Options

Pearl Jam NEW Rock Band Project - Vote Now

Comments

• Options
    if the game had been dropped... would this thread have gone with it?
    theres hope whilst theres still a sticky thread!!
  • Options
    disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    Well there is a Green Day game coming out in June and absolutely NO news about the PJ game, so it's anyone's guess as to track pack, full game or scrapped.

If it is scrapped I'm sure we'll still get some PJ DLC here and there though.
  • Options
    lastexitlastexit 10923 Posts: 257
    The PJ we all grew to love would've shunned this bullshit (amongst other shit they've been doing). Stop being LAME Pearl Jam.
  • Options
    RatsTJRatsRatsTJRats Boston Posts: 431
    lastexit wrote:
    The PJ we all grew to love would've shunned this bullshit (amongst other shit they've been doing). Stop being LAME Pearl Jam.
    times change, so do people, i think pearl jam realized that their fan base is growing older and they have to do what they can to make the money they can now. unfortunatly kids these day dont respect music from the early and mid 90s. fans in their early 20s like me are far and few between so they need to find money where they can. Lets just be thankful Pearl Jam hasnt sold out as bad as bands like Green Day who completely changed their sound to make money!
    This could be the day
  • Options
    lastexit wrote:
    Remember when concert tickets were always around $20, and PJ made a big deal out of that? That would be nice of them to do that again. Last time I went was with Petty and I think they were around $100 apiece. Before that was solo and around $50 apiece.

I know, I know, Napster caused this. Or blame Ticketmaster or whatever. But at the end of the day PJ has some decent $$$ and I would think they could still give their fans cheaper tickets, especially during a recession.
  • Options
    TimmsiTimmsi Posts: 25
    Dont see why people are moaning about pearl jam doign a RB game tbh, personal i love rock band GREAT for partys, and i have Every Pearl jam DLC, and its great having all your mates over playing pearl jam. and getting a new mate into peral jam is great! Hope the game is still being made myself love it!

About pearl jam ticket prices, jsut compair them to any other act out there, i wanted eric clapton tickets last year they was all about £150 - £300, Lady GAGAGAGAGA (hate her) is charging £80... Pearl jam is half that when i went to see them, its really not cheap putting on a tour if you think about how things like Fuel how much that has gone up over 15 years....
    London(the o2) 18~08~2009

London Hyde Park 25~06~2010
  • Options
    ^^^

PJ doesn't rely on pyro and crap to make their live shows better; just them and their instruments. So your only argument is the rising cost of petrol, which is only about US $1.00 more per gallon than what it was 15 years ago. At the end of the day it's about money--they know they can get it from their fans so why the hell not.

Still the best band to come out of the '90s, but their values have changed is all I'm saying.
  • Options
    TimmortalTimmortal Posts: 88
    ^^^

PJ doesn't rely on pyro and crap to make their live shows better; just them and their instruments. So your only argument is the rising cost of petrol, which is only about US $1.00 more per gallon than what it was 15 years ago. At the end of the day it's about money--they know they can get it from their fans so why the hell not.

Still the best band to come out of the '90s, but their values have changed is all I'm saying.
    Think about how you and the world have changed since the 90's you know thats like 20 years ago, I 'm glad they have adjusted if they didnt they wouldn't still be rocking our asses!! Did you forget that security costs have doubled, I'm sure the prices of air travel for them has gone up too, oh yeah and the fact they dropped the evil record label Sony. I'm sure that adds hidden costs everywhere! But still people love to pretend Pearl Jam are sell outs??? FCK anybody that says that!! Thank you to Pearl Jam for evolving!Evolution is naturesway of survival
    Barrie 08/22/98
    Toronto 10/01/00
    Toronto 06/28/03
    Kitchner 09/11/05
    London 09/12/05
    Hamilton 09/13/05
    Toronto 05/9/06
    Toronto 05/10/06
    Please play SATANS BED
  • Options
    lastexit wrote:

fuck that! this is for the fans!!! i love playing rockband with fam & friends...and having PJ tunes just makes it 1000x better!

they are wise enough now to know what needs to be shunned and what doesn't....but if they do sell out...look for my thread...I'll be screaming the loudest.
  • Options
    TimmortalTimmortal Posts: 88
    I played Metallica guitar hero, and must say that the whole time I was playing it, I was thinking damn I wish Pearl Jam had a game like that!! All the songs and art work totally an awesome experience I really hope they dont scrap it! DLC is alright but a whole game is the sh*t!! Plus all the amazing venues they could add wow
    Barrie 08/22/98
    Toronto 10/01/00
    Toronto 06/28/03
    Kitchner 09/11/05
    London 09/12/05
    Hamilton 09/13/05
    Toronto 05/9/06
    Toronto 05/10/06
    Please play SATANS BED
  • Options
    I have 12 year ols daughter and from what I hear from her and her friends the Rock Band Games introduce music(real music IMO) to them from 70's,80's and 90's, and to me that can not be a bad thing in this era of absolute shit music! I do not think it is a sell out at all, it just a way to get music to the younger generation.
    11/5/91: Troy NY "I Just Want to SCREAM... HELLO!"
    8/4/92:Saratoga NY 4/6/94:Mass 9/13/98:CT
    8/27/2000:Saratoga NY,10/04/2000:Montreal,Canada
    04/29/03:Albany, 5/12/06:Albany NY,10/31/09:Philly,5/15/10Hartford CT

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,450
    Weird that NO news has come regarding this...?

Is it dead?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Mr RockoMr Rocko Posts: 647
    Weird that NO news has come regarding this...?

Is it dead?

