Options

Pearl Jam NEW Rock Band Project - Vote Now

Comments

• Options
    Dark StarDark Star Posts: 496
    Completely unrelated.... but I wish fans would stop chanting Boom... I've heard 4 songs with boos either preceding or following a song... and on two songs Ed actually had to say "hey so and so... they are not booing us... it's Boom".

I know this is kinda trivial, but seriously, it is annoying hearing constant 'boos' at every PJ show. Even though they aren't booing. PJ got booed only once in their career and that's it. Uniondale.
  • Options
    Black-12Black-12 Posts: 249
    So I've been listening for about 2 hours. Don't choose realease. Everytime I choose release wash comes on and I've lost like 3 songs....So far Nothingman Tampa 2008,Betterman NY July 2008, evenflow Denver 2003, Garden oh crap forgot which one. It's kind of random but fun going through these things. You could use up your free 25 songs on 2 or 3 songs if you listened to every track. I'll probably end up joining Rhapsody just so I can hear all the songs. (This is a good way to get people to join.) Although I already have alot of them.

Different subject....I still need 2 tix for Chicago first night.... :D
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,773
    Get them with the Live At The Garden version of Even Flow... or the other one from the Gorge (I can't remember which night, though.)

Both of those feature Mike soloing for about 6-8 minutes.

The Gorge version one ends with Ed saying "Endangering the life of his guitar, his amps, and also his own life... Mike McCready."
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    pickupyourwillpickupyourwill Posts: 3,135
    voted--loved it--can't wait to play it on our rock band set!
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    Dark Star wrote:
    Completely unrelated.... but I wish fans would stop chanting Boom... I've heard 4 songs with boos either preceding or following a song... and on two songs Ed actually had to say "hey so and so... they are not booing us... it's Boom".

I know this is kinda trivial, but seriously, it is annoying hearing constant 'boos' at every PJ show. Even though they aren't booing. PJ got booed only once in their career and that's it. Uniondale.
    crack kills
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    silver39silver39 Columbus, Ohio Posts: 1,346
    FrankieG wrote:
    silver39 wrote:
    I tried to add the songs I liked, had a free account set up but I cann't find any "vote" button, please help!!

if you listen to a song then that is the vote.
    they are going to tally the number of plays and that is the number of votes.
    1 play = 1 vote

Cool thanks!!
    "I'll ride the wave,Where it takes me, I'll hold the pain, Release me"
    "I'm not about to give thanks or appologize"
    "Caught a bolt of lighting, cursed the day he let it go"
  • Options
    PatrickBatemanPatrickBateman Posts: 2,243
    this is awesome! cant wait to play this....I highly prefer GH drumming to RB, but I'll take it...
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • Options
    glbglb Posts: 356
    i know light years and oceans from Nashville 03 are really good. I like the Nothingman from Tampa 08 as well.
    "I've got things to do and things to say in my own way..."
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,090
    I highly prefer GH drumming to RB

How it's laid out or the physical drums? You can use the GH drums in RB.

And I don't know what songs you can vore for but Black from MIlan06 would be freaky.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    PatrickBatemanPatrickBateman Posts: 2,243
    I highly prefer GH drumming to RB

How it's laid out or the physical drums? You can use the GH drums in RB.

And I don't know what songs you can vore for but Black from MIlan06 would be freaky.
    both actually
    It is slightly more realistic as for one, rather then hitting another pad for accents (RB), you actually strike the pad harder.(GH), the pads themselves have more rebound, layout is better, cymbals are much better....etc...
    I know you can play GH drums on RB, but it kind of sucks and takes a bit to get used to as the orange cymbal just sits there unused and the set becomes lopsided...
    I liked RB2 drums before I got the GH, though
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,090
    Looked at the setlist. I wonder who picked the songs. Not too many too choose from.

I dream of a PJ-rock band with all their songs that goes through their career. You start out with the ten-era songs, then you get the VS songs etc,.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    I dream of a PJ-rock band with all their songs that goes through their career. You start out with the ten-era songs, then you get the VS songs etc,.

that's how beatles rock band is gonna be structured...career-progressive, right?
    If nothing is everything, I'll have it all
  • Options
    So pretty much the larger populated cities will get their songs played, while us small town Grand Rapids folk miss out. Too bad because that was an amazing night. Would hate to have it completely missed on the game.

