red hair is driving me crazy. Just saw Sunday's show and this thing is about to blow up. :D

Peace

dude, i hear you. that chick is blazing hot.
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    I can't wait for the next episode! I found myself roaring at Bill to save Sookie :lol:
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    We've only seen up to Episode 2 here in the UK!!!
    redrock wrote:
    The internet is a wonderful thing Rita. Use it :)
  • surfanddestroysurfanddestroy Posts: 2,786
    redrock wrote:

So true, I have been watching this show from the start, can't wait for Sundays episode.
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    redrock wrote:

Lack of time... I only watch it on TV while doing other things, so easier on TV... (Also need to fight daughter for PC!)
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    We are half way in the series and things are heating up! Bill is about to hit a shit storm me thinks...

I wish they would turn Lafayette, but now I don't know if that is going to happen.

Bill was a bad bad vamp in his day!

Eric is going for Sook and Jason is f'ing the preachers wife in their church. All is good!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    Okay, I just started getting into this show this season. What's the deal with Maryann? What is she? Why does everyone's eyes turn black and they get horny whenever she does her crazy hippy witch dance?
    gabers wrote:
    Okay, I just started getting into this show this season. What's the deal with Maryann? What is she? Why does everyone's eyes turn black and they get horny whenever she does her crazy hippy witch dance?
    That's the mystery. Watch and find out. Also, go back and watch the 1st season. It rocks!
    Tonight is going to be great. Can't wait.

Would like to order some True Blood to have for Halloween this year, but $24.95 ( inc.shipping) is steep! Maybe I will have to go to the HBO store to get it.
    Sprunkn7 wrote:
    Tonight is going to be great. Can't wait.

Would like to order some True Blood to have for Halloween this year, but $24.95 ( inc.shipping) is steep! Maybe I will have to go to the HBO store to get it.

It's interesting now that a lot of the scenes are away from the small county in Louisana. Still have a crush on Jessica especially when she behaves badly. :)

As for the True Blood drink I think I saw it advertised on the HBO store but I can't recall the price though.

Peace

• mbangel10mbangel10 Posts: 548
    gabers wrote:

They've revealed this in several interviews, so it's not really a spoiler. But if you don't want to know, don't click the link:

http://www.tvguide.com/News/True-Blood- ... 07953.aspx
    Pitt 98, Pitt 00, Cleveland 03, Pitt 03, State College 03, Toledo 04, Toronto 05, Pitt 05, Cleveland 06, Pitt 06 & Chicago 07, Chicago 1&2 09, Philly 2,3,4 09, Cleveland 10, Columbus 10, Alpine Valley 1& 2 11
    The blood oozing from the nose and ears was a riot. So if you stay up too long you leak????? Haha.

Now every time the preachers wife smiles I want to smash her big teeth in...what a nut. Poor Jason, he's just so dumb.

Getting a little sick of Maryann. Taking too much time away from the main stories in the book (which are great on their own). It was ok , now I feel like it's taking over.

I love Eric.