Options

Signed Deluxe Box on Ebay

Comments

• Options
    IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    JV130312 wrote:
    who cares...really...

That's the sad problem - not caring. We should. A lot of people are just in it for amusement and not really seeking for truth and accountability.
    JV130312 wrote:
    that picture that silver is using for his avatar has been floating around since the box set came out on several pearl jam sites. how do you know the seller wasn't just lazy and used that picture?

It is possible that silver had her picture floating around and the seller took that picture. I didn't find it here on this official board so it could be elsewhere that he took it. Then I'd definitely owe her an apology. Somehow, I don't think so but yes that's possible.
    JV130312 wrote:
    and if it is silver and he wants to sell it, who are you to tell him he can't? you have no idea what financial situation he or his brother are in...

It's not her who was selling this on eBay - another 10c member did. He used the same picture taken of her autographed picture to sell the box.

He was lying about it on his auction.

I am in the worst financial situation with laid off husband and FOUR children. Look at his completed auctions where he has made pretty pennies off other items. Uh ok....

No I am not "holier than thou" but if the seller decided to sell it, BE HONEST. We all expect sellers to be honest about the products they're selling just as we expect all the companies to be honest about their products and question them if something isn't right.

If I really got to the point where I can't get any more assistance to cover for the bills and went against my principles of selling my Benny Hall for the highest I could (even going for the "face value" which I paid for), then I would be honest and tell everyone that. And expect flaming from fellow 10c member AND getting kicked out of 10 club because the agreement was "NOT FOR RESALE". I would accept the consequence for my actions.

If a 10c member can go ahead and sell for the highest value, then everyone else can too. Eventually everything is only affordable to the rich fans.

All because we "don't care" and not holding one accountable.

That's just my opinion - everything is so f**ked up out there.... why do it here with our own PJ community? We should care about one another.

JV130312 wrote:
    :roll:

go worry about something more important in life...

Oh I have time to worry about other important things in my life... how am I going to pay the remaining balance of my water bill (311.82) due in two weeks? I have no frigging idea but I'll figure something out. I always do. And that is one small important item in my life.
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • Options
    JV130312JV130312 STATE OF LOVE & TRUST Posts: 2,415
    IamMine wrote:
    That's the sad problem - not caring. We should. A lot of people are just in it for amusement and not really seeking for truth and accountability.

Accountability? What do you need countability for...it's not really anyone's business but the seller's and the bidder's. You sound like some one stole something or murdered a family member...accountability?
    IamMine wrote:
    I am in the worst financial situation with laid off husband and FOUR children. Look at his completed auctions where he has made pretty pennies off other items. Uh ok....

No I am not "holier than thou" but if the seller decided to sell it, BE HONEST. We all expect sellers to be honest about the products they're selling just as we expect all the companies to be honest about their products and question them if something isn't right.

Unless you were bidding on the item, it's none of your business what the seller was doing. That's the problem here is that everyone wants to be an eBay "police officer." What wasn't right with the guys auction? The picture he showed? As for checking out his completed listings? I could care less. If he made $1,000,000 good for him...it's his business, not mine.
    IamMine wrote:
    If a 10c member can go ahead and sell for the highest value, then everyone else can too. Eventually everything is only affordable to the rich fans.

All because we "don't care" and not holding one accountable.

Unfortunately, the fact that people can sell limited Pearl Jam Items for top dollar is reality. Basically it sounds like you want everything to be affordable to you and if it's not, then it is overpriced and someone should be held accountable? It's not going to change until the 10Club makes more of these "limited items" unlimited.
    IamMine wrote:
    That's just my opinion - everything is so f**ked up out there.... why do it here with our own PJ community? We should care about one another.

But it doesn't sound like you do care about "one another." You care about how much something sells for on eBay and who is selling it. The seller need not explain his/herself to anyone on this board. Like I said, you have no idea what situation they are in financially, medically, etc. How about just saying they must be selling it for a good reason...
    IamMine wrote:
    Oh I have time to worry about other important things in my life... how am I going to pay the remaining balance of my water bill (311.82) due in two weeks? I have no frigging idea but I'll figure something out. I always do. And that is one small important item in my life.

I wish you the best of luck with that. Like I said, there are more important things in life and you sound like you realize that...some members don't. It's just my opinion that people get all worked up about these auctions for no reason.
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    edited May 2009
    Wilds wrote:
    Look... I have no idea about what happened and I really don't care. Like I said, just makes for a little fun.
    I haven't been this entertained since the old board closed. :mrgreen:
    Wilds wrote:
    I don't think anyone has been injured by the speculation.... save perhaps your fragile feelings?
    A little fun you say? How is ganging up on a couple of people fun and entertaining? It is all speculation and yes, one can be injured by speculation. No one here absolutely knows what happened.. read IamMine's quote below....'it is possible that....' My 'fragile' feelings are not what I am worried about. The 'mob' mentality is troublesome... one or two 'play' about and all of a sudden a whole group of people jump on the bandwagon....

Furthermore, no one has the right to ask another member to explain/justify him/herself and no member has any obligation to do so.
    IamMine wrote:
    It is possible that silver had her picture floating around and the seller took that picture. I didn't find it here on this official board so it could be elsewhere that he took it. Then I'd definitely owe her an apology. Somehow, I don't think so but yes that's possible.
    That's why I was saying 'let it be'. We just don't know... To me an apology after publicly calling someone a liar, etc. just doesn't cut it - the damage is done. First is was silver selling then a bit more 'research' it was 36yrPJAddicted & silver in it together, then maybe 36yrPJ on his/her own, then maybe not.....
    IamMine wrote:
    ... why do it here with our own PJ community? We should care about one another.

IamMine.. there was a thread a little while back regarding this 'community' (can't remember what it was called). Turned out that this community is really non-existant (in the most general terms). Only a group of people that may have the one and only thing in common - liking Pearl Jam music. That doesn't make you a certain kind of person or doesn't impart a special bond or anything. Of course there are groups and friendships that form within the members, but for most it is 'just a band' and the 10C a means to get tickets.
    Post edited by redrock on
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    redrock wrote:

IamMine.. there was a thread a little while back regarding this 'community' (can't remember what it was called). Turned out that this community is really non-existant (in the most general terms). Only a group of people that may have the one and only thing in common - liking Pearl Jam music. That doesn't make you a certain kind of person or doesn't impart a special bond or anything. Of course there are groups and friendships that form within the members, but for most it is 'just a band'.

Exactly. There are many members of the so called elite PJ community that do this shit all the time. All they do is look out for themselves. It's so annoying when I see it going on at shows. People are backstabbing each other all the time. Like you said "It's just a band"

So many people here just listen to Pearl Jam only and are delusional IMO.
    NERDS!
  • Options
    I don't consider myself an elite at all and am not part of a certain group here.

But yeah I do admit myself it is much more for me with the band and the community here because of what they stand for and fight for, including their fans. It is like a family here even though many of us won't get to meet in person.

I think I will just shut up because I've said a lot and I am not going to change anything here.
    ~Q Magazine

• Options
    IamMine wrote:
    I don't consider myself an elite at all and am not part of a certain group here.

But yeah I do admit myself it is much more for me with the band and the community here because of what they stand for and fight for, including their fans. It is like a family here even though many of us won't get to meet in person.

I think I will just shut up because I've said a lot and I am not going to change anything here.

I wasn't alluding to you at all, so don't take it the wrong way. :)

At lot of people think it is a family and have that feeling also. Once you see the other side and all the gossip and BS involved, it's pretty lame.
    NERDS!
  • Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    IamMine wrote:

I wasn't alluding to you at all, so don't take it the wrong way. :)

At lot of people think it is a family and have that feeling also. Once you see the other side and all the gossip and BS involved, it's pretty lame.

Kinda like when Dorthy in the Wizard of Oz pulls back the curtain and sees the truth for herself.
  • Options
    DB41DB41 Posts: 539
    I think the butler did it.
  • Options
    silver39silver39 Columbus, Ohio Posts: 1,346
    Hey redrock! I've enjoyed reading your posts in the past. :)

We both have different opinions on this situation.

