Options

Movie Threads?

Comments

• Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    Just saw Source Code and Limitless - both good flicks. Especially liked Limitless.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options
    shadowcastshadowcast Posts: 2,178
    If you like scary movies then "Insidious" is a must. Don't get me wrong there are two WTF moments but other than that not bad.
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    Gonna watch The Hurricane later - never seen it
  • Options
    Thta looks pretty damn good.
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    best movie i've seen in a looooong time ...

Beginners ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXUFUp6vsxg

beautiful in its subtlety ... heartwarming with a touch of social conscience ... wonderfully written, directed and acted ...

i highly recommend it to the film lovers here ...
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,279
    shadowcast wrote:
    Thta looks pretty damn good.

I hope you were being sarcastic there :?
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Lukin66Lukin66 Posts: 3,063
    Just saw a commercial for a new flick called Our Idiot Brother with Paul Rudd. It looks okay, but I had to do a double take... Paul Rudd looks just like Eddie Vedder :mrgreen:
    deep, deep blue of the morning
    gets to me every time
  • Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    Cowboys and Aliens was very entertaining, especially if you like westerns. It has all the old western lines and cliches. Throw in some aliens and a decent cast of actors and you have a good summertime movie. Just don't go in expecting an best picture nomination and you will leave happy.
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    Lukin66 wrote:
    Just saw a commercial for a new flick called Our Idiot Brother with Paul Rudd. It looks okay, but I had to do a double take... Paul Rudd looks just like Eddie Vedder :mrgreen:
    :lol::lol: My boyfriend and I saw the commercial the other night and he said 'is that Eddie Vedder?'. :lol: It's the hair, I think. I kinda want to see it..Paul Rudd is pretty good.
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957

Hey look...it's "Armageddon" meets "Transformers" on water! :thumbdown:
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I did not care for cowboys and aliens :(

I was surprised it was a pretty standard run of the mill western movie but you just throw in some aliens. I was hoping for a little more from it then justa popcorn movie.

I wanted to connect more with the characters. Oh well i'm just not a summer movie guy they usually don't do much for me.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    intodeep wrote:
    I did not care for cowboys and aliens :(

I was surprised it was a pretty standard run of the mill western movie but you just throw in some aliens. I was hoping for a little more from it then justa popcorn movie.

I wanted to connect more with the characters. Oh well i'm just not a summer movie guy they usually don't do much for me.
    If they want me to see a movie called Cowboys & Aliens then they better add perverts in the title as well.
  • Options
    Just watched the Lincoln Lawyer - good flick. Better than I thought it would be.
  • Options
    IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317
    Just saw the new 'Planet of the apes'....It was really really really good.

One of the best new movies I've seen in ages, 'thumbs up' check it out, It has depth,emotion and of course it showed the on going struggles we face as people, living creatures battling our own ego, our own beings. The levels of understanding and the raising of consciousness. The 'waking' up to reality. In this case apes raising to a level of understanding above our own current levels. :ugeek:

Who are we? Where are we headed? What lines should be crossed? etc etc

:)
  • Options
    ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    We just seen "Limitless" and thought it was good. We also seen the doc "INGREDIENTS". It was really good too.
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
  • Options
    threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392
    Horrible bosses.

I was impressed, it was pretty funny. I did enjoy it a fair bit, but I have a mad man crush on Bateman, and i think he is one of the most underrated comedic actors. But I think he also shines in more serious roles like the kingdom.
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
  • Options
    prljamgirlprljamgirl Edmonton, AB Posts: 602
    We just seen "Limitless" and thought it was good. We also seen the doc "INGREDIENTS". It was really good too.

