LETS GO RED WINGS!!!!!

Comments

• DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,757
    milarso wrote:
    Past his prime? He led the 2008 Stanley Cup championship team in goals this season (he had 40, that's seven more than Cindy). And was near the top in every statistical category. He left Pittsburgh because he didn't think they had a chance at beating Detroit this year. And he's right.
    And yet he's not in the top 30 scorers in this year's playoffs (Sid is #1). He left Pittsburgh because he knew his time was running out and his no-show this post season proves it.
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • Jimmydean55Jimmydean55 Posts: 1,273
    Nice win last nite. :)

That was a real heartbreaker for the Hawks last night. The Hawks definitely outplayed the Wings last night and then lose it on a terrible turnover by Campbell. The Wings are so damn talented that they make you pay anytime you fuck up. Hope we can take 2 in Chicago and turn this into a series.

+1.
  • megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    DeLukin wrote:
    milarso wrote:
    Past his prime? He led the 2008 Stanley Cup championship team in goals this season (he had 40, that's seven more than Cindy). And was near the top in every statistical category. He left Pittsburgh because he didn't think they had a chance at beating Detroit this year. And he's right.
    And yet he's not in the top 30 scorers in this year's playoffs (Sid is #1). He left Pittsburgh because he knew his time was running out and his no-show this post season proves it.

he could ride the pine and the wings would be fine...
    he doesnt have to score
    3rd line got it done last night and could do it again
    stacked baby :D
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    The Wings always manage to get that key goal when they need it

It's amazing
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • milarsomilarso Posts: 1,280
    DeLukin wrote:
    ]

And the Stanley Cup ring he'll get this summer will prove he made the right choice coming to Detroit, and that Pitt, just like last year, is much ado about nothing. Remember that? When the Wings killed the Pens in five games last year, with the only win Pitt got coming in triple OT? Some savior Cindy is.
    "The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
  • Series is over.

Chicago will be lucky if they get one.
    There's a trapdoor in the sun.
  • pearljimpearljim Posts: 1,306
    DeLukin wrote:
    pearljim wrote:
    Faithless? How many years did he play for Pittsburgh? Maybe Hossa just couldn't take the locker room after each game - Syd can we see your ass, Syd how does it feel to be so great, Syd did Detroit cheat to win the Cup, Syd just how awesome are you, Syd are you still a virgin and on and on ad nauseum....

I guess they needed another geezer past his prime for an AARP discount or something - Yeah Bill Guerin's a teenager. Maybe they got Guerin to show Sydney what a woman looks like :)

As for your prediction I wish I could say no way but with Bettman so far up Cindy's ass I wouldn't be surprised.
    Hossa spent 1 year in Pittsburgh. And he jumped ship because he wanted to better his chances to win the Cup. It's not like he was marooned on a team that had no hopes of every getting it, he just knew he was well past his prime and running out of time. Ask a guy who has labored his whole career with one team for the Cup and never got it and I bet that guy has no respect for what Hossa did. And like him or not Sidney Crosby is the best player in hockey period. Bill Guerin is ancient but the team is young. Detroit is not. Pens in 7. With or without Bettman's help.

So he was on Pitt for 1 year and is supposed to be faithful?! Why didn't Pitt sign him for longer when they had the chance? Cindy is the best only because Bettman tells you he is. He couldn't carry Zetterberg or Datsuyk jock straps. The only reason Cindy scores is because Bettman rules state that the Penguins be allowed more power plays than the opposing team. Crosby stands at the side of the net and oh here's a puck let me put it into this open net". Of course he couldn't hit that open net last year on a 5-3 vs Detroit :) I'm sure he'll have a few 5-3 vs Detroit this year which is why I don't bet.

To tell you the truth I have NO reason to dislike Crosby. He's a very good player but the NHL wants to shove him down our throats. If I were Cindy I'd tell Bettman to lay off the Syd the Kid thing. 50 percent of the people will be brainwashed into believing this crap, and the other 50 percent will start calling him Cindy :)

I respect Hossa for the fact he turned down a boat load of money unlike other sports. Ray Bourque didn't seem to become despised by the NHL.
    If you have a chance to make life better for others, and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.

