Options

Pearl Jam NEW Rock Band Project - Vote Now

Comments

• Options
    megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    regalturbo wrote:
    It's been months and I'm starting to worry that the official PJ game might not happen. Can anyone reassure me that the project is still happening? Btw, this was posted via the pj app, which I'm loving!

Haven't heard anything new about this. This might not be a good sign either considering that sales were down for all the rock band/guitar hero games last year. Crossing my fingers that this still happens...

my roommate's good friend is working on the game but can't talk about it. it exists :geek:
  • Options
    so gh is a better gaming experience?
    Interesting.,
    It's a hopeless... situation
    And I'm starting to believe
  • Options
    Interesting.,
    From a drummers perspective, i think it is a lot better
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,936
    So when is Pearl Jam's Live Rock Band Compilation coming out?
  • Options
    Interesting.,

I hate GH. RB is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better.
  • Options
    Guitar Hero is far better than Rock Band IMO.

9/17/95-New Orleans,LA 8/14/00-New Orleans,LA 4/8/03-New Orleans,LA 4/13/03-Tampa,FL 10/8/04-Kissimmee,FL 8/5/07-Chicago,IL 6/16/08-Columbia,SC 6/23/09-(EV Solo)Atlanta,GA 5/1/10-New Orleans,LA 9/21/12-Pensacola,FL 11/1/13-New Orleans,LA 4/11/16-Tampa,FL  4/23/16-New Orleans,LA

• Options
    Rock Band is much better for music fans. They focus more on the music, where Guitar Hero focuses on the theatrics of being a rock star. Also Rock Band provides weekly downloads. Granted, every song isn't a winner, but you get some good stuff in there.

Oh and GH PJ songs: 2. RB PJ songs: 26.
  • Options
    I'm absolutely shocked the band announced something big like this then just swept it under the rug. They never do anything like that.
  • Options
    satansbed94satansbed94 Montreal Posts: 349
    Looks more and more like this project is falling apart... Green Day and now Hendrix are ahead of PJ.

http://www.billboard.com/#/news/jimi-hendrix-rock-band-game-coming-1004068247.story
  • Options
    I'm absolutely shocked the band announced something big like this then just swept it under the rug. They never do anything like that.

BIG, BOLD, BEAUTIFUL, FREE??

:lol:
    If nothing is everything, I'll have it all
  • Options
    gndcd402gndcd402 Posts: 2,558
    i just emailed 10c about it and here's the response

"Hello,

We have no information at this time. If any information does become available, there will be an announcement.

Thank You for your continued support!!
    Best Regards,
    10c"

yippee lol
  • Options
    looks like it is out /avail ...i saw a commercial for pearl jam /rock band wed night on the palladia concert channel ....
  • Options
    What you saw was the commercial for the Backspacer album for download. Palladia runs a bunch of those commercials for Rock Band.
  • Options
    What you saw was the commercial for the Backspacer album for download. Palladia runs a bunch of those commercials for Rock Band.

oh!! :o my bad ...thaks for the heads up !!
  • Options
    TillbeTillbe Posts: 31
    Interesting.,
    From a drummers perspective, i think it is a lot better

From a drummers perspective, Rock Band is a LOT better.

The free form drum fills are what make rock band so much more interesting to play! The ability to be creative during those moments and create your own fills turns what can sometimes be a complete snoozefest into something wholly original. I sometimes cant wait to get to a fill just to bang out something that sounds neat, while in GH the whole time im going "jesus im bored, if this song were in RB id be able to throw a cool fill in right....here! Nope still banging on the hi-hat."
    If the good lord intended us to walk, he wouldn't have invented roller skates!
  • Options
    i hope it doesnt fall apart - this was the only reason i dropped the $200 on it! sure its a fun game - but i wouldnt have bought it if it wasnt for this coming down the pipe.... :roll:
  • Options
    disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    BrainOfJHA wrote:
    I much prefer Rock Band over Guitar Hero! and hopefully once they determine the best versions of those songs that they all make the game/dlc they are planning! no Yellow Ledbetter though...

