Movie Threads?

Comments

• oona leftoona left Posts: 1,677
    I watched "Resurrect Dead: The Mystery of the Toynbee Tiles" last night. Really good stuff!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1787791/
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    I went to see Snow White and the Huntsmen.... I enjoyed it :)

The movie was initially rated R but changed to PG 13 - not sure what was done in order to go to a PG rating.
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,798
    mikalina wrote:

The movie was initially rated R but changed to PG 13 - not sure what was done in order to go to a PG rating.

think i'm seeing this on Tuesday. Heard good reviews on it.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    moonrise kingdom http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/moonrise_kingdom/

a story about how life as a child is not easy and how a little love and little support is all kids really need ... not sure how this will play out for non wes anderson folks as it is shot, written and scored like most of his movies ... this film has a lot of heart ... but like most of wes anderson's films - it's in the subtleties ...
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 4,957
    So my buddy went to work today only to find out that they are shooting "Iron Man 3" where he works. Gwenyth was in the house.
    mikalina wrote:

I thought it was ok, went with about 5 other friends. They all hated it though. I thought it dragged on at certain spots.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Watched these during the down time of the site:

"The Beach Boys: An American Family" (TV movie)
    "Philadelphia" - first time I watched it. Incredible movie with a terrific performances by Tom Hanks and Denzel Washington.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    mikalina wrote:

I thought it was ok, went with about 5 other friends. They all hated it though. I thought it dragged on at certain spots.

ya ... saw this last nite ... it seemed to falter where most hollywood movies falter these days ... too many cooks in the kitchen ... it's like there was a bunch of people involved and they all wanted certain things in the movie and there was no clear vision ... nothing made sense and it got stupider by the minute ...
    Watched "Bowling for Columbine" today.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317
    Byrnzie wrote:

I forgot to mention that 'Che' - Part 1 is really good. Benicio Del Toro does a fucking good job of playing Guevara. It's a long film but it seemed to go by in a flash, which is always a good sign.

Not seen 'Che' yet, but did see 'The MotoryCycle Diaries' which I thought was really good, I enjoyed it a great deal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0ImA9T7jTs&feature=youtube_gdata_player
    polaris_x wrote:
    mikalina wrote:

ya ... saw this last nite ... it seemed to falter where most hollywood movies falter these days ... too many cooks in the kitchen ... it's like there was a bunch of people involved and they all wanted certain things in the movie and there was no clear vision ... nothing made sense and it got stupider by the minute ...

it was kinda funny to see nick frost as one of the dwarves though.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    mikalina wrote:

Probably handed a pile of cash to the clowns at the MPAA. It would have hurt their target audience if they got an R rating
  • EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    Idris wrote:
    Not seen 'Che' yet, but did see 'The MotoryCycle Diaries' which I thought was really good, I enjoyed it a great deal.
    ditto!
  • Pamela0222Pamela0222 Posts: 1,544
    2 Words...

MAGIC MIKE

:corn:
    The thing I like most about time is that it's not real. It's all in the head. Sure, it's a useful trick to use if you want to meet someone at a specific place in the universe and have tea or coffee- but that's all it is- a trick. There is no such thing as the past. It exists only in the memory. There is no such thing as the future. It exists only in our imagination. If our watches were truly accurate, the only thing they would ever say is "Now". That's what time it is. It's "Now". - Damien Echols
  • EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    Pamela0222 wrote:
    2 Words...

MAGIC MIKE

Yes! :lol:
  • SpagsSpags Posts: 3,027
    Anybody using Letterboxd? This is me.

http://letterboxd.com/spagmasterswift/

I have some invites - PM me your email address if you would like one.

Nature drunk and High
  • Spags wrote:
    Anybody using Letterboxd? This is me.

http://letterboxd.com/spagmasterswift/

I have some invites - PM me your email address if you would like one.

No idea what that website is but I totally agree with you on Prometheus.
    Watched "Paul" this morning. Really enjoyed it. It was a different kind of comedy for me but really liked it. That's 4 movies I've seen this week...so far. I have "Rebel Without a Cause" and "The Tree of Life" on the DVR.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Newch91 wrote:
    Watched "Paul" this morning. Really enjoyed it. It was a different kind of comedy for me but really liked it. That's 4 movies I've seen this week...so far. I have "Rebel Without a Cause" and "The Tree of Life" on the DVR.

i watched Paul last weekend and enjoyed it as well.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    really looking forward to hangover 3 :think:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Pamela0222Pamela0222 Posts: 1,544
    81 wrote:

The movie or are you anticipating your weekend? ;)
    The thing I like most about time is that it's not real. It's all in the head. Sure, it's a useful trick to use if you want to meet someone at a specific place in the universe and have tea or coffee- but that's all it is- a trick. There is no such thing as the past. It exists only in the memory. There is no such thing as the future. It exists only in our imagination. If our watches were truly accurate, the only thing they would ever say is "Now". That's what time it is. It's "Now". - Damien Echols
    Pamela0222 wrote:
    81 wrote:

The movie or are you anticipating your weekend? ;)

:lol: ask me in a couple of weeks about my drunken adventures.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    Saw Moonrise Kingdom this week.Wes Anderson (The Royal Tenenbaums,The Darjeeling Limited,Fantastic Mr Fox,The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou)

Gorgeous film set in 1965 coming of age/never quite fitting in journey of boy scout Sam and storyteller Suzy falling in love and running away,well to the other side of the 16ft Island they live on :D

I was on the journey with them and I didn't want it to end.Funny,thought provoking,quirky and beautifully shot and Billy Murray as Suzy's dad :thumbup:
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    I caught Prometheus this afternoon. It wasn't as intense and psychological as I'd been hoping for, however it still held its own. I'd give it an 8.5/10 (rounded to nine on imdb). There were a few plot holes, and at parts the dialogue could have used a rewrite, but it was a fun ride. I'm sure I'll catch it again next week and get a better feel for the film, but for now the ranking stands.

On a side more I'm watching Alien right now.
    Heisenberg wrote:
    :o:D Looks amazing! I think this is the first time Tarantino and Leo worked together.
    Newch91 wrote:
    Heisenberg wrote:
    :o:D Looks amazing! I think this is the first time Tarantino and Leo worked together.
    I can't wait for this! It's been too long since the last movie from the Q-man
    Newch91 wrote:
    Heisenberg wrote:
    I can't wait for this! It's been too long since the last movie from the Q-man
    Was "Inglorious Bastards" his last one?
    It was, yeah. He still hasn't disappointed me with a film.
    It was, yeah. He still hasn't disappointed me with a film.
    I still haven't seen "Inglorious Bastards". :oops: