Options

Pearl Jam NEW Rock Band Project - Vote Now

Comments

• Options
    darthdarth Houston, TX Posts: 139
    Too bad it will be downloadable content and not a standalone disc.

Would love a Rock BAnd: Pearl Jam

They haven't said yet either way if its just a disc or a whole game.
    9/16/95; 10/14/00; 10/15/00; 10/17/00; 4/5/03; 4/6/03; 10/04/09; 11/12/12 (Ed); 11/16/13; 10/12/14
  • Options
    I can bet on it being dowbloadable content. Or maybe it will be a disc like the AC/DC-disc... but I bet it will not be on a disc.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    JM55546JM55546 Posts: 129
    And why is that, outside of just guessing?
  • Options
    "First ever fan-voted set list" and calling it a "project" points toward it being an actual disc and not just downloads as far as I am concerned. I can't imagine it not being an actual disc given the amount of time being put into the voting. I would think if they were going to just make downloads available they wouldn't bother with the voting and just put the damn songs on there.

Myself and the boys had a blast drinking beer and rocking out with backspacer the other night....one of my buddies said 'who would've ever thought we would be 30-something years old sitting around on a saturday night drinking beer and playing video games." True that....nevertheless its good drunken fun and has caused me to realize that I should be in a PJ cover band cause I'll be damned if I don't sound exactly like eddie...or maybe that was just the beer that made me think that
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,940
    "First ever fan-voted set list" and calling it a "project" points toward it being an actual disc and not just downloads as far as I am concerned. I can't imagine it not being an actual disc given the amount of time being put into the voting. I would think if they were going to just make downloads available they wouldn't bother with the voting and just put the damn songs on there.

Myself and the boys had a blast drinking beer and rocking out with backspacer the other night....one of my buddies said 'who would've ever thought we would be 30-something years old sitting around on a saturday night drinking beer and playing video games." True that....nevertheless its good drunken fun and has caused me to realize that I should be in a PJ cover band cause I'll be damned if I don't sound exactly like eddie...or maybe that was just the beer that made me think that
    From the Pearl Jam website once you're at the page with Rhapsody:
    "Your expertise will help us determine which of these versions is worthy of being on the setlist of this Live Pearl Jam game. Just click on the songs you like and open up the Rhapsody playlist widget for that particular song. Once you have the widget open, listen to the version you think is the best. The versions that are played the most times will be deemed the best versions and will then be in consideration to make the final “set list” for the game."
    My guess, since we haven't heard much about this, is that it was originally planned for a game, and either now is deep into production, has been scrapped, or will be a DLC pack. Actually, looking over my post, I realize now that this has very little useful information, except for the fact that the original plan was for a game.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    inhiding 1976inhiding 1976 NWI Posts: 580
    No thanks.

7-11-95, 6-14-98, 6-26-98, 6-27-98, 6-29-98, 8-17-98, 08-18-00, 8-20-00, 09-05-00, 10-7-00, 10-8-00, 10-9-00, 10-11-00, 4-21-03, 4-22-03, 4-23-03, 4-25-03, 04-26-03, 6-18-03, 6-21-03, 6-22-03, 6-25-03, 06-26-03, 10-3-04, 9-11-05, 9-12-05, 9-13-05, 5-9-06, 5-10-06, 5-16-06, 5-17-06, 5-19-06, 5-20-06, 6-23-06, 6-24-06, 6-29-06, 8-5-07, E.V. Milwaukee and Chicago night 1, 8-23-09,08-24-09, 5-7-10, 5-9-10, E.V. 6-28-011, 9-3-11, 9-4-11, 7-19-13, 10-11-13, 10-3-14, 10-17-14, 10-20-14, E.V. 04-26-16, 08-20-16, 08-22-16, 8-20-18, 8-22-18, 9-16-22, 9-18-22, 9-5-23, 9-7-23, 9-10-23
  • Options
    Paul-JamPaul-Jam Posts: 136
    allright, so are we sure it's probably not gonna be a big box like the Beatles Rockband, right? I saw the RB2 special edition on sale for 99$ and am gonna get it so I can practice and get a feel for it before the disc hits the market....whenever that will be. Can't wait.
    2006  July-6               Las Vegas
    2006  July-18             San Francisco 3
    2009  October-6         Los Angeles 3
    2013  November-21   San Diego
    2013  November-26   Oakland
    2014  October-22       Denver
    2016  August-5           Fenway 1
    2016  August-7           Fenway 2
    2016  November-11    Temple of The Dog- San Francisco 1
    2018  August-18         Wrigley 1
    2018  August-20         Wrigley 2
    2018  September-4     Boston 2
    2022  May-18              Sacramento...fuck covid
  • Options
    MilMil Posts: 5
    When is it coming out?

