Options

Signed Deluxe Box on Ebay

Comments

• Options
    release30release30 Posts: 2,051
    I love autogaphs!!! I collect many and have them on various items..I know I would never be able to have all the ones I have if they were just the ones that I got myself...(various PJ stuff,Nirvana,STP,Neil Young,Pete Townsend,Chris Cornell,Ben Harper,John Mayer and others..)
    Conversations getting dull
    There's a constant ringing in my ears
    Sense of humor's void and numb
    And I'm bored to tears.......
  • Options
    HeavyHandsHeavyHands Posts: 2,130
    I did however meet Wayne Gretzky in 1993 and had him sign a hockey card. That's all I got.

That's all? Just The Great One!?!

Remember... Jesus saves, but Gretzky gets the rebound and scores!
    "A lot more people are capable of being big out there that just don't give themselves a chance." -Stone Gossard
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    interesting thought...did PJ say 'not for resale' on the box set like on the holiday singles?

nope! but the future will tell what goodies the user per say will get from 10club down the road ...

I find it hard to imagine that 10C could possibly yield such big brother power...I mean whoever got the box set, it's their property, isn't it? :lol:
    "No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."
  • Options
    I find it hard to imagine that 10C could possibly yield such big brother power...I mean whoever got the box set, it's their property, isn't it? :lol:[/quote]

I think the 10c would think twice about giving something like autographed item to a mamber who has proven they are willing to re-sell it instead of cherish it. Especially when it was random and given for the same price as standard items. Maybe not so random next time.
    7/28/1992 Lollapalooza Cincinnati, 9/22/1996 Toledo, 8/20/2000 Cincinnati, 6/24/2006 Cincinnati, 8/5/2007 Lollapalooza Chicago @ Grant Park, EV solo 8/21/2008 Chicago @ Auditorium Theater
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,984
    demetrios wrote:
    interesting thought...did PJ say 'not for resale' on the box set like on the holiday singles?

nope! but the future will tell what goodies the user per say will get from 10club down the road ...

I find it hard to imagine that 10C could possibly yield such big brother power...I mean whoever got the box set, it's their property, isn't it? :lol:

i know man. i'm just messing around this friday night!
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,013
    release30 wrote:
    I love autogaphs!!! I collect many and have them on various items..I know I would never be able to have all the ones I have if they were just the ones that I got myself...(various PJ stuff,Nirvana,STP,Neil Young,Pete Townsend,Chris Cornell,Ben Harper,John Mayer and others..)
    :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    PJFAN_seattlePJFAN_seattle Posts: 2,965
    looks like i better get a credit card. ;)
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
  • Options
    The set just got taken off by sellers own doing. Might relist in June. Oh well, guess I'm keeping my benny for now!
    7/28/1992 Lollapalooza Cincinnati, 9/22/1996 Toledo, 8/20/2000 Cincinnati, 6/24/2006 Cincinnati, 8/5/2007 Lollapalooza Chicago @ Grant Park, EV solo 8/21/2008 Chicago @ Auditorium Theater
  • Options
    megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Times are tough. This guy probably needs money.
    Tough enough to shell out 140 bucks in the first place?

booyah
  • Options
    evenflowmanevenflowman Posts: 1,345
    gregory1 wrote:
    Please don't make a big deal out of this, but I swear I'm about ready to put up my sealed Benny Hall to help me pay for it. I don't see me ever being able to get an autograph in person by one of the guys in PJ, not to mention getting all 5 of them to sign a single item. I don't see that happenning for me. Be kind to me, any opinions?

I will trade u some pj autographs for ur benny
  • Options
    dustinparduedustinpardue Las Vegas, NV Posts: 1,829
    I am still trying to afford the super deluxe set period, don't even care about the autograph
    "All I Ever Knew" available now in print and digital formats at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iBooks.
  • Options
    dustinparduedustinpardue Las Vegas, NV Posts: 1,829
    PJ_kidd wrote:

if you don't have one, don't get one. You are better off!
    "All I Ever Knew" available now in print and digital formats at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iBooks.
  • Options
    ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,880
    Just look on ebay again! The signed box has been removed!!! The seller wrote that he got called away on business to Denver! So he will be away for two weeks and re-list the box again when he returns! :?
    However, regarding that is was the first day of the auction and the price was already $ 150, you can imagine that the final price would be far beyond our means...unfortunately too high for me!! :(
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Options
    dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    look at the bid history

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • Options
    megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    PJ_kidd wrote:

if you don't have one, don't get one. You are better off!
    +1
    but bad credit is better than no credit..unless you have my credit.
  • Options
    dangerboy wrote:
    look at the bid history

:?: :?: What about it? I was watching it, too :)
  • Options
    silver39silver39 Columbus, Ohio Posts: 1,346
    dangerboy wrote:
    look at the bid history

