Saw an amazing movie tonight:

4 Months, 3 Weeks, and 2 Days

:thumbup:
  • Options
    scb wrote:
    Saw an amazing movie tonight:

4 Months, 3 Weeks, and 2 Days

:thumbup:

I've seen that too. Good film. Its strange to think how some parts of the world still view abortions like that.

Saw 'The Road' this weekend. I may be biased because i read the book but it was great. Very grim though :)
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I saw Daybreakers and Sherlock Holmes over the weekend.

I liked Sherlock Holmes a lot. I thought it was a fun action type movie that kept me into it the entire time.

Daybreakers was okay. I was hoping it would have been a little better but it just felt a little lacking. Worth seeing if you like those types of movies. Probably more of a rental then a must see in the theatre for me though.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    We saw Sherlock Holmes and Avatar at the weekend.

Sherlock Holmes was good, a really fun movie.
    Avatar in 3D was stunning but we couldn't help giggling when we looked at each other with those ridiculous glasses. 300 Roy Orbisons all sitting there together.
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I saw 500 days of Summer and i thought it was really cool.

My nickname in college was anal girl :lol:
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    Leathe?ma?Leathe?ma? Яussia Posts: 354
    saw Holmes at cinema. nice movie, action, cool actors.. worth seeing

finally saw Moon at home.. great film without a doubt, of course reminded of Kubrik's Odyssey, but easier to watch :lol: One of the best films of 2009 for me (after Avatar and Basterds). Had a wonderful dream the night after, inspired by the movie.. love all that space stuff.
  • Options
    I just saw Avatar. Thumbs down.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Options
    DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,740
    Inglorius Bastards
    Saw this last weekend and I'm STILL trying to figure out if it was one of the best movies I've ever seen or one of the worst! Definitely different, that's for sure...
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • Options
    HeavyHandsHeavyHands Posts: 2,130
    Just watched UP. Best Pixar movie since The Incredibles. :)
    "A lot more people are capable of being big out there that just don't give themselves a chance." -Stone Gossard
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,932
    So I finally saw Sherlock Holmes last night. It was decent. Kinda a combination of From Hell, Prestige, and The Crow.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    anothercloneanotherclone Posts: 1,688
    I watched Crazy Heart with Jeff Bridges this weekend. There is no doubt it's a good film. He was a natural fit for the part.

However if you have watched The Wrestler in the past, simply take Mickey Rourke out, add Jeff Bridges. Take Marissa Tomei as a stripper out and add Maggie Gyllenhaal as a reporter. Then substitute musician for wrestler and you're done!
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    very disappointed with couples retreat
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    CServantCServant DCO Posts: 1,182
    "Role Models" on HBO is a riot! Just saw that as well as "The Hangover" and "Extract" and it was funnier then both!
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    just watched the boys are back last night. really good. bit of a tear jerker. :cry: clive owen was awesome. also watched sherlock holmes the other night. if you go into it with an open mind, looking no more than to be entertained....it's just fine. if you want more than that, yea...you'll be disappointed. i love robert downey jr. and jude law.....and mark strong is quickly becoming a favorite of mine, so you, i'd see just about anything with any of these 3 in it. tonight, bright star is on the agenda. jame campion flick about poet john keats and his love, fanny brice.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,932
    Well I'm pretty sure I saw the worst movie in a loooong time, called The Room. Some of my friends had a screening of this in Delaware. An independent film in '03 but looked like it was from '89. Horrible acting and directing, but funny to laugh at. MST3K would be perfect for this film (which apparently they have done it on Rifftraxx) I would watch it again though. Here's the trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCj8sPCWfUw
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    No Country For Old Men

Javier the Mexican was the best part of the movie.

Spoiler Alert.........

How do they make a movie where the premise is a guy tracking another guy who found his $2 Million, and then not devote any time to the part of the movie where he finally catches him and gets it back? There's like a 3 second clip of him getting shot. Then, as Tommy Lee Jones eats toast in a fucking single wide trailer, the movie ends abruptly. What was he even doing in the movie? What the fuck did his character add? And I like Tommy Lee Jones....

Anyway, I give this movie 2 thumbs up......my ass.
  • Options
    No Country For Old Men

Javier the Mexican was the best part of the movie.

Spoiler Alert.........

How do they make a movie where the premise is a guy tracking another guy who found his $2 Million, and then not devote any time to the part of the movie where he finally catches him and gets it back? There's like a 3 second clip of him getting shot. Then, as Tommy Lee Jones eats toast in a fucking single wide trailer, the movie ends abruptly. What was he even doing in the movie? What the fuck did his character add? And I like Tommy Lee Jones....

Anyway, I give this movie 2 thumbs up......my ass.
    thats so movie critics sit around with their heads up their asses and claim its genius when its not. lets make a awesome movie, and the twist is...we skip the climax and instead it just ends! brilliant!
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    No Country For Old Men

excellent movie
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    I had to watch the Wolfman. it sucked. save your time and money and stay home.

it could have been a pretty good movie, but it was made to suck.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

I knew it sucked and I didn't have to go see it. lol
  • Options
    81 wrote:

I knew it sucked and I didn't have to go see it. lol

wasn't too hard to figure out. :lol: even the gf wasn't expecting much, but she wanted to go, so i obliged.

at least the popcorn was fresh.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    MST3K would be perfect for this film (which apparently they have done it on Rifftraxx) I would watch it again though.

Someone say MST3K?

:D
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • Options
    is it just me, or does the 2010 movie season look pretty weak?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    'Invictus' is good watch. Morgan Freeman is tops

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invictus_(film)
  • Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    Just watched '13 Tzameti'. Brilliant movie. It starts off quite slow but then becomes pretty mental as it turns into a Russian roulette competition/gambling match.
    It was released in 2005.

Anyone else seen it?

From Wiki:
    (Don't read the Wiki article in it's entirety if you don't want a spoiler)

Reception

The film has an 84% approval rating of critics tracked by Rotten Tomatoes, which described the critical consensus as "this starkly minimalist nail-biter of a thriller relentlessly builds up the tension and keeps the audience guessing."

Awards

The film won the World Cinema Jury Prize at the 2006 Sundance Film Festival. It also won two awards at the 62nd Venice Film Festival.

Remake

An American remake of the film is currently in production,[4] but Babluani intends to "change a lot of the storyline" to avoid merely reshooting the original film. He has also indicated that he intends to shoot the remake in color (screening at the University of Notre Dame, 23 Feb 2007). The film will star Mickey Rourke, Ray Winstone, Jason Statham, Sam Riley, 50 Cent, and Ray Liotta.[4]
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Is it me or does Johnny depp look like Madonna in AIW?? The whole ti e I was watching I kept saying WTF, I didn't know Madonna played the mAd hatter!!!
  • Options
    cdp1223cdp1223 Posts: 1,131
    badbrains wrote:
    Is it me or does Johnny depp look like Madonna in AIW?? The whole ti e I was watching I kept saying WTF, I didn't know Madonna played the mAd hatter!!!

It isn't just you....http://filmdrunk.uproxx.com/2010/02/depp-talks-about-his-role-as-tranny-ginger-madonna
  • Options
    helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262
    up

fun film+

dogs are funny people
  • Options
    iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    "all about steve" was disappointing. no one could be as nerdy as Sandra B. was in that movie :)
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    hurt locker and avatar were great
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......