Come on!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    please have WHIP IT (in costume) in the game !!
  • Options
    I want Yellow Ledbetter and betterman rearview mirror please Rock Band, thank goodness I have all the songs I can get my hands on, drive my husband crazy when I play all I wnat to play are PJ songs so the more the better, Got some? Well then bring it.
  • Options
    Paul-JamPaul-Jam Posts: 136
    So I got RB2 a few days ago and HOLY CRAP, that game is tough!! My hand, eye coordination is way off! I tried playing ALIVE on medium and got boo'ed off the stage after completing 22% of the song. PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE. I am blaming it on the fact that I'm 38. How long does it take for you to get comfortable with this game?
    2006  July-6               Las Vegas
    2006  July-18             San Francisco 3
    2009  October-6         Los Angeles 3
    2013  November-21   San Diego
    2013  November-26   Oakland
    2014  October-22       Denver
    2016  August-5           Fenway 1
    2016  August-7           Fenway 2
    2016  November-11    Temple of The Dog- San Francisco 1
    2018  August-18         Wrigley 1
    2018  August-20         Wrigley 2
    2018  September-4     Boston 2
    2022  May-18              Sacramento...fuck covid
  • Options
    ringoringo Posts: 504
    ^^ Just keep playing, when you start consistently getting 5 stars and upper 90's for your percentages move on up to hard. Rinse and repeat on hard and you'll be on expert before you know.
    d'oh
  • Options
    It would be nice if they added some live tracks from Backspacer. Playing GOT SOME on RB2 rocks!!! :twisted:

PSN:Ivn1322
  • Options
    ya, it should be good, I can't wait for it to come out!
    9/28/2004 Boston, Mass
    5/12/2006 Albany, NY
    6/01/2006 E Rutherford, NJ
    6/24/2008, NYC MSG, NY
    6/25/2008, NYC MSG, NY
    10/27/2009 Philli, PA Spectrum 1
    5/21/2010 NYC MSG 2, NY
    10/25/13 Hartford, Ct
  • Options
    StophyStophy Posts: 69
    Is/Was Backspacer only available for a limited time? I still can't find it to download on the Wii (I live in England if it makes a difference). I can find Ten on RB2 Online store but not Backspacer.

:D
    Cheers
  • Options
    RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,942
    I am only an XBOX 360 player but if you ask me selling it temprarily would have no sense at all, I guess you should make it another try. Good luck!!! ;)

here is a link, hope it helps you
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_in_do ... and_series
    budapest.arnhem.antwerpen.vienna.madrid.katowice.nova_rock.nijmegen.rotterdam.berlin.dublin.belfast.london.venice.prague.stockholm.copenhagen.vienna.leeds.milton_keynes.padova.
    prague.seattle1.seattle2.chicago1
  • Options
    Stoph wrote:
    Is/Was Backspacer only available for a limited time? I still can't find it to download on the Wii (I live in England if it makes a difference). I can find Ten on RB2 Online store but not Backspacer.

Cheers

Yeah I just downloaded it this week (song by song not the whole album)

You need to buy Wii points first then go back to RB2 and get it...
    It's fun!!
    I am no Eddie :?
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    Stoph wrote:

Cheers
    It hasn't been released in Europe yet. They're releasing all the songs that have already been released in bunches and Backspacer will appear eventually.
  • Options
    OK, I haven't listened to the tracks on Rhapsody yet, since I know I'll get so caught up in it that I'll most likely forget to come back here to post, at least right away, :roll: so I'll say this up front.
    I think that Rock Band should include something of interest to casual fans as well as to us diehard Jammers. If it's a capital venture, which I suppose it is, then what is needed to pull in the casual listener are tunes that are likely to be played on the FM airwaves, such as Alive, Even Flow, Black, Betterman, The Fixer, Gonna See My Friend, AS WELL AS songs of particular value to Jammers like us. Some of my personal favorites, and tunes that I would like to see in the Project, are SOLAT, Come Back, Unthought Unknown, Wishlist, Red Mosquito, Amongst the Waves, Rise, LBC, Once, Porch, etc. Everyone has their favorites, but I would steer away from songs like Jeremy as it's so overplayed and I don't feel it really represents the feeling that we get from our true Pearl Jam. So, that's my opinion. After I spend a gazillion hours trying to decide what I like best on Rhapsody, I'll let ya'll know :lol:
    Keep Jammin' !
    Jo
    :>0x<:
    2008- Camden, NJ
    2006- Camden, NJ
    2005- Philadelphia, PA
    2003- Philadelphia, PA
    2003- Camden, NJ
  • Options
    BrainOfJHA wrote:
    I much prefer Rock Band over Guitar Hero! and hopefully once they determine the best versions of those songs that they all make the game/dlc they are planning! no Yellow Ledbetter though...