Last weekend we watched Limitless as well and it was really good. Also watched Source Code and enjoyed that one a lot as well. What else...oh ya, The Lincoln Lawyer was also a really good flick!!!
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957
    Wow...don't waste your time with this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VB22oo_f8g0

The trailer looks good, and it was pretty well-received but man is this a boring and predictable film Hell, there is one scene that is shot so poorly that you can't even tell which characters are involved because it's too dark to tell what's going on. Comparing this film to The Coen Brothers is like Creed to PJ.
  • Options
    prljamgirl wrote:

Last weekend we watched Limitless as well and it was really good. Also watched Source Code and enjoyed that one a lot as well. What else...oh ya, The Lincoln Lawyer was also a really good flick!!!

i think we will checking out Lincoln Lawyer next weekend too. I also want to see The Conspirators (the one about Lincoln's death). It looks really good.
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,520
    Idris wrote:

One of the best new movies I've seen in ages, 'thumbs up' check it out, It has depth,emotion and of course it showed the on going struggles we face as people, living creatures battling our own ego, our own beings. The levels of understanding and the raising of consciousness. The 'waking' up to reality. In this case apes raising to a level of understanding above our own current levels. :ugeek:

I agree completly...Saw it yesterday afternoon, very touching. My brother came with me, he's not into these type of movies and loved it

Looks like a sequel will continue right where this left off.

Go see it
  • Options
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    Idris wrote:

I agree completly...Saw it yesterday afternoon, very touching. My brother came with me, he's not into these type of movies and loved it

Looks like a sequel will continue right where this left off.

Go see it

I really have to see this movie. Big fan of all the old ones. Use to watch them with my dad. :D I think i might ask him to go see this with me!
  • Options
    EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    I really have to see this movie. Big fan of all the old ones. Use to watch them with my dad. :D I think i might ask him to go see this with me!
    aww. Yes, I have to see it, too. The original was one of the first movies I remember watching when it came on TV when I was very little. I LOVED it! :D Every time I see it on tv now I watch it. This new one might be sad, though. A new modern spin on it...as a person against animal testing, I wonder how it will be..
  • Options
    of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    prljamgirl wrote:

source code was awesome. Loved that one.
    inception wasn't bad either. made ya think...one of those movies you have to watch at least two or three times. in my opinion.
  • Options
    HeavyHandsHeavyHands Posts: 2,130
    Went and saw Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Pt. 2 yesterday. I really enjoyed it. It should be fun to do a marathon of all the movies after this one comes out on home video.
    "A lot more people are capable of being big out there that just don't give themselves a chance." -Stone Gossard
  • Options
    i think we will checking out Lincoln Lawyer next weekend too.

Lincoln Lawyer was a snore. Don't waste your time. Although, maybe the one scene of MM shirtless is worth it to you? :lol:

Watched Barney's Version last night. Fantastic film. Highly recommended. Paul Giamatti is an acting GOD.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    this may be a dumb question, but anyone see Lords of Dogtown? It's on my "always wanted to see it, but always forgot to look for it when I got to the movie store" list.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    this may be a dumb question, but anyone see Lords of Dogtown? It's on my "always wanted to see it, but always forgot to look for it when I got to the movie store" list.

yes, we enjoyed it. HTH :mrgreen:
  • Options
    threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392
    Started watching Soul Surfer the other day got about half way through. It was too midday movie/tele movie for me and it got a bit preachy.

It was definitely no 127 hours but had the same out come. But instead of cutting her own arm off she got a shark to do it for her.
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
  • Options
    pinkbutterflypinkbutterfly Posts: 1,391
    Paul Giamatti is an acting GOD.

I agree! I've loved him from the first time I saw him, in the movie, "Duets".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tw_HIceQAjk
    My last message to you ~

You're right. You are a monster! You are sick! Get help!

At least, I am not a fuck-up! A lying fuck-up!
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    saw Adjustment Bureau the other day. I thought it was a really interesting idea. It was very predictable, however, and there was something 'off' with the delivery, but I was captivated by the premise.

I'm also looking forward to seeing Barneys Version.. Giamati is awesome. Ever see American Splendor?
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)