Options

Movie Threads?

Comments

• Options
    shadowcastshadowcast Posts: 2,178
    shadowcast wrote:
    ANyone see the movie "Let me in". I think it wnet to DVD like a month ago. I was thinking about it for weeks after seeing it.

Another pointless remake. Do yourself a favour and watch the original. Only released a couple of years ago and was an instant success.
    No thanks, not a fan of subtitles.
  • Options
    HeavyHandsHeavyHands Posts: 2,130
    The Goods

"I'm not really sure where this is headed but I like it. Play through. Party back at the Hacienda Courts, everyone's invited. No dudes."

Piven's finest performance since PCU.
    "A lot more people are capable of being big out there that just don't give themselves a chance." -Stone Gossard
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,442
    macgruber....

THUMBS UP! :thumbup: :thumbup:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,198
    Saw Limitless this past weekend. It was ok. Not bad, but not great. That's about it :lol:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    macgruber....

that movie was surprisingly good for such a shitty sketch :lol:
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,458
    The Kings Speech is an awesome film
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    I watched "Letters from Iwo Jima" and "Stripes" this weekend. I can say I really enjoyed "Stripes".
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    macgruber....

that movie was surprisingly good for such a shitty sketch :lol:

i know right?

just saw it again last night. i think it did fairly well at the box office. i can see a sequel.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Saw Limitless this past weekend. It was ok. Not bad, but not great. That's about it :lol:

kinda want to see this one.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    illegal pantsillegal pants Posts: 13,471

kinda how i sum it up too

thought it was shot well, the travel sequence from cab to cab is pretty cool

and is that "Eddie's" real eye colour? :o
    wah
  • Options
    pinkbutterflypinkbutterfly Posts: 1,391
    The Kings Speech is an awesome film

I loved the King's Speech! Colin Firth was terrific. Although, after he won the Oscar, I watched 127 hours and thought maybe James Franco should have won. I don't know. They were both great.
    My last message to you ~

You're right. You are a monster! You are sick! Get help!

At least, I am not a fuck-up! A lying fuck-up!
  • Options
    ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    I FREAKIN' LOVED ISIDIOUS. I never seen a whole audience jump so high! AWESOME!! :lol:
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
  • Options
    EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    I FREAKIN' LOVED ISIDIOUS. I never seen a whole audience jump so high! AWESOME!! :lol:
    I am going to see that this weekend!! I can't wait to see it, too! :D
  • Options
    EmBleve wrote:
    I am going to see that this weekend!! I can't wait to see it, too! :D
    I would pay to see this movie again in 3D!! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    anyone looking forward to Hanna? :)
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:
    anyone looking forward to Hanna? :)

YES!
  • Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    I saw a user-created list on imdb over the weekend, of the 107 best sci-fi and post-apolcalyptic movies of all time....I ended up getting like a half dozen of these movies and watched a few....
    A Boy and His Dog was ranked #1....I went to watch the trailer on youtube, and the whole movie was there...so I decided to skip that one :lol:

But I did watch 3 others - Surrogates with Bruce Willis (decent, nothing too special)...Sunshine - liked this one - I'm a fan of Danny Boyle but had not even heard of this movie...and I watched Knowing with Nic Cage, which I thought was an awesome show!

I still have Moon, Equilibrium, and Dark City to watch from the list.
  • Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    I saw a user-created list on imdb over the weekend, of the 107 best sci-fi and post-apolcalyptic movies of all time....I ended up getting like a half dozen of these movies and watched a few....
    A Boy and His Dog was ranked #1....I went to watch the trailer on youtube, and the whole movie was there...so I decided to skip that one :lol:

But I did watch 3 others - Surrogates with Bruce Willis (decent, nothing too special)...Sunshine - liked this one - I'm a fan of Danny Boyle but had not even heard of this movie...and I watched Knowing with Nic Cage, which I thought was an awesome show!

I love Moon!
  • Options

Equilibrium was cool. I think that's the one with Christian Bale.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559

I love Moon!

for those that don't know ... the guy who directed Moon is the same guy as Source Code and the son of David Bowie ...
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:

There is a Christian Bale SciFi movie i havent scene? Oh My!!!
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:

There is a Christian Bale SciFi movie i havent scene? Oh My!!!
    You better watch it!!
  • Options
    Man i hope it's on Netflix, i even got tomorrow off!!!
  • Options
    ya, the write ups said that Moon was a GREAT movie, and it was very well reviewed on imdb - looking forward to it...Equilibrium is billed as more of a thinking-man's Matrix with less fx....reviews say it's better than the Matrix.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0238380/

Here's the list I was talking about:
    http://www.imdb.com/list/1t9qe2TSJ3s/
    Some good stuff on there :)
  • Options
    Man i hope it's on Netflix, i even got tomorrow off!!!
    There you go. Look it up.
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:
    for those that don't know ... the guy who directed Moon is the same guy as Source Code and the son of David Bowie ...

Source Code is getting good reviews, but one of the first reviews i read said, go into it not knowing anything, so thats my plan.
  • Options
    themessengerthemessenger Dallas Posts: 1,320

Sounds like a list I need to check out! I liked Sunshine a lot as well, and have Dark City and Moon on my to watch list too.
  • Options

Sounds like a list I need to check out! I liked Sunshine a lot as well, and have Dark City and Moon on my to watch list too.
    I have a thing for the post-apocalyptic genre....I posted a link to the list above :)
  • Options
    On the subject of Christian Bale i just recently saw The Machinist, Good movie, bug out, what an actor.
  • Options
    On the subject of Christian Bale i just recently saw The Machinist, Good movie, bug out, what an actor.
    Yeah that movie was crazy. To me, it seemed like "Fight Club" but with Christian Bale.