Options

Signed Deluxe Box on Ebay

Comments

• Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    Uh-oh. Busted :o
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    DewieCox wrote:
    The label in the middle has the exact same angle, too.

Did they say the autographs weren't for resale? I'm sure they don't look kindly on it, but there can't be any punishment if they never stated it, imo. For the record, I don't really give a crap if people sell their PJ goodies for jacked up prices, but hot damn some of those prices........

Is that columbian blue vinyl for Vs. the highest value for a PJ record? Not counting the reeink roink test press ( I know the spelling police will get me) .
    7/28/1992 Lollapalooza Cincinnati, 9/22/1996 Toledo, 8/20/2000 Cincinnati, 6/24/2006 Cincinnati, 8/5/2007 Lollapalooza Chicago @ Grant Park, EV solo 8/21/2008 Chicago @ Auditorium Theater
  • Options
    IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    drsluggo wrote:
    Wilds wrote:
    These sigs are an EXACT MATCH. Not similar, exact... the eBay listing is just cropped from your original photo.

Nice detective work...

:shock: Good job, Wilds. I wouldn't have caught that myself...you've got good eyes!

I'm really disturbed with what has been going on lately... whether it's the person who did it or not. Is t he person really telling the truth?

I've personally dealt with some people who flatly denied what they did wrong to me - evidence after evidence. And people defending them to the end - "credible" people, that is. I totally lost it - the people I trusted lied to my face.

I realize I sound naive but I give people benefit of doubt...but when there is clear evidence and just lie about it with a straight face. How do people live with that?

I do not respect people who do that. I'd be more willing to forgive them if they told the truth and is really sorry about it.

Like many people who are having hard times surviving to get food and pay bills, I too wrestled with myself on selling my Benayora Hall LP that I won through Ten Club's auction for the Tsunami Relief.

I almost did it but decided not to. I even talked myself into justifying that I was just getting it for "face value" which is the amount I paid for when I won the auction - 525 dollars.

I was just lying to myself and going against my principles. I knew I would get flamed on the board and I would be a hypocrite because I was going against my principles. Even when I was worried about getting my water shut off - deep down inside it should be sold at 40 dollars, its actual face value.

Some people have tested me by offering a lot of money for the posters I was selling for 20ish a while back. They weren't trying to intentionally testing me but it was a personal test. I didn't like how I was feeling - almost being on the fence of really wanting to accept the offer because I really needed the money badly.

But I chose to stick to my principles and rejected them. In the long run, I felt good about that.

Whew...that felt good talking about it. Sorry you had to read my long messages...
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    IamMine wrote:
    drsluggo wrote:
    Wilds wrote:
    These sigs are an EXACT MATCH. Not similar, exact... the eBay listing is just cropped from your original photo.

Nice detective work...

:shock: Good job, Wilds. I wouldn't have caught that myself...you've got good eyes!

I'm really disturbed with what has been going on lately... whether it's the person who did it or not. Is t he person really telling the truth?

I've personally dealt with some people who flatly denied what they did wrong to me - evidence after evidence. And people defending them to the end - "credible" people, that is. I totally lost it - the people I trusted lied to my face.

I realize I sound naive but I give people benefit of doubt...but when there is clear evidence and just lie about it with a straight face. How do people live with that?

I do not respect people who do that. I'd be more willing to forgive them if they told the truth and is really sorry about it.

Like many people who are having hard times surviving to get food and pay bills, I too wrestled with myself on selling my Benayora Hall LP that I won through Ten Club's auction for the Tsunami Relief.

I almost did it but decided not to. I even talked myself into justifying that I was just getting it for "face value" which is the amount I paid for when I won the auction - 525 dollars.

I was just lying to myself and going against my principles. I knew I would get flamed on the board and I would be a hypocrite because I was going against my principles. Even when I was worried about getting my water shut off - deep down inside it should be sold at 40 dollars, its actual face value.

Some people have tested me by offering a lot of money for the posters I was selling for 20ish a while back. They weren't trying to intentionally testing me but it was a personal test. I didn't like how I was feeling - almost being on the fence of really wanting to accept the offer because I really needed the money badly.

But I chose to stick to my principles and rejected them. In the long run, I felt good about that.

Whew...that felt good talking about it. Sorry you had to read my long messages...

I have wrestled quite a bit with what is right and wrong, but I generally find myself on the side of sell what you have for what it's worth, especially when you need to worry about lifes NEEDS, like gas.

As for this person selling this item, I don't much care about that, but if it is the same person saying "it's not me" and all then that is troublesome, and worth calling out.

With that said, I could be wrong, and perhaps the picture was stolen for use by the eBay user.

But I'll take the risk that that is not true. Thus my pointing it out.
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    dangerboy wrote:
    Bidder Action / Explanation Date of Bid and Retraction
    Bidder 2***3 Cancelled: US $500.00
    Explanation: The seller ended the listing early and cancelled all bids. Bid: May-22-09 15:02:46 PDT
    Cancelled: May-22-09 20:32:15 PDT

Bidder e***d Cancelled: US $250.00
    Explanation: The seller ended the listing early and cancelled all bids. Bid: May-22-09 14:41:39 PDT
    theres the problem with ebay right there... the highest bid was at 250 and some jackass hikes it right up to 500?? i guess if you have the money to do that then all power to ya... but normally i would expect an auction to go a little more gradually til the last hour or so

i hope whoever wins is happy with their scribbly box :roll:
    if youre gonna get sigs without meeting the people then you might as well forge em yourself
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    sgossard3 wrote:
    dangerboy wrote:
    Explanation: The seller ended the listing early and cancelled all bids. Bid: May-22-09 15:02:46 PDT

Explanation: The seller ended the listing early and cancelled all bids. Bid: May-22-09 14:41:39 PDT
    theres the problem with ebay right there... the highest bid was at 250 and some jackass hikes it right up to 500?? i guess if you have the money to do that then all power to ya... but normally i would expect an auction to go a little more gradually til the last hour or so

if youre gonna get sigs without meeting the people then you might as well forge em yourself

Be kind of hard to meet the guys and get them to sign the boxset. Couldn't really carry that around to many shows. I think the boxset signatures are better to have on it instead of a record cover, pick guard etc. At least we know this came straight from the guys & 10 club. Doubt any boxsets will be signed other than the way these were done.
    7/28/1992 Lollapalooza Cincinnati, 9/22/1996 Toledo, 8/20/2000 Cincinnati, 6/24/2006 Cincinnati, 8/5/2007 Lollapalooza Chicago @ Grant Park, EV solo 8/21/2008 Chicago @ Auditorium Theater
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    gregory1 wrote:
    sgossard3 wrote:
    dangerboy wrote:

Be kind of hard to meet the guys and get them to sign the boxset. Couldn't really carry that around to many shows. I think the boxset signatures are better to have on it instead of a record cover, pick guard etc. At least we know this came straight from the guys & 10 club. Doubt any boxsets will be signed other than the way these were done.
    true true... not denying the 8-) factor of the signed box set

i just feel like the 8-) comes from the experience of being one of the lucky few to get it in the original lottery... if youre gonna pay a small fortune then you might as well get something cooler like a poster... just personal preference of course... obviously these are gonna be sought after just cause of the rarity

and not to play devils advocate but now that these are all out in the real world theyre no longer coming "straight from the guys & 10 club"... forgeries may already be out there
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    silver39silver39 Columbus, Ohio Posts: 1,346
    Wilds wrote:
    silver39 wrote:

The bid history is gone, how much was it going for? PLus it was just the box and not it's contents, why pay for the outside? And FYI, it's not me selling it. Mine is proudly displayed in the living room on the shelf for all to see :-)

silver39 wrote:

I am definatly one to tell you I was competly random, but it was the best lottery I have won so far!!!!!

Ok... so it is VERY obvious that silver39 is the seller on eBay. You have simply cropped your own Avatar pic and used that on eBay.

No big deal as I said.... sell away.... but at least be honest on here, or leave the thread alone.

Silver39's Avatar Pic:

eBay listing pic:

boxsigned.jpg

All I have to say is HAHAHAHAHA!!! Trust me when I tell you my Pearl Jam stuff will be with me or my family until the day I die :-)
    "I'll ride the wave,Where it takes me, I'll hold the pain, Release me"
    "I'm not about to give thanks or appologize"
    "Caught a bolt of lighting, cursed the day he let it go"
  • Options
    evenflowmanevenflowman Posts: 1,345
    Man so BUSTED awesome!!!!!!
  • Options
    EddiesMuseEddiesMuse Posts: 389
    Item location is Montana. Maybe Jeff had the guys sign one so he could put it up to recoup some of the cash he lost in Atlanta....

Sorry. I had to.

SICK but LMAO
    Sometimes "Majority" just means all of the Fools are in Agreement.
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413

No, didn't you see he didn't do it.