Roberto Clemente.
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    DeLukin wrote:
    milarso wrote:
    That's because he is playing on a TEAM this year.... :twisted:
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Red Mosquito75Red Mosquito75 Posts: 1,034
    go blackhawks :D
    This is Not For You
    pg305420 wrote:

This rivalry is only going to get so much better.
    Watching the game last night and seeing how young the Blackhawks are... man, if they keep this nucleus together, in two or three years, this team is going to be the talk of the Windy City.
    "The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
  • greenmannygreenmanny Posts: 766
    Go Wings! Any predictions on how many games it'll take the Wings to win? I personally think it'll be a sweep.
    greenmanny wrote:
    Go Wings! Any predictions on how many games it'll take the Wings to win? I personally think it'll be a sweep.

I don't think that it is out of the realm of possibility that the Hawks will take one at home. But I'd be surprised if this one goes more than five.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    The scary thing about the Redwings is that they are progressing through the playoffs without any real goal support from the big three of Hank, Pavel, and Hossa. Plus Holmstrom is snakebit up front too. I could be (and probably am) biased, but I don't think the hockey gods have been on our side so far but luckily our mortals are finding ways.

Detroit has yet to play their best hockey any yet they continue to win.
  • RoughMixRoughMix Posts: 385
    Jason P wrote:
    The scary thing about the Redwings is that they are progressing through the playoffs without any real goal support from the big three of Hank, Pavel, and Hossa. Plus Holmstrom is snakebit up front too. I could be (and probably am) biased, but I don't think the hockey gods have been on our side so far but luckily our mortals are finding ways.

Detroit has yet to play their best hockey any yet they continue to win.

Well,Zetterberg is off to a fine start with 16 points (7 goals),but yes Datsyuk,hossa,and Holmstrom are struggling.
    But the unsung hero is Franzen.It is not much of a surprise to Wings fans and we all saw what he did last playoff season(13 goals).
    This guy is a superstar.
    Osgood andCleary are the other ones.
    It told alot last game in ot when Samuelsson intercepted the Campbell pass and fed the puck to Hudler,Patrick Kane was right beside him.Samuelsson took off and when he scored,Kane was just crossing the blueline.
    I don't care how tired you are at least make an effort to catch him.
    He's only 20.

GO WINGS!!
    "They don't give a shit Keith Moon is dead,
    is that exactly what I thought I read."
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,822
    milarso wrote:
    pg305420 wrote:

This rivalry is only going to get so much better.
    Watching the game last night and seeing how young the Blackhawks are... man, if they keep this nucleus together, in two or three years, this team is going to be the talk of the Windy City.

I love that this rivalry is just going to keep getting better. It's amazing how young the Hawks are. The guys that are 26-27 are considered the "veterans". Hopefully they can keep the big pieces together. I think the Hawks will win game 3....after that, I dont know. All I know is that I love all the playoff experience these young guys are getting.
    RoughMix wrote:
    It told alot last game in ot when Samuelsson intercepted the Campbell pass and fed the puck to Hudler,Patrick Kane was right beside him.Samuelsson took off and when he scored,Kane was just crossing the blueline.
    He's only 20.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sor3Faq7DMQ

Watch the beginning of the play, before it breaks out. Patrick Kane is in Samuelsson's back pocket. He was right there.
    People can say what they want about Detroit's defensive forwards, but if that were Datsuyk or Zetterberg in Kane's place, there is no way Samuelsson gets a shot off. Kane gave up.
    milarso wrote:
    RoughMix wrote:
    He's only 20.