:?: :?: What about it? I was watching it, too :)

The bid history is gone, how much was it going for? PLus it was just the box and not it's contents, why pay for the outside? And FYI, it's not me selling it. Mine is proudly displayed in the living room on the shelf for all to see :-)
    "I'll ride the wave,Where it takes me, I'll hold the pain, Release me"
    "I'm not about to give thanks or appologize"
    "Caught a bolt of lighting, cursed the day he let it go"
  • Options
    last I checked it was at $255 with 9 days left....Jeez though, they only signed like 50 of 'em though, right? :oops:
  • Options
    gregory1 wrote:

I think the 10c would think twice about giving something like autographed item to a mamber who has proven they are willing to re-sell it instead of cherish it. Especially when it was random and given for the same price as standard items. Maybe not so random next time.[/quote]

Sorry, but I don't think many of us believe that the autographs went out to random people.... :?
  • Options

Sorry, but I don't think many of us believe that the autographs went out to random people.... :?
    For the most part, I think they did. Then of course you have an exception like D, but who here could say that he doesn't deserve it?
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    Yeah, maybe you're right...not for me to speculate...I have no way of knowing how PJ did it...I do remember reading that this guy's brother gave him the set a s a gift though... (I think?) on the Ebay listing :?:
  • Options
    silver39silver39 Columbus, Ohio Posts: 1,346
    LukinFan wrote:

For the most part, I think they did. Then of course you have an exception like D, but who here could say that he doesn't deserve it?

I am definatly one to tell you I was competly random, but it was the best lottery I have won so far!!!!!
    "I'll ride the wave,Where it takes me, I'll hold the pain, Release me"
    "I'm not about to give thanks or appologize"
    "Caught a bolt of lighting, cursed the day he let it go"
  • Options
    silver39 wrote:
    LukinFan wrote:

I am definatly one to tell you I was competly random, but it was the best lottery I have won so far!!!!!
    :mrgreen:
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    it's still there. scroll down

Bid retraction and cancellation history

Bidder Action / Explanation Date of Bid and Retraction
    Bidder 2***3 Cancelled: US $500.00
    Explanation: The seller ended the listing early and cancelled all bids. Bid: May-22-09 15:02:46 PDT
    Cancelled: May-22-09 20:32:15 PDT

Bidder n***9 Cancelled: US $77.77
    Explanation: The seller ended the listing early and cancelled all bids. Bid: May-22-09 03:33:04 PDT

Bidder e***d Cancelled: US $250.00
    Explanation: The seller ended the listing early and cancelled all bids. Bid: May-22-09 14:41:39 PDT

Bidder 0***h Cancelled: US $119.99
    Explanation: The seller ended the listing early and cancelled all bids. Bid: May-22-09 03:47:33 PDT

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • Options
    Vedder_Girl77Vedder_Girl77 Posts: 4,335
    Does anyone know if this is someone who posts on this message board who is selling this? Just curious that's all!
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • Options
    Does anyone know if this is someone who posts on this message board who is selling this? Just curious that's all!

I doubt anyone would come clean on that. Someone could rat them out, but that seems unlikely as well.
  • Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    silver39 wrote:

The bid history is gone, how much was it going for? PLus it was just the box and not it's contents, why pay for the outside? And FYI, it's not me selling it. Mine is proudly displayed in the living room on the shelf for all to see :-)

silver39 wrote:

Ok... so it is VERY obvious that silver39 is the seller on eBay. You have simply cropped your own Avatar pic and used that on eBay.

No big deal as I said.... sell away.... but at least be honest on here, or leave the thread alone.

Silver39's Avatar Pic:

eBay listing pic:

boxsigned.jpg

These sigs are an EXACT MATCH. Not similar, exact... the eBay listing is just cropped from your original photo.
  • Options
    drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    Wilds wrote:
    These sigs are an EXACT MATCH. Not similar, exact... the eBay listing is just cropped from your original photo.

Nice detective work...
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    The label in the middle has the exact same angle, too.

Did they say the autographs weren't for resale? I'm sure they don't look kindly on it, but there can't be any punishment if they never stated it, imo. For the record, I don't really give a crap if people sell their PJ goodies for jacked up prices, but hot damn some of those prices........
  • Options
    Cinnamon GirlCinnamon Girl Posts: 1,854
    drsluggo wrote:
    Wilds wrote:

Nice detective work...

+1! I never would have caught that! :D
    05-10-06, 08-05-07, 06-14-08 , 08-12-08(EV), 06-11-09(EV), 06-12-09(EV), 08-21-09, 05-10-10, 09-11-11, 09-12-11, 07-16-13, 07-19-13, 10-12-13, 10-21-13, 10-22-13,
This discussion has been closed.