I checked out a few other boxes and some of the sigs seem to be in the same place, but having all of the sigs in the same place, and the angle of the pic........... it definitely doesn't look good.
  • Options
    Vedder_Girl77Vedder_Girl77 Posts: 4,335
    Looks like you've been busted Silver39! :lol::lol::lol:

I have no problem with you selling your autographed box just fess up! ;)
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • Options
    Vedder_Girl77Vedder_Girl77 Posts: 4,335
    DewieCox wrote:

No, didn't you see he didn't do it.

I checked out a few other boxes and some of the sigs seem to be in the same place, but having all of the sigs in the same place, and the angle of the pic........... it definitely doesn't look good.

I agree 100% this is a match to Silver39 but it is his/hers to keep or sell if they wish.
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • Options
    michelleelisemichelleelise Posts: 346
    Yeah, it's silver's. I just matched them in Photoshop. When you shrink it down it overlays silver's avatar to the pixel. How else can you explain the seller having the original, supersize version of the photo?

Still, I agree with the posters that it's yours to do with as you like - but coming into the thread and lying about it is pretty uncool.
  • Options
    Thorns2010Thorns2010 Posts: 2,199
    Some interesting things I've found on eBay.

From the sellers own page.

What everyone should know about me
    Guitar lover! Don't play out anymore, but still maintain a nice stable of gear that continually evolves & changes...Big Pearl jam & Mitch Hedberg fan...sewed my oats in the early 90's in the Minneapolis music 'scene'...now living in Billings, MT

Hmmmm....that sounds an awful lot like 36 Year Old PJ Addict's Bio.

EDIT: And just to prove my point that I'm not making this up. eBay bio

http://myworld.ebay.com/betterthanbad/

From 36 Year Old PJ Addict on this very board

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=95857&p=2233901&hilit=+minneapolis#p2233901

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=95947&p=2236323&hilit=+billings#p2236323

Hmmm......those posts sound EXACTLY like the eBay BIO
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    edited May 2009
    What are the 'detectives' achieving trying to 'out' whoever is selling this signed box? All assumptions and finger pointing. Two people have already been 'accused'... Not cool.

Who cares about the identity of the seller? Should it be someone posting here, maybe he/she doesn't want people to know and admit it (maybe even fibbing a bit about it), knowing the reaction of certain posters.

This is like a witch hunt. Why not just let it be?
    Post edited by redrock on
  • Options
    CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    Thorns2010 wrote:
    Some interesting things I've found on eBay.

From the sellers own page.

What everyone should know about me
    Guitar lover! Don't play out anymore, but still maintain a nice stable of gear that continually evolves & changes...Big Pearl jam & Mitch Hedberg fan...sewed my oats in the early 90's in the Minneapolis music 'scene'...now living in Billings, MT

Hmmmm....that sounds an awful lot like 36 Year Old PJ Addict's Bio.

EDIT: And just to prove my point that I'm not making this up. eBay bio

http://myworld.ebay.com/betterthanbad/

From 36 Year Old PJ Addict on this very board

http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.ph ... s#p2233901

http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.ph ... s#p2236323

Hmmm......those posts sound EXACTLY like the eBay BIO
    wow you've done a LITTLE too much research :?
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • Options
    CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    redrock wrote:
    Who cares about the identity of the seller? Should it be someone posting here, maybe he/she doesn't want people to know and admit it (maybe even fibbing a bit about it), knowing the reaction of certain posters.

+1
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • Options
    Thorns2010Thorns2010 Posts: 2,199
    It was not my intent to be a detective. I was just looking at the persons profile, and noticed that it sounded very similar to a person on this board.

With the fact that the auction has been closed by the seller, and the accusation has been made that the picture is from this board, its all starting to come together that someone is just fucking around with eBay and us crazy Pearl Jam fans.

I really don't care what people sell, or for how much they sell it for. It just amuses me that people would go to this much trouble for a fake listing. And sure I might be giving them the attention that they want, but I'm bored, stuck at work on Memorial weekend, so there you go.
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    What are the 'detectives' achieving trying to 'out' whoever is selling this signed box? All assumptions and finger pointing. Two people have already been 'accused'... Not cool.

:roll:

My intention was not a witch hunt, just pointing out the obvious copied pictures.

Why? cause it was interesting to me and I thought it would be interesting to people following this thread.

I think that it has been proven to be something people get a kick out of. No big deal. 8-)

I don't think anyone has been injured by the speculation.... save perhaps your fragile feelings?
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,984
    love the detective work here! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    redrock wrote:

Hey redrock! I've enjoyed reading your posts in the past. :)

We both have different opinions on this situation.

What I am seeing is two people playing a not so nice game with other PJ fans - as you could see in one post where one bid was jacked up way too high so fast.

sliver39 had this ebay pic in her avatar and 36 year old PJ addicted used his ebay account to do this.