What I am seeing is two people playing a not so nice game with other PJ fans - as you could see in one post where one bid was jacked up way too high so fast.

sliver39 had this ebay pic in her avatar and 36 year old PJ addicted used his ebay account to do this.

That is NOT cool at all.

If it was just about "music" they cared about - they wouldn't be doing this in the first place, would they?

Would one purchase a $140 SDE if it was just about "music"? No, it was a hope of obtaining an autographed set from the band they LOVE, not sell for profit.

We all know where the band stands on this, do we? Or am I wrong about this? I am not always right, so please do share with me and educate me on this.

In this case, I see it as holding them accountable for lying to us and explain their actions. You may not think so and let them be...

But if one doesn't have a problem selling items, then they should be honest and face the hostility of others. We also expect eBay sellers to be honest, don't we? Why does one - whether a 10c member/eBay seller - feel the need to lie about the products they're selling? That does not make sense to me at all.

I was even prepared for the flaming when I almost decided to sell my Benayora Hall LP. I was not going to lie about it at all.

I know we don't agree on this and we could argue all day about this. But I think it's safe to say 10c does not support this and we as fans should support this by ensuring other fans do not get screwed.

That said, I am very disappointed in 36 year old PJ Addict and sliver39. I do not respect liars.

Shame on you and you are cowards for not being honest.[/quote]

Ok first off, I don't think you people on here get this, I AM NOT SELLING THIS ON EBAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is on my living room shelf!!!! Next to my ITW vinyl, VS vinyl, all tenclub sinlge but the first 2, and all my posters. They are never moving from thoseplaces unless I move then they will go in our new house, so there! If this dude/chick took my avatar photo then they did, so what but i'm not selling this EVER, got it!!!!! If you want proof tell me what you need, and FYI my ebay name is sylvia1976.
    "I'll ride the wave,Where it takes me, I'll hold the pain, Release me"
    "I'm not about to give thanks or appologize"
    "Caught a bolt of lighting, cursed the day he let it go"
  • Options
    silver39 wrote:
    Ok first off, I don't think you people on here get this, I AM NOT SELLING THIS ON EBAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is on my living room shelf!!!! Next to my ITW vinyl, VS vinyl, all tenclub sinlge but the first 2, and all my posters. They are never moving from thoseplaces unless I move then they will go in our new house, so there! If this dude/chick took my avatar photo then they did, so what but i'm not selling this EVER, got it!!!!! If you want proof tell me what you need, and FYI my ebay name is sylvia1976.

From the horse's mouth. Can this be put to rest now?

Silver39... no proof is necessary.

Thread ends? On second thought... maybe we should have the apologies first.
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    silver39 wrote:

No apologies needed just needed to clear the air....some people get a little jumpy around here!
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    silver39 wrote:

Yes, I do apologize for the accusations I made towards you, silver39. Even though redrock says no proof is necessary, I did need to see that.

I'm sorry and even if you do not accept the apologies, I understand.

I would however have a problem with a seller stealing my picture for a product because that is dishonesty. But that's just me.

I'm done here and out for the day.
    ~Q Magazine

• Options
    Yes, I do apologize for the accusations I made towards you, silver39. Even though redrock says no proof is necessary, I did need to see that.

I'm sorry and even if you do not accept the apologies, I understand.

I would however have a problem with a seller stealing my picture for a product because that is dishonesty. But that's just me.

I'm done here and out for the day.[/quote]

What I mean is I don't really care what people think, it's mine all mine and I'll keep til the day I die. I don't need anyones apology because it really didn't hurt my feelings in anyway shape or form, plus I know the SDE is safe with me :D
  • Options
    silver39 wrote:
    What I mean is I don't really care what people think, it's mine all mine and I'll keep til the day I die. I don't need anyones apology because it really didn't hurt my feelings in anyway shape or form, plus I know the SDE is safe with me :D
    You are very gracious.

