Movie Threads?

Comments

• intodeep wrote:
    BELLFLOWER!
    BELLFLOWER!
    BELLFLOWER!

How did i miss the movie Bellflower before?
    Awesome indie movie about two friends who spend their time preparng for the apocalypse by creating weapons (flame throwers and bad ass shit like that)and end up falling in love with these girls and things go horrendiously bad and it ends up in a mess.

It is another juxtaposed plot with an ending that leaves you talking like inception did.

You all have probably already seen it though right :? I'm just late to the party?

Anyway the cinamatography is great it is all low budget and filmed very uniquly.

I actually think i liked it more than drive

Good to hear, I have been waiting to see this, will hopefully get to it in the next few weeks
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Anyone seen this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6G5pyFhmAqE

Very strange film but kinda cool
    i have not seen Rubber but it looks interesting
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    Watched Drive last night. It was good....but I kept loosing interest in it. More than likely I won't watch it again.
  • sheila0225 wrote:
    Watched Drive last night. It was good....but I kept loosing interest in it. More than likely I won't watch it again.

I watched it last night as well , thought it was brilliant a welcome change from some of the rubbish that's been made lately.
  • intodeep wrote:
    Anyone seen this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6G5pyFhmAqE

Very strange film but kinda cool
    i have not seen Rubber but it looks interesting

It is, especially how the film communicates with its audience.
  • of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    runchaser wrote:
    sheila0225 wrote:

I watched it last night as well , thought it was brilliant a welcome change from some of the rubbish that's been made lately.

Maybe I just wasn't in the mood to watch that type of movie. It was definitely a good change from the rest that is out there. That I must say.
  • Rambis35Rambis35 Posts: 238
    I just got back from seeing "We Bought A Zoo"...WOW!! what a cOoL movie! ~

This looks good. I should probably try to see it soon!
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,793
    Anyone see The Grey yet? Heard mixed reviews on it. Might check it out some time next week.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • I just watched Moneyball. Anybody else seem it? I was really good, but I'm not a fan of the ending
  • The movie 'Drive' was different. Pretty good violence. A little slow at times, though.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • oona leftoona left Posts: 1,677
    runchaser wrote:
    sheila0225 wrote:

Agreed. I thought "Drive" was fantastic.

It was slow at times (which someone else mentioned). However, I felt the tension remained taut the entire time. Kind of like slow burn of a thriller.

I had just watched some of "The Hit List" the previous night, and the feel of these films are polar opposites of one another. "The Hit List" is slow, clumsy, disorganized - just awful, really. "Drive" is slow in the way creeping doubt is slow.
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    Just watched this recently released Chinese film called 'Kora' about a Taiwanese lad who cycles from Lijiang in Yunnan province to Lhasa in Tibet. Not a lot happens in this film but it's one that anyone interested in Tibet would like. It's no surprise that the highlight of this film is the scenery.

http://english.cri.cn/6666/2011/10/28/1461s664815.htm
    Based on a true story, "Kora" depicts a Taiwan young man's cycling journey to Tibet to fulfill his brother's final wish, experiencing encounters and farewells, struggles with nature, and discovery of himself.

Director Du Jiayi shared his thoughts on the film ahead of the screening.

"It has emotional resonance among people like me. For those around 30 years old, it shows a journey to discover what's deep inside our heart."

The film reportedly moved many Japanese audience members to tears, with some critics saying they were so moved by seeing a young man discover himself, find a new purpose in life and undergo such a tough and emotional journey.

Du hopes the film can connect with a wide range of audiences on a personal level.

"The film brings a fresh feeling and allows the audience to experience the value of life in such an extreme environment as a plateau. It feels different when you struggle with nature."
    Anyone see The Grey yet? Heard mixed reviews on it. Might check it out some time next week.

well decided to check it out tonight since i had a free regal card. It was ok. Had it's moments and a few "jumpy" parts. the ending was kinda disappointing, but should have seen it coming. Don't want to spoil anything though. Might be best to wait for it to come out on dvd/blu-ray.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 4,957
    I'm a big fan of Michael Shannon (Agent Van Alden from "Boardwalk Empire", etc.). His work with Director Jeff Nichols has already produced a very good movie in "Shotgun Stories". I checked out their 2nd collaboration and thought it was excellent. Nichols does wonders with small budgets by squeezing every drop of life out of the characters/story. This kid is gonna be really good someday soon. Those of you looking for something different should check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5U4TtYpKIc
    intodeep wrote:
    BELLFLOWER!
    BELLFLOWER!
    BELLFLOWER!