Watch the beginning of the play, before it breaks out. Patrick Kane is in Samuelsson's back pocket. He was right there.
    People can say what they want about Detroit's defensive forwards, but if that were Datsuyk or Zetterberg in Kane's place, there is no way Samuelsson gets a shot off. Kane gave up.

still was kanes fault. shoulda just put it back in the corner but went for a cross ice pass...

edit..wasn't kane. was campbell i believe
    milarso wrote:
    RoughMix wrote:
    He's only 20.

still was kanes fault. shoulda just put it back in the corner but went for a cross ice pass...

edit..wasn't kane. was campbell i believe

Not saying the goal was Kane's fault, but I think from watching the video, he could have taken Samulesson out of the play. If that happened, Filpula still might have scored, or at least forced Khabibulan (sp) to make a big save.
    My friends and I were flipping out when we saw the replay of the game-winning goal and Kane pretty much gave up. He can be a pretty frustrating player to watch. He is so skilled offensively, but he plays so soft. I know he's a small guy, but most of time he plays like a complete pussy. But there's no excuse for just giving up on that play. You gotta skate.
  • pearljimpearljim Posts: 1,306
    milarso wrote:
    RoughMix wrote:
    He's only 20.

Wow nice catch.
    If you have a chance to make life better for others, and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.

Roberto Clemente.
    My friends and I were flipping out when we saw the replay of the game-winning goal and Kane pretty much gave up. He can be a pretty frustrating player to watch. He is so skilled offensively, but he plays so soft. I know he's a small guy, but most of time he plays like a complete pussy. But there's no excuse for just giving up on that play. You gotta skate.

He'll get it. The new NHL won't allow for that kind of lazy play. It's just too fast. He's too talented to not make the adjustments. I was kind of hard on him when I was talking to my friends as well. And then I get to thinking, "Geez man, he's only 20!" I was way more useless than him when I was 20. He'll change his game and continue to get better. At some point, I think the Hawks are going to see this series as what it is likely shaping to be- some great experience and a chance to learn from the youthful mistakes.
    milarso wrote:

He'll get it. The new NHL won't allow for that kind of lazy play. It's just too fast. He's too talented to not make the adjustments. I was kind of hard on him when I was talking to my friends as well. And then I get to thinking, "Geez man, he's only 20!" I was way more useless than him when I was 20. He'll change his game and continue to get better. At some point, I think the Hawks are going to see this series as what it is likely shaping to be- some great experience and a chance to learn from the youthful mistakes.

I know man, its crazy to think that this kid is only 20. I remember the type of shit I was doing when I was 20 and Kane is out there scoring hat tricks to clinch a series in the 2nd round of the playoffs. He'll get it eventually. And I know Quennville won't stand for any play like that. He doesn't mess around.
    No Datsyuk for game 3? :o
    I know he hasn't done to much production wise,but......
    This loss will be felt.
    Possibly the opening Chicago has been waiting for.
    RoughMix wrote:
    This loss will be felt.

Is he out for sure? I heard yesterday that he had a sore foot, but still expected to play.
    milarso wrote:
    RoughMix wrote:
    This loss will be felt.

Is he out for sure? I heard yesterday that he had a sore foot, but still expected to play.
    i love hockey. i read lower body injury.
    if it was football we'd have access to the x-rays
  • I'm almost more tired about hearing 'how young the Hawks are and how good they'll be in a few years' than anything/everything about that little cherry picker Crosby.

Hang your hat on young potential, Chicago. How'd that 'Baby Bulls' things ever work out for you?
  • DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,757
    that little cherry picker Crosby.
    Another goal last night (league-leading 13th of the playoffs). Not bad for a 'little cherry picker'...
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
    milarso wrote:
    RoughMix wrote:
    This loss will be felt.

Game time decision.
    Ville Leino has been called up and will replce him if datsyuk can't go.
    He blocked a shot,it looked like off the top of his (left ?) foot.
    I saw him leave the ice immediately but nothing was mentioned on the telly.
    I'm almost more tired about hearing 'how young the Hawks are and how good they'll be in a few years' than anything/everything about that little cherry picker Crosby.

Hang your hat on young potential, Chicago. How'd that 'Baby Bulls' things ever work out for you?

Well, they're already in the Western Conf. Finals with the youngest team in the league, so its working out pretty well for the Hawks so far.
    milarso wrote:
    RoughMix wrote:
    This loss will be felt.

i love hockey. i read lower body injury.
    if it was football we'd have access to the x-rays

Hockey is so funny about how they will never release actual injuries during the playoffs. It makes you wonder how many guys are still playing hurt, but you never hear about it. These guys are tough.