Movie Threads?

Comments

• uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    For shame! I really like it. If you take it as happening in the same universe as his other non-Kill Bill films it's a good point of differentiation from our own.
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 4,957
    Newch91 wrote:
    It was, yeah. He still hasn't disappointed me with a film.
    I still haven't seen "Inglorious Bastards". :oops:

Newch...run to the video store and get this right now. If for no other reason than to introduce yourself to Cristoph Waltz. Once you see him, you will be dying to see Django Unchained.

Also just saw that Kill Bill Vol. 3 has been announced as Q's next project
    Heisenberg wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

Newch...run to the video store and get this right now. If for no other reason than to introduce yourself to Cristoph Waltz. Once you see him, you will be dying to see Django Unchained.

I'll believe that when I see it.
    I caught Prometheus this afternoon. It wasn't as intense and psychological as I'd been hoping for, however it still held its own. I'd give it an 8.5/10 (rounded to nine on imdb). There were a few plot holes, and at parts the dialogue could have used a rewrite, but it was a fun ride. I'm sure I'll catch it again next week and get a better feel for the film, but for now the ranking stands.

On a side more I'm watching Alien right now.
    As I'm watching Alien,I can't help but point out it's really the claustrophobia of the first three films that make the franchise. Prometheus tries to have a more open setting, which I guess separates it from the original series. It's good, but a different sort of good than I expected/wanted.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,798
    Newch91 wrote:
    Heisenberg wrote:
    :o:D Looks amazing! I think this is the first time Tarantino and Leo worked together.
    I can't wait for this! It's been too long since the last movie from the Q-man

:thumbup: i'm in
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    Heisenberg wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

Newch-you have to see Inglorius Bastards! Amazing film and Christoph Waltz blew me away!
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    I'll have to see if it's On Demand. I have been wanting to see it since it came out. For Tarantino, to me, nothing will beat "Reservoir Dogs" and "Pulp Fiction".
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Newch91 wrote:

me neither. I'm going to be using this thread on any rainy nights this summer when I've run out of reruns of Criminal Minds.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
    Prometheus = :thumbdown:
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    http://cavalorn.livejournal.com/584135.html#cutid1

Pretty crazy idea that actually makes sense about Prometheus.
    Jesus was an ambassador for the Engineers....... I'll let you read the rest and not spoil it for anyone who has not seen it
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352
    I just recently watched The Outsiders, the director's cut. Older movie, yes, but it is sooooo good.

And also again, I saw My best fiend by Werner Herzog. No person in the whole wide world can swear better than Klaus fucking Kinski!
  • afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    I just recently watched The Outsiders, the director's cut. Older movie, yes, but it is sooooo good.

And also again, I saw My best fiend by Werner Herzog. No person in the whole wide world can swear better than Klaus fucking Kinski!

I love the Outsiders! Stay gold pony boy..stay Gold!
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
    Caught a matinee of Prometheus today. It was ok. Few stuff was predictable and some plot holes were missing i thought. Also some parts seemed to drag ( looked at my watch a few times) but overall I think the good outweighed the bad :|
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    afroannnie wrote:

I love the Outsiders! Stay gold pony boy..stay Gold!

brilliant cast brilliant film.

im really looking forward to seeing take this waltz this weekend. im a big fan of michelle williams.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    "Keyhole" = :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Congratulations Guy Maddin, you might be the worst director in film
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Anyone see "American Splendor"?
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    Newch91 wrote:
    Anyone see "American Splendor"?

Yeah, I love that movie, but I think its not for everyone.
    It had a strange effect on me -- got me very inspired to do some art, but not specifically sure why.
    Giamati was awesome in it.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    Two flicks over the rainy weekend. One was awesome and the other was abysmal.

Safety Not Guaranteed - 4/5
    I loved this movie. awesome.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73jSnAs7mq8

Youth in Revolt 1/5
    I only gave it a "1" instead of a zero because it had two laugh out loud parts. Otherwise, this was the worst movie I've seen in a long time. abysmal, atrocious, and a waste of time.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    One of the my fav independent theaters is getting Moonrise Kingdom and Bernie in the next few weeks :) . Closest that they were playing was in philly.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    MEATBALLS
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    "Hey you scratched my anchor!"
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    Magic Mike.... seeing that tonight with friends, should be fun - male strippers... :mrgreen:
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    mikalina wrote:
    Magic Mike.... seeing that tonight with friends, should be fun - male strippers... :mrgreen:
    Channing Tatum is making me want to go see this. JUST saw the trailer for it last night. :fp:

MUST. GO. SEE!!
    mikalina wrote:
    Channing Tatum is making me want to go see this. JUST saw the trailer for it last night. :fp:

MUST. GO. SEE!!
    mikalina wrote:

Please take pictures of any men you see in the theater so we can congratulate the few who are on their first date and about to get laid, or to send our condolences and revoke the man card for the others.
  • of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    mikalina wrote:

MUST. GO. SEE!!

Please take pictures of any men you see in the theater so we can congratulate the few who are on their first date and about to get laid, or to send our condolences and revoke the man card for the others.
    :lol::lol::lol:
    mikalina wrote:

MUST. GO. SEE!!
    mikalina wrote:

I don't believe their will be any men in the theater... :D
    ********************************************************************************************* image
    mikalina wrote:

MUST. GO. SEE!!
    mikalina wrote:

I don't believe their will be any men in the theater... :D

Well, then its confirmed...the best place in the world tonight for a single man is at the movies for Magic Mike. :D

I guess the husbands and boyfriends will be in the adjacent theater sneaking a joint into see TED, or they say they're going to see TED and they sneak out to a real strip club. ;)
    Thinking of seeing Rock Of Ages later tonight (free Regal card). Heard it was ok, so not expecting too much

Also Magic Mike is getting good reviews. Metacritic has it at 72 and rotten tomatoes has it at 79% :?

Also still need to see Brave and ted looks pretty funny.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    Magic Mike last night..... WOW 8-)

I have no clue what the movie was about but the men were fantastic.... :mrgreen:

and the theater was filled with women - only one older man ( late 60's ) with his wife.

new-magic-mike-stills.jpg
    Mathew - awesome too.... ;)

Ranking_The_Magic_Mike_Cast_Who_The_Best_Stripper_1340987746.jpg