Also, how many other bands could pull this off? All live tracks. Lots of bands sound better in the overly produced studio, but not PJ. Much better live.
  • Options
    Tuta23Tuta23 Posts: 114
    here are my contributions to the thread:

Wow!

and

Man, I love PJ!
    I am not a Thief of Silence.
  • Options
    your best bet is just pick anything played in Boston! it's always the best version! :mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • Options
    PearlJamPatriotPearlJamPatriot Posts: 2,426
    your best bet is just pick anything played in Boston! it's always the best version! :mrgreen::mrgreen:
    Hell yea! :D
    Pearl Jam Shows: 1998 - 9/11 New York, NY (MSG night 2); 9/13 Hartford, CT || 2000 - 8/24 Wantagh, NY (Jones Beach 2); 8/27 Saratoga Springs; 8/29 Mansfield, MA (night 1); 8/30 Mansfield, MA (night 2) || 2003 - 4/29 Albany, NY; 5/3 State College, PA; 7/2 Mansfield (night 1); 7/6 Camden, NJ (night 2); 7/8 New York, NY (MSG night 1) || 2004 - 9/28 Boston, MA (night 1); 9/29 Boston, MA (night 2) || 2005 - 10/3 Philadelphia, PA || 2006 - 5/12 Albany, NY; 5/13 Hartford, CT; 5/24 Boston, MA (night 1); 5/25 Boston, MA (night 2); 5/27 Camden, NJ (night 1); 5/28 Camden, NJ (night 2)|| 2008 - 6/19 Camden, NJ (night 1); 6/24 New York, NY (MSG night 1); 6/25 New York, NY (MSG night 2); 6/27 Hartford, CT; 6/28 Mansfield, MA (night 1); 6/30 Mansfield, MA (night 2); 7/1 New York, NY (Beacon Theater)|| 2009 - 9/21 Seattle, WA (night 1); 9/22 Seattle, WA (night 2); 10/27 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 1); 10/28 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 2); 10/30 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 3); 10/31 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 4)|| 2010 - 5/15 Hartford, CT; 5/17 Boston, MA; 5/20 New York, NY (MSG night 1); 5/21 New York, NY (MSG night 2)|| 2011 - 9/3 East Troy, WI (PJ20); 9/4 East Troy, WI (PJ20) || 2012 - 9/2 Philadelphia, PA, 9/30 Missoula, MT || 2013 - 7/19 Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), 10/12 Buffalo, NY, 10/15 Worcester, MA (night 1), 10/16 Worcester, MA (night 2), 10/18 Brooklyn, NY (night 1), 10/19 Brooklyn, NY (night 2), 10/25 Hartford, CT || 2014 - 10/22 Denver, CO || 2015 -  9/26 New York, NY (Global Citizen Festival) || 2016 - 5/1 New York, NY (night 1), 5/2 New York, NY (night 2), 8/5 Boston, MA (Fenway Park night 1), 8/7 Boston, MA (Fenway Park night 2) || 2018 - 9/2 Boston, MA (Fenway Park night 1) || 2020 - 3/30 New York, NY
    Eddie Vedder solo: 2008 - Boston night 1 & 2 || 2009 - Albany, NY night 1 & 2 || 2011 - Hartford, CT, Boston, MA

• Options
    ZL29ZL29 Naptown Posts: 37
    Seriously,

Where the hell is Yellow Ledbetter?

- this is a must have!

How about Jeremy from the '95 Red Rocks show!

- for those who haven't heard it, they pretty much remixed the song into a slowed down version. VERY VERY RARE, only time I have ever heard that version, and VERy VERY AWESOME!
    Noblesville '98
    Noblesville '00
    Cincy '00
    WPB '03
    Noblesville '03
    Cincy '06
    Camden II '08
    Noblesville '10
    Cincy '14
  • Options
    F@#$in' shame!!!!! Selling to mainstream media!!! CBS!!! Video games!!!! It's DISGUSTING!!!!! It's contributing to the mind pollution of these lazy braindead kids. Pearl Jam was the last band I ever would've thought to sell out like this!!! I loved them so much!!! What happened that they gave up the righteous fight so soon? They fought so well with such strength of conviction...I just don't get it! Che faced his death...a revolutionary till the end...PJ only had to keep their dignity, their lives weren't on the line...
    WHY!!!!?
    Hasta la Victoria, SIEMPRE!!!!
  • Options
    I think our dear band needs to go back and listen to a little song of theirs called INDIFFERENCE!!! Stopped screamin their lungs out...maybe the room was just to big? Too much poison? Guess they couldn't take the punches!!! It's just much too ironic....
    DUH!DUH!DUH! Another band suckles the corporate teat!!!
  • Options
    NV45440 wrote:
    F@#$in' shame!!!!! Selling to mainstream media!!! CBS!!! Video games!!!! It's DISGUSTING!!!!! It's contributing to the mind pollution of these lazy braindead kids. Pearl Jam was the last band I ever would've thought to sell out like this!!! I loved them so much!!! What happened that they gave up the righteous fight so soon? They fought so well with such strength of conviction...I just don't get it! Che faced his death...a revolutionary till the end...PJ only had to keep their dignity, their lives weren't on the line...
    WHY!!!!?

"Che" Guevara was a scumbag dictator not a revolutionary freedom fighter...you have been misinformed...Zapata was 1000x the man Che ever was!!! and you equating this video game with PJ losing dignity is just plain ridiculous...many of us adult hard working intelligent people are looking forward to this game very much!
  • Options
    megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    NV45440 wrote:
    WHY!!!!?