That is NOT cool at all.

If it was just about "music" they cared about - they wouldn't be doing this in the first place, would they?

Would one purchase a $140 SDE if it was just about "music"? No, it was a hope of obtaining an autographed set from the band they LOVE, not sell for profit.

We all know where the band stands on this, do we? Or am I wrong about this? I am not always right, so please do share with me and educate me on this.

In this case, I see it as holding them accountable for lying to us and explain their actions. You may not think so and let them be...

But if one doesn't have a problem selling items, then they should be honest and face the hostility of others. We also expect eBay sellers to be honest, don't we? Why does one - whether a 10c member/eBay seller - feel the need to lie about the products they're selling? That does not make sense to me at all.

I was even prepared for the flaming when I almost decided to sell my Benayora Hall LP. I was not going to lie about it at all.

I know we don't agree on this and we could argue all day about this. But I think it's safe to say 10c does not support this and we as fans should support this by ensuring other fans do not get screwed.

That said, I am very disappointed in 36 year old PJ Addict and sliver39. I do not respect liars.

Shame on you and you are cowards for not being honest.
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,575
    i have to admit, this thread was quite entertaining to read,...

:lol:
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    100 Pacer wrote:
    i have to admit, this thread was quite entertaining to read,...

:lol:
    Agreed - this is a fantastic thread to read. It has everything - excitement, deception... all it needs it some sex and violence and it has it all!
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,945
    damn thorns2010 that was a crazy catch.....as with the last 3 statements, this is a fun thread to read....hahahha some of us are just too much!
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II '24
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    IamMine wrote:
    redrock wrote:

What I am seeing is two people playing a not so nice game with other PJ fans - as you could see in one post where one bid was jacked up way too high so fast.

sliver39 had this ebay pic in her avatar and 36 year old PJ addicted used his ebay account to do this.

That is NOT cool at all.

If it was just about "music" they cared about - they wouldn't be doing this in the first place, would they?

Would one purchase a $140 SDE if it was just about "music"? No, it was a hope of obtaining an autographed set from the band they LOVE, not sell for profit.

We all know where the band stands on this, do we? Or am I wrong about this? I am not always right, so please do share with me and educate me on this.

In this case, I see it as holding them accountable for lying to us and explain their actions. You may not think so and let them be...

But if one doesn't have a problem selling items, then they should be honest and face the hostility of others. We also expect eBay sellers to be honest, don't we? Why does one - whether a 10c member/eBay seller - feel the need to lie about the products they're selling? That does not make sense to me at all.

I was even prepared for the flaming when I almost decided to sell my Benayora Hall LP. I was not going to lie about it at all.

I know we don't agree on this and we could argue all day about this. But I think it's safe to say 10c does not support this and we as fans should support this by ensuring other fans do not get screwed.

That said, I am very disappointed in 36 year old PJ Addict and sliver39. I do not respect liars.

So why would you blame silver if the other guy made a fake listing with his avatar pic :? ?
    NERDS!
  • Options
    IamMine wrote:
    redrock wrote:

That is NOT cool at all.

So why would you blame silver if the other guy made a fake listing with his avatar pic :? ?

Look... I have no idea about what happened and I really don't care. Like I said, just makes for a little fun.

As for the picture in the avatar. In order for the person listing on eBay to use that picture, they COULD NOT, have actually taken it from the avatar.

First and foremost, the image in the Avatar is tiny. You could not copy that and crop it, then use it at the same size as the one on eBay. (If you blew it up it would be distorted).

Now it is possible that the person on eBay took a larger size picture from the original owner from some other site? Perhaps Silver39 posted his box set pictures on here in the past. That could explain it.

Given the chance to ring in on the speculation Silver39 did not make any mention of why the eBay seller is using his picture to list an item. Why? I don't know, but I do not personally doubt that some of the speculation on this thread is probably true.

Any member of this board aside, the manner by which this item was listed, bid up, and canceled is in itself strange.

I haven't been this entertained since the old board closed. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    popcorn.gif
  • Options
    ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,880
    Norm, you are right!!! Popcorn, a beer...and the show must go on!!! :D:D
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Options
    JV130312JV130312 STATE OF LOVE & TRUST Posts: 2,415
    who cares...really...

that picture that silver is using for his avatar has been floating around since the box set came out on several pearl jam sites. how do you know the seller wasn't just lazy and used that picture?

and if it is silver and he wants to sell it, who are you to tell him he can't? you have no idea what financial situation he or his brother are in...

:roll:

go worry about something more important in life...
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
This discussion has been closed.