Awesome indie movie about two friends who spend their time preparng for the apocalypse by creating weapons (flame throwers and bad ass shit like that)and end up falling in love with these girls and things go horrendiously bad and it ends up in a mess.

It is another juxtaposed plot with an ending that leaves you talking like inception did.

You all have probably already seen it though right :? I'm just late to the party?

Anyway the cinamatography is great it is all low budget and filmed very uniquly.

Agreed.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276

well decided to check it out tonight since i had a free regal card. It was ok. Had it's moments and a few "jumpy" parts. the ending was kinda disappointing, but should have seen it coming. Don't want to spoil anything though. Might be best to wait for it to come out on dvd/blu-ray.

the previews did not look good.....

thanks for attending a Regal Cinema near you.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Heisenberg wrote:
    intodeep wrote:
    BELLFLOWER!
    BELLFLOWER!
    BELLFLOWER!

Agreed.

sounds interesting.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Anyone see Chronicle yet? I was on the fence about seeing it, but hearing it's getting decent reviews.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    I watched "Take Shelter" last night. Wow.

From IMDB: Plagued by a series of apocalyptic visions, a young husband and father questions whether to shelter his family from a coming storm, or from himself.

Highly recommended.
    Heisenberg wrote:
    I'm a big fan of Michael Shannon (Agent Van Alden from "Boardwalk Empire", etc.). His work with Director Jeff Nichols has already produced a very good movie in "Shotgun Stories". I checked out their 2nd collaboration and thought it was excellent. Nichols does wonders with small budgets by squeezing every drop of life out of the characters/story. This kid is gonna be really good someday soon. Those of you looking for something different should check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5U4TtYpKIc

I just saw this after I posted about "Take Shelter" above.

Michael Shannon is outstanding. Haven't been disappointed yet!
    81 wrote:
    Heisenberg wrote:
    intodeep wrote:
    BELLFLOWER!
    BELLFLOWER!
    BELLFLOWER!

Agreed.

sounds interesting.

Its weird and very dark, but good
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Just watched "Modern Times" for the first time in class. Chaplin is genius! Loved the movie!
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • I saw Safe House the other night. First time I had ever seen a Denzel Washington movie in the movies. It was an OK movie, cinemtography was a little weird.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    Just watched Jack Goes Boating with Phillip Seymour Hoffman last night....One of the better movies I have seen in quite a while..Kind of dark and different, but I enjoyed it...He is a GREAT actor imho... :)
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    Anyone see Chronicle yet? I was on the fence about seeing it, but hearing it's getting decent reviews.

I too would like to hear some reviews of this here.
  • EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    Anyone seen Moneyball? Is it worth watching?
    Heisenberg wrote:
    81 wrote:
    intodeep wrote:
    BELLFLOWER!
    BELLFLOWER!
    BELLFLOWER!

sounds interesting.

Its weird and very dark, but good

Watched this last night. Great film. Hadn't even heard of it until I saw it mentioned here.

It reminded me quite a bit of "Primer," another well done, ultra-low budget indie gem.
  • kellanazziekellanazzie Posts: 1,484
    Saw Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close. The critics in the New York tabloids panned but I thought it was very good, very moving.

Just saw this too...It had a few slow moments but it was pretty deep. First time I've ever been to a movie where the end credits roll & everyone in the theatre just sat there, quiet, motionless. Very stirring movie & it brought back alot of feelings I had for those connected so deeply & irrevocably.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    Just watched Jack Goes Boating with Phillip Seymour Hoffman last night....One of the better movies I have seen in quite a while..Kind of dark and different, but I enjoyed it...He is a GREAT actor imho... :)

so phillip seymour hoffmann plays himself in this one? i gotta check this out...
    www.myspace.com
    EmBleve wrote:
    Anyone seen Moneyball? Is it worth watching?

I thought it was very good.