"Che" Guevara was a scumbag dictator not a revolutionary freedom fighter...you have been misinformed...Zapata was 1000x the man Che ever was!!! and you equating this video game with PJ losing dignity is just plain ridiculous...many of us adult hard working intelligent people are looking forward to this game very much!

im more excited for these kids who might never listen to a lot of these lesser known pearl jam songs if any at all.
    i think its helping the young by exposing them to great music.

and for ZL29...
    i think you're going to have to unlock yellow ledbetter 8-)
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    Why is everything limited to U.S. residents only these days? The t-shirt contest was the same. I'm a Ten Club member too. Why can't I participate in anything anymore?? I'd like to help pick songs for the Rock Band project. Do you have to be an American to buy the game, too?? What does being a U.S. resident have to do with anything? I have internet access and I'm a fan. What's the deal??

That being said, Hail Hail (among other songs)was seriously overlooked.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options
    Why is everything limited to U.S. residents only these days? The t-shirt contest was the same. I'm a Ten Club member too. Why can't I participate in anything anymore?? I'd like to help pick songs for the Rock Band project. Do you have to be an American to buy the game, too?? What does being a U.S. resident have to do with anything? I have internet access and I'm a fan. What's the deal??

That being said, Hail Hail (among other songs)was seriously overlooked.

I´m 100% agree with you. I´m a member too and I must have the same rights that the other members. I live in Uruguay and I want to get in the song selection too...I don´t know why nobody does or say something about this because it´s always the same. All the people living outside the U.S. loves Pearl Jam so much as the U.S. people does and I believe that it´s possible (if someone in the 10c got the real interest) to do things for the people inside and outside of the U.S. and that would make everyone happy...It´s rare but I feel different when this kind of things happen...hope this change in the future... :|
    From Montevideo, Uruguay.
  • Options
    first of all guys calm down..ten club has nothing to do with the rules of this RB thing..that would be Harmonix & rhapsody...and usually when games come out in the US they are not the same people who handle the release over seas..so there is where the "legality" lies..that's just how the biz goes..but don't blame 10c...i'm sure they don't like anyone being excluded.
  • Options
    I´m sure of that, and the 10c do the best for us I can say...I mean I got a lot of things here that I´ve bought via 10c and all arrive in perfect time and state and I don´t have nothing against 10c management. It´s only the sad feeling of can´t decide or participate in some important things that the U.S. fans can do, and the fans living outside the U.S. can´t do......only ¨thought expression¨.....nothing else.......
    From Montevideo, Uruguay.
  • Options
    im more excited for these kids who might never listen to a lot of these lesser known pearl jam songs if any at all.
    i think its helping the young by exposing them to great music.

and for ZL29...
    i think you're going to have to unlock yellow ledbetter 8-)[/quote]

You wanna expose kids to great music then you take them to shows, get albums and dance or sit quietly and listen closely, teach them to play and to sing and to feel!!! None of this exists in video games! All the beauty and soul is removed and a video screen replaces you imagination and thinks for you! Pay attention to these little video game brats...they're like little ghosts floating thru the living world...they wouldn't notice if they were on fire...they're the ones who can't follow simple instructions when you try and order a pizza or find something at the store...the real world has been replaced by bits and bytes and real experience no longer exists...they'd get something out of the real thing as opposed to losing everything wasting their lives playing an idiotic video game...
  • Options
    NV45440 wrote:
    WHY!!!!?

Che, Zapata, Chavez, Mandela, SubComandante Marcos...all from the same stock. To say Viva Zapata Abaja Che makes absolutely no sense...
    And yes for nearly 2 decades Pearl Jam has rampaged against the status quo and corporate greed and globalization and the like..and now...the sell out to the exact same!!! Dignity for cash!!! Exactly!
  • Options
    prljamgirlprljamgirl Edmonton, AB Posts: 602
    first of all guys calm down..ten club has nothing to do with the rules of this RB thing..that would be Harmonix & rhapsody...and usually when games come out in the US they are not the same people who handle the release over seas..so there is where the "legality" lies..that's just how the biz goes..but don't blame 10c...i'm sure they don't like anyone being excluded.

Well actually, if TenClub is promoting it on the website for fans to go and vote, then I believe they do have something to do with it and if they were really concerned with having everyone involved in the voting process, they could have made it happen. Pearl Jam and TenClub ARE involved in it, so don't kid yourselves.......
  • Options
    prljamgirl wrote:

Well actually, if TenClub is promoting it on the website for fans to go and vote, then I believe they do have something to do with it and if they were really concerned with having everyone involved in the voting process, they could have made it happen. Pearl Jam and TenClub ARE involved in it, so don't kid yourselves.......

of course they are involved...but they don't have the power over it like you seem to assume they do.