Nothing more to add to this thread.
  • Options
    Thanks Redrock :-) OH and I changed my avatar no no one will steal it, haha!
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,817
    had i received one of these signed editions......

i would have had it on ebay 4-6 seconds later.............................

you got that flipping right.........
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,968
    i'm shocked, shocked!!!
    well, not that shocked!

:ugeek:
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,575
    redrock wrote:

IamMine.. there was a thread a little while back regarding this 'community' (can't remember what it was called). Turned out that this community is really non-existant (in the most general terms). Only a group of people that may have the one and only thing in common - liking Pearl Jam music. That doesn't make you a certain kind of person or doesn't impart a special bond or anything. Of course there are groups and friendships that form within the members, but for most it is 'just a band'.

Exactly. There are many members of the so called elite PJ community that do this shit all the time. All they do is look out for themselves. It's so annoying when I see it going on at shows. People are backstabbing each other all the time. Like you said "It's just a band"

funny you should make that point: i find it highly amusing and ironic reading posts from certain members on this message board who preach the notion of "community", "respect", and "fairness" who then in turn are observed at shows behaving in a manner unbecoming of their preached ideals. it's amusing to watch said people pull the same shit time and time again at shows, and when they're called out for it on the Porch they usually hide behind the "don't believe everything you're told" argument,...

;)
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    Vedder_Girl77Vedder_Girl77 Posts: 4,335
    Reading this thread is like watching a soap opera!

Got to keep this thread alive...
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • Options
    drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    100 Pacer wrote:
    it's amusing to watch said people pull the same shit time and time again at shows, and when they're called out for it on the Porch they usually hide behind the "don't believe everything you're told" argument,...

;)
    Or the 'i paid for the ticket and can do what i want.' Or more rarely the 'hey, i thought my pants could absorb the urine before it hit the row...'

:)
  • Options

i haven't watched a soap opera in year's.
    is stephano doing ok on 'all my children'?
  • Options
    Vedder_Girl77Vedder_Girl77 Posts: 4,335
    demetrios wrote:

Sorry D, I have never watched "All my Children". :lol: I used to watch Days of Our Lives and the Young and the Restless back when I was in high school and college. Have not seen them since.

But the drama on this thread is way better than anyone of those shows!
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:

Sorry D, I have never watched "All my Children". :lol: I used to watch Days of Our Lives and the Young and the Restless back when I was in high school and college. Have not seen them since.

very true! but i don't know about better. that show passions has been pretty hot lately. :lol:
  • Options
    PJ_LukinPJ_Lukin Posts: 2,049
    Stop_Snitching.jpg
    ~!~ Peace ~!~ Love ~!~ Pearl Jam ~!~
  • Options
    DB41DB41 Posts: 539
    demetrios wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

very true! but i don't know about better. that show passions has been pretty hot lately. :lol:

Almost as hot as Hansel.
  • Options
    very true! but i don't know about better. that show passions has been pretty hot lately. :lol:[/quote]

Almost as hot as Hansel.[/quote]

That Hansel is so hot right now :-)
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:

Stephano is in "Days of Our Lives" D! :mrgreen:

I used to watch this after school in college because my roommate did. I turned it on a few years ago and it was the same damn story line and I hadn't watched it in at least 8 years :shock:
    NERDS!
  • Options
    100 Pacer wrote:
    redrock wrote:

funny you should make that point: i find it highly amusing and ironic reading posts from certain members on this message board who preach the notion of "community", "respect", and "fairness" who then in turn are observed at shows behaving in a manner unbecoming of their preached ideals. it's amusing to watch said people pull the same shit time and time again at shows, and when they're called out for it on the Porch they usually hide behind the "don't believe everything you're told" argument,...

;)

Funny how we always seem to be in agreement. :D
    NERDS!
  • Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    Wilds wrote:
    im diggin the packaging for that though... wish i had it for my illegal copy :lol:

im sure itll be taken down now that youve brought it to 10C's attention
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
This discussion has been closed.