Options

Movie Threads?

Comments

• Options
    ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    I AM SO EXCITED FOR THE SILENT HILL 2 MOVIE!!! I FREAKIN' LOVE HORROR MOVIES!!

ok, I am done. thank you.
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Has anyone seen "8 1/2"? I watched it last night in my Italian film class and that was some crazy shit.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    watched the orginal italian job last weekend.

it was solid except for the ending.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334

for reals? i thought silent hill 1 was baaaad

the video games of silent hill and resident evil are just SO MUCH SCARIER
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options

All films based on video games are baaaad
  • Options

All films based on video games are baaaad
    lets see...
    mortal kombat 1 & 2... yeah... though i thought 1 was alright at the time
    street fighter... yeah
    resident evils... doesn't seem like they even try to follow the games... and god knows why they've made so many
    super mario bros... they took too many artistic liberties with EVERYTHING

what am i missing?

i would love a well done zelda or halo movie... halo would actually be really conducive to a movie if they can get the right people on board

• Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    resident evils... doesn't seem like they even try to follow the games... and god knows why they've made so many

resident evil grossed over $200 million worldwide ...
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:

well...

i guess sex sells

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    lets see...
    street fighter... yeah

what am i missing?

i would love a well done zelda or halo movie... halo would actually be really conducive to a movie if they can get the right people on board
    Peter Jackson was five months into producing a movie based on Halo but the project collapsed. He allowed the director freedom to create another movie and the result was District 9. Based on how well done District 9 was (whether you liked the plot or not) it is a shame that Halo fell apart.

Hitman (w/ Bullock from Deadwood) was entertaining. I haven't seen Max Payne, but Marky-mark was in it. I enjoyed Mortal Kombat but have not seen it since it first came out ... I have no idea how it has aged.
  • Options
    Jason P wrote:
    lets see...
    street fighter... yeah

what am i missing?

Peter Jackson was five months into producing a movie based on Halo but the project collapsed. He allowed the director freedom to create another movie and the result was District 9. Based on how well done District 9 was (whether you liked the plot or not) it is a shame that Halo fell apart.

Hitman (w/ Bullock from Deadwood) was entertaining. I haven't seen Max Payne, but Marky-mark was in it. I enjoyed Mortal Kombat but have not seen it since it first came out ... I have no idea how it has aged.
    ohh yeah... i think i heard about the halo thing... bummer... i wonder what the hangup was :|

max payne was dumb... i watched it on a plane

• Options
    polaris_x wrote:

That doesn't mean it's a good film does it?
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559

hell no ... but if you're wondering why they get made ... that's your answer ... btw ... that's the gross for the latest installmenent of resident evil ... which is the worse by far ...

i work in the industry ... hollywood is not a place full of intellectual or creative people ...
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:

hell no ... but if you're wondering why they get made ... that's your answer ... btw ... that's the gross for the latest installmenent of resident evil ... which is the worse by far ...

i work in the industry ... hollywood is not a place full of intellectual or creative people ...
    BUT IT WAS IN 3-D! :shock:

what's more creative than remaking movies that weren't even good the first time around?? :lol:

• Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    i've seen one of the resident evil movies...it was enjoyable...and the hot chicks don't hurt.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:

It's a shame but I think your right.

Best soundtrack ever :lol::lol::lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkGWmsER8lc
  • Options
    hey... its still on my work out mix :geek:

really gets the jump rope going

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    Jason P wrote:

ohh yeah... i think i heard about the halo thing... bummer... i wonder what the hangup was :|

The video short below was produced for ODST but it was done well enough that I actually got excited to see what a team led by Peter Jackson could accomplish. Oh well, if they finish the Hobbit I'll call it good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DvCxSGo-Lo&feature=related
  • Options
    Jason P wrote:
    Jason P wrote:

The video short below was produced for ODST but it was done well enough that I actually got excited to see what a team led by Peter Jackson could accomplish. Oh well, if they finish the Hobbit I'll call it good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DvCxSGo-Lo&feature=related
    yeah i remember seeing part of that on TV before... serious potential! get aaron sorkin and christopher nolan on board and you have a hit

i think most reputable people in hollywood are still afraid to sign on to video game projects... it reads as a little gimmicky no matter how well done

• Options
    dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    polaris_x wrote:

Not in the slightest, considering the revenue of the The Fast & The Furious franchise.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Options
    shadowcastshadowcast Posts: 2,178
    ANyone see the movie "Let me in". I think it wnet to DVD like a month ago. I was thinking about for weeks after seeing it.
  • Options
    shadowcast wrote:
    ANyone see the movie "Let me in". I think it wnet to DVD like a month ago. I was thinking about for weeks after seeing it.

Another pointless remake. Do yourself a favour and watch the original. Only released a couple of years ago and was an instant success.
  • Options
    OwlOwl Posts: 1,062
    Newch91 wrote:
    Has anyone seen "8 1/2"? I watched it last night in my Italian film class and that was some crazy shit.

wow, had no idea there existed such a class: wish I could attend that, too!
    The only Fellini movie I've watched so far was La dolce vita.

What was the one you've enjoyed the most so far?

Last night I went to watch The kids are all right. I was quite pleased about everyone's acting except for Mark Ruffalo's. But I guess his character was weaker than the others. I enjoyed it on the whole and didn't imagine it would be that dramatic.
  • Options
    HeavyHandsHeavyHands Posts: 2,130
    I just watched Toy Story 2 last night. I had a smile on my face practically the whole movie. I'm watching Toy Story 3 tonight.

Can't wait.
    "A lot more people are capable of being big out there that just don't give themselves a chance." -Stone Gossard
  • Options
    HeavyHands wrote:
    I just watched Toy Story 2 last night. I had a smile on my face practically the whole movie. I'm watching Toy Story 3 tonight.

Can't wait.
    you had a smile on your face during the sarah mclaughlin flashback?? YOU MONSTER!

TS 2 + 3 bring a tear to my eye every time

enjoy part 3! fantastic trilogy

• Options
    HeavyHandsHeavyHands Posts: 2,130
    HeavyHands wrote:

Can't wait.
    you had a smile on your face during the sarah mclaughlin flashback?? YOU MONSTER!

TS 2 + 3 bring a tear to my eye every time

enjoy part 3! fantastic trilogy

"practically" you savage! I've known for a long time not to include too many infinitives!

:lol:
    "A lot more people are capable of being big out there that just don't give themselves a chance." -Stone Gossard
  • Options
    OwlOwl Posts: 1,062
    HeavyHands wrote:

Can't wait.

I've cried as an idiot for most of the 3rd one :lol:
    such a good one!
    Enjoy it ;)
  • Options
    The 3rd will make you cry. I brought my brother to see it in theaters the day it came out and he asked me why I was crying.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    American: The Bill Hicks Story
    -All that's sacred comes from youth.
  • Options
    voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    I know it's a few years old and a remake but wanted to say I just watched The Manchurian Candidate (2004) for the first time last night during a bout of insomnia, I don't remember much of the original (no pun intended) except for the "garden party" but wanted to say this movie was incredible, visually stunning with great acting. Nice to see Frank's daughter was one of the producers.
  • Options
    VoidOfMan wrote:
    I know it's a few years old and a remake but wanted to say I just watched The Manchurian Candidate (2004) for the first time last night during a bout of insomnia, I don't remember much of the original (no pun intended) except for the "garden party" but wanted to say this movie was incredible, visually stunning with great acting. Nice to see Frank's daughter was one of the producers.
    I remember I saw that in theaters when it came out and my uncle brought me and my 3 cousins to see it. The theater was packed and one of my cousins and myself were sitting somewhere else and when they would show the needle going in his head, it freaked us out.