I can not understand how they left off Yellow Ledbetter either, especially since these are all "live" versions and YL is one the best and one the, if not quintessential "Live" PJ songs IMO!
    11/5/91: Troy NY "I Just Want to SCREAM... HELLO!"
    8/4/92:Saratoga NY 4/6/94:Mass 9/13/98:CT
    8/27/2000:Saratoga NY,10/04/2000:Montreal,Canada
    04/29/03:Albany, 5/12/06:Albany NY,10/31/09:Philly,5/15/10Hartford CT

• Options
    Stoph wrote:

Cheers
    It hasn't been released in Europe yet. They're releasing all the songs that have already been released in bunches and Backspacer will appear eventually.

Ah man. I'm having my annual PJ party later this month so bought Rock Band 2. Just plugged it in and came on here when I couldn't find backspacer. Boo!!!!!!!! Just release it. Rubbish :cry:
    Check out my covers http://www.youtube.com/wickedwkd

Amsterdam 26/6/12, Manchester 21/6/12, Manchester 20/6/12, PJ20 4/9/11 PJ20 3/9/11 Hyde Park 25/6/10, Belfast 23/6/10, Dublin 22/6/10, Philly 30/10/09, Philly 28/10/09, O2 18/8/09, Berlin 15/8/09, Shepherds Bush 11/8/09, Goeffert Park 28/6/07, Wembley Arena 18/6/09, Marseille 9/6/06, Reading Festival 27/8/06, Astoria 20/4/06
  • Options
    BrainOfJHA wrote:
    I much prefer Rock Band over Guitar Hero! and hopefully once they determine the best versions of those songs that they all make the game/dlc they are planning! no Yellow Ledbetter though...

I can not understand how they left off Yellow Ledbetter either, especially since these are all "live" versions and YL is one the best and one the, if not quintessential "Live" PJ songs IMO!

They probably didn't want to write actual lyrics for the song :)
  • Options
    uglybabouglybabo Posts: 518
    Greenday:RockBand has just been announced. It features avatars of the band, specific venures and art related to their albums and tours. It is also fully exportable to RockBand 2.

I can only hope that Pearl Jam:RockBand is anything like this. I'm hoping they don't use live tracks, although it appears by the voting that they are.
  • Options
    uglybabo wrote:
    Greenday:RockBand has just been announced. It features avatars of the band, specific venures and art related to their albums and tours. It is also fully exportable to RockBand 2.

I can only hope that Pearl Jam:RockBand is anything like this. I'm hoping they don't use live tracks, although it appears by the voting that they are.

Im not sure how many GreenDay fans are on this board... but i'm one of them! Listened to them for years and were a few friends kinda "grew out of them" i havent! So good to see another game i may purchase!
    but id rather be heard simular news for the pearl jam game!!!

HURRY UP WITH SOMETHING!!! I cant wait much longer!!
    has it been over 6 months now since it was announced about a game??
  • Options
    It's been months and I'm starting to worry that the official PJ game might not happen. Can anyone reassure me that the project is still happening? Btw, this was posted via the pj app, which I'm loving!
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    regalturbo wrote:
    It's been months and I'm starting to worry that the official PJ game might not happen. Can anyone reassure me that the project is still happening? Btw, this was posted via the pj app, which I'm loving!

Haven't heard anything new about this. This might not be a good sign either considering that sales were down for all the rock band/guitar hero games last year. Crossing my fingers that this still happens...
  • Options
    I'm assuming (hoping) that it's more in Harmonix's hands than PJ's, as they're pretty good at sticking to things. I wouldn't hold out any sort of hope for a full PJ game though like Green Day. The impression I got from reading the press release thing way back was that it was less a full game, and more just a CD of live tracks to be imported in to the game or played on their own, like they did for AC/DC songs.
  • Options
    what to get....rock band or GH??? i am using a wii....
    It's a hopeless... situation
    And I'm starting to believe
  • Options
    Get rockband!! You can purchase a lot of PJ songs!!! But on GH you r stuck with Alive and unable to purchase anymore
  • Options
    Trizzler wrote:
    Should be fun....but why did they switch to Rock Band from Guitar Hero??
    Ya should be GH. Very disappointed! Can't have it all I guess. Any PJ is better than none! Got some if you need it!
    IMO, GH:WT is much better than Rock Band 2 as far as game play, most specifically drums. I hate the "free form fill" sections!

I play both via the GH hardware and I bought the Ten album for RB2, but despite having all those PJ songs, I still find myself playing GH over RB 90% of the time, 'cause it's better.

They shoulda stuck with GH after 2 & 3 (Evenflow & Life Wasted...if I remember correctly)....

my $.02
    Wine O