Options

Pearl Jam NEW Rock Band Project - Vote Now

Comments

• Options
    007holt wrote:

Hope not, but don't see that picture anywhere else.
  • Options
    booka99booka99 Ventura, CA Posts: 8
    Spin the Black Circle, please.
  • Options
    arakiasarakias Posts: 281
    007holt wrote:

Depends, the other two band specific games are Beatles Rock Band and Green Day Rock Band. this is Rock Band Pearl Jam.
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,011
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    A dream come true.
    Ricky Geddes
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    ^^^

PJ doesn't rely on pyro and crap to make their live shows better; just them and their instruments. So your only argument is the rising cost of petrol, which is only about US $1.00 more per gallon than what it was 15 years ago. At the end of the day it's about money--they know they can get it from their fans so why the hell not.

Still the best band to come out of the '90s, but their values have changed is all I'm saying.
    Have you been to a Pearl Jam concert lately? Their shows are worth WAY more than $20 a ticket. Just on straight value they give you in concert, $20 a ticket would be giving away the show. Not to mention they would probably in turn lose money on the concert at only $20 a ticket.

Venues cost money. Security costs money. Electricity costs money. Roadies cost money. Tour management and crew costs money. And I am sure there is more than just these things that costs bands money to tour.

It is a lot more than just the cost of gasoline to tour. EVERYTHING costs more now than it did 15 years ago.
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,112
    So a swedish website deleivers the first "clue" to this realese?

Ugly box art...
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    So a swedish website deleivers the first "clue" to this realese?

Ugly box art...
    hoping it's just a generic picture until it's officially released
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    elevation622elevation622 Posts: 926
    Release this Motherfucker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    DirkDigg1erDirkDigg1er Columbia, SC Posts: 8
    I would almost bet on it being announced at the E3 Expo in June. I just hope it has more than 18 songs like the AC/DC live track pack. Someone mention Hendrix Rock Band a few post ago but they just release a Hendrix album on dlc. Plus all i see is that rock band will adding more Hendrix content in conjunction with the release of re-mastered CDs. So i think Pearl Jam Live track pack will be the next release before Rock Band 3.
  • Options
    JC38557JC38557 Posts: 33
    I would almost bet on it being announced at the E3 Expo in June. I just hope it has more than 18 songs like the AC/DC live track pack. Someone mention Hendrix Rock Band a few post ago but they just release a Hendrix album on dlc. Plus all i see is that rock band will adding more Hendrix content in conjunction with the release of re-mastered CDs. So i think Pearl Jam Live track pack will be the next release before Rock Band 3.
    I'd be surprised if this game gets made at all. The novelty has worn off and I'm sure sales have cratered for all the musical games.

The only chance is if they release a bunch of songs available to download. I wouldn't expect a full on Pearl Jam game, although it would be awesome. Backspacer on Rock Band is legit.
  • Options
    TroubledSoulTroubledSoul Posts: 1,365
    JC38557 wrote:
    I'd be surprised if this game gets made at all. The novelty has worn off and I'm sure sales have cratered for all the musical games.

The only chance is if they release a bunch of songs available to download. I wouldn't expect a full on Pearl Jam game, although it would be awesome.

yeh id be surprised aswell. however presuming a lot of work would have already gone into the songs, theyd be crazy to throw it all away and at least not leave it as DLC.

but another 20+ songs.. more SD cards for my wii.. about $3 a song.. an entire game would be cheaper!
    Yeh I've seen Pearl Jam, too. But I can't remember the dates.
  • Options
    I haven't read every post in this thread, so I apologize if someone already mentioned this. I don't see a true "Pearl Jam Rock Band" game made for the simple reason that something of that magnitude would be contingent upon the guys' likenesses actually appearing in the game and I just can't see that happening. More DLC seems like the logical approach, but I can't see them making a full game without them appearing in it. I for one would think it was great and would love it, but I think that while Target was one thing, this may cross that ever so fading and fine line.
  • Options
    Wait for E3.

If we don't see anything there from Harmonix it's dead. But still, a well known swedish videogame onlineshop put's it up... so.. I mean... something is nin the making. But it could ofc have been scrapped due to lack of novelty etc.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Wait for E3.

If we don't see anything there from Harmonix it's dead. But still, a well known swedish videogame onlineshop put's it up... so.. I mean... something is nin the making. But it could ofc have been scrapped due to lack of novelty etc.
    when is E3?
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    Electronic Entertainment Expo. Expo for nerds... but it's pretty sweet.
  • Options
    when is it?
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    OGT92OGT92 Posts: 1,588
    LukinFan wrote:
    when is it?

June 14th. Ithink it's 3 days??? Maybe 3 day weekend??
    "I read about the evils of drinking, so I gave up reading." - Henry Youngman
  • Options
    uglybabouglybabo Posts: 518
    LukinFan wrote:
    when is it?

June 15-17th

http://www.e3expo.com/

And there is a pretty big thread about Pearl Jam and RockBand at the official RockBand forum:

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145696

If this game is announced at E3, what do you think the chances the band makes an appearance? I think Ringo and Paul showed up at the launch of the their game.
  • Options
    krzzzymarykrzzzymary Posts: 458
    :D
    "You can bomb the world to pieces but you can't bomb into peace"
    Michael Franti
  • Options
    Ok I will vote.
  • Options
    DirkDigg1erDirkDigg1er Columbia, SC Posts: 8
    I'm pretty sure from the beginning that it wasn't going to be a group focused rock band like the Beatles or Greenday. The AC/DC one was just a song pack sold separately at walmart with 18 live tracks. I see them doing that and selling it at Target. The AC/DC one was announced about the same time of year 2 years ago and was released around a month before Rock Band 2 came out.
  • Options
    Maybe it's on delay because of RB3?
  • Options
    With Rock Band 3 supporting keyboards perhaps we'll get some ivory love for our favorite band!
  • Options
    disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    I was thinking (hoping) that the delay was so they could incorporate the new features of RB3 into the game or track pack. e.g., keys, vocal harmonics, etc.
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure from the beginning that it wasn't going to be a group focused rock band like the Beatles or Greenday. The AC/DC one was just a song pack sold separately at walmart with 18 live tracks. I see them doing that and selling it at Target. The AC/DC one was announced about the same time of year 2 years ago and was released around a month before Rock Band 2 came out.

The reason we could only buy the AC/DC add-on at Wal-Mart was because they have an exclusive deal with them for ALL merchandise. Pearl Jam does not have the same type of restrictions with Target, hence why we could download Backspacer straight from our consoles.

Standalone game or add-on, I could care less as long as something happens. Who really cares about the avatars and unlockable pics and vids and whatnot. I would actually prefer a standalone game because that way it would be cheaper to export the songs into other RB titles. Rent the game, use the code on the manual, and if it’s already been used find someone online who will sell you one for a few bucks. Cheaper than an add-on that I can’t imagine would be less than $30.
  • Options
    Nothing at E3?

So I guess.. this is sort of dead...or in coma...
  • Options
    Nothing at E3?

So I guess.. this is sort of dead...or in coma...
    damn
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    Don't read too much into E3. PJ isn't that big of a name and they have more "important" things to announce.