I can not understand how they left off Yellow Ledbetter either, especially since these are all "live" versions and YL is one the best and one the, if not quintessential "Live" PJ songs IMO!
    I think the kicker on that one is that there are no actual lyrics...
  • Options
    disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    uglybabo wrote:
    Greenday:RockBand has just been announced. It features avatars of the band, specific venures and art related to their albums and tours. It is also fully exportable to RockBand 2.

I can only hope that Pearl Jam:RockBand is anything like this. I'm hoping they don't use live tracks, although it appears by the voting that they are.

Im not sure how many GreenDay fans are on this board... but i'm one of them! Listened to them for years and were a few friends kinda "grew out of them" i havent! So good to see another game i may purchase!
    but id rather be heard simular news for the pearl jam game!!!

HURRY UP WITH SOMETHING!!! I cant wait much longer!!
    has it been over 6 months now since it was announced about a game??
    If you're going to be playing Green Day from the actual Green Day disc I'd offer you a few bucks for your code to export the songs to the regular RB game.
  • Options
    I havent been on the forums for wayyy too long, did we get a date at which the PJRBP (pearl jam rock band project) would be coming public?
    '98: Barrie
    '03: Toronto
    '05: Toronto
    '06: Toronto, Toronto
    '07: Munich
    '08: Vancouver (EV), Mansfield II, Toronto I (EV)
    '11: Toronto, Toronto, Hamilton
    '13: London Ontario
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,090
    I'm guessing this is dead? Or will it be shown at E3?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    theJawastheJawas Posts: 395
    I just got GH V and having RB2 for awhile, and my wife (who is usually on drums) didn't like their version. "Beginner" doesn't even give you notes; just bars to hit whatever note you want. Then "easy" seemed to be the equivalent of "medium" for RB.
  • Options
    LB260405LB260405 Posts: 55
    Get out of my lucky face...drop it.
  • Options
    I hope they don't drop this.
    The Good: Hopefully they were already at work on it months ago. Hopefully.
    The Bad: Music games profits in general shit the bed and especially for Rock Band, that Beatles Game didn't do good at all.
  • Options
    CardinalCardinal Posts: 479
    The Bad: Music games profits in general shit the bed and especially for Rock Band, that Beatles Game didn't do good at all.
    Not many younger people care about the Beatles...so makes total sense to me
    Eddie Vedder Solo Tour Toronto Aug 9, 2008
    Eddie Vedder Solo Tour Albany NY June 9, 2009
    Pearl Jam Toronto Aug 21, 2009
    Pearl Jam Chicago Aug 23, 2009
    Pearl Jam Chicago Aug 24, 2009
    Pearl Jam Buffalo May 10, 2010
    Pearl Jam New York MSG1 May 20, 2010
    Pearl Jam New York MSG2 May 21, 2010
    Go Cards Go!
  • Options
    HebejebeHebejebe Posts: 108
    I was under the impression that this was only ever going to be a track pack like the AC/DC one and not a full game like the Beatles and Green Day games.
  • Options
    ShawshankShawshank Posts: 1,018
    Cardinal wrote:
    Not many younger people care about the Beatles...so makes total sense to me

Word. I never understood why they would make a Beatles Rock Band. Nothing against their talent, but I just don't see it being a big hit within their main demo.
  • Options
    Me thinks this is dead
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • Options
    c'mon...i just bought the ps3 for this game....i wasn't willing to buy it, until i heared about the pearl jam rock band....and now, no more news, i refuse to belive that this game has been dropped...i hope that the project is still on the road... :|
    Love ain't Love until you give it up!
  • Options
    Hebejebe wrote:
    I was under the impression that this was only ever going to be a track pack like the AC/DC one and not a full game like the Beatles and Green Day games.
    I thought it was too. I pointed out that this project looks in danger since the Beatles Rock Band didn't do nearly as well as they were expecting. If it does hopefully come out, I think it will be a track pack.
  • Options
    RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,942
    a full PJ Rock Band would be awesome but a track pack would kick ass, too.
    Cos I created all the band members in Rock Band 2 so mine has been absolutely Pearljamized.
    budapest.arnhem.antwerpen.vienna.madrid.katowice.nova_rock.nijmegen.rotterdam.berlin.dublin.belfast.london.venice.prague.stockholm.copenhagen.vienna.leeds.milton_keynes.padova.
    prague.seattle1.seattle2.chicago1