Options

Gay Marriage Ban

Comments

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,312
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    pandora wrote:
    Please don't talk about prejudice because your posts have been the best example of just that.

I am perfectly fine with being prejudice of intolerant people. If I am intolerant towards intolerance, so fucking be it and it's actually something I am proud of.

I can't be bothered with the rest. All groups of people regardless of sex, race or religion should have the EXACT same rights and freedoms. Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness and if marrying (not some bullshit made up word to satisfy bigots, yes, bigots) is your pursuit of happiness, then gay people have the right to marry just as straight do.

I cannot conceivably understand how this is an argument in 2012.

Agreed it's hard to believe it's 2012 ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    pandora wrote:
    it is not just a word obviously :fp:
    What is the problem with a new word, a new amendment, granting equal rights to gay unions?
    would this not speed everything up ...

this a great approach that even our current administration could enact.
    Our President satisfies those who want the traditional definition that has been around
    for thousands of years
    while moving the gay rights into place and setting an example for equality.
    It is a word of the future that will embrace future love and families!
    Groovy-cool! :D

Great idea. Let's call it a second class marriage. That way bigots can be happy that gay people aren't allowed to express their love in the same way they are. You're a genius, I tell you. You figured it out.

Do you think that is very negative? I do.
    I don't think you have anything much to say about bigots after your generalizing of the masses
    in the South.

A new word can be established that is even more beautiful than the word marriage
    and will be carried far into the future.

I would like to submit some ideas to my President because
    this is going to be dragged out ridiculously so.
    Marriage is the term for the union between a man and a woman only,
    this will be fought to preserve. ...we need a new term
    and nothing negative something lovely worthy of my friends and future familes. :D
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    pandora wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    pandora wrote:
    it is not just a word obviously :fp:
    What is the problem with a new word, a new amendment, granting equal rights to gay unions?
    would this not speed everything up ...

this a great approach that even our current administration could enact.
    Our President satisfies those who want the traditional definition that has been around
    for thousands of years
    while moving the gay rights into place and setting an example for equality.
    It is a word of the future that will embrace future love and families!
    Groovy-cool! :D

Great idea. Let's call it a second class marriage. That way bigots can be happy that gay people aren't allowed to express their love in the same way they are. You're a genius, I tell you. You figured it out.

Do you think that is very negative? I do.
    I don't think you have anything much to say about bigots after your generalizing of the masses
    in the South.

A new word can be established that is even more beautiful than the word marriage

I would like to submit some ideas to my President because
    this is going to be dragged out ridiculously so.
    Marriage is the term for the union between a man and a woman only,
    this will be fought to preserve. ...we need a new term
    and nothing negative something lovely worthy of my friends and future familes. :D

I never generalized the south. I generalized bigots.

I am speechless on the rest, I actually have no response.
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    pandora wrote:
    ...A new word can be established that is even more beautiful than the word marriage

just call it marriage and be done with it. cause thats what it is no matter how many penises and vaginas or lack thereof are involved. otherwise the term marriage is just the exclusive domain of straights. and that pandora is not equality.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,124
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    All groups of people regardless of sex, race or religion should have the EXACT same rights and freedoms.

But some should pay more $ to the government...oops, wrong thread. ;)
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    pandora wrote:
    Please don't talk about prejudice because your posts have been the best example of just that.

I am perfectly fine with being prejudice of intolerant people. If I am intolerant towards intolerance, so fucking be it and it's actually something I am proud of.

I can't be bothered with the rest. All groups of people regardless of sex, race or religion should have the EXACT same rights and freedoms. Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness and if marrying (not some bullshit made up word to satisfy bigots, yes, bigots) is your pursuit of happiness, then gay people have the right to marry just as straight do.

Yes and under the new word for gay union they will!

Think to the future grasp the love that will take us there
    your admitted intolerance holds us all back.
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Every time I see this kind of thing, I think the same thing. I was pissed off when I heard about the NC vote. Then I saw this this morning:

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/ ... orida?lite

:fp:
    And I wondered what year we were living in, and whether or not I'd go home tonight and Leave it to Beaver would be on prime time.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,175
    polaris_x wrote:
    it's so tragic that in a world so full of hate that ignorance continues to make people do hurtful things ... it's a fucking word ... people are hiding their prejudice behind semantics ...
    i agree completely, especially with the large part.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    All groups of people regardless of sex, race or religion should have the EXACT same rights and freedoms.

But some should pay more $ to the government...oops, wrong thread. ;)

Agreed, I am curious as to why I pay a higher percentage of taxes than Warren Buffet ;)
  • Options
    pandora wrote:
    ...A new word can be established that is even more beautiful than the word marriage

just call it marriage and be done with it. cause thats what it is no matter how many penises and vaginas or lack thereof are involved. otherwise the term marriage is just the exclusive domain of straights. and that pandora is not equality.
    No it is the tradition of thousands if years!
    created and based in the union of a man and woman, husband and wife, penis and vagina!

We will find a new term for gay union to carry into the future, one just as beautiful
    with the union it was created for.

As I mentioned if my theory is correct
    there will be far more gay unions than marriages in our distant future....
    its evolution, baby. :D
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Every time I see this kind of thing, I think the same thing. I was pissed off when I heard about the NC vote. Then I saw this this morning:

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/ ... orida?lite

:fp:
    And I wondered what year we were living in, and whether or not I'd go home tonight and Leave it to Beaver would be on prime time.

They look like some friendly fellows. Although the guy on the top left gave me the idea to just tattoo the hair I am losing back on. :lol:
  • Options
    usamamasan1usamamasan1 Posts: 4,695
    I agree with Pandora. That's how it will play out too. Not a touch of hate or inequality in the belief either.

If you see it, that's on you.
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:
    it's so tragic that in a world so full of hate that ignorance continues to make people do hurtful things ... it's a fucking word ... people are hiding their prejudice behind semantics ...
    i agree completely, especially with the large part.
    If this is directed at me you must know I love many more gay people than straight,
    as they are so much kinder to me and accepting :D
  • Options
    pandora wrote:
    pandora wrote:

No it is the tradition of thousands if years!
    created and based in the union of a man and woman, husband and wife, penis and vagina!

We will find a new term for gay union to carry into the future, one just as beautiful
    with the union it was created for.

As I mentioned if my theory is correct
    there will be far more gay unions than marriages in our distant future....
    its evolution, baby. :D

excuse me but i dont give a fuck about thousands of years of tradition when it discriminates. and discriminitory tradition is DEvolution. oh and i think your theory is incorrect. gays want to be able to say theyre married just like the straights. any other label highlights a difference. we can call it a union(or whatever frothy name you thinks appropriate pandora) but its not a real marriage is it? ;)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    gays want to be able to say theyre married just like the straights. any other label highlights a difference. ;)

Um. Do the math, twigs n berries. Nature and shit. There is a difference. Like the difference between a man and a woman. We're human and have the same rights but some are called men and some are called women. That highlights a difference.
  • Options
    keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    gays want to be able to say theyre married just like the straights. any other label highlights a difference. ;)

Um. Do the math, twigs n berries. Nature and shit. Their is a difference. Like the difference between a man and a woman. We're human and have the same rights but some are called men and some are called women. That highlights a difference.
    Um. Do the math. Black and white. Nature and shit. There** is a difference. Like the difference between black and white. We're human and have the same rights but some are called blacks and some are called white. That highlights a difference.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options

Um. Do the math, twigs n berries. Nature and shit. Their is a difference. Like the difference between a man and a woman. We're human and have the same rights but some are called men and some are called women. That highlights a difference.
    Um. Do the math. Black and white. Nature and shit. There** is a difference. Like the difference between black and white. We're human and have the same rights but some are called blacks and some are called white. That highlights a difference.

Well done :clap:
  • Options

that is a biological difference and irrelevant.. biology is out of our control. equality is within our control and so societal tradition can be adapted to be all inclusive... and all that changes is that we allow a certain section of our society to have the same right we straights have. whats the big fucking deal anyway?
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    I thought gay way biological?
  • Options
    I agree with Pandora. That's how it will play out too. Not a touch of hate or inequality in the belief either.

exactly ... who's hating here!

Most of the preservers of marriage do not hate, everyone wants a resolution.

I totally get why the law went through, not to keep gay people from their rights nor
    from their unions, but to preserve the tradition, the history, the defintion of why the word
    marriage was created a union of a man and a woman.

Change can come now even with this President, well if he hurries ;) just kidding
    we need a new word, a new definition and equal rights for all unions!
  • Options
    I thought gay way biological?

it is... whats your point?
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    pandora wrote:

exactly ... who's hating here!

Most of the preservers of marriage do not hate, everyone wants a resolution.

I totally get why the law went through, not to keep gay people from their rights nor
    from their unions, but to preserve the tradition, the history, the defintion of why the word
    marriage was created a union of a man and a woman.

Change can come now even with this President, well if he hurries ;) just kidding
    we need a new word, a new definition and equal rights for all unions!
    Weren't the people who banned interracial marriage saying the exact same thing?
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    Apples and oranges
  • Options
    pandora wrote:
    marriage was created a union of a man and a woman..

ever asked yourself why?
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    I cant believe people are bent over calling a gay marriage by the term 'marriage'.

A fucking joke. 2012. Stop regressing society. The term means whatever our growth as a people and as a society says it means. We are supposed to be the free, open-minded progressive nation, but certain things hold us back.

It doesnt threaten anyone's existing heterosexual marriage (which odds say will be divorced within 5 years anyway).
  • Options
    So because something has been in place for a thousand yrs it should not be changed or adjusted to reflect the times we live in now 2012 .... :fp: :fp:
  • Options
    Apples and oranges
    How so?
  • Options
    MayDay10 wrote:
    I cant believe people are bent over calling a gay marriage by the term 'marriage'.

A fucking joke. 2012. Stop regressing society. The term means whatever our growth as a people and as a society says it means. We are supposed to be the free, open-minded progressive nation, but certain things hold us back.

It doesnt threaten anyone's existing heterosexual marriage (which odds say will be divorced within 5 years anyway).

total agreeance. :thumbup:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    Apples and oranges

Liberal & Conservative
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    :fp: here we go again,same ol' debate same ol' out-come we all know where each other stand and we know we can't change each others minds so there is no reason to call each other names...am I right ?
    "give me an AHMEN ! brothers and sisters" :lol: and lets go back to trashing politicans and such insted of each other....come on now ..let's play nice. ;)

Godfather.
This discussion has been closed.