I think the info will come out a few weeks before the E3, I hope this game become a kickass music game, only for the fans.
    México 24/11/2011
  • Options
    jayneseojayneseo Posts: 53
    Wishlist from the Buffalo 5/2/03 is 9 minutes of awesomeness and Given to Fly from the 6/28/08 Tweeter center was really good too. Not sure if either of these are on there because I don't have rhapsody.
  • Options
    RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,942
    lastexit wrote:

Sorry but reading your post I must ask you: are you sure all of us have grown up (including you)? Because perception has never been the synonim of preconception :idea:
    OK, maybe it's me who still haven't grown up in spite of the fact I am turning 32... but in my opinion Rock Band might be the best fun game of the decade for those who love guitar music but somehow never learnt to play any instruments...and playing with friends (who are mostly way above 25-30 and even 40) at dedicated parties and getting loud in my flat with my 7 year old nephew (who has got to know different types of guitar music) is just a cool and useful amusement!!! And as someone has added: downloadable Pearl Jam songs in it make the whole experience even more fuckin entertaining! :geek:

So again, let me emphasize again: we need Pearl Jam Rock Band !
    Budapest.Budapest.Arnhem.Antwerpen.Vienna.Madrid.Katowice.Nova_rock.Nijmegen.Rotterdam.Berlin.Dublin.Belfast.London.Venice.Prague.Stockholm.Copenhagen.Vienna.Leeds.Milton_keynes.Padova.Prague.Seattle1.Seattle2.Chicago1.Budapest.Cracow.Vienna..>>>LONDON.BERLIN1.BERLIN2
    Eddie: Dublin & London
  • Options
    We need this Rock Band! Or maybe just more songs to download would be nice!!
    Maybe hear something once the Green Day is released in June!
  • Options
    jayneseo wrote:
    Wishlist from the Buffalo 5/2/03 is 9 minutes of awesomeness and Given to Fly from the 6/28/08 Tweeter center was really good too. Not sure if either of these are on there because I don't have rhapsody.

Yes Wishlist is on there and I voted for it more then once :!:
  • Options
    OziahOziah Posts: 10
    when dis coming out? :lol:
    All my rivals will see what I have in store.
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,024
    We need a released date- please!!!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    Black73Black73 Posts: 1,018
    I haven't heard about a release date, but hit a GameStop this weekend and the dude at the counter said, "Green Day, then Hendrix, then Pearl Jam will be released, in that order. First two look like full-on Rock Bands, while Pearl Jam looks to be a track pack. It hasn't officially been shelved."
  • Options
    sabreleafsabreleaf Posts: 310
    That will be time consuming. You have to click and listen to each one. I wish they would release all their albums on Rock Band. I have Ten and Backspacer and the live songs. That would be great. I don't see why not. It is the best way to make money since everyone steals bands music. This way you have to buy it. Pearl Jam please do this!
  • Options
    ringoringo Posts: 504
    ^^
    I would love that but it would cause a holy shit storm on the RB board.
    d'oh
  • Options
    ShawshankShawshank Posts: 1,018
    People make custom songs all the time for RB. Why couldn't a group of people work together and just put together their own track pack? Not sell it or anything, but just share it?
  • Options
    ringo wrote:
    ^^

sorry but what do you mean exactly??? Could you make it clear to me?
    Budapest.Budapest.Arnhem.Antwerpen.Vienna.Madrid.Katowice.Nova_rock.Nijmegen.Rotterdam.Berlin.Dublin.Belfast.London.Venice.Prague.Stockholm.Copenhagen.Vienna.Leeds.Milton_keynes.Padova.Prague.Seattle1.Seattle2.Chicago1.Budapest.Cracow.Vienna..>>>LONDON.BERLIN1.BERLIN2
  • Options
    Ricsard wrote:
    ringo wrote:
    ^^

When Backspacer hit RB a lot of people on the RB message board threw a hissy-fit about it because PJ already had Ten and the 3 live tracks in RB. They whined that it's not fair for PJ to have so many DLC tracks while other deserving bands still were not even in RB.
    d'oh
  • Options
    This doesn't sound too good....
    What’s the deal with the Pearl Jam project?

When I asked that question of John, I seemed to get the feeling that the idea of a separate Pearl Jam Rock Band project was something that was pushed hard by people outside of Harmonix. He mentioned that it’s still possible, but the real priorities at Harmonix right now are Green Day and Rock Band 3.

http://rockbandaide.com/john-d-from-harmonix-answers-your-questions/
    d'oh
  • Options
    ringo wrote:
    Ricsard wrote:
    ringo wrote:
    ^^

When Backspacer hit RB a lot of people on the RB message board threw a hissy-fit about it because PJ already had Ten and the 3 live tracks in RB. They whined that it's not fair for PJ to have so many DLC tracks while other deserving bands still were not even in RB.

thanx, I see now...it seems some can get enough of PJ RB dlc...but they're not us, here:)
  • Options
    BR190441BR190441 Posts: 7
    I agree
    demetrios wrote:
    finnannie wrote:
    demetrios wrote:
    Suck's that Rhapsody is US only! :(

Yeah.. I noticed this too.... :(

Lately, this "only" thing sucks. Like MTV & VH1 videos .. "only"! And a few you tube.com videos, "your country can't watch this video!" :shock:
    Viva La Vinyl!
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,024
    Black73 wrote:
    I haven't heard about a release date, but hit a GameStop this weekend and the dude at the counter said, "Green Day, then Hendrix, then Pearl Jam will be released, in that order. First two look like full-on Rock Bands, while Pearl Jam looks to be a track pack. It hasn't officially been shelved."
    well, I guess that's better than nothing
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest